Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

QB Jacoby Brissett, MIA - 9.22.21 - To Start Week 3


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Now the Colts starting QB. 

What is his dynasty value?

I'm thinking QB17ish? Maybe a 5th/6th round Superflex startup pick? 

Zero. If you are pinning your hopes on this career backup, you got big problems. They will be targeting a QB in the next draft.

  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

Zero. If you are pinning your hopes on this career backup, you got big problems. They will be targeting a QB in the next draft.

The issue though, Brisset is good enough to get the Colts to 7-9, 8-8?  A team will probably have to be drafting in the top five in order to get one of the big three QBs from next year's draft.  That or mortgage the future of the franchise to move up that high.  Kelly will no doubt be better than any QBs being drafted afterwards.

Edited by a_troll00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brissett is still better than a dozen or more "starters" in the league and despite what many people are spewing, he has the capacity, combined with rest of the talent there to keep the Colts competitive.

To say he has "no chance" to be a "franchise QB is narrow-minded if you have seen the improvement he has made since 2017 and his relatively young age.

It was clearly evident if you had watched his play in Week 2.

Edited by Ben & Jerry's
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Mike Herndon @MikeMiracles

I think Brissett is a pretty solid quarterback and I’d be surprised if the Colts bottomed out this year. However, he’s also a free agent after this year so Indy is going to have to make a decision on whether they’re OK riding with him as the starter moving forward in a hurry.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Chad Kelly is probably better than Brissett. 

He IS better than Brissett. Give him the year to make it or break it. Why waste time on a proven failure like Brissett...who went 4-11 in Luck's absence in 2017.  He's had his shot.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

He IS better than Brissett. Give him the year to make it or break it. Why waste time on a proven failure like Brissett...who went 4-11 in Luck's absence in 2017.  He's had his shot.

he also had no time to prepare in that situation. he had been with NE - and well regarded in that time - before unexpectedly thrust into the starting gig. this is different because there is *some* exposure to the offense, coaching and personnel. i'm expecting him to be better even if it only means he's a lower-middling in terms of production. they have an improved O-line, coaching and personnel (on both sides) to keep things from being a total dumpster fire. it's going to be really interesting to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, saintfool said:

he also had no time to prepare in that situation. he had been with NE - and well regarded in that time - before unexpectedly thrust into the starting gig. this is different because there is *some* exposure to the offense, coaching and personnel. i'm expecting him to be better even if it only means he's a lower-middling in terms of production. they have an improved O-line, coaching and personnel (on both sides) to keep things from being a total dumpster fire. it's going to be really interesting to watch.

Yeah I'd question a Top 10 ranking   But maybe that 12th team in the League  Especially if utilizing two QB's  In another post someone said 15-20 which seems somewhat fair   I'm thinking there could be an increase on the yards run/TD's  IF so some real improvement in total yds and no regression for TD/Pick should mean a solid game manager for his lowest expectation  It's really hard too expect to much more because of games like JAX (ten sacks)  Maybe the lines improved but teams have film too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

He IS better than Brissett. Give him the year to make it or break it. Why waste time on a proven failure like Brissett...who went 4-11 in Luck's absence in 2017.  He's had his shot.

Even though I like Kelly more than Brissett, let's not forget the Colts rebuilt the OL and it was the best in the league last year.  So, whoever is the QB, perhaps it won't be as bad as we're thinking today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tier 1: Mahomes, Watson

Tier 2: Mayfield, Rodgers, Wentz, Wilson

Tier 3: Ryan, Goff, Dak, Newton

Tier 4: Mitch, Darnold, Lamar, Kyler

Tier 5: Allen, Stafford, Cousins, Jameis, Jimmy G, Carr, Brissett

Tier 6: Mariotta, Big Ben, Rivers,

Tier 7: Brees, Brady, Dalton, Foles

 

I think that's pretty close for updated Dynasty after Luck retirement.  I'm putting him in that Jimmy G value range of former backups who have impressed in limited duty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Tier 1: Mahomes, Watson

Tier 2: Mayfield, Rodgers, Wentz, Wilson

Tier 3: Ryan, Goff, Dak, Newton

Tier 4: Mitch, Darnold, Lamar, Kyler

Tier 5: Allen, Stafford, Cousins, Jameis, Jimmy G, Carr, Brissett

Tier 6: Mariotta, Big Ben, Rivers,

Tier 7: Brees, Brady, Dalton, Foles

 

I think that's pretty close for updated Dynasty after Luck retirement.  I'm putting him in that Jimmy G value range of former backups who have impressed in limited duty. 

I didn't think Brissett looked good at all when he was a starter, but they do have a better team now, especially the OL.  Also, I would switch Trubisky and Newton, who I don't see a lot of upside.  I would also drop Lamar Jackson  to Tier 15.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Charlie Clifford @cliffWISH8

“In a strange way, since Andrew didn’t take any reps at training camp, I asked how many reps Jacoby has taken.  It’s over 1,200 reps with the first team offense. That is a season’s worth of reps... I can feel connections developing with T.Y. - Ebron & Funchess.” - Reich @WISH_TV

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 2:55 PM, JohnnyU said:

I didn't think Brissett looked good at all when he was a starter, but they do have a better team now, especially the OL.  Also, I would switch Trubisky and Newton, who I don't see a lot of upside.  I would also drop Lamar Jackson  to Tier 15.

Yeah I think that's what I'm banking on.  I thought he looked good when you consider that the OL was the worst in the league, he was only 23, and had been traded to the team in late August or something and had no time to get up to speed.  

I think he's going to surprise a lot of people this year because the OL is now more of a strength than a weakness. 

I don't disagree too much on Newton and Trubisky.  I don't really like either that much in dynasty but Mitch has more long term upside for sure.  Jackson is going to absolutely crush with his running.  A QB has never rushed for over 800 yards and not finished in the top 5 QBs on the season.  

Edited by kittenmittens
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, lod001 said:

He IS better than Brissett. Give him the year to make it or break it. Why waste time on a proven failure like Brissett...who went 4-11 in Luck's absence in 2017.  He's had his shot.

Completely different team.  Remember when Brissett played with the Pats?   Horrible analysis as usual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indianapolis agreed to terms with recently anointed starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett on a two-year extension worth $30 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Brissett will earn $20 million guaranteed at signing, Rapoport added.

While Brissett doesn't cash in as the likes of Russell Wilson ($35M AAV) and Carson Wentz ($32M) did this offseason, the Colts signal-caller at least received a second contract, and a lucrative one at that. Though he ranks 19th among quarterbacks in average annual value in 2019 at $15 million per

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001046123/article/colts-hand-jacoby-brissett-twoyear-30m-extension

Figured I would post this as somewhat proof that this isn't some two to three game gig  (going by some posts on Twitter)  I mean It could be   But that ain't the plan by far  This is 20M guaranteed 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dismattle said:

Indianapolis agreed to terms with recently anointed starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett on a two-year extension worth $30 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Brissett will earn $20 million guaranteed at signing, Rapoport added.

While Brissett doesn't cash in as the likes of Russell Wilson ($35M AAV) and Carson Wentz ($32M) did this offseason, the Colts signal-caller at least received a second contract, and a lucrative one at that. Though he ranks 19th among quarterbacks in average annual value in 2019 at $15 million per

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001046123/article/colts-hand-jacoby-brissett-twoyear-30m-extension

Figured I would post this as somewhat proof that this isn't some two to three game gig  (going by some posts on Twitter)  I mean It could be   But that ain't the plan by far  This is 20M guaranteed 

Brissett better send Andrew Luck the world’s largest thank you gift basket by tomorrow morning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

Brissett better send Andrew Luck the world’s largest thank you gift basket by tomorrow morning.

Luck should probably think real hard about sending Brissett one, once they start out 6-0 or something which makes Fans forget all about the expected missed opportunities for the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dismattle said:

Indianapolis agreed to terms with recently anointed starting quarterback Jacoby Brissett on a two-year extension worth $30 million, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Brissett will earn $20 million guaranteed at signing, Rapoport added.

While Brissett doesn't cash in as the likes of Russell Wilson ($35M AAV) and Carson Wentz ($32M) did this offseason, the Colts signal-caller at least received a second contract, and a lucrative one at that. Though he ranks 19th among quarterbacks in average annual value in 2019 at $15 million per

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001046123/article/colts-hand-jacoby-brissett-twoyear-30m-extension

Figured I would post this as somewhat proof that this isn't some two to three game gig  (going by some posts on Twitter)  I mean It could be   But that ain't the plan by far  This is 20M guaranteed 

Nice pay day for Brissett

I think he will be just fine for the Colts moving forward.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He should have had the W there. Vinatieri misses 3 kicks, Ebron loses a TD to the ground. Colts invested a ton on defense the past two drafts and got shredded and he still had them in it. 

Lots of talents and encouraging to see that run game to take pressure off him. He will be fine this year. Not a superstar but a good functional QB 

He does need to develop a touch pass though. Everything seems to come out of his hand at ludicrous speed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dnurk said:

He should have had the W there. Vinatieri misses 3 kicks, Ebron loses a TD to the ground. Colts invested a ton on defense the past two drafts and got shredded and he still had them in it. 

Lots of talents and encouraging to see that run game to take pressure off him. He will be fine this year. Not a superstar but a good functional QB 

He does need to develop a touch pass though. Everything seems to come out of his hand at ludicrous speed. 

Yeah, I mean it does seem like he could be a good enough game manager to get them to 10 wins if the line can keep the running game going.  Can’t see him really winning a game though for them though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Jacoby Brissett completed 21-of-27 passes for 190 yards and two touchdowns in the Colts' Week 1 loss to the Chargers.

Brissett took just two sacks and didn't turn the ball over, giving the Colts a chance to win a game they actually should have taken if not for a missed extra point and two shanked field goals by Adam Vinatieri before the game eventually went to over time. Both of Brissett's touchdown passes went to T.Y. Hilton, who was targeted on 33% of Brissett's throws. Brissett will be a backend QB2 in a tough road spot against the Titans in Week 2.

Sep 8, 2019, 8:00 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to QB Jacoby Brissett, MIA - 9.22.21 - To Start Week 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...