Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tentative rookie RB/WR tiers after diving into clips and stats this weekend:   RB Josh Jacobs, Raiders - No major weaknesses and walks into a starting role. Power, hands, elusiveness, and e

That is interesting. As a Gordon owner here and there, I think I'd have jumped on that offer in any league I have him, without even looking at my own roster or that of the owner sending me the pick.

Fixed

4 hours ago, Buckna said:

Going to take a mid-1st IMO as he’s most likely owned by contenders, he’s still putting up numbers when healthy which means not much of an age discount. Might be better off swapping a healthier but lessor valued guy for the playoff run.

Thanks for the feedback.  Well, we tried again and made a deal.

I give my 2021 1st (projected 8-12 in playoffs) & a 2021 2nd (projected 8-12)

I get Julio Jones ATL WR & his 2021 2nd (2.03) 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Seems decent for julio

Thanks. I felt I made out well. 
This just came thru & I had to read it 3x to make sure I saw it right...

I give the same 2021 pick 2.03 

I get Myles Gaskin Mia RB & late 2021 pick (2.08-2.12 range)

So a drop in round 2 to acquire Gaskin.  While I am not sure his long term value is good, he has a good schedule (Cinn #29, KCC #23 & NEP #21 vs Run ranks).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

What is the value of Miles Sanders in PPR these days? Has to be less than before, right?

Before Wentz bottomed out, yeah he was a target. Now he is a hold. 
You might get a decent WR like C Samuel or  Corey Davis but not much more IMO

1 minute ago, Birdie048 said:

I am trying to acquire & his owner wants my 2021 1st & 2021 2nd (both will be mid to late)

Tried to get him to put Diggs in the deal to & I would add Golladay, but he only likes Claypool & AJ Brown. Not willing to move either for Diggs.

Edited by Helaire-ious
43 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

I am trying to acquire & his owner wants my 2021 1st & 2021 2nd (both will be mid to late)

Tried to get him to put Diggs in the deal to & I would add Golladay, but he only likes Claypool & AJ Brown. Not willing to move either for Diggs.

What happened that makes Miles Sanders worth less than the previous time the Eagles played?

Its not an unreasonable request for a good young RB like Sanders.

As far as you expanding the deal goes I would trade Claypool for Diggs straight up and DIggs is the most valuable player in that deal.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

As a Sanders owner, I'd need at least that much. Probably more. 

Wouldn't trade any of those 3 for diggs. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Might get?  Ummm, you can get plenty more for a top 10 dynasty running back than a 40th-50th ranked wideout.  

• Like 5

What's Zeke going for in ppr dynasty? 

I'm leaning towards rejecting an offer of him for kupp and a mid 1st. Super flex, I'm in the playoffs. I do like the idea of combining Zeke with Henry, but I don't think I'd bet on him outscoring kipp the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

Might get?  Ummm, you can get plenty more for a top 10 dynasty running back than a 40th-50th ranked wideout.  

Until the O-Line and play calling improve, the value is just not there right now.  Future, sure, 2021 if they rebuild the OL and Doug gives up play calling.  I like Miles.  I tried to get him hard last year  but the owner was in full re-build.  His value right now is not idea to move him.  Like I indicated, he is a HOLD.  You won't get the true value from him currently.  And Doug's habit of RBBC also hinders his value right now.  

Trade FOR him?  Absolutely.  I agree, he will improve.  But my guess is 2022 will be the time he prospers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, FUBAR said:

What's Zeke going for in ppr dynasty? 

I'm leaning towards rejecting an offer of him for kupp and a mid 1st. Super flex, I'm in the playoffs. I do like the idea of combining Zeke with Henry, but I don't think I'd bet on him outscoring kipp the rest of the season.

He was recently traded in my dynasty (About 2 wks ago)... Team A gave Zeke, Julio, Agholor, Pollard & 2021 2nd. Team B gaveMiles Sanders, Lockett & Tyreek

• Thinking 1
14 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Well, we tried again and made a deal.

I give my 2021 1st (projected 8-12 in playoffs) & a 2021 2nd (projected 8-12)

I get Julio Jones ATL WR & his 2021 2nd (2.03) 

Getting him to throw in his early 2nd swings the trade widely in your favor IMO. You gave up a late 2nd and a drop of best (3) to worst (8) spots for Julio. Only way you lose there is if his injury lingers and he doesn't play at all the rest of the year. You still should be able to recoup at least an early 2nd in that case in the offseason.

• Like 1

still new to dynasty.... in the ten team 2qb league i'm in the price of QB's seems to be near double what any current dynasty superflex trade value chart says QB's are worth. is this common and i just need to be happy with a diggs for derek carr offer...? or is this league im in a bit silly?

45 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

still new to dynasty.... in the ten team 2qb league i'm in the price of QB's seems to be near double what any current dynasty superflex trade value chart says QB's are worth. is this common and i just need to be happy with a diggs for derek carr offer...? or is this league im in a bit silly?

It's hard to say as these values differ by league. But in general, if you think Carr will remain a starter for the next few years+, that's about the price I'd expect to pay.

53 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

Double might be a bit much, but they are worth more in 2QB than SF. The top 10 or so QBs should be massively valuable. I don’t think the Carr level guys should command anything close to Diggs, however.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, iamkoza said:

Are QB's generally available?  The league must have 20 rostered just to keep the starting spots covered.  My guess is that there are probably about 45-50 QB's rostered so there is no way to just pick one up.  When that becomes the case the prices get really high due to supply and demand.  The actual output doesn't match the price but when you cannot get a starting QB anywhere the price goes up to get one. 

1 hour ago, Concept Coop said:

Double might be a bit much, but they are worth more in 2QB than SF. The top 10 or so QBs should be massively valuable. I don’t think the Carr level guys should command anything close to Diggs, however.

I agree with Coop but I would add that if it is 10 team then that means the elite tiers at RB and WR are bigger relative to the size of the league. Teams aren't going to be as willing to roster lower tier players, even pretty good ones. With deeper tiers it will take more to get any kind of deal done anywhere. But especially for a QB in 2QB. Double is insane, but maybe depends on the QB in terms of how insane.

ETA Sorry if you're new to dynasty I should clarify that I'm talking about the tiers being deeper in a 10 team *relative* to a 12 team, simply because that is something close to industry standard, but I didn't explicitly say 10 vs 12.

Edited by barackdhouse

If you’d consider trading Diggs then post in the league message board that you are willing to trade Diggs for a quality starting QB and see what kind of offers you get.  Anything better than Carr and you’ll see how your league mates value Diggs. 

edited to add... keep in mind that 2QB leagues are different than Superflex - as someone posted above.  In superflex you have more options.  In 2 QB, you have to start 2.

Edited by Boone22
18 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I would think rookie picks become more valuable in 10 team 2QB.

Rookie QB's definitely go a lot quicker in this format.  This year in my 12 team SF league Burrow went 1.01, Tua went 1.04 and Herbert went 1.08

34 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

Here is the first round of DLF's most recent ADP. Brown is too low; Jefferson should be here; Zeke and Sanders are too high. IMO, of course.

RB heavy.

2 hours ago, Concept Coop said:

Here is the first round of DLF's most recent ADP. Brown is too low; Jefferson should be here; Zeke and Sanders are too high. IMO, of course.

1. McCaffrey

2. Metcalf

3. Kamara

(Tie) Barkley

5. Cook

6. Adams

7. Hill

8. Brown

9. Swift

10. Jacobs

11. Elliott

12. Sanders

AJ Brown I assume?

Where should Zeke & Sanders be?

Kamara is definitely too high if Hill is the QB for any length of time

22 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

What happened that makes Miles Sanders worth less than the previous time the Eagles played?

Its not an unreasonable request for a good young RB like Sanders.

As far as you expanding the deal goes I would trade Claypool for Diggs straight up and DIggs is the most valuable player in that deal.

Now he wants AJ Brown AND Claypool on my end for Diggs... Too much!

• Laughing 1

Was offered Lockett & Travis Homer for Curtis Samuel & Fuller, PPR no-cap dynasty. 

Rejected pretty quickly. Anyone here accept that deal?.

My roster isn’t the youngest at WR with Hopkins, ARob, Evans, so hate to lose two younger dudes for a 28 yr old Lockett. Win-now mode but I think I can still compete without replacing Fuller, and I’m jot sure how losing Samuel helps me do that anyway.  :shrug: 

12 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Was offered Lockett & Travis Homer for Curtis Samuel & Fuller, PPR no-cap dynasty. 

My roster isn’t the youngest at WR with Hopkins, ARob, Evans, so hate to lose two younger dudes for a 28 yr old Lockett. Win-now mode but I think I can still compete without replacing Fuller, and I’m jot sure how losing Samuel helps me do that anyway.  :shrug: 

The value is probably on the Lockett side, but if he's not really an improvement on your starters, I get keeping the younger guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, jtd13 said:

The value is probably on the Lockett side, but if he's not really an improvement on your starters, I get keeping the younger guys. 

Plus with Seattle getting better on D with Adams getting healthy & Dunlop coming in, Lockett’s numbers haven’t been better than Samuel the last 5 weeks. Lockett’s scored once & hasn’t topped 67 yards in that span. If Russ ain’t cookin, Lockett ain’t eatin. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
28 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Tyler Lockett is the best player in the deal but he is pretty inconsistent in when he does well. I think he is more valuable than Samuel is but I don't think it improves your lineup options as much as Locketts overall value because of his inconsistency.

Travis Homer is a nothing burger to me.

Fuller with the suspension and so on not worth anything right now.

I don't think this trade helps you much so its an easy pass.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Tyler Lockett is the best player in the deal but he is pretty inconsistent in when he does well. I think he is more valuable than Samuel is but I don't think it improves your lineup options as much as Locketts overall value because of his inconsistency.

Travis Homer is a nothing burger to me.

Fuller with the suspension and so on not worth anything right now.

I don't think this trade helps you much so its an easy pass.

Yeah, the value with Lockett is he’s *capable* of the BOOM game. But I wouldn’t be getting the 200 yard game He had, just the potential that he could have another - which I see as diminishing a bit if the balanced offense they’re running continues. Just doesn’t feel like upgrading from Samuel to Lockett is worth losing Fuller & Samuel next year when Lockett is 29 & beyond.

Current starting roster has Mahomes/Carr(DJones,), Carson (Hyde), RoJo, Hopkins, ARob, Evans, Cole, Samuel, Gronk/Engram/Ertz. Losing Fuller hurts, but at 8-4 I feel like I can still compete for the title this year. 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yeah, the value with Lockett is he’s *capable* of the BOOM game. But I wouldn’t be getting the 200 yard game He had, just the potential that he could have another - which I see as diminishing a bit if the balanced offense they’re running continues. Just doesn’t feel like upgrading from Samuel to Lockett is worth losing Fuller & Samuel next year when Lockett is 29 & beyond.

Current starting roster has Mahomes/Carr(DJones,), Carson (Hyde), RoJo, Hopkins, ARob, Evans, Cole, Samuel, Gronk/Engram/Ertz. Losing Fuller hurts, but at 8-4 I feel like I can still compete for the title this year. 

The offer makes sense from the perspective that you were starting a boom bust guy in Fuller already and that is what you are looking to replace. Lockett could work out for you. I have no question he is a better WR than Samuel.

If your going to make a trade though perhaps you would rather have someone you feel more comfortable about than Lockett.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Dude, no. That would have been an awful trade for you, IMO. I would be buying both of your receivers (Samuel and Fuller) all over for a reasonable price.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

If your going to make a trade though perhaps you would rather have someone you feel more comfortable about than Lockett.

Yeah - ideally I would just trade Fuller for a comparable WR, but with the suspension no one’s giving me fair value. I only recently paid for Fuller 5 weeks ago, so I’d rather hold than sell low. 

I see I’m in the minority here but I’d take the Lockett side if I were contending. Lockett is the archetype of technician wr that can often play forever and maybe I’ve been spoiled on Fuller watching his owners in my leagues cursing his name more often than not but seeing him finally succeed and then immediately be popped for PED’s I have a hard time valuing him as a stable asset at this year’s production levels.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yeah - ideally I would just trade Fuller for a comparable WR, but with the suspension no one’s giving me fair value. I only recently paid for Fuller 5 weeks ago, so I’d rather hold than sell low. 

I of course acquired him just in time for him to be suspended so I will be hanging on to him unless I can get a comparable WR from a team out of the playoff picture.  Only gave up Conner to get him so I am Ok with that

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Boone22 said:

If you’d consider trading Diggs then post in the league message board that you are willing to trade Diggs for a quality starting QB and see what kind of offers you get.  Anything better than Carr and you’ll see how your league mates value Diggs. 

edited to add... keep in mind that 2QB leagues are different than Superflex - as someone posted above.  In superflex you have more options.  In 2 QB, you have to start 2.

thanks to all for comments. i think my mistake was assuming superflex = 2qb as far as rankings/trade values go. i offered up diggs leaguewide and the only bites i got were baker and carr. i ended up doing Diggs/haskins for Carr and 2021 2.06ish 

Edited by iamkoza
7 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Try for a RB then flip that RB for a WR?

34 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

Zack Moss have any real value in PPR now? I'm thinking he's worth a 3rd rounder

He was drafted in the late second or early third in most drafts this year. I think he’s worth a second at least. He’s shown a little bit this year, so I doubt owners would part with him for a third.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Helaire-ious said:

Zack Moss have any real value in PPR now? I'm thinking he's worth a 3rd rounder

I think that’s fair value for what we’ve seen and how he’s used. But Moss owners see a future superstar and will want more. Acquiring rookies is tricky for that reason. 

• Like 1