What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (36 Viewers)

The San Francisco 49ers traded the No. 2 overall pick to the Chicago Bears for the No. 3 overall pick, the No. 67th pick (third round), No. 111th pick (fourth round) and a 2018 third-round pick
This GM should be fired. 

SF taking Solomon Thomas is salt on the wound for Pace.  They would have taken him at 2, and Trubiskey would still have been available.   Pace was bullied into this move ?.   Kudos to Lynch...

Why are the Bears always on the wrong side of these trades? And if you were going to do this, why did you pay Glennon so much money? Just did something sooooooooo stupid.

My guess is that they really felt that Cleveland was going to trade up to get Trubisky. That, and they also probably feel many QBs won't go in the first round and they could recoup some picks by trading down in the second. F they can do that tomorrow, this might not be so bad.

Why are the Bears always on the wrong side of these trades? And if you were going to do this, why did you pay Glennon so much money? Just did something sooooooooo stupid.
It's actually not a lot of money. It's basically a one year deal and know Trubiskey needs a year anyway. If Glennon works out, it's a good problem to have.

Absolutely hate the move they made. I hope they have some grand scheme to gain some picks back during the rest of the draft. 

So get this. My friend is at cork and Kerry's where 670 the score is hosting. Apparently 670 staff told him that it is possible Bears trade Trubisky to the Browns

I'm of the mind that if you're in love with a qb, no problem going to get him. BUT, I had Watson well above this guy and knowing we could have taken him at 3 and kept those other picks is really frustrating to me. 

So get this. My friend is at cork and Kerry's where 670 the score is hosting. Apparently 670 staff told him that it is possible Bears trade Trubisky to the Browns
Ok another update. Apparently Cleveland trying to trade for Kirk Cousins. But I think this is from Ian Rapoports Twitter 

Yeah, but the Bears will end up trading Trubisky and the rest of their picks to the Browns for a bag o beans. 

My guess is that they really felt that Cleveland was going to trade up to get Trubisky. That, and they also probably feel many QBs won't go in the first round and they could recoup some picks by trading down in the second. F they can do that tomorrow, this might not be so bad.
Starting to lean this way too although I did not want them to reach for a QB. Which they did and then some. Can only hope it works out. Just need to see how it plays out I guess. 

I'm of the mind that if you're in love with a qb, no problem going to get him. BUT, I had Watson well above this guy and knowing we could have taken him at 3 and kept those other picks is really frustrating to me. 
:goodposting:

Trubisky was NOT the top QB on my draft board. Cade McNown all over again

Usual over reaction by fans.  If he pans out, the trade was a steal.  Nobody knows if he would have been available later - it only takes one other team to ruin your plans - like the bears just did to the browns.

Just think of all the fans that didn't want the Bears to reach for a QB with the 3rd overall pick. It's just a big kick in the crotch for then. 

Usual over reaction by fans.  If he pans out, the trade was a steal.  Nobody knows if he would have been available later - it only takes one other team to ruin your plans - like the bears just did to the browns.
I wouldn't say it much of an overreaction. Will depend on how the rest of the draft goes. 

So far they gave up much needed picks to take a QB that was not the consensus top player at his position. 

My god, you're right. Perhaps we shoould all take some time to consider that insight.
Here's your insight - you guys are pretending your smarter than the professionals all because you came in 3rd in your fantasy league.  You may not love the pick but Pace and crew saw something in him.  

It's not the pick, I like he gutsy call to take Trubisky. We wanted a splash and we got one. It's just what they gave up. 
It's 2 3rd rounders and a 4th. Not like they gave up multiple first round picks or anything. Not the guy I would've taken but I'm fine with being aggressive going after your franchise qb. If it works out, no one will care how much they gave up. If they took him at 3 and he failed, it would be the same outcome.

It's 2 3rd rounders and a 4th. Not like they gave up multiple first round picks or anything. Not the guy I would've taken but I'm fine with being aggressive going after your franchise qb. If it works out, no one will care how much they gave up. If they took him at 3 and he failed, it would be the same outcome.
If they don't gain any more picks the. They will only have 4 more left. How the hell are they going to fill all the needs they have with so few picks?

If they don't gain any more picks the. They will only have 4 more left. How the hell are they going to fill all the needs they have with so few picks?
As we did earlier in this thread, we'll see this differently. Mid-round picks are meaningless when compared to a franchise qb. 

Wasn't multiple first rounders. Those picks don't amount to much compared to a franchise qb
Once upon a time I was at an amusement park with John Fox.  I was first in line and he was second.  There were two seats left on the ride so I got Fox to give me his season passes to swap spots in line.

Here's your insight - you guys are pretending your smarter than the professionals all because you came in 3rd in your fantasy league.  You may not love the pick but Pace and crew saw something in him.  
Zero issues with taking Trubisky. My issue is with giving away picks that a extremely valuable to them. I know there is still a lot of draft left so I won't freak out but so far I'm not impressed with their start. 

Once upon a time I was at an amusement park with John Fox.  I was first in line and he was second.  There were two seats left on the ride so I got Fox to give me his season passes to swap spots in line.
What in the blue hell does this even mean? 

As we did earlier in this thread, we'll see this differently. Mid-round picks are meaningless when compared to a franchise qb. 
IF he is a franchise QB. I think we all know how valuable mid round picks can be. They've been the Bear's most successful picks lately. 

Users who are viewing this thread