What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** Poles is playing 5D chess! (9 Viewers)

I'm not sure what previous nightmare I should compare this pick to, the little RB out of Northern Ill, or the guy who could jump out of the pool (I know different position, but similar freak viral video thing)

Cohen's nickname is the human joystick. He is tiny, 5'6", 179. Quick and elusive, ran a 4.45 forty. I would have preferred Jeremy McNichols for that role.

Since Hester left, Bears have averaged 7.2 yards per punt return, 1 TD. Last year, Eddie Jackson averaged 23 yds on 11 returns and had 2 TDs

They will only be able to sit on a #2 picks salary for so long. If Glennon is that good, then why did we need to pick a rookie QB at #2.  What Pace did was set himself up to be wrong. Either in free agency or the draft (or both)

Glennon will start. If the bEars are even remotely in a playoff hunt, he will continue to start. Once the Bears are out of it, Trubisky may get a chance, depending on how he's progressing. 

The Bears have added some nice players that should lead them to a Championship.  Unfortunately, it's a Div II Championship. 

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
This is awesome.  The offense has been abysmal for years and never explosive. Defense was average last year. Pace goes heavy on explosive offensive players and a qb in draft, while signing a qb to start this year in FA. It's a new day, fellas! No more dull, hopeless, boring offense. 

This is awesome.  The offense has been abysmal for years and never explosive. Defense was average last year. Pace goes heavy on explosive offensive players and a qb in draft, while signing a qb to start this year in FA. It's a new day, fellas! No more dull, hopeless, boring offense. 
He certainly made it a little more exciting.  Lets hope these moves work out.

You come out of what's perceived as a failed Free Agency period with your 'highlights' being a QB and a TE, so what do you do with your first 2 picks? Draft a QB and a TE.

Now an oft-injured safety that, when he actually got on the field, likely benefited from all of the Crimson Tide talent around him and a guy that's as big as I was in 7th grade who plays the position you're deepest at. 

:tfp:

Yeah, I didn't get the pick of damaged goods Jackson.  At least he's a supposed ballhawk and can return punts.

I wouldn't say that yet. Cohen is explosive. I think that Shaheen is two years from being productive. They have very, very questionable WRs. I think this will remain a conservative offense this year. I think they are a running team with Howard dominating carries and Cohen mixed in as a pass catching back.

Surprised Kaaya and Peterman are still available. 

Desmond King possible next pick for the Bears? I think he's still out there.

I wouldn't say that yet. Cohen is explosive. I think that Shaheen is two years from being productive. They have very, very questionable WRs. I think this will remain a conservative offense this year. I think they are a running team with Howard dominating carries and Cohen mixed in as a pass catching back.
I was speaking more about the future, but yes, Howard should be carrying the offense for a while. 

Boy CBS sports doesn't like the Bears draft. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CHI

Mitchell Trubisky | QBNorth CarolinaHeight: 6-3   Weight: 220Why give up so much to get this guy? It makes no sense. Is he Tom Brady all of the sudden? Bad move. Grade D

Adam Shaheen | TEAshlandHeight: 6-5   Weight: 277They are a team that needs weapons, and this kid is a player the scouts really liked. But they had other pressing needs. Grade C-

Eddie Jackson | SSAlabamaHeight: 6-0   Weight: 201A four-year starter with the ability to develop into a single high safety with return ability. Has durability concerns after tearing his ACL in 2015 and fracturing his leg in 2016. Grade C+

Tarik Cohen | RBNorth Carolina A&THeight: 5-6   Weight: 179Tiny at 5-foot-6 and 179 pounds, Cohen is a scatback type of runner who can help as a returner right away. Could maybe be used sparingly as a Darren Sproles-like change-of-pace runner. A little early for him. Grade D+

Boy CBS sports doesn't like the Bears draft. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/CHI

Mitchell Trubisky | QBNorth CarolinaHeight: 6-3   Weight: 220Why give up so much to get this guy? It makes no sense. Is he Tom Brady all of the sudden? Bad move. Grade D

Adam Shaheen | TEAshlandHeight: 6-5   Weight: 277They are a team that needs weapons, and this kid is a player the scouts really liked. But they had other pressing needs. Grade C-

Eddie Jackson | SSAlabamaHeight: 6-0   Weight: 201A four-year starter with the ability to develop into a single high safety with return ability. Has durability concerns after tearing his ACL in 2015 and fracturing his leg in 2016. Grade C+

Tarik Cohen | RBNorth Carolina A&THeight: 5-6   Weight: 179Tiny at 5-foot-6 and 179 pounds, Cohen is a scatback type of runner who can help as a returner right away. Could maybe be used sparingly as a Darren Sproles-like change-of-pace runner. A little early for him. Grade D+
Great news 

As I thought Kizer was available at the Bears pick. So they could have either taken a really good defensive player, or traded back and still got a very good defensive player. You could of traded back and gotten Jonathan Allen or Malik Hooker in the first. Could have taken Kizer in the second. Possibly could have gotten Jordan Willis in the third, a really good edge rusher. We will see if Trubisky has a better career than Kizer.

As I thought Kizer was available at the Bears pick. So they could have either taken a really good defensive player, or traded back and still got a very good defensive player. You could of traded back and gotten Jonathan Allen or Malik Hooker in the first. Could have taken Kizer in the second. Possibly could have gotten Jordan Willis in the third, a really good edge rusher. We will see if Trubisky has a better career than Kizer.
Not a fair comparison. Kizer went where all QB's go to die. 

I'm OK with this pick in the 5th round. He may develop into a good LT. But, I still have concerns with taking guys that look great against Division II talent. It's ok to gamble on them in the later rounds. 
I thought he was a guard. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Outside of getting a qb, I can't say this draft is anything to get excited about. Pace has taken a lot of chances. Hope it works out. 

Interesting that you take a guy who played guard in a division II program and try to convert him to tackle. 
He played tackle in D2. Draft people think he's too short to play tackle, so he was listed at guard for the draft. (at least that's what I've been reading. But there isn't a lot of pub on him. 

If they drafted him to be a guard, then I'm curious how the 2017 line is going to look. And probably will be even less excited about the pick. 

If Pace is focused on building the offense to support the qb, that's all that will matter in the end. A top 5 defense with garbage on offense means a .500 team at best.  A franchise qb with weapons around him means playoffs. 

Ok, just a played a little "if I were Pace" for the first 3 rounds. Based on what was available we would've been coming into today with:

1 Deshaun Watson, QB

2 Marcus Maye, S

3 Chris Godwin, WR

A couple weeks ago, Kiper and McShay said they preferred dobbs and Peterman in the second round than the 1st rounders.  Oooooof!! 

About a month ago Pat Kirwin said Houston would be thanking their lucky stars if Nathan Peterman fell to 25.  Still hasn't been drafted! 

All talking heads that don't know ####. 

A couple weeks ago, Kiper and McShay said they preferred dobbs and Peterman in the second round than the 1st rounders.  Oooooof!! 

About a month ago Pat Kirwin said Houston would be thanking their lucky stars if Nathan Peterman fell to 25.  Still hasn't been drafted! 

All talking heads that don't know ####. 
Thats BS.  Its what they do for a living.  They are much more on point than not.

After scanning your draft after the MT debacle it looks as if you guys will be in the top 5 again.

Thats BS.  Its what they do for a living.  They are much more on point than not.

After scanning your draft after the MT debacle it looks as if you guys will be in the top 5 again.
Uh, no they're not. I could go for days on dumb stuff they have said.  Two weeks ago, McShay said no qbs would go in the first round.  You can believe everything they say because "it's what they do for a living," I'll think for myself and follow the folks who actually know what they're talking about. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• ZWK