What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (18 Viewers)

985 calorie breakfast.  that's impressive.  i'm curious to see your normal input.  casually walking 20 miles and all.
1129 calories if I stir a couple whole eggs into the oatmeal toward the end, as I did last time. I liked it. It gave it a custardy feel. Typically if I have that huge bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, I skip lunch and just have dinner.

Lately, I've usually been having a much quicker (and smaller) breakfast: eggnog made from stirring up two whole raw eggs, a cup of whole milk, (simple syrup made from) 2.5 tablespoons of honey, and generous amounts of cinnamon and nutmeg, for a total of 485 calories. To do it up right, I should separate the eggs and whip the whites separately, but I don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
6/2 update :  over 12 K steps, under calorie goal, 50 push ups, no alcohol (all goals met!)  Plus I added sun salutation because my hips and lower back were thight

6/3 update early (today!): over 10K steps, on pace for calorie goal, 50 push ups, sun salutation this AM.  However, my wife said we are going to the neighbors patio for drinks tonight - who am I to argue with that?  Note:  overall calorie goal for the day in jeopardy :lol:  

i spent the day fishing in a stream so i waded and hiked for about 4 hours thats like more than 200 minutes so i did it and also despite putting half a tube of suntan lotion on i am burned and look like a crispy lobster who would call you brohan because thats the type of lobster that he is take that to the bank bromigos  

It’s been over 100 degrees here the last few days so. I discovered this vegan thing called Nice Cream.  Basically blend a frozen banana with other ingredients to create “ice cream”. I just made some tonight using equal parts frozen banana and equal parts frozen mango. Comes out like soft serve ice cream. I have made strawberry, chocolate peanut butter, mango and pistachio. It’s low calorie, tastes really good, and is surprisingly filling. 

Greetings everyone, I missed a day on Tue or Wed, I did paint my kitchen but I will not allow that to count as exercise so I get to start over. 

-Being honest, haven't done a good job of logging food last few days, fav pizza/pub re-opened and I wanted to have a couple draft beers and a decent pie. 

-Have done a good job of getting my house refigured as Office/Home, she had me paint the kitchen Banana Yellow, it's gorgeous!

-Will update and jump into June over the weekend.

On a personal note, I look fantastic and I deserve to keep treating myself well by eating right and being on point with my exercise. I haven't been eating enough fruits and vegetables the last few days. I have been doing about 45-60 minutes of walking on these other softer days this week. It's not a total loss but I want to nip it in the butt quick and get rolling, I'm way behind the exercise pace of the last two months. 

My new Asics arrived, I will be trying to start a walk/run combo soon as Fred laid out and we'll see what happens 😉

So is that your WW points? 

I'm going to try and join some of you on the walk/run. 
I am allowed 34 points on WW, but I am self limiting to 30.  Points are calculate by giving 8 points for male, 23 point for weighing 230, 1 point for age over 50.

I have been walking a lot more recently which is why I added the 15,000 step daily goal (which does include my runs).

This is a good article. I tried to read it a couple days ago on my phone while walking.

Reading on a phone while walking is hard. I don't know why it's so much easier on a Kindle, but there's a huge difference. It's probably because I've set the font size on my Kindle so large. That makes it easy to glance at the text, glance away, and glance back at the text again without losing my place. I found myself naturally looking away from the phone less often, so I didn't have the same easy awareness of my surroundings.

Wed: 90+ Minutes walking, about 5 miles. 

Thursday: 60 Min walk, usual 3 miles. 

Today: I just got back form my first combo Walk/Run, it was in the Noon hour in June in South Florida, I should have my head examined. I kept my running to only when I was under shade or big oaks, then tried to keep the walking sections at a faster than usual pace. I did close to 3 miles in about 45 minutes, that would normally be a 60 min walk for me. When I factor in speed and whatnot I actually come close to about 350 calories in 45 minutes and I was drenched, felt like it was a lot more I burned, if so all the better. 

Ok I'm in for June. 👍

Did I mention the banana yellow kitchen? We're discussing a soft violet now for the living room/dining room-Office with a deep blue splash wall. 

I just got a set of Klipsch RP6000s hooked up last night, everything is better today. 

Finding it hard to be on a program. Still apprehensive about getting back on the Peleton and having wine most nights. I am walking a lot though. 2 long walks with my dog each day and I’m walking 6-7 miles a round playing golf. So staying in decent shape, not gaining and I’m OK with that. Also doing more yoga
You need to work on that slice, Judge.  

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
so its friday and i have order out pizza once a month so i did that but i did my 200 minutes of workout between walking biking and squats knee raises leg raises planks and push ups so i came in net negative on the day and that my fine feathered brohans is ok by this old boy take that to the bank brochachos 

so its friday and i have order out pizza once a month so i did that but i did my 200 minutes of workout between walking biking and squats knee raises leg raises planks and push ups so i came in net negative on the day and that my fine feathered brohans is ok by this old boy take that to the bank brochachos 
I hope you enjoyed your pizza Herschel Walker.  You earned it.

• Laughing
Did you guys know that I can push a button at home and be back home with a hot pizza in 13 minutes? Until Tuesday, I didn't either.  :oldunsure:

• Laughing
The scale says I gained 1.6 pounds this week, which makes perfect sense, considering the entire pizza I ate and a couple of other unauthorized food choices. Back at it next week.
Right there with you, I went up a lb or two this week but I thought I did way more damage all that beer and pizza I gobbled this week. 

Day 5 we'll say. 

Yesterday- 1Hr Tennis-Rained out after, Did a nice 60 Min Walk/Run in the evening. 

Today we went to the beach and did a 75 min trek up and down the sand. I might add another run/walk later tonight weather permitting...man is it HUMID. 

450 Minutes Total 7 days into June, plenty of time to carve off some more fat. 

Would like to get under 185 by June 30th, we'll see if that happens. 

6/6

28/30 points (pretty bad since I had 0 at 5:00pm)
4.5 miles run

25k steps

6/7 

28/30 points

no run (planned rest day)

15k steps

Doing fine on exercise, but I need to focus on diet again starting tomorrow or I will never break 230. 

Well, the most I've done was around 30, so I'm reaching here.  I have a lot more determination than physical ability.  Luckily I don't sleep so could utilize all the hours in the day if need be.  :)  
Just noticed this (sorry, haven't checked in here for a while).

I actually did a 100 hole golf challenge for a charity a couple years ago. Ended up finishing 109 holes of golf in a day, all walking. We started around 5am and finished at 9pm. It ended up being 36.5 miles and something like 77,000 steps.  It certainly was tiring, but definitely doable by anyone with at least a minimal level of fitness.

50 miles would require some brisk walking but I'd definitely invest in Body Glide before starting. And a very good pair of shoes.

Haven't updated in 4 days because there has been a bad combination of work being a pain-in-the-###, raining all day for the last 4 days on the west coast of FL, and a general DGAF attitude towards fitness/eating well.  Not counting calories, not getting steps, not doing much of anything resembling a routine.

Only goal I met these 4 days was 50 push ups each day.  Not great that I only met 1 of 5 goals but it's better that 0 of 5.

Tomorrow will be better.

It’s been over 100 degrees here the last few days so. I discovered this vegan thing called Nice Cream.  Basically blend a frozen banana with other ingredients to create “ice cream”. I just made some tonight using equal parts frozen banana and equal parts frozen mango. Comes out like soft serve ice cream. I have made strawberry, chocolate peanut butter, mango and pistachio. It’s low calorie, tastes really good, and is surprisingly filling. 
We have a Yonana machine that we pull out a few times a year to make "ice cream" whenever we have extra bananas that are about to get too ripe.

Back down to 3.1 mph this morning  :lmao:

It felt less comfortable and slower, which I was expecting. But I didn't strain anything, so we're good to go at least three weeks or until I speed back up again.

• Smile
Consumed 15 points 
Ran 3 miles

15,000 steps

I hit my goals but the run was hard yesterday. It was just too hot / humid. 

Thanks for everyone continuing to post in this thread. It really helps me stay motivate to see others interested in getting healthy. 

Start of quarantine: ~233. Height of stress mid-quarantine: 227. Current: 240. All time high: ~260. Goal: 225. 

Yo @Otis should we care and like get less fat or nah? I do think the pool is opening around these parts soon (today?) so I have some* motivation. 

*not that much let's not kid ourselves
By the time you look good for summer, it will be Winter.   I say wait until Jan 2021 to start your cut and work on bulking up now.  

Start of quarantine: ~233. Height of stress mid-quarantine: 227. Current: 240. All time high: ~260. Goal: 225. 

Yo @Otis should we care and like get less fat or nah? I do think the pool is opening around these parts soon (today?) so I have some* motivation. 

*not that much let's not kid ourselves
@eaganwildcats I agree.  We went and made a massive mistake and got a puppy, so my early mornings have now been consumed with dealing with the dog.  Pain in the neck.  It's made it impossible for me to row in the mornings.  And I just haven't worked in another spot in my day to do it.  I may have to start scheduling 60-90 min blocks in the middle of the day each day to go downstairs and row and get a shower.  Because yeah, I'm hefty. 

*On the bright side for me, I actually weighed in a week or two ago still in the 220s.  Which is incredible for me as a starting point after going off the rails.  I really just need to lose 20lbs.  Which for anyone else would be easy.  Not for old Oat dawg. 

Users who are viewing this thread