What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (11 Viewers)

I wanted pogba sold before Jose imploded.  Not good.  Building block are there for a really good team.  Jose has just lost them

Interesting that Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson are apparently the first choice midfield for big games and that Keita was sat for both PSG and now Chelsea.

Oddsmakers have it Liverpool 38%-35% Chelsea with the draw being 28%.  Chelsea at 15/8 seems like a great bet to me.

Interesting that Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson are apparently the first choice midfield for big games and that Keita was sat for both PSG and now Chelsea.

Oddsmakers have it Liverpool 38%-35% Chelsea with the draw being 28%.  Chelsea at 15/8 seems like a great bet to me.
My gut feeling is a strong lean for an LFC win. Chelsea won’t play for a draw at home, so goals will be scored.  Chelsea doesn’t have a real quality win yet under Sarri*, whereas Liverpool are pretty well established in Kloppo’s game and already have several big wins this season. 

I don’t like missing Pedro, and doubt we’ll have the same VAR crew today that we had on Wednesday. 

* rather lucky win against Arsenal and LFC midweek in a battle of B sides. 

OptaJoe‏Verified account @OptaJoe

FollowingFollowing @OptaJoe

4 - Harry Kane is now the top scorer at the John Smith's Stadium in the Premier League with four goals in two appearances. Homely.
:lol:

That includes Huddersfield players... :oldunsure:

Was getting ready to post that this has been a high-quality game.  But then Liverpool's fullbacks decided to become spectators twice in a couple minutes.  Other than that though... this is about as good as it gets.

Maybe it's the deep-red colored glasses, but feels like Liverpool deserve to be level here.  Lots of shots from good positions and dangerous possession, just no goal.

If Liverpool go down to defeat here, they will certainly be beating themselves up for the chances that have gone by the board in this match.

Zardes-esque touch from FIrmino there. Yuck.

Think Liverpool had the better of that, but can't quite say they deserved to win.  They certainly didn't deserve to lose. (ETA:  13-10 lead in shots, but EGs were 1.8-1.5 for Chelsea)

I'd gladly sign up for that level of performance in every remaining game and let the chips fall where they fall.

Hazard is so good.  No idea why Giroud plays over Morata.  Or why Willian isn't a locked in starter (like the fourth year in a row I've said that).  .

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fun game and I'm really liking Sarri, he seems to be genuinely a great guy. Also knew this Chelsea midfield would do well. They're going to be tougher next time around, hopefully Liverpool take their chances better then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Wednesday and today were fun games - great attacking, end to end, with top notch defending and goalkeeping as well.

Kante is every bit as good as ever, but I still think he's so much more valuable in the role he played last year and last summer for France.  That role is not available for him in Sarri's team, so its something to keep an eye on. 

That role is not available for him in Sarri's team, so its something to keep an eye on. 
Earlier this year, I thought he might leave next summer for exactly this reason.  But, when I watch Chelsea play, they seem like they are enjoying themselves as a team - and that may persuade him to stay.

I think he is growing into his new role, and they still make use of his defensive prowess.

Both Wednesday and today were fun games - great attacking, end to end, with top notch defending and goalkeeping as well.

Kante is every bit as good as ever, but I still think he's so much more valuable in the role he played last year and last summer for France.  That role is not available for him in Sarri's team, so its something to keep an eye on. 
I kind of agree, only partly because I drafted Jorginho thinking he'd be playing Kante's current roll in the team. :lol:

That was a great, great game- with the right outcome.

Some thoughts...

VVD is an absolute monster. Desreved MoM Imo. Completely devoured Giroud and anybody else venturing into the middle. Thought Gomez complemented him really well with pace and strength. Outside backs will always be a strength/weakness with der Klopper. So aggressive getting forward and always leaving them prone in the back.

If Liverpool finish any of the three or four really open chances, different game with chelsea having to chase instead of playing the ball around. Salah was really pressing his shots- weird to see after last year when every one of those would have gone in.

For all of Chelseas possession, it was frustrating to see how often they passed back. Seems like their directive, but felt like lots of chances in the opposing third went stalling with unnecessary back passes that could have been played or held in more dangerous positions.

Jorginho played well, but Kante and Willian both seem out of sorts and wasted out wide.

Love watching giveadamn Hazard.

DC United with 4 goals tonight and inching closer to the playoffs. New stadium is sold out and atmosphere looks great. Pretty exciting for a team that looked down and out just three months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread