What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (7 Viewers)

Rest day yesterday. 90 minutes today between rowing running and walking.  Up to 12 hours 10 minutes through 13 days, will try to catch up some more over the weekend. 
Only did 30 and 45 minutes this weekend. Tonight I did a solid

35 minute row 

15 minutes running 7mph

35 minutes walking

Trying to improve my rowing form, I guess I'm supposed to consciously engage my scapula/squeeze my shoulder blades together each time I pull which is definitely more difficult. I guess I've been using my arms legs and core more than my back. Maybe I just over exaggerated it this time but I might need to dial back on the time if I'm going to really use my back like this. I do feel like I was using my muscles and between that and a decent run I feel good tonight but I'll feel it tomorrow. 

20 minutes yoga

20 minutes rowing

30 minutes walking

16 hours total this month

Sore from my longer row yesterday now that I'm engaging my scapula. Not back pain or stiffness, just sore muscles. Yoga helped. 

I have a yoga mat, television,  dip bar and dumbells in the room where i work.  When i need to get up and stretch, I try to do a set of 50 pushups, or some dips, or hanging from the dip bar and doing pull ups, or some curls. If I have a free half hour block, some yoga. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm doing all of these things every day (or where I'm following a structured body weight workout plan), but a little here and there will make a big difference long term. 

20 minutes yoga

20 minutes rowing

30 minutes walking

Sore from my longer row yesterday now that I'm engaging my scapula. Not back pain or stiffness, just sore muscles. Yoga helped. 

I have a yoga mat, television,  dip bar and dumbells in the room where i work.  When i need to get up and stretch, I try to do a set of 50 pushups, or some dips, or hanging from the dip bar and doing pull ups, or some curls. If I have a free half hour block, some yoga. I haven't gotten to the point where I'm doing all of these things every day (or where I'm following a structured body weight workout plan), but a little here and there will make a big difference long term. 
I love the mini breaks for mini workouts. 

15 Minutes Walking (break everyday)

20 Minutes HIIT Spin

10 Minutes 150 Kettlebell Swings

25 Minutes Yoga with Adriene

The last three were back to back and I was crushed  by the end. I feel great though. Even after that half a giant bag of kettlecorn last night.  :whistle:

I broke through a plateau a few weeks ago and things are dropping about 1-2 lbs a week now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm almost ashamed to share/post this but I almost put a guy in the hospital on the Tennis Court tonight, weekly city league and I hit a rocket forehand right on the button, I assumed it was a winner when it landed but the guy on the other side of the court made an ill advised stab at the ball and ended up doing a cart roll right into the fence and it looked painful, I thought he might have broke something and the staff from the clubhouse called the Paramedics and they came on the Court, as other players were coming over to see what the fuss was about. 

I threw my racket down immediately and walked away from the situation, there were already 3 guys running to him, I was shaken up watching it and thinking why did I have to hit it so hard and put him into the fence? I had a friend/doubles partner come over and tell me to just shake it off and it's just part of the game but that didn't make me feel a lot better at the moment. 

They did not transport him to the hospital, in the end we feel like he popped his hammy and maybe he just stretched it too far, but I drove him home and carried him into his living room, his wife didn't know we were coming and so I had to explain to her how he injured himself trying to get to a ball and she asked who hit the shot?...I poured us both a scotch on the rocks, and drank to Otis.

90 Minutes Tennis,

210 Minutes in the last few days, need some real bike/run combos next couple days. 

Confession: It's late and I just stuck my head in the fridge and rolled me up some sweet slice ham and pepperoni together and just starting eating meat, no bread, no mustard or some respectable condiment to justify my total disregard for honoring my nightly fasting after 8pm but sometimes exceptions must be made.  

Cheers from South Florida

James Daulton said:
Had major surgery a month ago.  In the hospital 11 nights.  Haven’t had booze, caffeine, or soda for just over a month.

I’m down 35lbs so far.  I can lose another 25 before it gets to be too much.

I don’t recommend this weight loss technique but I look amazing with clothes on.  I forgot I had cheekbones. 
Definitely don't want to use surgery as a launch point for weight loss but it's good to find the silver lining. This pandemic we are all in, the silver lining for me and others has been a renewal on our health and making it a priority for the 2nd half of my life. While others are slowing down and almost getting into a fetal like position towards their health and wellness, WE in here are making a conscious effort to make some real changes or reinforce things we did to maintain. 

I've lost weight many times and gained it back but I was vocal this time about not going back the other direction. I lost 45 lbs from about April and most of that was off by Aug/Sept, I have been amazed I could keep it off thru NFL season. There was a run of the Miami Heat, TB Lightning, TB Rays, I root for almost all the Miami and Tampa Bay teams, every night I was going thru beer and snacks, that's calmed down last few weeks. 

JD, I really hope whatever surgery you had that it doesn't impede your ability to move around or once recovered I hope you are as good as new. 2020 has been quite a journey for a lot of us. I stopped feeling sorry for myself quickly but I've seen a lot of people just sink thru this pandemic. When I post in here, I want to try and inspire folks, I understand it's an "Otis" thread and so we poke fun at ourselves and each other a lot. It's hard for me to sometimes convey just how much my life has changed this year. 

The only exercise I would even recommend would be some casual neighborhood walks, get some wireless earbuds and connect them to your phone, whatever you enjoy listening to and zone out from the World. 

Here's to a speedy recovery!

20 minutes yoga

20 minutes rowing

30 minutes walking

It's the same idea as when you buy a bag of potato chips and bring em in the house...eventually they are going in your tummy.

By setting the room up where you work with yoga mat, dumbells etc...you're more likely to engage and use it. I am a big fan of short work breaks every hour or two even when I get dialed in to my work. It's good to clear your head for a few minutes and allow yourself to think outside the box for a bit. 

I'm almost ashamed to share/post this but I almost put a guy in the hospital on the Tennis Court tonight, weekly city league and I hit a rocket forehand right on the button, I assumed it was a winner when it landed but the guy on the other side of the court made an ill advised stab at the ball and ended up doing a cart roll right into the fence and it looked painful, I thought he might have broke something and the staff from the clubhouse called the Paramedics and they came on the Court, as other players were coming over to see what the fuss was about. 

I threw my racket down immediately and walked away from the situation, there were already 3 guys running to him, I was shaken up watching it and thinking why did I have to hit it so hard and put him into the fence? I had a friend/doubles partner come over and tell me to just shake it off and it's just part of the game but that didn't make me feel a lot better at the moment. 

They did not transport him to the hospital, in the end we feel like he popped his hammy and maybe he just stretched it too far, but I drove him home and carried him into his living room, his wife didn't know we were coming and so I had to explain to her how he injured himself trying to get to a ball and she asked who hit the shot?...I poured us both a scotch on the rocks, and drank to Otis.

90 Minutes Tennis,

210 Minutes in the last few days, need some real bike/run combos next couple days. 

Confession: It's late and I just stuck my head in the fridge and rolled me up some sweet slice ham and pepperoni together and just starting eating meat, no bread, no mustard or some respectable condiment to justify my total disregard for honoring my nightly fasting after 8pm but sometimes exceptions must be made.  

Cheers from South Florida
That sucks for the guy but I wouldn't feel terrible about it as everyone knows injuries can happen when playing sports. This is a city league, not some casual meet and greet Thursday morning thing. Maybe check up on him in a few days and see if he has everything in order for recovery.  That's all you can do. It's not like you where deliberating trying to harm the person.

I've put plenty of people into the side fence and felt not one iota of remorse. We're keeping score. If you do it in the warmup, you're a jerk, but in a match any shot I can land in your court is your problem. :ninja:

brohans i am sorry for not checking in more i am staying in my same weight range basically just eating right and doing my kevzilla walks normally twice a day the big thing is i am avoiding snacks and finding hobbies to do at night so i stay brain occupied and dont just want to eat and also i have not been drinking basically at all which i suppose makes for a less fun swcer around here but it keeps me living so bam doing well good to see you cats and thanks for keeping on it and keeping me motivated take that to the bank brochachos 

I've struggled for a long time with weight.  I'm about 5'11 and have been in the 210-230 range for basically 20 years.  A few times I've gotten around 205, and one time I broke 200 for a couple days.

Covid, boredom, laziness and snacks got me to about 230, but the first measurement I made I was 225. I'm pretty sure I was around 230 at one point, but anyway...

I am down under 200 and at least for myself, I found the hack and figured I'd share.

For me the biggest issue (as it is with most people that weigh a lot) is that I love food. While I've read Gary Taubes and keto books, and I agree with the premise of no sugar and limited carbs, let's face it...for most people it requires a supreme act of willpower to even make it to 30 days.  

Same thing with any diet.  Far too restrictive, historically.

For me the key has been walking.  That's it.  I try to keep my calories around 1800-2000, and I walk as much as I can.  When I started I was thinking "let's go for 10k, that's a great goal".  Then I kicked it up a notch and started going to 15k and then even 20k steps a day.

Weight very consistently came off.  It's been quite easy.  I've had a lot of cheat meals over the past 3-4 months.  The weight hasn't come flying off, by any means.  I wasn't losing 2-3 pounds a week, more like 1-1.5.  Much of that is due to me basically taking 1.5 days on the weekend off.  I tried not to binge, but just enjoyed myself.

Such a small thing, such an easy thing, but walk more.  A lot more.  Try to keep your calories just under your maintenance, not starving yourself.  Let your walking burn off 500-1000 caloreis a day. You'll consistently lose weight and if you hate exercise, the constant walking will eventually awaken a desire to run and do more things.

I've struggled for a long time with weight.  I'm about 5'11 and have been in the 210-230 range for basically 20 years.  A few times I've gotten around 205, and one time I broke 200 for a couple days.

Covid, boredom, laziness and snacks got me to about 230, but the first measurement I made I was 225. I'm pretty sure I was around 230 at one point, but anyway...

I am down under 200 and at least for myself, I found the hack and figured I'd share.

For me the biggest issue (as it is with most people that weigh a lot) is that I love food. While I've read Gary Taubes and keto books, and I agree with the premise of no sugar and limited carbs, let's face it...for most people it requires a supreme act of willpower to even make it to 30 days.  

Same thing with any diet.  Far too restrictive, historically.

For me the key has been walking.  That's it.  I try to keep my calories around 1800-2000, and I walk as much as I can.  When I started I was thinking "let's go for 10k, that's a great goal".  Then I kicked it up a notch and started going to 15k and then even 20k steps a day.

Weight very consistently came off.  It's been quite easy.  I've had a lot of cheat meals over the past 3-4 months.  The weight hasn't come flying off, by any means.  I wasn't losing 2-3 pounds a week, more like 1-1.5.  Much of that is due to me basically taking 1.5 days on the weekend off.  I tried not to binge, but just enjoyed myself.

Such a small thing, such an easy thing, but walk more.  A lot more.  Try to keep your calories just under your maintenance, not starving yourself.  Let your walking burn off 500-1000 caloreis a day. You'll consistently lose weight and if you hate exercise, the constant walking will eventually awaken a desire to run and do more things.
Went tonight with the Mrs, she got my lazy butt up off the couch around 4 before it got too dark, sunset is early now. 3 miles, 60 Min, and while I mainly did it for her, I found myself to get a lot of benefit from it and also a good chance for us to talk uninterrupted no electronics for an hour, was wonderful. 

7/7 no booze

bday  

6/9 no booze. 

330/720 minutes 

13/16 pushups

6/8 yoga

3/4 legs

------------------------------------

change in program!  headed to the mountains tomorrow, 3 days early.   :pickle:   they got 6"+ of snow today   :pickle:    will do 3-5 hours of skiing, every day, for the next 9 days.  drinking will happen. :banned:   i will do my best to work in the push ups.  and mayyyyybe, some stretchy, chill yoga.

it's funny. we are trying to bring everything with us, food included, so that we can socially distance, other than being on the hill.  i'm bringing the camping stove, so we can cook in the parking lot.   :lmao:   really looking forward to bacon in the morning, in the snow.  most excellent.

Ran 4 miles in 28:22, and finished the 7 miles in 52:29. Slow progress every week, but really need to slow down on the snacks. Will be under 28 soon, hopefully under 50 in the not too distant future. 
Oh wow, I can remember trying to get 3 miles done in under 36 minutes...tremendous shape you must be in. 

Going on about 2 years now I started returning to Tennis, I have a funny story and it will help land the plane on some of the things I have been posting in sharing in here. 

-The first night I went to play in what is called an Adult Clinic, 8-12 on a Court and you hit balls with instruction for around 60-90 minutes, good way to meet people and you just work on shots and drills, no actual Sets or Serves usually. They pulled me from the clinic and pushed me on to a Court to Sub for a no show in the Doubles League I now play in weekly...but that night I hadn't picked up a racket in ages and I was pushing 250+ lbs. I vividly remember getting torn apart 6-0 6-0 and vowing that one day I would show these 2 on the other side of the net that I could play...how was a mystery but it pushed me to want to drop some weight and I did and got down to 220 and my game picked up yada yada yada...

-Fast Forward to tonight, my doubles partner from that 1st night 2 yrs ago who I apologized to for being so stinky(he's a kind man), he is joining us this evening in my 8 man Round Robin Doubles I put together on Thursdays with personalities I enjoy playing with...the 2 who buried me that 1st night are mainstays in this League I've put together and we've gotten to be good friends and they love being paired WITH me now, after the Covid break when the Courts were shut down over the summer and we came back, I'm now 179 as of today, I haven't posted my weight in a while, I don't like to flaunt it because what is working for me might not be for everyone and I know if I get cocky I will potentially lose what I have worked hard to gain.  

-I've asked for a rematch tonight with these same 3 players, I just want to have fun and plan on being a gentleman the whole way. 

My next posts are going to likely revolve around intermittent fasting and the new term I am starting to see more and more of is "Autophagy" and that is when cells in your body "renew" and it involves going a decent amount of time fasting but there's ways to easily trick the system so you don't really ever feel hungry and you start feeling a lot better when you go stretches where your body is not working to digest all this food you are eating. Example...you stop eating at 4-5pm on Tuesday Night and go all the way until about the supper time the next night on Wed, so you eat again around 4-5 the next day and it's not as hard as you might think and if you happen to be working at home right now, you can create a controlled environment and put your focus into it...now see what I did there, I started rambling and also I am making assumptions that people can just copy what I am posting here and that's not realistic. 

2.5 hours of Tennis tonight, cheers!

Nobody in here for almost 48 hours? Rut-roh.

The scale says I gained 2.2 pounds this week, which I don't believe any more than the 3.2 it said I lost last week. I think I lost half a pound each week, and as long as the long-term trend is down, steady as she goes.
This is what happens without our fearless leader, I suppose. 

For my part I am in receipt of the new fancy peloton and have rode 3x so far. After two months of work being super slow it arrived just in time for a wave of nonsense making me nice and busy. Should be sorted now though so this upcoming week should be good. Despite a complete inability to ignore the copious amounts of leftover Halloween candy I’ve  managed to stay around 232 - which works for me. 

I'm still motoring along.  Eating and drinking too much but hoping to offset it with exercise.  I'm doing daily yoga and 4-5 miles of fast-walking every day.  Tomorrow I'll do 13.1 miles as there's a half marathon thing going on in the 10k thread.  Most everyone is doing it today, but I had some important eating and drinking to do at lunch today so am putting it off until tomorrow.  And of course they're all running it, and I do not run.

Something I've been trying to do differently with my yoga this month is to focus on the mental aspect, not just hitting the shapes.  As bfred knows, I hate the breathing/setting intention parts and used to skip over some of the beginnings and ends if they just entailed sitting or lying around for a while.  The November 2020 Yoga with Adriene calendar is called "Ground," and the practices are much more focused on feeling grounded to the Earth than on killing you physically (except yesterday's "deep core" - I'm sore!).  So I decided to jump into this different sort of practice and commit to it.  And I wanted to recommend one practice to anyone who, like me, usually hates the "slow" parts.  This is a 17-minute practice that is all meditation, and...wait for it...I loved it.  Somehow I was able to get into this one and really felt it helping me.  The end where you are mentally moving from the crown of your head all the way into the core of the Earth felt so good.  Thought I'd pass it along for anyone who might be open to something like that.

The scale says I gained 2.2 pounds this week, which I don't believe any more than the 3.2 it said I lost last week. I think I lost half a pound each week, and as long as the long-term trend is down, steady as she goes.
Did my rowing the last few nights and about to go row tonight but my kid earned a big reward for doing awesome in school this week and pikced pizza hut take out and well rut roh isn't totally inaccurate. 

Something I've been trying to do differently with my yoga this month is to focus on the mental aspect, not just hitting the shapes.  As bfred knows, I hate the breathing/setting intention parts and used to skip over some of the beginnings and ends if they just entailed sitting or lying around for a while.  The November 2020 Yoga with Adriene calendar is called "Ground," and the practices are much more focused on feeling grounded to the Earth than on killing you physically (except yesterday's "deep core" - I'm sore!).  So I decided to jump into this different sort of practice and commit to it.  And I wanted to recommend one practice to anyone who, like me, usually hates the "slow" parts.  This is a 17-minute practice that is all meditation, and...wait for it...I loved it.  Somehow I was able to get into this one and really felt it helping me.  The end where you are mentally moving from the crown of your head all the way into the core of the Earth felt so good.  Thought I'd pass it along for anyone who might be open to something like that.
this makes me really happy to hear

20 minutes yoga

20 minutes rowing

30 minutes walking

Just did 30 minutes on the rower and an 8 minute mile on the treadmill which is really good for me - not a record, but close. A couple other 30 minute sessions and some walking and I'm at 18 hours for the month. Which means I'm now 3 hours behind with 9 days to go, and one of them is Thanksgiving... need a big day tomorrow to get back on track... 

22 days of November in the books.  22 hours and 20 minutes of exercise complete.  Finished the weekend off with 40 minutes on the bike (30 minutes outside on the real bike and 10 minutes balls to the wall on the exercise bike).  Thanksgiving week is generally slow in the office so I should be able to get in a good week of exercise.  Have hit my calorie and exercise goal every day this month with the exception of one day.  

Just did 30 minutes on the rower and an 8 minute mile on the treadmill which is really good for me - not a record, but close. A couple other 30 minute sessions and some walking and I'm at 18 hours for the month. Which means I'm now 3 hours behind with 9 days to go, and one of them is Thanksgiving... need a big day tomorrow to get back on track... 
30 minutes rowing, 75 minutes outside walk and on the treadmill 

Did some strength stuff but not counting those, 

19:45 for the month

Wanted to take a minute and think about it before I posted it up in here but on Friday, my wife's Boss, the President of the Foundation of the hospital where my wife has/is worked for the last 5 years and moved us from Miami up to Palm Beach area, She(wife's boss) was walked to the door and her security badge confiscated. The reasons deserve their own thread and do not belong in here. But what does matter is that Mrs and I decided NOT to go drown our misery in a big bowl of ice cream or pick any SUGAR SWEET or super calorie meal from pick a spot...we decided also not to get drunk, not to do anything that would cause any physical harm to us...why should we? Our bodies didn't do anything wrong so why mess em up? 

I had a man I play Tennis with say to me "MOP, you've grown so much" and the reason said that is I let a horrendous out of bounds call and also a huge misspeak on what the score was, I just let them go and let the guy on the other side of the net have his way and went on the next game rather than argue about it...it's just not worth getting upset. 

And the point to this is sometimes you can dismantle a potential explosion before it ever has a chance to go off. When I calm I don't eat and drink as often like some would take drugs or alcohol to numb things. 

I don't know what the future holds right now, I'm trying to be strong. People are leaning on me and pushing me to go with what is working. I have always been an office guy but after you all helped me get all this weight off I realize I can do things others will not because they can't. I don't particularly like any form of manual labor and I include waiters and waitresses and all sort of verticals where folks are either on their feet or working with their hands, I've always been more of a paper pusher if you will. Even in nightclubs I was mostly booking entertainment and advertising so that's kind of like being on your feet but not really. 

Bottom Line: I'm just trying to go with the flow and it's hard to let go for me, I tend to be a control freak which won't be a shocker  :lmao:   

7-8 Hours of Tennis in the last week, 2 walks but no cycling or hard running of late. 

Cheers Everyone! 

Got sucked into a weekend vortex of surrealism. 

BF is the real leader in here btw, (clears throat) 

I'm still motoring along.  Eating and drinking too much but hoping to offset it with exercise.  I'm doing daily yoga and 4-5 miles of fast-walking every day.  Tomorrow I'll do 13.1 miles as there's a half marathon thing going on in the 10k thread.  Most everyone is doing it today, but I had some important eating and drinking to do at lunch today so am putting it off until tomorrow.  And of course they're all running it, and I do not run.

-Daily Yoga and 4-5 miles of fast walking is a ton more than almost any adult I know so 1st of all, mucho tip of the hat from me. Then I am reading half marathon and suddenly I need a glass of water because I'm feeling thirsty. 

-I like that you don't run, honestly I thought you did run long distances but that means I'm not too far off here. I walk a lot of miles especially with my Mrs but I have a hard time running. I can run don't get me wrong but if I do it a couple times in a row, my knees and other parts of my body...I'll just say it, I'm in pain. I don't get that same pain from cycling or Tennis. 

-I will click on the link, I didn't even see it until I re-read your post a 2nd go though and I'm glad I did. 

-I bolded two words I think are really important for a lot of folks trying to battle weight. It goes beyond sugar and eating the right foods, emotions play such a role in peoples ability to manage food. My hardest days battling are when I am emotional and can't control my feelings. That's when I turn to food and I'm not afraid to share or admit it. Lately it's not happening as often but I identify strongly with emotional eaters. 

great post Krista, thanks!

60 Minutes this morning 3 miles, just a simple walk around the neighborhood, nice weather right now. 

I figure I have about 750 minutes logged for the month on the Courts,  I'd like to see what I can rack up over Thanksgiving week as we are not eating like we have in previous holidays. 

I might reset the odometer on Thanksgiving and just run a monthly total from Thanks thru Christmas and see what I can accumulate. 

Masks are mandatory while working out now, which was rough this morning.  I had a cloth mask, which I was basically eating with every breath once it was drenched in sweat.  Will buy a pile of the cheap paper(?) masks and hopefully they'll be better for running, cause cloth sucks.

Looks like my speed goals will be put on hold for a while. 

30 minutes rowing, 75 minutes outside walk and on the treadmill 

Did some strength stuff but not counting those, 

19:45 for the month
30 yesterday 30 today with a little warm up rowing and a fast mile run but my kid has been clinging to me and that's going to take priority right now.  Will have some more time the next few days so I'm hoping I can catch up with some yoga and long walks outside and some better rower/treadmill time. 

20:45

Masks are mandatory while working out now, which was rough this morning.  I had a cloth mask, which I was basically eating with every breath once it was drenched in sweat.  Will buy a pile of the cheap paper(?) masks and hopefully they'll be better for running, cause cloth sucks.

I feel bad for those that use gyms a lot for their workouts, it's gotta be tough right now. I saw a house down the block, garage open, benches were laid out, 3-4 guys outside lifting weights and other types of workout equipment beyond just weights. All outside, looked pretty cool the way they set it up. 

3 hours of gnar shredding today.  I love to ski.  More than anything other form of exercise. It’s F’ing magical. 10K feet gets the heart rate up. :lmao:   

masks are mandatory. Which I don’t mind,  I’ve  gotten used to them at work.  In the morning, when it’s cold, I have a baklava. And once it warms up, i wear the cheapo surgical mask. Pro tip:  put it on, and never touch it again. You’ll get used to it. I have to wear them at work. Often for 8 + hours straight. :shrug:

Mask is a definite restriction. Will have to reduce my speed, because I can’t maintain with it on. Will ask gym if I can stay longer. Place is way under occupancy, so would love to add a few slower miles.

30 yesterday 30 today with a little warm up rowing and a fast mile run but my kid has been clinging to me and that's going to take priority right now.  Will have some more time the next few days so I'm hoping I can catch up with some yoga and long walks outside and some better rower/treadmill time. 

20:45
55 minute yoga, 30 minute row, 20 minute treadmill

Really like mixing up the exercise time like this. I am definitely the strongest I've ever been, I'm not killing my knees with running but still improving my 5k time.  And yoga is awesome. 

I will admit i regretted yoga once, and i do really regret that once.  My knee has been a little ####ed up for months afterwards - it was the one where she was outside and had us do jumping jacks and side to side knee bendy things and I overexerted and still feel it in my left knee some days.  I tried to do too much and I didn't pay attention to my limits.  Welcome to mid life.

But the benefits of yoga  have been real and noticeable. I'm not only more flexible, I am stronger in muscles I didn't work out before. I'm still learning which parts of my body I need to improve. I started the hundredpushups.com thing after doing yoga pushups. My core is definitely stronger because of yoga and that led me to more rowing and more core and now the things I did in yoga that made my core ache are just normal and I can do the extra time or extra modifications. I still get a good sweat, like today with the Shakti power flow which did a lot of lunges and twists and vinyasas.  I might do another tomorrow before turkey and football and wine. 

Long story short - 1:45 today, plus 20:45 this month, puts me at 22:30 after 25 days and I need to average 90 minutes a day the last 5 days of the month.  

Really enjoyed Yoga with Adriene - yoga for weight loss - balance flow  today. 55 minutes, good mix of poses.  I did her Shakti power flow yesterday and this one has a lot of the same poses but heavier on the balance poses and not as much of the squats. Got a little sweat going. 

Was going to do a longer row tonight to burn off some turkey and pie but I onoy got in 15 minutes before my kid decided that it was very important to play right now and started climbing onto the rower with me. 

70 minutes on Thanksgiving day isn't bad though. And weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow so hopefully a long family walk is on deck. 

Anyone up for redoing the 30 days of yoga with Adrienne?  My TO kinda derailed my motivation.  I’ve been biking a lot, but realizing I need a lot more core and upper body

Users who are viewing this thread