What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Reporting VVD with an ACL injury and out for 8 months from that reckless challenge.

####.

Here's the tackle for those that haven't seen it. No card given. It wasn't even reviewed for a foul/red card by VAR, only the offsides.
Sucks big time. Vvd such a stud and such a huge draw for us neutrals.

Tbh, for me based only on that link...clear yellow and pk if the offsides isn't called. No red for me- pickford looking at ball all the way and clatters into him. I'm sure the game has gotten soft enough now that the reckless aspect could make it a red by the letter of the law, but to my eye it's a yellow.

Was it a clear no-offsides? 

Sucks big time. Vvd such a stud and such a huge draw for us neutrals.

Tbh, for me based only on that link...clear yellow and pk if the offsides isn't called. No red for me- pickford looking at ball all the way and clatters into him. I'm sure the game has gotten soft enough now that the reckless aspect could make it a red by the letter of the law, but to my eye it's a yellow.

Was it a clear no-offsides? 
Virtually everyone watching that (both during game and after) have called it a red.  It's not malicious, but it's absolutely reckless and could have been a career ender.  You can't go into a tackle like that so out of control.  This specific angle shows how bad it was.

Here's a still frame.

Sorry, but that's a red no matter who does that. 

How much do the Magpies win by today? I’m thinking 3-2. ASM helps my FPL team by getting two assists to Callum Wilson to help my FBG team. I’m totally not just wishcasting.

Virtually everyone watching that (both during game and after) have called it a red.  It's not malicious, but it's absolutely reckless and could have been a career ender.  You can't go into a tackle like that so out of control.  This specific angle shows how bad it was.

Here's a still frame.

Sorry, but that's a red no matter who does that. 
:shrug:

Still think it's a yellow. But I'm not going to argue with anybody who thinks it's a red- definitely reckless. Anybody other than you, that is.

My opponent is gonna get saddled with the own goal by Shaw and the goal allowed by De Gea. Decent start! 

Love that we signed ASM. Hopefully it’s not just to sell him but he’s so fun to watch.
My Italian Squad AC Milan missed out on ASM for sure. Definitely would've been a great signing but not sure he'd be as successful now as he is as Newcastle. Glad he went to one of my clubs though

Darlow has a gun!!!!!! Wonder if he can throw a pigskin that good. The Football Team might be looking for a QB 
That was a great pass. I know exactly which one you’re talking about.

I can see the Magpies ####housing this one. Give ASM an ankle shot, bring in Fraser for Joey Linton, Miggy for, I dunno, Shelvey?

That was a great pass. I know exactly which one you’re talking about.

I can see the Magpies ####housing this one. Give ASM an ankle shot, bring in Fraser for Joey Linton, Miggy for, I dunno, Shelvey?
Not sure why Fraser isn't starting at this point. I think Bruceis being too careful. Thought Longstaff was gonna be in the side today I guess they wanted to give him a bit more time 

Not sure why Fraser isn't starting at this point. I think Bruceis being too careful. Thought Longstaff was gonna be in the side today I guess they wanted to give him a bit more time 
Fraser and Miggy need to come on. I agree Bruce is being overly cautious. Which Longstaff?

Fabian Schar coming in for Issac Hayden. Schar should be well rested as he was sent for an early shower with the Swiss the other day

Fabian Schar coming in for Issac Hayden. Schar should be well rested as he was sent for an early shower with the Swiss the other day
I’m worried about Schar. I think he probably thinks he should be featured more. Sucks about Hayden, total glue guy. Captain without the armband. Schar isn’t that.

Oh look Darlow with another save putting his body on the line with his best Manuel Nuer Impersonation. Hope Karl is OK he's having a great match 

Mother####er!!!!!! That was a rocket. No chance for Darlow there. Game over. Really sucks Newcastle deserved at least a point from this 

Users who are viewing this thread