What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (3 Viewers)

Sugar of Sufjan's new album. I wasn't high on it after the first listen, but it's really grown on me. Just don't expect Carrie & Lowell.

I've been on the phone with an insurance company for an hour and 15 minutes, mostly listening to some crappy piano tune,

:hot:   :hot:   :hot:   :wall: :rant: :rant:   :rant:

Sorry if this song hs been mentioned before.  I can't say that I know much about this band called "Cannons". Just discovered this song called "Fire for you" battling a bout of insomnia by going through the youtube wormhole.   I listened to it once and now I keep wanting to hit repeat.   If any of you guys knows this band well and can recommend other songs of theirs--I'd appreciate it. In the meantime--here's this one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4HQevc9JE0

the singers voice reminds me a bit of Mazzy Star. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In honor of Columbus Day (or whatever it is or will end up being), I present my favorite comedy bit of all time.

Flip Wilson's 1967 

Christopher Columbus 

I listened to this whole album constantly when I was a kid and once CDs and then You Tube & Spotify became a thing, I spin it up this time every year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean...this is an all time classic imo.
Just busting balls, gb.

Because you apparently lost yours listening to Crow. 

Again...kidding. no beef with her music, even if I'm not a fan per se. My oldest friend dated crows ex (and co or main writer on much of her first album) for a while until he died unexpectedly. He left my friend a percentage of the royalties for one of those songs in his will...paid for a townhouse in brooklyn and has basically kept her afloat 20 years later.

From 1970

The Jaggerz - The Rapper - 45 RPM

Donnie Iris (born Dominic Ierace) (born 1943) is an American rock musician known for his work with the Jaggerz and Wild Cherry during the 1970s, and for his solo career beginning in the 1980s with his band, the Cruisers. He wrote the #2 Billboard hit, "The Rapper", with the Jaggerz in 1970 and was a member of Wild Cherry after the group had a #1 hit with "Play That Funky Music." He also achieved fame as a solo artist in the early 1980s with the #29 hit "Ah! Leah!" and the #37 hit "Love Is Like a Rock."

I'm discovering Mamamoo and finish through all their songs and videos. I might be the only fbg into kpop though. ☹️ 

My new favorite band - W. H. Lung: Second Death of My Face

This has all the 80's feels.  Like Psychedelic Furs crossed with New Order.   I am addicted to this track and the whole album, really.  Got turned onto it from the HBO show Institution.  Which I also recommend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIeObrRNq-M
Their song, inspiration, was one my top tunes the last year or two in my end of year list.

Users who are viewing this thread