What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (7 Viewers)

Lost Keenan Allen last week but figured I'd be ok in a PPR with Woodhead as his replacement.  #### this ####
I see you that and raise you a I traded FOR Woodhead after losing Allen last week in my PPR league, and Now just lost Martin.....where is the Burbon.

This might be my worst fantasy football weekend ever. I may go 0-5 in my money leagues after going 4-1 last week. I sat Matt Ryan for Andrew Luck.

Started Taylor over Winston in Week 1

Started Winston over Taylor in Week 2

QBBCs don't work if you start the wrong guy!  :wall:

venting:

one league I'm up by 1 point and my opponent has Eddie Lacy left. Unless Lacy misses the alarm clock, I'm sunk.  I agonized over who to start at RB all week. R.Jennings, A.Foster, TJ Yeldon or Ingram. Posted to the Asst coach forum - finally settled on a lineup this morning, and played the right one by benching Foster!  And the rest of those scrubs scored like 7 points each. And Foster got hurt, as a bonus. All that wasted energy - time I'll never have back. 

in my other league, Danny woodhead / Dante moncrief. Yeah - so much for my flex spot for a while...winning this week, but that hurts. Holding my breath for updates. 

Listen to this crap lineup.

Winston, ingram, ware, ar15, maclin, djax. Oak def

Ugh

Last edited by a moderator:
May be my lowest score in league yet: Stafford (meh), A. Brown, Ware, Lacy, A. Foster, Oak Def - -only bright spot was PK Tucker

Really the only thread I can put this in and it serves as a form of catharsis.  2 weeks into the season and my season for fantasy is over.  Too many injuries.  I hope my league enjoys the cash donation

Really the only thread I can put this in and it serves as a form of catharsis.  2 weeks into the season and my season for fantasy is over.  Too many injuries.  I hope my league enjoys the cash donation
Change your team name to "the spoilers" and make every week your championship game. 

;)

knew I should've gone with matt ryan over Russell Wilson, but got talked into it by the experts.  Ohh I still could win even with AP going down.....if Ryan Matthews put up less than 5 points today.  That Russell Wilson pointless fumble at the end of the half was killer.

Brag -- I get to free up 2 spots by dropping Woodhead and Allen

Vent -- I have to free up 2 spots by dropping Woodhead and Allen

With Deangelo losing his starting role in 2 weeks, I went from probably the most dominant team in the league to one where I may not be able to fill out a legit roster.  Also, I'm 0-2 because of playing 2 of the highest scoring teams.  Better luck next year     :ptts:   

venting/grieving:

has there ever been a fantasy football player who's value has risen, fallen, risen and fallen so dramatically in a 3 week span without playing a single down as Josh Gordon? 

Had a couple pretty solid trade offers for him before the season started. Declined.

After week 1 no one wanted him. 

The it was revealed that RGIII was done and the offers came in again with word that McClown would start. 

Now :crickets: again. 

:wall:

/rant

Brag -- I get to free up 2 spots by dropping Woodhead and Allen

Vent -- I have to free up 2 spots by dropping Woodhead and Allen

With Deangelo losing his starting role in 2 weeks, I went from probably the most dominant team in the league to one where I may not be able to fill out a legit roster.  Also, I'm 0-2 because of playing 2 of the highest scoring teams.  Better luck next year     :ptts:   
good humor w/ your post.   We all need it on a week to week basis.  Cripes, wait til the byes come.   Lineups will be=please God save me this week.

I'm so glad for RB's I invested in guys whose coach keeps rotating in other backs 

J Langford

L Murray

R Mathews

Had Ryan Mathews playing tonight.  My opponent was done.  I would have already won had I started Crowell or Melvin Gordon.  When Mathews scored on the sweep I went up by approximately a quarter of a point.  His next two subsequent carries were for a loss.  I lost by less than a half point.  

Good times

Bragging: Down five with only Langford left. He got me exactly six.

Grieving: Langford is a starter on my team. 

Grieving: Lost big in another league because I started Luck over Ryan.

Bragging: Langford did so poorly I would have lost anyway, so not fretting the bad decision anymore.

Grieving: I have Langford on that team, too (wasn't targeting him).

Bragging: Gordon takes his spot next week.

0-2 in my main 2 leagues but I feel fine. 

Start-up dynasty and I drafted and still have Kevin White, Treadwell and Perriman. Deep bench but it still hurts to hold all these guys

Regretting a draft-day decision in a contract/keeper.  I had the 17th overall rookie pick, and then the 8th pick in the veteran FA rounds.  Was looking QB/RB primarily with those picks.  Went with Goff over Wentz :bag: (Prescott went 16th) and then the best RB left in the vet rounds was Stewart   :wall:

Had I gone RB/WR instead, I could have had DeAndre Washington or Tyler Ervin, and then Derek Carr with the vet pick.

Thanks to perpetually stretched hammy man Alshon, I'm going to be trapped potentially playing 2 crappy TEs in Barnidge, and if Shon can't play Sunday, Fleener as my Monday night insurance policy.

Aaaaand now my week 2 WIN has been changed to a LOSS thanks to Sportsline updating scores apparently moments before the game kicked off tonight. My opponent's DL got 2 assisted tackles and his LB got a solo tackle and I lost by .4 points. 

On a Thursday. 

Unbelievable. 

10 team PPR league and my 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks were Keenan Allen, Jamal Charles (before injury update), and Sammy Watkins.  Still 2-0.

Aaaaand now my week 2 WIN has been changed to a LOSS thanks to Sportsline updating scores apparently moments before the game kicked off tonight. My opponent's DL got 2 assisted tackles and his LB got a solo tackle and I lost by .4 points. 

On a Thursday. 

Unbelievable. 
This worked out the opposite for me. I had initially lost by two, but Eli Rogers was retroactively given a fumble to give me a one point win. I've been trying to figure out in which scenario they can go back and give someone a lost fumble, but i don't really care.  :unsure:

Beckham, Fitz, K. Benjamin

Felt pretty good before the start of the day.  Still a long way to go, but not liking the 1st quarter+ so far. (and I benched McCoy to flex Fitz)

Into the 3rd quarter...Benjamin does not even have a target...Fitz with one reception for 3 yards.

:X

Start Miami's D 'cause it's the Browns!  :unsure:

Just out of curiosity, is it standard FF scoring that your D is penalized for a pick 6? 

CJ really crapped out today. Miami D is a joke. I'm 0-2 and down big thanks to my opponent starting Vikes DST and Justin Tucker. Combined 30+ pts. Just horrible luck. Looking like my first ever 0-3 start in 24 years of fantasy football.

Freaking ready to throw the remote. Bench KC D for that vaunted Miami D at home with a rookie. Never freaking again with this streaming defense bull####!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread