What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (16 Viewers)

Okay, I've been exclusively in the SP since football season started so would someone please explain (or point me to the appropriate thread) the whole pigeon thing going on in the FFA?

TIA
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749757-cstu-welched-nothing-for-sinn-fein-hags-twitches-pigeon-dating-game-cappy-kicker-rankings-fc24-finds-cd-scam-mop-sucks-at-geography-too-fc24-collection-effort-cstu-tweet-rampage-re-jameis-winston-pigeon-avatars-and-limericks-emoticon-is-go/

There's the thread.  Otis forgot to bookmark the thread so I'm left with tossing a 100 page thread at you.

In a nutshell, there's a guy on this board that posts Pigeons of the Day on Twitter.  We're all friends on the flying rats now.

Tomorrow's lineup: 

mimosas

cheerios, donuts, pancake. 

Left over Chinese 

pasta 

pizza

beer 

pirate booty and popcorn. Lots of it. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/749757-cstu-welched-nothing-for-sinn-fein-hags-twitches-pigeon-dating-game-cappy-kicker-rankings-fc24-finds-cd-scam-mop-sucks-at-geography-too-fc24-collection-effort-cstu-tweet-rampage-re-jameis-winston-pigeon-avatars-and-limericks-emoticon-is-go/

There's the thread.  Otis forgot to bookmark the thread so I'm left with tossing a 100 page thread at you.

In a nutshell, there's a guy on this board that posts Pigeons of the Day on Twitter.  We're all friends on the flying rats now.
Thanks I was perusing that thread and...I have no idea what the hell is going on in there.

I'm in Brussels until 1/4, then San Francisco until 1/8. All told I will have been away from home for 28 days on a worldwide eating extravaganzapalooza. I would be happy to join the weight loss bet thingy O has going on but I'm pretty sure I'm barred by reputation alone because it wouldn't be fair to you all.

Thanks I was perusing that thread and...I have no idea what the hell is going on in there.

I'm in Brussels until 1/4, then San Francisco until 1/8. All told I will have been away from home for 28 days on a worldwide eating extravaganzapalooza. I would be happy to join the weight loss bet thingy O has going on but I'm pretty sure I'm barred by reputation alone because it wouldn't be fair to you all.
Yeah you did the lemonade diet for like 30 days. Move along, pal. This isn't the bet for you. 

I'll be donating my Kristy Kreme punch card to Sinn Fein at the commencement of the contest. After tonight, only 2 more dozen to get a free one.
I need to get my secret weapon ditkaless wonders to send Otis some more desserts to his office on 1/3. 

Currently prob in the 225-230 range, 6'2. Only looking for 212-217 so I'm worried my goals percentage wise can't get me the w.

dropping kids from a Paris NYE party back home,-already a bunch of iPa in and lots of cheese, should be a solid weighin tomorrow if tonight stays on track. 

Happy NY 

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently prob in the 225-230 range, 6'2. Only looking for 212-217 so I'm worried my goals percentage wise can't get me the w.

dropping kids from a Paris NYE party back home,-already a bunch of iPad in and lots of cheese, should be a solid weighin tomorrow if tonight stays on track. 

Happy NY 
You in, fella?

I was 278 this morning.  Goal weight is 210 or so.  Getting to 250 would roughly be 10%.  I believe I would be a contender.

However my wife knows I take things to an extreme and knows I will go full blown Keto diet and be miserable to live with for a week.....

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE OMG UPDATE

--> Some dude made a really good point that some of these other dudes have pretty low post counts.  I hate to be a Richard, but it's a fair point--I'm usually ubertrusting of dudes posting here, but cstu is basically why we can't have nice things.  So I'm doing some gating based on guys who either have a high post count and have been around a long time or guys who I know are reliable.   How do I know?  Well, to hell with you, I'm assuming, and I'm probably wrong and some jackhole is going to run off with all our money, but if we're all thin and handsome, I've probably spent a hundred bucks in far worse ways.

--> Since so many dudes are having snowball fights and eating hot dogs at their mom's house and stuff tomorrow, we're going to aloe two start day options. THAT'S RIGHT, THE CONTEST BEGINS ON 1/1 or 1/2., do your original weigh in whichever day you prefer.  And it ENDS ON 4/1, APRIL FOOL'S DAY, or 4/2, depending on your start date.  Because really, as I said here over a bucket of chicken fingers and ranch dressing on my couch tonight, it dawned on me that we're doing a huge disservice here in encouraging some folks to be disgusting for an extra day for the sake of this contest.  So start whichever day you like, end 3 months later.  Me?  I'm fat as ####, and ever hour I allow this to continue is taking years off my life.  I'm going first thing tomorrow.

Current listing so far:

• Otis
  • James Daulton
  • Tiger Fan
  • ProstheticRGK
  • Woz
  • AcerFC
  • matuski
  • Sabertooth
  • East Coast Bias
  • glvsav37
  • fantasycurse42?
  • Yankee23Fan?
  • BassnBrew
Anyone else?

NEW AND IMPROVED CONTEST RULES:

• Must pre-pay $100 to Otis as cash holder.  Otis will pay out winnings and arbitrate any dispute in his sole O-discretion.
  • Winner and runner-up split the proceeds 70/30.  We're up to good dollars here now, so it's a nice payout either way, and there are a couple reasons I think this makes sense which I won't post here just yet.
  • 3-month contest.  Weigh in on January 2, weigh out on April Fool's Day   
  • Winner determined based on percent of total weight lost
  • Must do regular checkins with progress.  No showing up 3 months later and being all "HAHA SURPRISE, I LOST A BRZILLION POUNDS I WIN"
  • Otis is not allowed to pull a :cstu:
  • No you can't do your first weigh-in with sand in your pockets--all weigh-ins must be totally naked, for god to smile down on you in all your fat splendor.
  • We're on the honor system.  Not the cstu honor system, but like, actual honor.  So don't be a Richard.

I'll ping all the contestants by PM tomorrow with Paypal info.  I'll give you my wife's paypal; she'll promptly spend all your money on shoes, and then a sadder, fatter Otis will have to send you guys money 3 months from now.  FML

If you're interested, get in while the gettin' in is good.  And sorry again to the low post count/lurker dudes.  Like I said, would love to have you in, but F cstu

--> Some dude made a really good point that some of these other dudes have pretty low post counts.  I hate to be a Richard, but it's a fair point--I'm usually ubertrusting of dudes posting here, but cstu is basically why we can't have nice things.  So I'm doing some gating based on guys who either have a high post count and have been around a long time or guys who I know are reliable.   How do I know?  Well, to hell with you, I'm assuming, and I'm probably wrong and some jackhole is going to run off with all our money, but if we're all thin and handsome, I've probably spent a hundred bucks in far worse ways.

--> Since so many dudes are having snowball fights and eating hot dogs at their mom's house and stuff tomorrow, we're going to delay the start one day.  THAT'S RIGHT, THE CONTEST BEGINS ON 1/2.  And it STILL ENDS ON 4/1, APRIL FOOL'S DAY.  Because really, ending any contest on April Fool's Day is good shtick.  And if one day is going to make a difference, you haven't planned very well.

Current listing so far:

• Otis
  • James Daulton
  • Tiger Fan
  • ProstheticRGK
  • Woz
  • AcerFC
  • matuski
  • Sabertooth
  • East Coast Bias
  • fantasycurse42?
  • Yankee23Fan?
Anyone else?

• Must pre-pay $100 to Otis as cash holder.  Otis will pay out winnings and arbitrate any dispute in his sole O-discretion.
  • Winner and runner-up split the proceeds 70/30.  We're up to good dollars here now, so it's a nice payout either way, and there are a couple reasons I think this makes sense which I won't post here just yet.
  • Must do regular checkins with progress.  No showing up 3 months later and being all "HAHA SURPRISE, I LOST A BRZILLION POUNDS I WIN"
  • No you can't do your first weigh-in with sand in your pockets--all weigh-ins must be totally naked, for good to smile down on you in all your fat splendor.
  • We're on the honor system.  Not the cstu honor system, but like, actual honor.  So don't be a Richard.
Fair enough.  While I threw out the initial thought for this, I dont really think I had a chance anyway given my current weight.  Ill sit this one out but will still follow along and post updates just to follow along.  Good luck to all involved!

--> Since so many dudes are having snowball fights and eating hot dogs at their mom's house and stuff tomorrow, we're going to aloe two start day options. THAT'S RIGHT, THE CONTEST BEGINS ON 1/1 or 1/2., do your original weigh in whichever day you prefer.  And it ENDS ON 4/1, APRIL FOOL'S DAY, or 4/2, depending on your start date.  Because really, as I said here over a bucket of chicken fingers and ranch dressing on my couch tonight, it dawned on me that we're doing a huge disservice here in encouraging some folks to be disgusting for an extra day for the sake of this contest.  So start whichever day you like, end 3 months later.  Me?  I'm fat as ####, and ever hour I allow this to continue is taking years off my life.  I'm going first thing tomorrow.

Current listing so far:

• Otis
  • James Daulton
  • Tiger Fan
  • ProstheticRGK
  • Woz
  • AcerFC
  • matuski
  • Sabertooth
  • East Coast Bias
  • glvsav37
  • fantasycurse42?
  • Yankee23Fan?
  • BassnBrew
Anyone else?

• No you can't do your first weigh-in with sand in your pockets--all weigh-ins must be totally naked, for god to smile down on you in all your fat splendor.
Updated the start date to two options. Because some of us are way too fat to wait a minute longer. This is dire. 

I was 278 this morning.  Goal weight is 210 or so.  Getting to 250 would roughly be 10%.  I believe I would be a contender.

However my wife knows I take things to an extreme and knows I will go full blown Keto diet and be miserable to live with for a week.....
Sitting at 287 myself at 6'6"...Holy crap I'm fat.  Think I'll have another shot of jameson and call it a night and start .... tomorrow???

IN FIRST

INITIAL WEIGH IN (Per fit bit Aria)

237.9lbs / 24.9% body fat / BMI 29

A couple of observations. First, real opportunity lost here as you'll all eventually see when I release my Aria live link, my weight is exactly my average weight last week. So despite all my eating efforts in the past two days, apparently the alcohol efforts balanced that out and I've not gamed the system one bit. Second, Jesus Christ I'm fat. Gut and manboobs back near all time peak levels. 

This contest is so sorely needed. Off I go. 

Good luck gentlemen. May you all have a healthy and prosperous 2017 and reach them diet goals. 

Edited to add: this doesn't seem to work on mobile, but I believe this link should show you my weigh-ins:

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DY98B

IN FIRST

INITIAL WEIGH IN (Per fit bit Aria)

237.9lbs / 24.9% body fat / BMI 29

A couple of observations. First, real opportunity lost here as you'll all eventually see when I release my Aria live link, my weight is exactly my average weight last week. So despite all my eating efforts in the past two days, apparently the alcohol efforts balanced that out and I've not gamed the system one bit. Second, Jesus Christ I'm fat. Gut and manboobs back near all time peak levels. 

This contest is so sorely needed. Off I go. 

Good luck gentlemen. May you all have a healthy and prosperous 2017 and reach them diet goals. 
At this weight you have a much better chance than I thought.  I was guessing you'd come in around 230.  Given your past attempts, if you stick with the plan here, my guess is you come in at 211, losing 26.9 lbs, for a 11.3% loss.  Good luck!

***  INITIAL WEIGH IN ***

234.1 via Fitbit scale.

After hitting a low of 208 in early Fall, I've been "creeping" up since like I normally do.  I turn 49 tomorrow and want to get below 200 by Summer, this contest's timing is perfect for me.  Sorry boys but it's all over but Otis's epic binge stories for the next three months. 

I've been dealing with some health issues and my weight spiked. Need to lose a lot but have to be honest , posting what I just weighed myself at is sickening.

But I guess that is the point.

I think there should be before and after pics for verification... And to keep you guys honest and motivated.  Obviously you can blur out or cut out faces.  But please be naked /Christo :wub:

Sitting at 287 myself at 6'6"...Holy crap I'm fat.  Think I'll have another shot of jameson and call it a night and start .... tomorrow???
I'm 6-6 as well. Big frame so I can hold 275 well and look good. But given my health issues I probably need to get myself to about 260 to feel a lot better.

I'm in Otis.  I weighed in this morning at 310.2.  No not a type o.  Surprised the scale didn't scream. PM me your info.

At this weight you have a much better chance than I thought.  I was guessing you'd come in around 230.  Given your past attempts, if you stick with the plan here, my guess is you come in at 211, losing 26.9 lbs, for a 11.3% loss.  Good luck!
I haven't been to 211 in probably a decade. The best I did on my good run last year was a plateau at 215. 211 would be a miracle. 

I think there should be before and after pics for verification... And to keep you guys honest and motivated.  Obviously you can blur out or cut out faces.  But please be naked /Christo :wub:
The pics could also act as a food deterrent since it sounds like many of these bodies are simply disgusting tubs of goo. 

I haven't been to 211 in probably a decade. The best I did on my good run last year was a plateau at 215. 211 would be a miracle. 
This is longer term though and you have a little extra motivation with the $$ and competition with others.  If you are able to stick to it, you'll see 211

Users who are viewing this thread