What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (14 Viewers)

These are what I was afraid of - honestly, if he is a buy-low type.  I am more included to keep him.  With my roster, I cannot imagine giving him up for anything less than a Lamb or Chase, due to positional scarcity and his performance when he is on the field.  Even in a timeshare of say 70/30 - IF he is healthy, he is still capable of being a top 3RB and nothing from any RB's this season has shown me otherwise.  

I was really hoping to go for a WR + Saquon.  Woof.  Get Well Soon... so I can sell high 🤣
Why go after the “Hot, young” guy that everyone wants?  Why not target someone like Justin Jefferson + ?  Just last year he was everyones darling but now he’s taking a back seat to the guys you mentioned.

I’m sure some will disagree but I can’t imagine giving either of those WR’s for him tbh. If you’re win-now, they’re producing big and he’s not on the field. If you’re rebuilding, they’re both younger and have longer expected career arcs before age-related decline.

Maybe lamb if my wr group was otherwise solid, no way on Chase (and I own Lamb but not Chase)

I was taking into account that this is both a small league (10 teams) and they require 2 starting RBs.  That puts you behind the 8 Ball to have a ton of depth at the RB position where it really doesn't exist for very long.  It's relatively easier to hoard great WRs who will put up nearly the same level of production as one another.

When healthy CMC is the uber stud who can win a league this size.

What can you get for Tom Brady in a 16 team 1qb ppr ppfd league?  Adam Thielen?

Also, how can I kill all my rbs by week 7 every year?  Every. #######. Year.

Why go after the “Hot, young” guy that everyone wants?  Why not target someone like Justin Jefferson + ?  Just last year he was everyones darling but now he’s taking a back seat to the guys you mentioned.
I agree and that is something I have considered too, but in the end - I am not sure Jefferson puts me anymore over the edge than a Jeudy/Evans/AJ Brown setup (barring AJ Brown's regression doesn't continue).  

I was taking into account that this is both a small league (10 teams) and they require 2 starting RBs.  That puts you behind the 8 Ball to have a ton of depth at the RB position where it really doesn't exist for very long.  It's relatively easier to hoard great WRs who will put up nearly the same level of production as one another.

I don't see being able to trade him just for a WR, due to what you have mentioned.  Players like CMC are hard to trade, because they are in a class of their own.  I'd likely be making any RB group significantly better, while picking up a WR to add to a group I already feel is talented.  Then, I think I end up in fantasy purgatory of winning enough games to ensure I don't get a top 3 RB in the draft but still never winning the championship...

In small leagues I tend to prioritize making roster spots essentially ignorable and use all my bench spots farming for other positions. I actually would be more into the cmc side in a 14 team league where there was no expected rb production available on the wire. There’s always a mckissic type floating around in a 10 teamer. Esp in dyno, having a Jefferson/lamb type locking up a spot for a decade so you can farm the Khalil herberts of the world with your bench space is huge to me. But ymmv

Last edited by a moderator:
Value of Javonte Williams vs. Ja'Marr Chase for dynasty purposes? How much should the Javonte owner add to a deal to get Ja'Marr?

At least a future 1st.  I'm already hearing rumblings that Chase is the WR1 overall in dynasty and I'm sure his owners are feeling the same way.

Agree and I'm a big Williams fan. May be worth waiting till next season when he probably has the gig to himself, value may be closer then.

It probably won't be.  Williams should move up, but Chase is headed to the stratosphere.
I am the Chase owner in this scenario. I'm in rebuild mode, and I really like Javonte. The offer on the table is:

His - Javonte, Courtland Sutton, and Lamar Jackson

For my - Chase, T. Lawrence, and Elijah Mitchell

Thoughts?

I am the Chase owner in this scenario. I'm in rebuild mode, and I really like Javonte. The offer on the table is:

Thoughts?

Honestly, for a rebuilding team Chase is a top 5 value. He's only going to go up during the season and offseason. It's decent value if you like Javonte and Sutton. But for me Chase is 100% a sure thing and Sutton and Javonte are question marks. Can't blame you for taking it but I don't like moving someone like him in a rebuild.

Thoughts?
I don't think there is anyone I'd rather start a rebuild with than Chase.  I'd need an overpay to move him.  This isn't it.

Thoughts?
Not enough, and I have Javonte in multiple dynasty leagues and love him. One can make an argument that Chase is the #1 dynasty asset after this start, he has to add more. 

Thoughts?
Talent being equal, I’d rather have a young wr than a young rb if I’m rebuilding, and while I love Javonte and think he has a chance to be a stud, I’m not sure the talent is equal either

I agree and that is something I have considered too, but in the end - I am not sure Jefferson puts me anymore over the edge than a Jeudy/Evans/AJ Brown setup (barring AJ Brown's regression doesn't continue).  

I would have Jefferson much higher than Jeudy and quite a bit higher than Evans as far as dynasty goes.  Are you saying he doesn't help you because of those guys?

I'm headed for 2-4 as a CMC owner and contemplating blowing it all up now that he's on IR, so I reached out to the Chase and Lamb owners this morning just to see.  The Chase owner flat out said "untradeable", and the Lamb owner said it would take CMC plus more.  I'm going to throw CMC up on the block and see what kind of offers come in, but I will say that I haven't gotten a single offer for him so far, and didn't get a single offer for him last year during his injury either...the shine has worn off.  I think it can be restored but it's going to take him staying on the field for longer than 2-3 weeks in a row.  
The good thing about rebuilding is you can wait until CMC is back healthy and he recovers his elite value.

Thoughts?
 I don't like that deal at all for you. I think you should be able to get more than that for Chase. Keep his off-field stuff on the down low. 

tangfoot said:
It feels like he's one of those tweeners.  No one will pay a 1st, but the team that owns him won't take a 2nd.
Honestly I’d probably take a 2nd to free up the roster space. Ymmv based on league size. Looking at his contract I assume if he continues to not get used he’s gotta be a cut candidate next year? But I could see him mixing in just enough to be desirable for them as a third weapon but fantasy unstartable (like now).

tangfoot said:
It feels like he's one of those tweeners.  No one will pay a 1st, but the team that owns him won't take a 2nd.

Not so sure about that. I'd think about a 2nd for him, although I play IDP so that helps. Chase definitely killed his value. Maybe it comes back a bit if they start throwing for 300+ yards a game but he's a bit of a roster clogger atm.

tangfoot said:
I’d replace 1st with 2nd and 2nd with 3rd in this statement. 

Someone in my league dropped Evan Engram. I know he's been frustrating to own, but from a dynasty perspective and prospects he could move on as well, he's gotta be at least a FAAB dart throw, right?

I'm curious in a $100 FAAB league what his dynasty FAAB would look like as I've got room and might as well put in some kind of bid?

Someone in my league dropped Evan Engram. I know he's been frustrating to own, but from a dynasty perspective and prospects he could move on as well, he's gotta be at least a FAAB dart throw, right?

I'm curious in a $100 FAAB league what his dynasty FAAB would look like as I've got room and might as well put in some kind of bid?
I would rather have a prickly pear cactus in my underwear than have Evan Engram.

If it isn't TE premium, I would bid $5 or less

If it isn't TE premium, I would bid $5 or less
It is TE premium and we start 11 offensive players a week. He's gotta be worth at least something given I even started DeAndre Carter last week because we have return points and will likely have to start a Mark Ingram or Philip Lindsay because of injuries and byes.

It is TE premium and we start 11 offensive players a week. He's gotta be worth at least something given I even started DeAndre Carter last week because we have return points and will likely have to start a Mark Ingram or Philip Lindsay because of injuries and byes.
Since he game back in Week 3, Engram is TE21 in my premium league, averaging under 8 points per game.  I've seen worse flex plays during bye weeks, but I am not going to bust my budget to get a piece of him.  $8 should do it?

FAAB bids are unique to each league - but if TE premium, I’d spend $20-25 on him. He’s a free agent next year and there’s worse TE2s to roster than him. 

So I came in 4th in bidding for Evan Engram. These ended up being the bids in $100 a season budget: $97, $45, $25, $17, $0. 

So I came in 4th in bidding for Evan Engram. These ended up being the bids in $100 a season budget: $97, $45, $25, $17, $0. 
Holy cow somebody just likes lighting FAAB on fire.  Two people, if you ask me.  I dropped Engram in our 12 team dynasty about a month ago, no TE premium though, and he got picked up for $3/$100. 

For $97 to be a good spend, he has to
1) get traded
2) to a good team
3) prove he can catch the ball
4) get at least 5 targets a game
5) put up 6TDs/yr minimum

I don't play in any TE premium leagues, but I just don't see a realistic path to fantasy usage unless its a league that starts 2 TEs maybe.  That's a ton of things that have to happen, which is ultimately what led me to drop him (to take a flyer on Parham).  

Holy cow somebody just likes lighting FAAB on fire.  Two people, if you ask me.  I dropped Engram in our 12 team dynasty about a month ago, no TE premium though, and he got picked up for $3/$100. 

For $97 to be a good spend, he has to
1) get traded
2) to a good team
3) prove he can catch the ball
4) get at least 5 targets a game
5) put up 6TDs/yr minimum

I don't play in any TE premium leagues, but I just don't see a realistic path to fantasy usage unless its a league that starts 2 TEs maybe.  That's a ton of things that have to happen, which is ultimately what led me to drop him (to take a flyer on Parham).  
Agreed. We start 11 offensive players a week, so midseason byes and injuries piling up, you definitely do see a lot of garbage starters as well. Starting 11 means we start 4 flex and 1 superflex and with TE premium you do see people desiring to start multiple TEs if you can (I have Pitts, Freiermuth, Tonyan, Parham, etc., so I would love to have them all in there if they were consistent cause it feels like cheat code).

I bid $17 having currently $69 remaining because our wire is pretty garbage to be honest for offense. What likely happened is he's the best of a bunch of bad options and that owner figures if he needs offense or IDP, he's ok losing out on someone emerging in either case vs. the devil he knows in Engram.

I'm not terribly surprised someone went for it given the options, but I am surprised at how many people outbid me. I felt like $17-25 is an acceptable range for him and everyone bid above that but me. I'm in 4th place currently and the guy who won the bid is in 5th, so might just be a signal he thought someone on the end of his offense is what he needs to push him over the top this year I guess.

Price check on James Robinson. A first and a second ? Decent young piece and a 2nd ? 

Also, wondering about Hopkins value. Anybody moved for him recently ? 

How much would I need to add to Elijah Mitchell + a second to get a Russell Wilson or another earlier 30+ yr old QB in a 12 team 1 QB league/4 pts passing TD?

How much would I need to add to Elijah Mitchell + a second to get a Russell Wilson or another earlier 30+ yr old QB in a 12 team 1 QB league/4 pts passing TD?
I wouldn't give that much for a 30+ year old QB in a 1QB league with 4pts per TD.  A 2nd should be enough.  I would try for Carr for a 2nd if the Wilson owner won't sell.

I wouldn't give that much for a 30+ year old QB in a 1QB league with 4pts per TD.  A 2nd should be enough.  I would try for Carr for a 2nd if the Wilson owner won't sell.
As a Carr owner in a 12 team, 1QB league (6pts/TD) I would absolutely move him for a second round pick. 

Dynasty WR Bench Stash - rank 'em:

• Bryan Edwards
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones
  • Dyami Brown
  • Denzel Mims
  • Amari Rodgers
Currently rostering Edwards, but I'm wondering if I need to start looking in other directions.   Primarily interested in future upside.  DPJ seems like the guy most likely to contribute this season, Edwards 2nd, the other three are looking like 2022 at the earliest.

I just sent a 2022 late 1st for James Robinson and 20% FAAB budget in a 12 team SF, if that helps any. 
That's a nice pull.

Robinson and a '23 1st (likely top 3) just went for Diontae Johnson + late '22 1st & 2nd.

I definitely like the Robinson side of that.  I think Diontae Johnson is a pretty even swap.   I think the '23 1st is going to blow away the '22 picks.   

Dynasty WR Bench Stash - rank 'em:

• Bryan Edwards
  • Donovan Peoples-Jones
  • Dyami Brown
  • Denzel Mims
  • Amari Rodgers
Currently rostering Edwards, but I'm wondering if I need to start looking in other directions.   Primarily interested in future upside.  DPJ seems like the guy most likely to contribute this season, Edwards 2nd, the other three are looking like 2022 at the earliest.
Donovan Peoples Jones - OBJ most likely gone after this year, prototypical size/speed and has shown good growth his second season.

Bryan Edwards - I like his game but another patience play as Waller, Ruggs, Renfrow are all out targeting him.

Dynami Brown - Was hoping to see more impact by now but still like the prospect.

Denzel Mims - Good upside, bad situation.

Amari Rodgers - just don’t see a lot of upside

Anyone sold Elijah Mitchell?  Hoping to turn him into something more firm.

Javonte reasonable?

Antonio Gibson?

Anyone sold Elijah Mitchell?  Hoping to turn him into something more firm.

Javonte reasonable?

Antonio Gibson?

Not the season I was hoping from Gibson, but I would view Mitchell as a throw-in in any Gibson trade.   I'm thinking the Javonte Williams owners would feel the same way based on what he has shown.

Users who are viewing this thread