What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mitch Trubisky, BUF (3 Viewers)

This dude should have a permanent clipboard attached to his hands. Does not belong on the field.

Starting him over Jimmy G in one league. Who did I draft? Lance and Fields.

Totally oooooooof.

Love the idea of permanent clipboarding as a punishment for QB ineptitude.

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly believes Steelers QB Mitch Trubisky could be a cap casualty this offseason.​

This was about as predictable a scenario as one could envision when the Steelers signed Trubisky to a two-year, $14.285 million contract last offseason. In addition to bringing in Trubisky, the Steelers also drafted Kenny Pickett in the first round, spelling a short tenure with the Steelers for Trubisky if all went well for the rookie, Pickett. Kaboly notes in his article that Trubisky is unhappy with how things played out for him in 2022, making him one of the more likely cap casualties on the team. The Steelers can save $8 million against the cap if Trubisky is released, but will likely need to sign a veteran replacement with Mason Rudolph also likely to move on.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Feb 6, 2023, 11:46 AM ET

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly believes Steelers QB Mitch Trubisky could be a cap casualty this offseason.​

This was about as predictable a scenario as one could envision when the Steelers signed Trubisky to a two-year, $14.285 million contract last offseason. In addition to bringing in Trubisky, the Steelers also drafted Kenny Pickett in the first round, spelling a short tenure with the Steelers for Trubisky if all went well for the rookie, Pickett. Kaboly notes in his article that Trubisky is unhappy with how things played out for him in 2022, making him one of the more likely cap casualties on the team. The Steelers can save $8 million against the cap if Trubisky is released, but will likely need to sign a veteran replacement with Mason Rudolph also likely to move on.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Feb 6, 2023, 11:46 AM ET
Makes no sense to me. He should have trade value if they want to move on, but they have 1 QB on the roster if they cut him. You won't save much once you go sign a free agent backup. Pickett is clearly a guy at risk to miss time.

Steelers GM Omar Khan said Mitch Trubisky has been "awesome" and that he could envision Trubisky with the Steelers beyond the 2023 season.​

The last blurb we have on Trubisky is about him being a possible cap casualty, so of course the Steelers GM is now praising him lavishly. It's possible to interpret this as a thought of an extension that simultaneously lowers Trubisky's cap hit for 2023 and keeps him on board longer as the backup. It's also possible that it's just Nice Talk About The Guys On Our Team Hour at the combine. Trubisky will clearly be a backup behind Kenny Pickett if he stays in Pittsburgh.
SOURCE: Ray Fittipaldo on Twitter
Feb 28, 2023, 4:58 PM ET

Worse than I could have possibly imagined. Somehow the Steelers are still in the hunt and Rudolph better be the QB next game.

Worse than I could have possibly imagined. Somehow the Steelers are still in the hunt and Rudolph better be the QB next game.

In the hunt for... ?
The playoffs. :lol:
Steelers don't hunt for just the playoffs. That's not the standard.
Since when?

I assume you're kidding. Since the 1970s... Steelers don't go about business "hoping to make the playoffs"... that's for Cleveland, Detroit, Carolina, others.

In the hunt for... ?
It’s been a long time since they were a legit threat to win a superbowl. The standard has changed.

Really? I have been a Steelers fan my entire life dating back to early 70s... pretty much know if they've got something going into a season. Been through enough "we don't have a QB" years to be able to see that clearly. They aren't going anywhere with these current QBs. Long dry spells between Bradshaw and Big Ben. That's just how it goes.

In the hunt for... ?
Since when?

I assume you're kidding. Since the 1970s... Steelers don't go about business "hoping to make the playoffs"... that's for Cleveland, Detroit, Carolina, others.
It's 2023 not 50 years ago. Those days long gone.
I'd say drafting a non starting QB in the first round is the complete opposite of standard of winning SB.

In the hunt for... ?
It’s been a long time since they were a legit threat to win a superbowl. The standard has changed.

Really? I have been a Steelers fan my entire life dating back to early 70s... pretty much know if they've got something going into a season. Been through enough "we don't have a QB" years to be able to see that clearly. They aren't going anywhere with these current QBs. Long dry spells between Bradshaw and Big Ben. That's just how it goes.
Oiler fan since the 70s and agree Pickett and Mitch shouldn't even be in the NFL let alone start a game for a team.

I’m not sure if he’s capable of playing better. He was way worse than i could have imagined. The Steelers should bench him.

Imma hold in SF dynasty. Josh Allen seems like he’s due to miss a 5-7 game stretch.

Not making a prediction, but he seems like a higher risk QB than most with the hits he takes/delivers.

Smart man. Get a nice pay check and doesn’t have to do anything except carry a clipboard and worry about where to go eat after the game.

Users who are viewing this thread