What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix Original: Stranger Things (1 Viewer)

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

When Max’s leg fractured, that was one of the bigger gut punch moments I’ve experienced in a while. Because there was no way I thought it was going to happen. 
I was kinda happy (this sounds bad) that they had the balls to hurt one of the kids. 

Such a great show.  I want to go back and rewatch s1-3 now.  I loved season 1 but 3 kind of wore me out.  This one sucked me right back in. 

Anyone have thoughts on whats going to happen with Will?  That scene from the last episode where the Kid Vecna was drawing the smoke monster seemed to call back to early seasons where Will was doing the same thing.  

Such a great show.  I want to go back and rewatch s1-3 now.  I loved season 1 but 3 kind of wore me out.  This one sucked me right back in. 

Anyone have thoughts on whats going to happen with Will?  That scene from the last episode where the Kid Vecna was drawing the smoke monster seemed to call back to early seasons where Will was doing the same thing.  
he will apparently be a major focus in season 5 according to the Duffer brothers...

Matt: "Will's going to be a big part and focus, is really all I can say of Season 5, in his journey. We're starting to see his coming of age, really. Which has been challenging for a number of reasons, some of which are supernatural. But you're starting to see him come into his own."

Ross: "[It's] setting up us coming full circle back to Season 1. I think you'll see that with a couple of the character arcs, not just with Will. But also with Steve and Nancy, and her relationship with Jonathan where things are not fully resolved. The characters have maybe made steps, like in the case of Will, but that journey isn't over yet. All of that is going to play a huge role as we try to wrap this thing up next season."
https://screenrant.com/stranger-things-season-5-will-byers-story-response/

He seemed to be staring longingly at Mike a few times so not sure if that's just a friendship thing or if that's going to develop further.  :NTTAWWT:

He seemed to be staring longingly at Mike a few times so not sure if that's just a friendship thing or if that's going to develop further.  :NTTAWWT:
Saying that the drawing was “commissioned by El” was a way to mask the truth, which is that he drew it to represent his feelings about Mike. The subsequent “I feel like I’m a mistake” line and the tears that came with it were pretty telling. Also the cuts to Jonathan’s reactions.

Hes 100% gay and in love with Mike

Saying that the drawing was “commissioned by El” was a way to mask the truth, which is that he drew it to represent his feelings about Mike. The subsequent “I feel like I’m a mistake” line and the tears that came with it were pretty telling. Also the cuts to Jonathan’s reactions.
Yep.  Pretty much removed the doubt here at the end of season 4.  People have been buzzing about his sexuality since season 3.

https://screenrant.com/will-byers-gay-in-stranger-things-confirmed-yes/

Hes 100% gay and in love with Mike

Yep.  Pretty much removed the doubt here at the end of season 4.  People have been buzzing about his sexuality since season 3.

https://screenrant.com/will-byers-gay-in-stranger-things-confirmed-yes/

I agree.  I think it would almost be more powerful without some huge coming out scene, especially if they want to actually reflect the 80's.

At the same time, it would/will be even MORE powerful when he takes his place as the smoke monster due to his anger over unrequited love for Mike. (tongue firmly in cheek here)

Hell, even the cast is saying they need to kill some characters.  They killed Hopper and then brought him back.  It's like the anti-GOT.
Mitch Hedberg theory: "If 13 is an unlucky number then so should the letter B be. Because it looks like a scrunched together 13. "Whats your name?" "Bob" "Get the **** away!""

Stranger Things deaths: Barb, Bob, Billy...

I agree.  I think it would almost be more powerful without some huge coming out scene, especially if they want to actually reflect the 80's.

At the same time, it would/will be even MORE powerful when he takes his place as the smoke monster due to his anger over unrequited love for Mike. (tongue firmly in cheek here)

My wife says that Will is just normal/hetero.  Misses his buddy.  I love her, and admire her neophyte-ism. 

Theres no way it’s permanent. What possible reason is there to have this be her ultimate fate instead of just killing her off? 

It would also cheapen that amazing episode where she originally fought of Vecna. 
She'll be back, either 11 swaps with her as someone suggested upthread or she is alive in the upside down and helps the team fight there.

My wife says that Will is just normal/hetero.  Misses his buddy.  I love her, and admire her neophyte-ism. 
With all due respect to Mrs. cook, she is entirely wrong about this one. 

Theres no way it’s permanent. What possible reason is there to have this be her ultimate fate instead of just killing her off? 

It would also cheapen that amazing episode where she originally fought of Vecna. 
To create an empty vessel that can be filled with something else. That would include her own consciousness. 

Brain dead here just seems to mean her consciousness has been disconnected from the physical world. 

I think we need to think in comic book terms here. Nobody is ever really dead in comics.

She'll be back, either 11 swaps with her as someone suggested upthread or she is alive in the upside down and helps the team fight there.

With all due respect to Mrs. cook, she is entirely wrong about this one. 

She usually is.

Finally caught up, loved the season, the super sized episodes, the not a happy ending, the callbacks and seeds sown from earlier seasons. The Duffers have said they always had things planned out and it definitely shows vs so many other tv shows where the writers just wing it.

Going to be a long time for the final season, but can’t wait to see how they resolve things. Splitting up the season did exactly what many of us have said these past few years, built up the talk, interest, speculation, and anticipation of the next episode, etc. in a way binging a full season just doesn’t do. For example, I’ve heard Running Up That Hill every day on the radio for a month and even on regular pop music stations that never would have played that song.

This show was tailor made for a weekly format, I doubt Netflix goes that far but I fully expect them to go “two volumes” again or something with a break when the final season eventually comes.

Thought it was a really good fun season. For some reason the bizarre Master of Puppets guitar solo really took me out of the finale. I started laughing it was so corny. 
Yeah it was a lot like the Neverending Story interlude in Season 3.  In hindsight I liked both and they are memorable scenes, but in the moment they do kind of mess with the tension a bit.  At least with Master of Puppets it was overlayed with when Max was terrified trying to get away from Vecna in the creepy house.  Very metal.

Yeah it was a lot like the Neverending Story interlude in Season 3.  In hindsight I liked both and they are memorable scenes, but in the moment they do kind of mess with the tension a bit.  At least with Master of Puppets it was overlayed with when Max was terrified trying to get away from Vecna in the creepy house.  Very metal.
Actually my biggest problem with the whole thing was that Master of Puppets came out in March of '86.  This took place in April of '86.  There is no way the guitar tab book was out yet for Eddie to learn that by sight so that was all by ear after a month at most!  And he nailed even the solo!  Damn, Stranger Things killed off an absolute musical savant. :nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually my biggest problem with the whole thing was that Master of Puppets came out in March of '86.  This took place in April of '86.  There is no way the guitar tab book was out yet for Eddie to learn that by sight so that was all by ear after a month at most!  And he nailed even the solo!  Damn, Stranger Things killed off an absolute musical savant. :nerd:
I ❤️ this post. I remember waiting to pick up the latest issue of Guitar for the Practicing Musician so I check out the tab for latest metal hits! (Not that I was ever good enough to learn the solos)

Actually loved both these scenes. 

The looks on the adult's faces while the Neverending Story song was happening was priceless.  I am sure Winona Ryder was laughing so hard which is why she was facing the wall.  The kids all looking like they didn't know what to do with this was great.  

Earlier in the season or episode (we were binging so it all blurs together) my daughter asked what rock song might be used as they built to that. I told her I wasn't sure but some early Metallica might work.  When he started playing we both rocked out.

My daughter and I binged all 4 seasons over the last couple weeks.  She can not understand what is going on with the hair and the clothes. 

I enjoyed it but I am still not sure it makes sense chronologically going from the scene where she knocks Veccna into the upside down to season 1.

Huh?

They're all American except MBB is from Spain and Mike is from Canada. Eddie is the only British one.
MBB was technically born n Spain, but both parents are British and as Joba pointed out they moved back to England when she was 4.

I enjoyed it but I am still not sure it makes sense chronologically going from the scene where she knocks Veccna into the upside down to season 1.
Huh?  She "knocks" 001 into the upside down back in the 70's, prior to the season 1 timeline.  Those scenes were backstory flashbacks basically.

Huh?  She "knocks" 001 into the upside down back in the 70's, prior to the season 1 timeline.  Those scenes were backstory flashbacks basically.
was that the timeline?  She would have been like 2.

pit seemed to me like that event was just before season 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread