Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 56.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ChainsawU

    7353

  • swirvenirvin

    5049

  • lumpy19

    4552

  • facook

    4388

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well dudes, interesting update!  My wife and daughter surprised me today, told me they were a comin home 10 days early and would be here within the hour.  The tumor is now so small that he wants to ho

Home.  Some 40 hours later and the kid is basically back to normal.  Amazing.  She'll move up to Orlando for a few months for the radiation treatment with the Mrssus but for her the scary part is over

Well dudes, we're not sure what is next....but tonight Izzy takes her last chemotherapy treatment.  We'll go up in a few weeks to take a peek in her skull to see 'sup...but for tonight - we celebrate.

7 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

The cardboard cutouts of fans in the stands was a very poor idea. Felt very patronized by that. Felt very condescending, a trait I usually rely on to generate my red flags, help me separate the wheat from the chaff, etc.. once I saw it I avoided MLB games like local news. Wasn't right.

:loco: 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I've also got a bit on Mitch Marner O0.5 goals (+208) but that's mostly to put some extra interest on the Leafs game since I'll be watching.

He's scored in two straight games and is playing an obscene amount of ice - 23:46 is his lowest of the season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 666 one is the nurse I tutored in math and paid for her to get Lasik. The Vegas woman is in global pharma sales and lives two blocks away. Last night, after I put together her new Ikea desk for her and tucked her into bed, I walked home - and on the walk home I bought a fresh lamb burrito. It might've been the world's most perfect night (for a dude). Also, speaking of best nights ever, don't worry I'm not gonna let a 666 dose me. Uno, dos, I'm about to get ghost. From all that nonsense. Amirite? Y'all probably talked about the inauguration after dinner last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChainsawU said:

The 666 one is the nurse I tutored in math and paid for her to get Lasik. The Vegas woman is in global pharma sales and lives two blocks away. Last night, after I put together her new Ikea desk for her and tucked her into bed, I walked home - and on the walk home I bought a fresh lamb burrito. It might've been the world's most perfect night (for a dude). Also, speaking of best nights ever, don't worry I'm not gonna let a 666 dose me. Uno, dos, I'm about to get ghost. From all that nonsense. Amirite? Y'all probably talked about the inauguration after dinner last night.

100% true conversation--

16 year old son: Well Mom, the inauguration was today.

Wife: That's RIGHT!  Did anything terrible happen?

Me: The inauguration was today...

They both laughed, so I did my job.  :shrug:

 

 

FYI: I despise both parties equally, and almost all of those politicians, so please forgive the political humor.  It is not based on preferring one side.

 

Edited by facook
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

Winnipeg -118

Montreal -132

:kicksrock: How do I get instant updates when you guys post so I don’t keep missing these nuggets of wisdom? I don’t see half of these things until the next morning. 

NM, think I got it

Edited by beer 30
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

The 666 one is the nurse I tutored in math and paid for her to get Lasik. The Vegas woman is in global pharma sales and lives two blocks away. Last night, after I put together her new Ikea desk for her and tucked her into bed, I walked home - and on the walk home I bought a fresh lamb burrito. It might've been the world's most perfect night (for a dude). Also, speaking of best nights ever, don't worry I'm not gonna let a 666 dose me. Uno, dos, I'm about to get ghost. From all that nonsense. Amirite? Y'all probably talked about the inauguration after dinner last night.

You ever watch that show on HGTV Bargain Mansions? I was hanging out with my mom a few days ago and was laughing my ### off.

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ex-ghost said:

Any NFL championship weekend props standing out? I'm liking MVS to score at +280 and Rodgers over 2.5 TD at +140.

From a football lens, the Buccaneers have the best run defense in the league. If there were a stat in which analysis starts for this game, it's that (for me).

Weather of course will play a factor. The ####tier the weather, the more I like Tommy Touchdown. Continuing to lean under but love over on attempts.

 

If it's a close game, you're getting a good garbage time drive by one or both QBs. Think ego in this game. That highlights: Brady, Rodgers, Brown, Adams

Edited by CFB Sicko
Link to post
Share on other sites

A glorious day in Michigan as mobile betting starts at noon.  
 

about the Tampa run D - Sunday will be their biggest test. They will be playing in the cold vs a hot offense.  GB will keep them off balance IMO.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of new on line betting, MGM is giving two $50 bets for signing up. Will they allow you to bet both sides of the same game to insure one winner out of it? You only have to bet through it once.  TIA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Speaking of new on line betting, MGM is giving two $50 bets for signing up. Will they allow you to bet both sides of the same game to insure one winner out of it? You only have to bet through it once.  TIA.

 

22 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Speaking of new on line betting, MGM is giving two $50 bets for signing up. Will they allow you to bet both sides of the same game to insure one winner out of it? You only have to bet through it once.  TIA.

Where they get you on the promotion is you have to play 15X thru on your initial deposit before you can cash out.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

 

Where they get you on the promotion is you have to play 15X thru on your initial deposit before you can cash out.  

True on the casino side, but this is what they sent in their email:

 

All players who have registered by today, 1/21/2021, and have had their accounts verified can login to their account and receive their $200 bonus offer, $100 in Free Bets for sports and $100 in FREEPLAY® for casino at 12PM ET Friday 1/22/2021. 

 

To Claim Your Bonuses

Your $100 will be issued as two (2) Free Bets for sports. These Free Bets will be available any time you place a wager on any sport or game and will appear on your screen as a green bar indicating a Free Bet is available. Use your Free Bets before they expire on 1/31/2021. If your Free Bet results in a win you will be credited the full amount of your winnings, but will NOT receive your Free Bet stake as part of your payout. 

Your $100 in casino bonus will be visible in your Promotions tab and eligible to be used on any casino game. Please claim your bonuses before 1/28/2021. Casino Bonus has a 15x wagering requirement which must be completed within 14 days for funds to be withdrawable.  

This is the only New Customer Welcome Offer for which you are eligible as you pre-registered with BetMGM. You must be in Michigan to use these bonuses. 

All bonuses will be available at 12 PM ET on 1/22/2021. Bonuses will not be visible in your BetMGM account before 12 PM ET. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m trying to get the books offerings before noon.  MGM I haven’t got to yet. I’m trying to think it thru if you want to give up half the bonus.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

I’m trying to get the books offerings before noon.  MGM I haven’t got to yet. I’m trying to think it thru if you want to give up half the bonus.  

Since it seems to be just a single bet-through I might just trust myself to not go 0-2. On the casino side I could just bet whatever is closest to even odds. I'm guessing that even after all the minimum bet thrus, they won't let me transfer any winnings to the sports side, which is all I really care about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

:moneybag: :moneybag:

Nice work, thanks for the Habs.  Eased some of the sting from ***6*** goals in the third period of the Bruins.  :lmao: 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Edit to add - and probably the NY Rangers if Jarry is in net for the Penguins.

Jarry in net, adding New York Rangers +128.  

If one of Detroit or the Rangers win, I'm ahead, right :shrug:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Since it seems to be just a single bet-through I might just trust myself to not go 0-2. On the casino side I could just bet whatever is closest to even odds. I'm guessing that even after all the minimum bet thrus, they won't let me transfer any winnings to the sports side, which is all I really care about.

I signed up with DK, FD, MGM, and Barstool Sportsbook (Greektown).  

 

About the Detroit/Chicago game tonight.  I was staying away , may ingame play though.  I know both teams suck, but Chicago also played at TB and Florida.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

I signed up with DK, FD, MGM, and Barstool Sportsbook 

Good luck with MGM, I am having problems with their website. Maybe they want a deposit first, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, cosjobs said:

2021 Super Bowl Squares

$40 squares with $500 per quarter and $2000 for final payouts (If no overtime, final score gets 2500)

You can reserve squares now and payment is due by Jan. 22.

Click the link below to register Then just put in your name, email address, and a password and it'll take you directly to the page to pick your squares. All the details are on the pool page once you put your info in.

http://www.footballsquaresonline.com/game/483685

password MoMoney

Game number 483685

sign in to see participants and PayPal info

 

This is not a shame list (yet). The following have picked squares but not paid. I said you have until 1/22 and you do, I just wanted to do some bookkeeping so its not a cluster at the end

JohnHill
K4
Pack
facook
hack
Gelz
ssilv

 

 

 

Cosjobs is doing a SB squares game over in GMTAN fellas.  Still 25 square left.  Would be fun to have some of you participate if you'd like.  Fine to just pick a square or two if you just want some skin in the game.

Edited by facook
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been messing around with playing DFS on DK and I get the guys that create a player pool and then use a lineup optimizer to generate 100 different lineups.  I can wrap my head around that concept. I have been playing the low stakes double up games and there are guys on there starting 20 of the SAME lineups. They are cashing, but all it would take is one player to under perform and you just lost $40. I mean, I spent 3 hours researching my NBA lineup and watching late injury reports and tinkering with my 3-5 different entries and I felt good--like I placed those bets and told my wife it is going to be a good night. I then proceeded to finish almost dead last in every contest I entered because one or two guys didn't hit their mark.

Couple that with losing all my NBA regular bets (J Grant, COME ON be aware of the clock. We needed that basket and one for us to cash) and last couple nights have been rough. 

Just for all you to fade, I am doing the double up offer DK is running tonight (max $25) betting on McGregor to win. 

Edited by Courtjester
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 8:27 AM, facook said:

Jerami Grant over 23.5 pts

Lamarcus Aldridge under 5.5 rebounds

May be the last time these are playable if they move again.

Grant was 13-0 to the over...I caught about 8 of those.

Lamarcus was like 7-1 under when Derozan played.

Dead.

Edited by facook
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 11:18 AM, Northern Voice said:

I'll also be on Minnesota again if it's Talbot vs. Dubnyk in net.

Edit to add - and probably the NY Rangers if Jarry is in net for the Penguins.

ended up hitting Minnesota last night but missing NYR and DET. I bet 2x on Minnesota but they were the favourites, so came out a bit behind for the night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Exit 1 said:

Anybody mess around with PrizePicks?

Any good leans this weekend for NFL?

I have a PrizePicks account, I signed up on a promo to get a few months of Rotogrinders cheap. To be honest, I prefer any of straight up gambling, props or DK/FD to the PrizePicks format but I still have money in there, so I play every so often.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Courtjester said:

I have been messing around with playing DFS on DK and I get the guys that create a player pool and then use a lineup optimizer to generate 100 different lineups.  I can wrap my head around that concept. I have been playing the low stakes double up games and there are guys on there starting 20 of the SAME lineups. They are cashing, but all it would take is one player to under perform and you just lost $40. I mean, I spent 3 hours researching my NBA lineup and watching late injury reports and tinkering with my 3-5 different entries and I felt good--like I placed those bets and told my wife it is going to be a good night. I then proceeded to finish almost dead last in every contest I entered because one or two guys didn't hit their mark.

Couple that with losing all my NBA regular bets (J Grant, COME ON be aware of the clock. We needed that basket and one for us to cash) and last couple nights have been rough. 

Just for all you to fade, I am doing the double up offer DK is running tonight (max $25) betting on McGregor to win. 

See I told you to fade me......

But in some twist of irony--I won all five of my DFS lineups tonight.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...