What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

I hate when managers fall in love with their players. 

Team in my dynasty league that had Luck, Guice and a slew of other players who got hurt put Elliott on the block, saying he wanted to “rebuild for 2022”. Dude has no established WRs, just a couple young dudes and a lot of scraps. 

went back and forth for days. He kept asking for more, I kept coming back to the table.

Finally put up the most I was willing to pay - Boyd (who he’s high on), Singletary, a choice of either Mike Evans or ARob, and a 2022 1st and 2nd for Zeke & Paris Campbell. 

he asks me to put it up. I did. In the 11th hour he decides he’d rather hang onto Elliott. Again; he has like Larry Fitz, Campbell, Perriman & a couple scrubs at WR. 

I haz disappoint. :(   I’m not convinced he was serious about dealing Elliott. 
I understand feeling you're getting jerked around, but from another perspective.  If I was rebuilding, Im not looking to get Evans/ARob/Boyd and not trying to give up Campbell.  The picks are what I'm looking for, but its not enough "rebuild" pieces.  And frankly, I Zeke isn't old enough to dump in a rebuild. You're probably right, he never really intended to get rid of Zeke.

I understand feeling you're getting jerked around, but from another perspective.  If I was rebuilding, Im not looking to get Evans/ARob/Boyd and not trying to give up Campbell.  The picks are what I'm looking for, but its not enough "rebuild" pieces.
maybe so but after a month of dangling Zeke I’m positive mine was his best offer. He did also say he wanted to be competitive in 2021, so one of ARob or Evans + Singletary & Boyd could have helped him with that. His cupboard was bare beyond Paris. 

You're probably right, he never really intended to get rid of Zeke.
That’s my take-away. 

Just getting involved in Devy league play.  Any care to share any sources to find analyse prospects that are not expected to be in the next draft? Any help will be appreciated.

Just getting involved in Devy league play.  Any care to share any sources to find analyse prospects that are not expected to be in the next draft? Any help will be appreciated.
YouTube destination devy.  Ray Garvin.  Not talking about 2022 a whole lot yet, but will soon if he hasn’t already.  He’s my favorite for devy leagues

Last edited by a moderator:
What would Miles Sanders be worth in non-ppr now that every other RB in the league is dead?

I mean, like, two 2021 firsts? A first and 2nd? Saquon Barkley straight up?

10 team, 2qb league. I inherited a team that is very good at WR (diggs, cooper, golladay, TY, reagor, preston williams) but generally terrible at QB and RB. i need to figure out how to rebuild RB and QB quickly before my WR's decline. Would you ride out A Jones since he's only 25 or be looking to move him for 2021 picks... if so what is a reasonable haul for a jones?

hispeedthinmint said:
STarting 0-2 & limited depth @ RB for me plus injuries & not happy with my WRs anyway, I am thinking of maybe just punting this year in my dynasty PPR & offering CEH to the Barkley owner. Crazy talk?
That's not going to help your depth issues.

Barkley won’t be worth more next year at this time. CEH will. 
Will their trajectories cross?  Tough call, but it’s likely you could make the same trade next summer if you want Barkley. 

What is Sutton's value now?  I am in a complete orphan rebuild and my only established asset is Ridley.  Is Sutton and a 2021 1st worth Ridley?  No one is trading a young RB and since I have no RB's to send back even injury doesn't really make that an option.  This would be my 3rd 1st rd pick in 2021.  

What is Sutton's value now?  I am in a complete orphan rebuild and my only established asset is Ridley.  Is Sutton and a 2021 1st worth Ridley?  No one is trading a young RB and since I have no RB's to send back even injury doesn't really make that an option.  This would be my 3rd 1st rd pick in 2021.  
Is it a middle or better 1st?  If so, then I'd take that deal.

While that is a fair offer, I am a Ridley believer and it would take a little more for me to let go of him - the 1st would have to be Top 3 for me to consider it or include something else of value along side. 

While that is a fair offer, I am a Ridley believer and it would take a little more for me to let go of him - the 1st would have to be Top 3 for me to consider it or include something else of value along side. 
So you're saying he should hold on to Ridley because he can net more than Sutton/future 1st at a later date? 

I like the idea of accumulating picks now rather than waiting for a better deal later.

frae said:
It's not a bad return as you are rebuilding. I dont know if you could get much more than that for him? In your situation I think 3rd round picks could be useful. Ask him to throw that or something else minor to the deal?

I think Ridley is a great player you could build around. Dont sell him short.

At the same time to get better you have to try for these two for one type deals to improve the overall value of your roster.

frae said:
If you truly are an orphan rebuild, you should definitely not trade your 1st.  Sutton's value will now be suppressed because of the injury, and Ridley is overvalued. I'd actually be looking to buy him in my rebuild spaces.  Purely from a talent/situation standpoint, I barely have Ridley ahead of Sutton.  Add in the injury and a worse situation and in a rebuild, there's no chance I'd trade Sutton for Ridley. 

tangfoot said:
So you're saying he should hold on to Ridley because he can net more than Sutton/future 1st at a later date? 

I like the idea of accumulating picks now rather than waiting for a better deal later.
Yes, I believe Ridley's value will continue to rise.  And Sutton is a long term "acquire" I don't think I would pay that price. 

Whelp, I just purchased Chris Carson for Boyd/Singletary, so either I was drunk when I made the offer or that’s Carson’s value. 

(insert “why not both?” Asian child meme here) 

I kinda do too. But I’m in win-now mode - have a great shot this season & then likely headed for a rebuild. 
I don't know if I would have done that deal, but I know how hard it is to deal Boyd for value. I hate to do it because it's you that acquired him, but I cringe every time Carson takes a hard hit. Which he does often. If you have deep rosters and Hyde is available, might want to preemptively add him just in case.

I don't know if I would have done that deal, but I know how hard it is to deal Boyd for value. I hate to do it because it's you that acquired him, but I cringe every time Carson takes a hard hit. Which he does often. If you have deep rosters and Hyde is available, might want to preemptively add him just in case.
Deep rosters, so Hyde is not available. I may be able to acquire him affordably though, which is my next step. 

I actually like Boyd more than most. I feel like I got fair value on this deal. Starting RBs are very difficult to pry away from most of these owners.

Deep rosters, so Hyde is not available. I may be able to acquire him affordably though, which is my next step. 

I actually like Boyd more than most. I feel like I got fair value on this deal. Starting RBs are very difficult to pry away from most of these owners.
I like Boyd more than most as well but I still like this trade fine for you, mainly because I like Carson more than most as well.  I think Seattle is going to be a top offense all year and I am definitely interested in having the top back on that offense.  And he kind of reminds me of one of those guys where the market just assumes he's a short term stop-gap and then all of the sudden he's 29 and he's been a reliable starter on your fantasy team for the last 3 years.

I think it's a fair deal both ways.

Any feedback regarding Goedert's value in a 14 team ppr dynasty where we start 1 TE? 

TE has been a weak point on my roster for a while. I currently roster Logan Thomas and Herndon. Other owner is in rebuild and has Jonnu, Alie-Cox, Howard and Goedert. All he has indicated he wants in return is picks and/or young players. So, because he owns Zach Moss, I was going to offer Singletary +?

Thoughts?

Any feedback regarding Goedert's value in a 14 team ppr dynasty where we start 1 TE? 

TE has been a weak point on my roster for a while. I currently roster Logan Thomas and Herndon. Other owner is in rebuild and has Jonnu, Alie-Cox, Howard and Goedert. All he has indicated he wants in return is picks and/or young players. So, because he owns Zach Moss, I was going to offer Singletary +?

Thoughts?
14 team non ppr ... I got him for a 2nd Round Rookie Pick in 2021 .. other team has Hockenson and Engram. I think I got a steal for Goedart

FreeBaGeL said:
I like Boyd more than most as well but I still like this trade fine for you, mainly because I like Carson more than most as well.  I think Seattle is going to be a top offense all year and I am definitely interested in having the top back on that offense.  And he kind of reminds me of one of those guys where the market just assumes he's a short term stop-gap and then all of the sudden he's 29 and he's been a reliable starter on your fantasy team for the last 3 years.

I think it's a fair deal both ways.
Carson is a very underrated, legitimate RB1. He’s more active in the receiving game which is only a boon to his PPR value.

Singletary is a “between the 20s“ guy, who might get you a couple of catches a game but his ceiling is capped by a vulture quarterback who might even out-rush him on a weekly basis.

i’m happy with the deal. I got Singleterry pretty cheap in trade last off-season.

The whole package trade I had going for Sutton + and me sending Ridley away in my rebuild fell apart.  I have a second offer now, I finally got a response from the Swift owner.  He wants a little sweetener added on to Ridley and asked for Ridley and Van Jefferson for Swift.  I can't get any of the other rookie big 5 for Ridley and I can't get Jacobs or Sanders.  I have zero RB's of any value (this was an orphan) so while I will pick 1st or 2nd next year I think getting Swift now is a good start.  I already have Ruggs, Jeudy and Higgins.  So is Swift worth the price here?

The whole package trade I had going for Sutton + and me sending Ridley away in my rebuild fell apart.  I have a second offer now, I finally got a response from the Swift owner.  He wants a little sweetener added on to Ridley and asked for Ridley and Van Jefferson for Swift.  I can't get any of the other rookie big 5 for Ridley and I can't get Jacobs or Sanders.  I have zero RB's of any value (this was an orphan) so while I will pick 1st or 2nd next year I think getting Swift now is a good start.  I already have Ruggs, Jeudy and Higgins.  So is Swift worth the price here?
Ridley is worth more than Swift and he is also young.  He should be giving you boot.

I agree with @JohnnyU Ridley should be worth at least as much as Swift right now, if not more.  And I am a Swift fan.

I understand that you need RBs but if you're not playing for this year anyway that's not something you need to rush into right now.

I agree with @JohnnyU Ridley should be worth at least as much as Swift right now, if not more.  And I am a Swift fan.

I understand that you need RBs but if you're not playing for this year anyway that's not something you need to rush into right now.
Thanks guys I guess I will hold for another week at least and see if anyone changes their mind.  If not having Ridley is not a problem he is great, just wish I had at least 1 RB I could see a future with.

Thanks guys I guess I will hold for another week at least and see if anyone changes their mind.  If not having Ridley is not a problem he is great, just wish I had at least 1 RB I could see a future with.
When I’m rebuilding I don’t like to plug in RBs until I’m ready to enter a win now window. Obviously you have to draft BPA but I rarely use draft picks to be honest, I trade my way through retools and rebuilds and try to do it quickly. And plugging in the RBs is usually the final piece (possibly the most major) to the puzzle. It’s usually an instant impact position and I don’t want to risk injury at a low shelf life position while I try to get all my other ducks in a row. 

There are many ways to skin this particular cat though.

I would keep Ridley unless you can get a RB that you're happy with as "comparable" value.

WRs have a long shelf life.  RBs can be more fickle.   There are values to be had; and the scenery changes fast, especially in PPR leagues.

What WR (general WR range with specific players), in addition to a QB like D. Lock, would you give for a QB upgrade in a 1 QB, PPR dynasty league?  I doubt Lamar or Mahomes will be available so I'm thinking about QBs like Wilson, Murray, Watson or Prescott.  Not sure about Allen still.  That said, I'm also curious what WR you would give to get Lamar or Mahomes.

What WR (general WR range with specific players), in addition to a QB like D. Lock, would you give for a QB upgrade in a 1 QB, PPR dynasty league?  I doubt Lamar or Mahomes will be available so I'm thinking about QBs like Wilson, Murray, Watson or Prescott.  Not sure about Allen still.  That said, I'm also curious what WR you would give to get Lamar or Mahomes.
Lock is about worthless in a start 1 QB league, so throwing him in won’t move the needle at all - in fact, it may hurt.

Those QB’s are pretty valuable assets so it will take a big name WR to pry them away. I’d guess the right name in the top 10 of WRs is what you’d need. 

I have Julio, AJ Brown, J Jefferson, B Edwards, Jeffery, Hardman and Humphries at WR in a 16 tm ppr dynasty. Luckily my RBs, QBs and TEs are keeping me afloat.

But, this can't last. So, I know I need to acquire a WR1. Is Ridley worthy of consideration (and a 2021 1st plus Sutton or equivalent WR?) or are his numbers just inflated with a dinged up Julio limping around out there?

Evan Engram? 

2022 1st and Pittman for Engram? 

not sure what I think about this in a non TE premium league. Hard to let go of him when there’s a big opportunity with Barkley gone

Evan Engram? 

2022 1st and Pittman for Engram? 

not sure what I think about this in a non TE premium league. Hard to let go of him when there’s a big opportunity with Barkley gone
I think you'll be very happy in 2022 that you got rid of Engram. 

Users who are viewing this thread