What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (13 Viewers)

Draft pick wise, what should a rebuilder realistically ask for Austin Ekeler in a start 2 to 4 RB league to a team ?  He's 6 months older then Chubb, 14 months older then Mixon. Ekeler turns 27 next May.

Being more of a pass catcher should help to keep his value up a little longer, right?

Draft pick wise, what should a rebuilder realistically ask for Austin Ekeler in a start 2 to 4 RB league to a team ?  He's 6 months older then Chubb, 14 months older then Mixon. Ekeler turns 27 next May.

Being more of a pass catcher should help to keep his value up a little longer, right?
A decent looking 1st and something else with realistic upside like another 1st or a player on IR like Dobbins, Akers..........

If I was selling that's what I would look around for.

Not too many competitive teams have multiple 1sts right now I would imagine, so probably have to get creative

Or you go a different route and package Ekeler with something and go after one of the top young WRs like Jefferson, lamb, metcalf.....

That just might depend on what your roster looks like

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are people placing AJ Dillon value if you were to trade him this week. I'm looking to cash out on a young WR with Jones out a few weeks.

Which WRs would you take for Dillon;

Jeudy

Ridley

E Moore

R Moore

Bateman

Toney

Ekeler doesn't have the mileage that Chubb and Mixon have though.  I'm of the belief that if he stays the course this season we're talking about him as the no2 overall pick in redraft next year.   Keep him as a corner-stone.

Where are people placing AJ Dillon value if you were to trade him this week. I'm looking to cash out on a young WR with Jones out a few weeks.

Jeudy

Ridley

E Moore

R Moore

Bateman

Toney
Of those, probably just Jeudy and Bateman. If there was a little more clarity on the Ridley situation for sure, but it’s so risky. 

Of those, probably just Jeudy and Bateman. If there was a little more clarity on the Ridley situation for sure, but it’s so risky. 
I’d take the risk with Ridley. He’s far and away the best player here. But I’d probably take any of them over Dillon. 

Trying to get some idea of how these 3 guys might be ranked - Thielen, Mooney, Renfrow. Looking at various rankings on the web there doesn't seem to be a consensus. How do you view them?

Trying to get some idea of how these 3 guys might be ranked - Thielen, Mooney, Renfrow. Looking at various rankings on the web there doesn't seem to be a consensus. How do you view them?
I think the difference between Thielen and Mooney can be if your specific team is Win Now or not, and if each site rankings you’re looking at is "biased" one way or another.
Win Now: Thielen is tops for me

Rebuild: Mooney

and I think that I’m probably biased against Raiders as a (trying-to-be-former-) Raiders fan. Too much uncertainty and seeing the annual train wreck in slow motion and up close makes me not want any Raiders on my squad….not really "any", but just indicating why I’d likely have Renfrow (who I LOVE as a solid player) in 3rd place out of these 3 players. 

Jeudy

Ridley

E Moore

R Moore

Bateman

Toney

I would take Juedy, Ridley, E Moore over him easily. Would have to think a little more on it and might be team specific but in general would take Toney and Bateman over him.

Rondale is the one I'd not consider.

Also Jones might be back this week so you might not have weeks.

What 2022 draft picks would it take to get Calvin Ridley in a 12 tm ppr dynasty league?

The owner has put him on the block and only stated "draft picks" as the expected return.

What 2022 draft picks would it take to get Calvin Ridley in a 12 tm ppr dynasty league?

The owner has put him on the block and only stated "draft picks" as the expected return.
I’d probably take a mid 1st for him at this point. There is so much risk with him and the mental illness coupled with the team and Ryan being bad, I think think I’m ready to move on. 

I’d probably take a mid 1st for him at this point. There is so much risk with him and the mental illness coupled with the team and Ryan being bad, I think think I’m ready to move on. 
In a Dynasty he is only worth a mid-1st??

I agree with what's already been said but I just want to add that while Renfrow is a great real life WR, I just don't see him as ever being more than a fantasy wr3/flex.

I agree with what's already been said but I just want to add that while Renfrow is a great real life WR, I just don't see him as ever being more than a fantasy wr3/flex.

In 1 PPR league where I own him he has been a high level WR3, which is really all I ask of him. I also value his consistency in that league, where he has scored between 10 and 19 points in all but 2 games this season. I like that reliability for a WR3, but agree that Thielen and Mooney are more valuable.

I would not take less than an early 1st and something else like a young developing player like Josh Palmer.  When Ridley returns he is Top 5 talent. Matt Ryan will be gone soon and the new QB TBD creates unknown issues. Young elite Talent like Ridley is worth holding while new QB develops

Trying to gauge value on Tee Higgins ... owner is willing to part with him, but he seems to be about the same plain as a couple other WR I have ..

Sutton

Aiyuk

Hollywood Brown

Is Higgins an upgrade enough to deal Sutton in a package for Higgins? Sutton has Jeudy / Higgins has Chase.  I have them all pretty close to each other.

In a Dynasty he is only worth a mid-1st??
We’re not talking about an ACL, broken bone, or something else you can put a timetable on.

I certainly hope the very best for Calvin. However the reality is that mental illness can be very difficult to manage with a wide range of outcomes.

Hopefully he can figure out how to manage whatever he’s dealing with and be the stud top 5 WR again.  Given that he’s decided to walk away (at least momentarily) from millions of dollars, I have to assume he’s dealing with something very bad. In that case, I worry he may never come back.    

Modern medicine just doesn’t have the ability to deal with these situations well. 

Price check on Jimmy G now after Shanahan’s Lance comments?

I always figured he’d be traded or at least benched by now, but could use a QB2/3 in my dynasty super flex (thanks Watson).

Owner wants devy prospect + pick. Not sure degrees yet, but not sure if I should explore further. 

Bump.

Looking to flip Amon Ra St. Brown off his hot month.  Where about's his value at?
Late 1st for me in non-SFlex, PPR leagues. 

I like ASB. But I ain't buying high into a garbage time player who had 0 target competition. That is a recipe for dissapointment . 

Bump.

Looking to flip Amon Ra St. Brown off his hot month.  Where about's his value at?
Too high to trade for what you will want.  He falls into that no man's land where his owners will want peak value based on continuing this hot play where people wanting to trade will want to get a deal hoping his owner will take less than peak because it's not sustainable.  

I don't know the right answer.  I think there is a chance that Detroit brings in more WR talent and I also wouldn't discount this uptick in play coincided with Hockenson going down and out.   There is a likely outcome where he is just a WR3 ish guy next year and following as better players join the team and adjust the target share.  

Late 1st for me in non-SFlex, PPR leagues. 

I like ASB. But I ain't buying high into a garbage time player who had 0 target competition. That is a recipe for dissapointment . 
Sure.  I'm not either.  That's exactly why I'm looking to sell.  I have to believe Detroit wants to upgrade 1 if not 2 WR positions next year.  They'll get Hockenson back.  

Dude's red hot and he's young.  If someone is willing to give me a late 1st, I'll bite.

I got offered Kyle Pitts straight up for Deebo Samuel as a starting offer around 3 weeks back. What would Samuel owners accept for a deal involving Pitts in terms of draft picks tacked on ? Another first and something else on top ??

Too high to trade for what you will want.  He falls into that no man's land where his owners will want peak value based on continuing this hot play where people wanting to trade will want to get a deal hoping his owner will take less than peak because it's not sustainable.  

I don't know the right answer.  I think there is a chance that Detroit brings in more WR talent and I also wouldn't discount this uptick in play coincided with Hockenson going down and out.   There is a likely outcome where he is just a WR3 ish guy next year and following as better players join the team and adjust the target share.  
I’d agree with the sentiment here. Hockenson will be back and they are surely still looking for their prototypical WR1 that I half expect they will address with a draft pick like their 2nd 1st round pick or their what will be a high 2nd round pick. Not to mention that I expect Josh Reynolds with Rams/Goff connection will at least be retained for another year. Kalif Raymond has also done well this year deserving a further look, and they love to throw to Swift when he’s available at RB 

ASB is gonna be a good football player, but I doubt he will persist with the higher target share that has been helped by injuries/COVID absences.  

TartanLion said:
I got offered Kyle Pitts straight up for Deebo Samuel as a starting offer around 3 weeks back. What would Samuel owners accept for a deal involving Pitts in terms of draft picks tacked on ? Another first and something else on top ??
My how the mighty have fallen.  Pitts plus draft picks for Deebo?  I am not saying it's wrong just saying that something like that would have been laughed in last draft season with the Pitts hype.  

I am still guessing that the straight up deal is probably likely what the Pitts owner will accept.  Trying to take on a 1st plus more I don't think is going to get the Pitts owner to bite 

My how the mighty have fallen.  Pitts plus draft picks for Deebo?  I am not saying it's wrong just saying that something like that would have been laughed in last draft season with the Pitts hype.  

I am still guessing that the straight up deal is probably likely what the Pitts owner will accept.  Trying to take on a 1st plus more I don't think is going to get the Pitts owner to bite 
Yeah this. I don’t know what most Pitts owners are thinking, but I doubt they’re looking to sell him low after he put up a very strong rookie year by historical standards although short of the astronomical projections some were expecting. 

Keep trade cut has Pitts at 8 and Deebo at 13, so I highly doubt you can get anything close to ‘another first and something on top’

TartanLion said:
Given the TE position is so thin at the top, no way would I trade Pitts for Samuel straight up, let alone give boot.  The Pitts owner would greatly regret that in future years.

TartanLion said:
I would have taken Pitts straight up.

Pitts got traded in my dynasty league two weeks ago for Waller and Claypool.

Not to whistle past the graveyard, but IF:

• confirmed ACL tear for Gallup

and

• AC & the Cowboys part ways

What would Ced Wilson fetch next preseason?  

It was my impression he was in line for a larger role, as I’d read the Cowboys were likely to shed AC’s contract & let Gallup walk. Now Gallup likely isn’t in the picture, so…

I’m rebuilding for 2023, so I’d like to part with tbe 26 y/o Wilson before the 2022 draft. What sort of pick will he be worth if he goes into the ‘22 season as the Cowboys WR2? 

Agreed…not a knock on Deebo who is the real deal but it will be far more difficult to find another Pitts then another Deebo.
Than another WR, anyway. Deebo is pretty unique. Unfortunately he loses a bit of value in PPR due to his rushing. Dude’s a legit slash, and a big play waiting to happen.

but you’re correct in summary - Pitts > Deebo dynasty value 

I would still laugh at it. I wouldn’t trade Pitts for Deebo, and I wouldn’t trade Pitts for Deebo & a 1st.

I can’t replace Pitts potential production from a rare position with a WR & a rookie.

I went in on Pitts as a building block of my rebuild hoping he’s the next Kelce for a decade.

if he’s 75% of Kelce for a decade he’s still untouchable. 

Where's Eli Mitchell's value these days?

Had every single RB carry in week 17.  He's averaged 100 total yards/game this season.  In his last 4 starts, he's gotten 20+ carries each game.  This in spite of Deebo taking touches in the rushing game.  He had 23 touches with Lance as QB this week.  

I know the 49ers have been big on committees--but seems like they really love Mitchell.

Had every single RB carry in week 17.  He's averaged 100 total yards/game this season.  In his last 4 starts, he's gotten 20+ carries each game.  This in spite of Deebo taking touches in the rushing game.  He had 23 touches with Lance as QB this week.  

I know the 49ers have been big on committees--but seems like they really love Mitchell.
looks like a top 15 rb to me, but just know that the carpet can be pulled from under sf rbs at any point in time 

Somewhere around rb15. Love him and only got him in 1 rookie draft out of 6. Not willing to sell high but would love to buy him if he was attainable for a mid first. 

How would you rank these WRs in a dynasty league?

Mike Evans

Tyler Lockett

DeAndre Hopkins

Brandin Cooks

They're all aging assets, & I managed to trade 2 of these 4 this year, but I'll give it a shot:

1. Evans - best opportunity, especially with the injuries to TB receivers, and his HOF QB. He should fetch the highest value

2. Cooks - he's proved to be absolutely QB-proof. This year was the ultimate test, and he somehow still put up monster numbers. 

3. Hopkins - injuries are starting to creep in, and he's the oldest of the bunch, but he still has name-brand recognition & plays in a pass happy offense with a good young QB. Someone will take a chance on a rebound. They'll probably be disappointed, but the value should be there for the seller.  

4. Lockett - maddeningly inconsistent, and Russ situation seems very much in flux. With the future at QB a question mark & his age, and being his own team's WR2, I can't see anyone overpaying for him at this point. 

looks like a top 15 rb to me, but just know that the carpet can be pulled from under sf rbs at any point in time 
That's the concern. He's also 5'10, 200, so not the biggest dude. I'd be weary of overpaying for him, or any SF RB. Also gets vultured by Deebo quite a bit, and coming soon, he'll be vultured by his own QB since Lance is of that "next gen" mold. 

CC: @jm192

Users who are viewing this thread