What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mitch Trubisky, BUF (3 Viewers)

I laughed when I saw someone picked up and played Trubisky for Brees' bye week.

Guess I should be taking him more seriously! Starting to consider him as a speculative add. Maybe the offense is rounding into form.

I laughed when I saw someone picked up and played Trubisky for Brees' bye week.

Guess I should be taking him more seriously! Starting to consider him as a speculative add. Maybe the offense is rounding into form.
Two great games in a row.  He's sitting at QB5 for the week so far.  He's QB15 for the season.

He's been a strong qb 1 the last three weeks. His opponents were Tampa, Miami, New England. In that time he's averaged 330 passing yards yards, 60 rushing yards, and slightly over 3.5 touchdowns. 

When do we start talking about him maybe being a high end rest of season option? 

He's been a strong qb 1 the last three weeks. His opponents were Tampa, Miami, New England. In that time he's averaged 330 passing yards yards, 60 rushing yards, and slightly over 3.5 touchdowns. 

When do we start talking about him maybe being a high end rest of season option? 
Some of his runs vs. the Pats yesterday were Steve Young-esque. (Fouts was waxing nostalgic with Tarkenton comparisons.) Those rushing points will add up.

I think Mitch kind of has a bit of Bortles Effect going on in that he's right now a subpar NFL QB while being a really good fantasy QB. Luckily he's not as subpar as Bortles and won't be benched for Kessler anytime soon.

I own him in dynasty and in redraft would be looking to target an owner who wants to "sell high" on him.

He's been a strong qb 1 the last three weeks. His opponents were Tampa, Miami, New England. In that time he's averaged 330 passing yards yards, 60 rushing yards, and slightly over 3.5 touchdowns. 

I was going to drop Stafford for him this week and should have to get a win, but alas, a loss for me for hesitating.  He looked horrible throwing, but any picks are negated by his legs.  He got 16pts more than Stafford in my league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitchell Trubisky completed 16-of-29 passes for 220 yards and two touchdown in Chicago's Week 8 win over the Jets.

The stats are misleading — Trubisky got most of his yards on a 70-yard screen against an all-out blitz — but this was another step forward. Trubisky back shouldered Anthony Miller for his second TD. It was a needed win for Chicago after a two-game losing streak. Trubisky now has 13 touchdowns over the last month. He's on the QB2 radar for a Week 9 matchup with Buffalo.

Oct 28 - 4:22 PM

I heard this on a podcast this week.  The best 4 week stretch does not belong to Mahomes or Fitzpatrick but Mitch Trubisky.  The last four game stretch by Mitch is the best stretch by any QB in the NFL so far this year.  Keep it up!

Lot of Trubisky trumpeting today. 

Playable against a MN D with a bye week to rest up? This should be a pretty decent test.

I never was a big believer but may have been wrong. He looks a lot more comfortable and natural at the quarterback position. If he can continue to improve they have the weapons and scheme to be one of the last teams standing at the end of year.

No complaints as a Bears fan. Haven't had a young guy like this for most of my life. McMahon was the last really good Bears qb and it wasn't for long. Hopefully Mitch can do this another 10 or more years. 

kyoun1e said:
Lot of Trubisky trumpeting today. 

Playable against a MN D with a bye week to rest up? This should be a pretty decent test.
It will definitely be a challenge, but he's already played some solid defenses. 

Already posted this in the Bears thread but will post here, too.

Bears Mitchell Trubisky is on pace to become only the second QB ever to pass for 3500+ yards, throw 30+ TDs and run for 600+ yards.

The only other? Cam Newton during his MVP 2015 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000784491/article/mayock-id-be-scared-to-death-to-draft-qb-in-top-10-this-year?campaign=tw-cf-sf55059900-sf55059900&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Mayock: I'd be scared to death to draft QB in top 10 this year

...  "If (Trubisky is) so talented and gifted, and a top-10-type pick, one of the first questions a lot of teams are asking is, why couldn't he beat out Marquise Williams the last couple years at North Carolina? What's the answer to that one?," Mayock said.

...  As tempting as it might be for an NFL club to address the most important position on the field with the best any given draft has to offer, drafting for need over value is reputed to be a bad strategy.

And if the teams needing a quarterback stick to value-based picks early in the draft, the top QBs could slide for a while.
Look at the "expert" Mayock. Guy is a clueless talking head who would've passed on Watson, Mahomes, and Trubisky. Think twice before believing anything the analysts say next year. They know very little. 

I'd like to see a new HC and OC brought in to get this offense going.  They have a QB, RBs, OL and TEs.  Now it's time to get some WRs and with some decent play calling they could have a decent offense.  The defense certainly looks improved.
Exactly what they did

I'm as high on Trubisky as I was on Dak last year. He has nobody around him and he's throwing dimes all over the field. With all the drops he could have had 400+ yards today.

Buy him wherever you can in dynasty leagues before everybody else catches on. He's going to be a stud for the next 15 years. 
Might be onto something here. 

I'm all over this kid. His numbers didn't look all that great last year but he had nothing to work with really. Chicago has done a good job upgrading his receiving options. I see him taking a big step forward and being a top 7ish dynasty QB this time next year. 
Nailed it

Couldn’t agree with you more on each of those statements. I really believe Trubisky is the most underrated player in fantasy, especially dynasty. I don’t think top 7 is a stretch at all - I’d rather have him right now than Watson who seems to be in everyone’s top 4. I’d take him over Wentz too but I realise that would sound crazy to most. I have Goff higher than the consensus as well.

I think the dynasty community is a bit slow to adjust with guys like this who there was no hype over - the groupthink last year was that Trubisky was more of a project, having only started a year in college and the Bears overpayed to trade up for him. There is some hype for the Bears offense and Trubisky by extension but you can tell people don’t really have faith in him. 
Great call

Is he getting to the point that you'd consider starting him every week over Cam, Cousins, Luck, Wentz, Brady, types? In our 4 pt passing TD leagues he's now averaging the 6th most per week at the QB position, more than all those guys I just listed. 

ffmail4me said:
Is he getting to the point that you'd consider starting him every week over Cam, Cousins, Luck, Wentz, Brady, types? In our 4 pt passing TD leagues he's now averaging the 6th most per week at the QB position, more than all those guys I just listed. 
I'm fortunate to have him, Mahomes and Ryan in dynasty. If I had just Mitch & Ryan, I'd definitely platoon them, and Ryan is QB2. So yeah, I'd easily start him over everyone you listed if I liked the matchup.

Benching him this week for R. Wilson. Want floor not ceiling as projected winner by a lot.

Big week for Trub in my mind. If he can outperform against this defense he's probably not leaving my starting lineup.

Schedule looks good: @DET, @NYG, LAR, GB, @SF. Playoff schedule is delicious.

I run with Watson and Mitch.   I might have to ask Sig who he thinks this week and roll with that.  The Minny D is rounding into form and I’m nervous about this one.  Minnesota is a dangerous defense.  

Bears coach Matt Nagy said Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) is "day to day."

ESPN's Adam Schefter just reported the Bears are "optimistic" Trubisky will play on Thanksgiving, but Nagy did not sound as sunny during his press conference. While he ruled out a long-term injury, the coach said Trubisky is "in pain" and unlikely to practice on Tuesday. Trubisky looks legitimately questionable at this point. Chase Daniel is the backup in Chicago.

Source: Brad Biggs on Twitter 

Nov 20 - 1:01 PM

This seems like it's going the wrong way. Hope he doesn't go on IR suddenly like OJ Howard after getting "good news."

Mitchell Trubisky - QB - Bears

The Chicago Tribune reports "plenty of signs" point toward Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) missing Thursday's game against the Lions.

Trubisky was officially "DNP" on Tuesday. Coach Matt Nagy sounded pessimistic at his presser. Were Trubisky to sit, 10th-year pro Chase Daniel would be in line for his first start since 2014. Daniel played for Nagy in Kansas City and raked in $7 million guaranteed last offseason, so Nagy clearly has some level of confidence. It would still be an across-the-board downgrade for every Bears skill player.

Source: Dan Wiederer on Twitter

I said in the Bears thread that Daniel is underrated. He has been running this offense for years and one could argue he knows it much better than Mitch. Getting the ball in the playmakers hands is half the battle. 

We would miss Trub's ability to scramble dearly.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder) is expected to return in Week 13.

Rapoport described the issue as a "one-week injury" and claimed Trubisky likely would have been able to play if Chicago's game would have been on Sunday. Chase Daniel will get the nod against the Lions with Trubisky sidelined.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Nov 22 - 9:21 AM

I said in the Bears thread that Daniel is underrated. He has been running this offense for years and one could argue he knows it much better than Mitch. Getting the ball in the playmakers hands is half the battle. 

We would miss Trub's ability to scramble dearly.
Nice call

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Mitchell Trubisky (doubtful, shoulder) is expected to return Week 14 against the Rams.

Trubisky reportedly looked "fantastic" throwing on the field prior to Sunday's game and should return from his bruised shoulder next week against the Rams. Coming off a sluggish rookie season in 2017, the UNC alum has come into his own this year, breaking out for 20 touchdown passes while also contributing 363 yards and an additional three touchdowns with his legs. With Trubisky out again this week, Chase Daniel will draw another start Sunday against the Giants.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 2 - 10:28 AM

:pickle:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

Bears’ QB Mitchell Trubisky is off Chicago’s injury report and is expected to start Sunday night vs. Rams.

:pickle:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago

Bears’ QB Mitchell Trubisky is off Chicago’s injury report and is expected to start Sunday night vs. Rams.
While this is great; now I have to make the choice again: Mitch or Brees?  It’s been kind of nice not having to decide each week.

Have been holding Trubistky for the matchup this week vs GB and potentially next @SF. Far less confident now.

If Nagy has a brain in his head he plays it more conservative with  that defense of his and rides Howard/Cohen.

Been riding R. Wilson. May be time to ditch the Mitch.

Mitchell Trubisky completed 26-of-43 passes for 303 yards and one touchdown in the Bears' Wild Card loss to the Eagles.

It was Trubisky's first 300-yard game since Week 10. Trubisky tried to throw multiple interceptions, but the Eagles dropped at least two. His touchdown was a strike to Allen Robinson, who beat a DPI penalty and was the star of the offense, hanging a 10-143-1 line. Trubisky played better under first-year coach Matt Nagy, but he is still far too inconsistent and remains the weak point of this squad. Trubisky is what held the Bears back despite a 12-4 record. Trubisky was 26th in PFF's adjusted completion percentage among quarterbacks and 22nd in passer rating. He had some big fantasy days with a six-touchdown Week 4 against the Bucs and several other lofty performances, but the issue remains consistency and decision-making. Trubisky has to take another step forward under Nagy in 2019 if the Bears want to repeat as NFC North champs. Trubisky finishes 2018 going 315-of-477 (66%) for 3,526 yards and 25:12 TD:INT mark, adding 430 yards and three more touchdowns as a runner.

Jan 6 - 8:45 PM

Everyone seems to have written this guy off already. Sure he has some flaws, but the general fantasy sentiment is that he sucks and apparently is the next Blake Bortles. That's a popular narrative that has taken hold and seems awfully lazy to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread