What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (14 Viewers)

I rode my bike (on a trainer stand) for the first time in probably 2 years.  I could only tolerate 15 minutes before the rump started to ache on that hard seat.  At least I have a new option for days I can't run.

Definitely not in the DGAF mode.  I am trying to stay positive.

Stopped tracking since I am over my goal.

4/1 - 295.2 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 565 active cal; 739 total cal.  60 Total Minutes.

4/2 - 296.0 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 617 active cal; 790 total cal.  120 total Minutes.

4/3 - 296.6 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 601 active cal; 776 total cal.  180 Total Minutes.

4/4 - 296.0 lbs: 30 min recumbent bike; 261 active cal; 347 total cal.  210 total minutes.  

4/5 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 414 active cal.; 544 total cal.  255 total minutes.

4/6 - 294.8 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 486 active cal.; 616 total cal.  300 total minutes.

4/7 - 294.4 lbs; 24 min walk & 30 min recumbent bike; 405 active cal; 561 total cal; 354 total minutes.

4/8 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 281 active cal; 305 total cal.  384 total minutes.  

4/9 - 294.4 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 267 active cal; 354 total cal.  414 total minutes.

4/10 - 293.8 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 541 active cal; 713 total cal.  474 Total Minutes.

4/11 - 293.4 lbs; 60 min recumbent bike; 482 active cal; 654 total cal.  534 Total Minutes.

4/12 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 365 active cal; 495 total cal; 579 Total minutes.

4/13 - 294.6 lbs; 0 minutes; 579 total minutes.

4/14 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 339 active cal; 469 Total cal; 624 Total minutes.

4/15 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 382 active cal; 512 Total cal; 669 Total minutes.

4/16 - 294.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 344 active cal; 474 Total cal;  714 Total minutes.

4/17 - 294.0 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 260 active cal; 346 total cal; 744 Total minutes.

4/18 - 294.6 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 344 active cal; 474 total cal; 789 Total minutes.

4/19 - 293.8 lbs; 0 minutes; 789 total minutes.

4/20 - 293.2 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 355 active cal; 484 total cal; 834 Total minutes.

4/21 - 295.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 375 active cal; 505 total cal; 879 Total minutes.

4/22 - 295.0 lbs; 30 min recumbent bike; 222 active cal; 309 total cal; 909 Total minutes. 

4/23 - 293.0 lbs; 45 min recumbent bike; 367 active cal; 496 total cal; 954 Total minutes.

I didn't GAF enough for yoga this morning but GAF enough about my Tecumseh challenge to do 61 minutes of walking today.  I did get out of my neighborhood in an automobile for the first time in...a couple of weeks?...I don't know?...maybe that will help.  Otherwise I'm totally in the doldrums and living on Main St. in DGAF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't GAF enough for yoga this morning but GAF enough about my Tecumseh challenge to do 61 minutes of walking today.  I did get out of my neighborhood in an automobile for the first time in...a couple of weeks?...I don't know?...maybe that will help.  Otherwise I'm totally in the doldrums and living on Main St. in DGAF.
Look for me in either the ice cream parlor, or the saloon. 

Oh!  And here's the worst part of my day... I had been waiting, eating decently all week, because I had an event* tonight where I was going to get to eat a cheeseburger.  So I've been waiting for and thinking about this ####### cheeseburger for a week or more, salivating over it.  I last had a cheeseburger...I don't know...a few months ago or more? 

Ordering time comes and I decide to go for it and even make it a bacon cheeseburger because that's how I damn well roll.  The cheeseburger arrives and...it's way overcooked.  Dry.  Awful.  I ate it because it was a ####### bacon cheeseburger but I feel totally gypped. 

Mr krista says we could make up for it by grilling up our own cheeseburgers tomorrow, but I've been saving for this.  ####.

*No contact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked about 50 Minutes and then jumped on the cycle for another 50 Minutes, 2.5 miles Walk, 10 Miles on the ride

2,580 Total going into the weekend. Still gotta survive the 2nd and 3rd round of the Draft tonight. Ate pizza and drank beer last night. 

Even though I still don't GAF, I forced myself into yoga and a lot of self-propelled forward movement today. 

I had skipped yoga yesterday in part because the title of Day 19 is "Balance," and I'm frustrated by my lack of balance now as an old person, after being a gymnast/cheerleader/dancer earlier in life.  As it turned out, though my balance still isn't nearly what I wish, I was able to do all but one optional portion of the program, so I feel good about that. 

I topped that off with two separate walks today, for a total of 143 minutes of activity, bringing me to 2130 for the month.

4/1 - 81

4/2 - 67

4/3 - 62

4/4 - 103

4/5 - 100

4/6 - 86

4/7 - 82

4/8 - 86

4/9 - 88

4/10 - 64

4/11 - 98

4/12 - 115

4/13 - 90

4/14 - 81

4/15 - 81

4/16 - 82

4/17 - 123

4/18 - 91

4/19 - 84

4/20 - 82

4/21 - 90

4/22 - 90

4/23 - 61

4/24 - 143

Total:  2130

I live in FL and it rained all day, torrential FL rains where you can't go outside.  Instead of getting steps I did 100 push ups and 100 curls throughout the day.  It's better than nothing.
Good on you for adapting to something else instead.  Impressive!

i have now lost about 32 pounds in 55 days since my heart done tried to blow up on me and tonight i made a pizza that was only 600 calories and i mean the whole thing take that to the bank bromigos 
Got a recipe, brochacho?

I put such a huge dent in my wine storage that I spent a few hours making an order of Paso wines using Covid coupons, email deals, etc. This gin was ordered a few hours ago... along with... a stupid amount of red wine. I will check out Santa Barbara for white tomorrow.

Oh in the spirit of the thread. I don't know what all the counting is, but I am walking a grade in the desert behind my house every night... slowly jogging down it... 5 miles exactly.

Tecumseh said:
i have now lost about 32 pounds in 55 days since my heart done tried to blow up on me and tonight i made a pizza that was only 600 calories and i mean the whole thing take that to the bank bromigos 
Got a recipe, brochacho?
yep and i will even return for this which as you know is a big thing for me and rare so enjoy it anyhow from the bottom to the top

pastorelli ultra thin 100 percent whole wheat crust 160 calories

hunts no salt added tomato sauce one half can 35 calories i add in garlic powder and red pepper flakes to the sauce maybe those have calories but i didnt track them

and right on top of the sauce is red onion diced up point 2 of an onion 12 calories

jalapenos diced up less than an ounce 9 calories

then the cheese is 1 cup of fat free mozerella 180 calories

then 17 slices of hormel turkey pepperoni which is 1 serving for 70 calories

then on top is another point 2 of onion slices for 12 calories another ounce of jalapenos discs for 9 calories  

i put on half a stalk of celery thin sliced as well for 3 calories which seems wierd but gives it some crunch and is like nothing for calories

then 2 to 3 ounces of mushrooms sliced up for 20 calories

then one half cup of fat free cheddar on top of all of that 

and sometime i throw some fresh basil on top ribboned up i use so little that myfitnesspal says it is 0 calories

cook for about 7 to 8 minutes at 450 degrees in a preheated oven

and take that to the 600 calorie deliciousness bank brochacho 

It's not about me in this wonderful group thread that was created light years ago. However, I wanted to update the weight as I decided to weigh in this morning. 

March 20th, the day restaurants closed I was bouncing around 220

April 4th, the day they pretty much shut us down on the Tennis Courts I was roughly 215

April 25th, 3 weeks from when I stopped playing Tennis 2-3x a week and began walking and cycling, rotating but doing them every day without fail. 

202 Baby!!! I am listening to an electronic music set live from Seoul, Korea as I am typing this "Peggy Gou" you can find her Facebook Live and also Soundcloud has archived sets, makes walking and cycling a lot more fun. 

I wanted to get under 200 by May 1st but I am trying not to focus on a little digital number on the evil scales. My energy and my attitude is way up, every morning I am waking up at 6:00 ready to roll, taking the lead on things that need to get done around the house right now. My wife works way too hard, I've learned that form her working at home. More on that on a future post.  

60 Minutes with Mrs this morning on our walk, 3 miles, felt good. Also cleaned the house and did some Spring Cleaning, that should count but I'm going to just tally the walks and rides for now.  It's amazing how much energy you can burn just picking up and cleaning as you go along. 

2,640 April total and rain in the forecast later today. 

5 Days left, 360 Minutes to break 3,000 on the month. Want to sail past that if possible. Thank you again to each and every one of you. I have already seen the impact on many of being trapped inside all day or at least having that mindset, lots of folks are going in the wrong direction right now. 

I mentioned it rained all day yesterday so when I woke up this AM the skies were clear but with probable rain later today.  So I had a choice to make - a typical slow start to the day with my computer or netflix while I have my coffee or take a walk.  If I chose the slow start I wouldn't be able to get to 10K steps.   I really didn't want to go and went back and forth with myself several times.  I finally decided to GAF today and left my house for some exercise before the rains come and I am so glad I did it!  As of 11AM I have 11,382 steps so far today.

:pickle:

5 Days left, 360 Minutes to break 3,000 on the month. Want to sail past that if possible. Thank you again to each and every one of you. I have already seen the impact on many of being trapped inside all day or at least having that mindset, lots of folks are going in the wrong direction right now. 
Great job, and great post!  It is about you, insofar as it's about each of us, individually.  I'm happy for you.

I mentioned it rained all day yesterday so when I woke up this AM the skies were clear but with probable rain later today.  So I had a choice to make - a typical slow start to the day with my computer or netflix while I have my coffee or take a walk.  If I chose the slow start I wouldn't be able to get to 10K steps.   I really didn't want to go and went back and forth with myself several times.  I finally decided to GAF today and left my house for some exercise before the rains come and I am so glad I did it!  As of 11AM I have 11,382 steps so far today.

:pickle:
Fantastic!  It's all about that, isn't it?  Dragging yourself out and then being so happy that you did.

When I realized yesterday that I was at 2130, I thought, "Maybe I should go for 3000 for the month after all."  Then I did the math and realized I would need to put in about 2-1/2 hours each of the next six days.  Ummmm, no.  

Today I've had 92 minutes and am sticking right there.
You can definitely go past 2,500 and I think you and I will be near the most logged minutes and also doing it consistently, I don't think we have missed a day in April but I could be wrong. 

Gonna try and maybe hit it one more time tonight, I wanted to sail past 3,000 Sunday Night but that's not going to happen. 

No Rain M/T/W with highs around 80 degrees, are you kidding me? I should rack up a ton of minutes as I close in on my goal this week. 

Another beauty of a day.   Took a walk.  Rode the bike with the fam.  Played b ball with the kid.  Easy 120 minutes.   Between the good stuff, I started painting the dining room.  Two coats on the ceiling and will get the walls tomorrow.   I hate painting but since we are stuck home these days, it makes sense to get it over with.  

Can I borrow some GAF if you find any extra?  Quarantine has completely crushed my GAF. 
My diet is still not good so I’m not where I need to be but I’m trying to get myself on track.   You have been smashing the health kick thing this year.   Corona has derailed many plans and it’s not surprising that any of us are not focused on our health when life is stressful and just freaking weird.   It’s time to start to get back on track.  

1299 minutes for the month. 5 days to break 1500. 

weight stable at 237ish this week, but I have been killing the Kirklands Praline Pecans. I think the container is almost gone (I won’t be buying another since I can’t resist them) so next week should be better even if that is the only change I make to my diet. 

1299 minutes for the month. 5 days to break 1500. 

weight stable at 237ish this week, but I have been killing the Kirklands Praline Pecans. I think the container is almost gone (I won’t be buying another since I can’t resist them) so next week should be better even if that is the only change I make to my diet. 
Just put those pecans in a nice hot bowl of hot long cut oatmeal, add some ripe blueberries and a little brown sugar. 

Did a 3.2 mile hike that took around an hour and 20 (can’t go much faster with a 4 and 6 year old).  Then came home and ran around 2.2 miles.  Total around 138 minutes today but will round up to 140.
Amazing!!! Had to feel good

I feel like I’m the weak link in this thread but........

you got it -  I DGAF
DGAFWYT, you show you care by checking in and adding to the discussion. 

My diet is still not good so I’m not where I need to be but I’m trying to get myself on track.   You have been smashing the health kick thing this year.   Corona has derailed many plans and it’s not surprising that any of us are not focused on our health when life is stressful and just freaking weird.   It’s time to start to get back on track.  
Thanks Gb. Yeah I was smashing.  Was working out and feeling great. Just a bad week, and a bad quarantine. I have a better week ahead I know it.  

Users who are viewing this thread