What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (8 Viewers)

I just took it as good news that the NFL is letting him report to training camp and not putting him on the suspended indefinitely list.
Yeah that's how I see it too. He's a chief and playing this year almost guaranteed unless something else comes out. 

This slow trickle of increasingly positive news leading up to an official announcement (buried going into July 4th weekend, perhaps?) also kinda signals that the NFL is getting people used to the idea that he won't be suspended, or not for long, until that becomes the prevailing thought, leading to less outrage in the media. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay on football or take a break from here. Thanks.
This is a fake football message board right....?....and Hill kinda has some off the field back and forth worthy discussion stuff going on right now that has seen a considerable amount of change of directions over the last 90 days or so......fantasy owners coming in all over the map with opinions for the last 50 pages ..some right....some proven wrong around almost every corner....are we not allowed to discuss those and point them out ...on a message board.?.....sometimes the “keep it to football” needs to have its boundaries extended when people are giving opinions on non football things that affect fantasy football things......its ok to call each other out.on a “fantasy football “message board......this isn’t a preschool playground....if this part of the Tyreek Hill thread needed to be moved to the Free For All Forum or something ...fine....but this is what has been going on with this player for the last 3 months or so....we are all in here trying to give opinions and get info to make decisions based on posts from the other members....its ok to disagree and its ok to point out who has been accurate and who hasn’t.....and to joke around....as long as it is done being “excellent”.... :banned:

One time. 

This is a fake football message board right....?....
General statement not directed at anyone in particular.

This is our Football Message board. 

And on our board we're going to stop being ##### bags to each other with the cute slap fights and told you so's. We're going to keep it where the goal is 100% of what people post is about the player and zero is taking shots or snarky passive aggressive swipes at other posters. 

If that works for people, we'd love for them to continue posting here. 

Full Stop. No discussion on that point. 

Max of 4 games. :lmao:  

NFL is a joke. Just don't get caught on video and they'll :whistle:
I think it depends on what gets uncovered in the investigation. Honestly I think something happened here and I don't buy the lawyers spin on what "you better be scared of me" means (it is their job to create reasonable doubt) but the NFL can only go by what is out there. If there's no smoking gun (like a video tape) what can they really do?

I'll predict six games for now based on the DV standard - but we'll see what the CPS records show - perhaps there's some damning evidence in there because based on what we know the child has still not been returned. On the flip side he could be returned next week.

I know a certain poster that lacks perspective and apparently has difficulty with context mocked my "I'll wait and see what happens" in my last post, but that's all we can do at this point. I traded him away already in dynasty (for a package I'm ok with) and my redraft is two months away. 

Max of 4 games. :lmao:  

NFL is a joke. Just don't get caught on video and they'll :whistle:
Curious, what would your union do if your employer suspended you for something that allagedly happened in your own home - that is not on the job or even on company grounds?

When/if Hill comes back in game 5, I can't help but wonder if he might run across some defenders that will happily take 15 yard penalties to knock him out. He's going to have a huge target on his back. 

Really disappointed with the Chiefs franchise here. This was worse than what Hunt did, and a seemingly zero tolerance precedence had been set, but since its a more valuable player...

When/if Hill comes back in game 5, I can't help but wonder if he might run across some defenders that will happily take 15 yard penalties to knock him out. He's going to have a huge target on his back. 

Really disappointed with the Chiefs franchise here. This was worse than what Hunt did, and a seemingly zero tolerance precedence had been set, but since its a more valuable player...
Lol seems some people never learn. You don't even know what evidence Hill provided. 

This is a big assumption. If the reports coming out are true the probability is that he did nothing wrong in this instance.

Edited to add: I am in no way defending Hill here, simply pointing out the evidence and reports pointing towards the probability of the Chiefs handling this correctly.

This is a big assumption. If the reports coming out are true the probability is that he did nothing wrong in this instance.

Edited to add: I am in no way defending Hill here, simply pointing out the evidence and reports pointing towards the probability of the Chiefs handling this correctly.
going to disagree with you on this, maybe it can't be proven due to lack of evidence and yes we live in America etc. but the Chiefs had a chance to make a strong moral stance and didn't. I'm not saying which way is correct but a lot of people's thinking will be he did it just like people assume OJ killed Nicole

going to disagree with you on this, maybe it can't be proven due to lack of evidence and yes we live in America etc. but the Chiefs had a chance to make a strong moral stance and didn't. I'm not saying which way is correct but a lot of people's thinking will be he did it just like people assume OJ killed Nicole
Fortunately people are not convicted on the merits of public opinion. The Chiefs made a strong moral stance with Hunt and now he's in Cleveland and all anyone is talking about is how Hunt will affect Chubbs stats. The Chiefs chose to wait and see how this case unfolded rather than give away a great "player" to another team for nothing. Right or wrong in the view of public opinion it was the best course of action for the team.

I read minimum of 4 games
Max of 4 per what I'm reading on PFT.

IMO, this is CLASSIC Roger. Actually a brilliant move. He leaks the "max of 4 games" so he can float it through the Twitterverse and calibrate his Outrage-o-Meter. If it comes back low, he sticks to 4. If it comes back and the readings are too high, he ups it a few games. Either way, he delivers the verdict on Friday, July 5.

So you think the other 31 teams wold have released him already..?...IMO they all wold have played this the same way....and as it turns out was probably the prudent play since its starting to look like he maybe didn’t do anything

owners that convicted him before any of the details came out and sold him for nothing or deals they were just ok with are probably pretty bitter right now and probably trying to do some damage control/self justification.....

I initially thought 4-6 .....now thinking 3, because it will seem better than “just two”.....but I wouldn't be surprised if it is zero either...

So you think the other 31 teams wold have released him already..?...IMO they all wold have played this the same way....and as it turns out was probably the prudent play since its starting to look like he maybe didn’t do anything
I'm not saying what the Chiefs did is wrong football wise and to the other responder, same I'm not saying other 31 teams would have done anything different. All I'm saying is even if he isn't technically guilty of anything and just gets 4 games, the kid had a broken arm, kid got removed from the home, Tyreek has a prior history, there is that audio tape showing he still has anger issues, and that is enough to turn off some fans, including me, I  won't draft this guy even though I think he is a great payer, just not going to take the risk of him doing something else at where his ADP will likely wind up

I  won't draft this guy even though I think he is a great payer, just not going to take the risk of him doing something else at where his ADP will likely wind up
I think his ADP will be really interesting to see develop as we near the start of the year, especially in startup drafts.

His startup ADP was 1.9 in February and some had him as the #1 dynasty WR.  If it turns out he did nothing then logically he should still be worth that, but I think emotionally he will drop some because if nothing else this is just a reminder to people of what could happen with a guy like him.  Right now with the rumors looking good for him he's been going 3rd-5th round in recent drafts (a pretty wide range).  It will be interesting to see where he settles in but I doubt people will be willing to spend a 1st on him again until we're at least a year away from this.

owners that convicted him before any of the details came out and sold him for nothing or deals they were just ok with are probably pretty bitter right now and probably trying to do some damage control/self justification.....

I initially thought 4-6 .....now thinking 3, because it will seem better than “just two”.....but I wouldn't be surprised if it is zero either...
Should be zero......

Fortunately people are not convicted on the merits of public opinion. The Chiefs made a strong moral stance with Hunt and now he's in Cleveland and all anyone is talking about is how Hunt will affect Chubbs stats. The Chiefs chose to wait and see how this case unfolded rather than give away a great "player" to another team for nothing. Right or wrong in the view of public opinion it was the best course of action for the team.
...and the only way every NFL-team should operate. It's stupid that players get another chance with some other team, they should be even more committed to a team they were at when something like this happens.

Foosball God said:
Looking forward to hearing the context that makes his comments OK!
To me that's easy. He may have evidence on her that she tried to frame him for the injury, or that she herself broke the child's arm. It sounds like this is way more complex than any of us imagined. If the family was trying to extort him, there's another possibility that she could be "terrified" of him because he has the goods on her (and maybe her relatives). If she broke any laws and he has evidence of it, there's your context for the "terrified" comment.

Again, we don't know what we don't know.

Foosball God said:
Looking forward to hearing the context that makes his comments OK!
It cold be.....If Hill has “dirt” or bad information or whatever you want to call it on her.....his comment could have been she needs to be terrified of him too because he could reveal that dirt/bad info....so its not that she should be terrified of him physically but from what he could maybe say about her (ie abusing the child or something, causing her to lose custody permanently, etc.)....

Glad that makes it OK.
You asked for possible context, I provided what I consider plausible context. Personally, I don't like to assume the worst in people. Children break bones accidentally; I hope that this is the case with Tyreek's son. Even in cases where someone has a history of wrongdoing, I like to think that they are capable of redemption and don't want to automatically think the worst.

kittenmittens said:
Probably a good time to do it for them.  Hill is not in a good negotiating position right now... 

They can also justify clauses that get them out of the deal if anything off the field comes up again. 
I agree but it also says the Chiefs like what happened in that meeting Tyreek had with the NFL. 

Glad that makes it OK.
Man that horse is high......maybe she set him up and cost him 20+ million dollars because he told her their relationship was over. Maybe she knows exactly how to push his buttons and in a moment of weakness he let his emotions get the best of him. 

I know you have never had a moment of weakness where you said something mean you didn't intend to say so it might be hard to relate. I also know that if you are one of the people that already convicted him of everything so you can't let yourself be wrong. All I ask is that you wait until we get more of the story to start calling for his suspension to be more. I know the recording had me shook too but I'm waiting for Tyreeks side of the story to come out. 

Man that horse is high......maybe she set him up and cost him 20+ million dollars because he told her their relationship was over. Maybe she knows exactly how to push his buttons and in a moment of weakness he let his emotions get the best of him. 

I know you have never had a moment of weakness where you said something mean you didn't intend to say so it might be hard to relate. I also know that if you are one of the people that already convicted him of everything so you can't let yourself be wrong. All I ask is that you wait until we get more of the story to start calling for his suspension to be more. I know the recording had me shook too but I'm waiting for Tyreeks side of the story to come out. 
I'm sure it's exactly that.  Dude is a prince among men.  Not sure what all the hubub is about.

While it appears things are trending in the right direction for Tyreek’s playing status, I’m still taking a pessimistic view. Combining his pre-NFL history and the optics of the audiotape, I see him getting 6 minimum. I think the most recent sources are from Hill’s camp, or through the Chiefs via Hill’s camp.

All anyone can do is guess wildly at what the suspension is. Someone will be right, someone will be wrong. Personally I think it is a huge win for him if it six or under. Him coming in at full speed and fresh legs will allow him to have an incredible 12 game stretch or so and that will help the fans start to put this behind them (because that is what most humans do when all the right things are being said and touchdowns are being had). This assuming nothing else comes out.

All anyone can do is guess wildly at what the suspension is. Someone will be right, someone will be wrong. Personally I think it is a huge win for him if it six or under. Him coming in at full speed and fresh legs will allow him to have an incredible 12 game stretch or so and that will help the fans start to put this behind them (because that is what most humans do when all the right things are being said and touchdowns are being had). This assuming nothing else comes out.
This is true but there was one big difference. Guys that were stating he obviously broke his kids arm were attacking anybody and everybody that said "hey lets wait and see the rest of the evidence". They also stated they wouldn't be fans of the KC Chiefs if the Chiefs didn't cut him.  I think we all know what they are going to do when Tyreek Hill scores his first 70 yard TD. 

It cold be.....If Hill has “dirt” or bad information or whatever you want to call it on her.....his comment could have been she needs to be terrified of him too because he could reveal that dirt/bad info....so its not that she should be terrified of him physically but from what he could maybe say about her (ie abusing the child or something, causing her to lose custody permanently, etc.)....
Seems like a major stretch IMO. She’s talking about the son being terrified of him and he responds she should be too. Are we thinking Tyreek meant the son should be terrified of him (Hill) releasing dirt on him ( the 4 year old) as well? 

This is true but there was one big difference. Guys that were stating he obviously broke his kids arm were attacking anybody and everybody that said "hey lets wait and see the rest of the evidence". They also stated they wouldn't be fans of the KC Chiefs if the Chiefs didn't cut him.  I think we all know what they are going to do when Tyreek Hill scores his first 70 yard TD. 
I am speaking about the majority of fans, not particular board members. I really don’t care who is right or wrong on this board, I just try to get useful information. I agree that the majority of fans will have short memories once the touchdowns resume. (Assuming nothing else negative comes out).

Good luck to those who choose to die defending this (Tyreek) hill.

Users who are viewing this thread