What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

Liverpool winning a title? Next you're going to tell me that the grass is blue and the sky is green...

I have been watching behind on DVR but finally finished.

Was that as grim and poorly played as it felt like?  Seemed liked so many bad passes and aimless balls.

I think the early goal for Liverpool killed the game.  They were out passed 2:1 by Spurs -- and that hasn't happened all year.  This might be the only game they had less than 45% possession (35% today).  Up 1-0 they were happy to wait for Spurs to make a mistake or be forced into pushing forward.  Ugly works when you're ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the early goal for Liverpool killed the game.  They were out passed 2:1 by Spurs -- and that hasn't happened all year.  Up 1-0 they were happy to wait for Spurs to make a mistake or be forced into pushing forward.  Ugly works when you're ahead.
I was hoping the early goal would help open things up. But Spurs were so bad on the ball, it didn't matter that things were actually opened up.

I was hoping the early goal would help open things up. But Spurs were so bad on the ball, it didn't matter that things were actually opened up.
Kane was a shell of himself.   But what are you going to do as Spurs?  When one of the best players in the world tells you he is good to go, you have to roll the dice.

Kane was a shell of himself.   But what are you going to do as Spurs?  When one of the best players in the world tells you he is good to go, you have to roll the dice.
They were all bad, tbh, Kane or no. Son finally got it together a bit at the end, but even he lacked the final touch over and over.

I will say, Origi took that goal really well.

The parallels between Kane and Firmino are interesting.  Both back after a time away, both well off the pace and neither with any impact on the game. 

Obviously Spurs aren't the same team with Kane, and Liverpool really miss Firmino when he's out or off -- without a true #10 he's the connective tissue of the team a lot of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was definitely not the best game I’ve seen, oof, but it does not matter!

what does UEFA expect? 3 weeks breK? Suptid!!!

That was definitely not the best game I’ve seen, oof, but it does not matter!

what does UEFA expect? 3 weeks breK? Suptid!!!
That's a great point. They both looked like they hadn't played in ages...and they hadn't.

They'll get less of a summer break given all the world tours than they did for CL final.

Users who are viewing this thread