What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (15 Viewers)

ren hoek said:
Oh, sorry.  The DNC election rigging thing actually happened.  The source and methods of the leaks are still unproven.  The IRA social media ads are a joke and shouldn't have been taken seriously in the first place.  I wouldn't try to excuse the hack if I believed they actually did it (although I would still find much of the anger misplaced).  
You're funny sometimes.  Not like "ha-ha" funny, but still.

:lmao: :lmao:

Judge denies Manafort's request to stay put:

Manafort’s attorneys expressed concerns later Tuesday that moving him from Northern Neck Regional Jail to Alexandria would put their client’s safety in jeopardy. Ellis’ response? Don’t worry, they know how to handle terrorists (foreign and domestic), traitors and spies

oops....

Manafort’s attorneys expressed concerns later Tuesday that moving him from Northern Neck Regional Jail to Alexandria would put their client’s safety in jeopardy. Ellis’ response? Don’t worry, they know how to handle terrorists (foreign and domestic), traitors and spies

oops....
This is the problem with playing games with the judge.

Not only is the judge usually better at it, she gets to make up the rules.

oops....
This is the judge Trumpites believed would magically vindicate Manafort.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking how the "No puppet, you're the puppet!" line applied to Green Day's American Idiot basically perfectly encapsulates the current problems with this country.  

Kind of sad, really.

I've been spending a lot of time thinking how the "No puppet, you're the puppet!" line applied to Green Day's American Idiot basically perfectly encapsulates the current problems with this country.  

Kind of sad, really.
Sieg Heil to the president Gasman?

Yes. I've only got experience on the state level, so it might be a little different. But when you want to prosecute a guy in state court and he's got some sort of federal hold or is in federal custody, you have to do a writ. That's even true if he's being held in a local jail, which happens literally all the time. Example: you could have Defendant A in Big City Jail being prosecuted by Big City prosecutors. Even if Big City Jail is 10 feet away from the courthouse, you cannot bring him to court without this sort of writ.

It looks like this is just the federal version of that. Is the jail Manafort got moved to a state or city jail? If so, that totally makes sense that the federal marshals would have to have a writ to move him from the state facility. This writ is a true nothingburger.

Yes. I've only got experience on the state level, so it might be a little different. But when you want to prosecute a guy in state court and he's got some sort of federal hold or is in federal custody, you have to do a writ. That's even true if he's being held in a local jail, which happens literally all the time. Example: you could have Defendant A in Big City Jail being prosecuted by Big City prosecutors. Even if Big City Jail is 10 feet away from the courthouse, you cannot bring him to court without this sort of writ.

It looks like this is just the federal version of that. Is the jail Manafort got moved to a state or city jail? If so, that totally makes sense that the federal marshals would have to have a writ to move him from the state facility. This writ is a true nothingburger.
I’m on the fence.  This is an inmate in a federal facility within the jurisdiction of EDVa being transferred to another federal facility within the jurisdiction of EDVa for trial at EDVa.   Seems to me this has a bit of a “you will appear or we will try you in absentia” vibe. 

More fuel for the "Stupid Watergate" file.

How in the wide world of sports does a jail detainee believe communications aren't monitored?
It’s a fair question to ask which is greater - the magnitude of the treasons this group committed against our country or the massive ignorance of those who did it.

More fuel for the "Stupid Watergate" file.

How in the wide world of sports does a jail detainee believe communications aren't monitored?
If there was any justice in the world, inmates would be warned at the beginning of every call that their communications are monitored. 

Oh, wait. That’s exactly what happens. But it is sort of a hallmark of the experienced criminal to use code or not discuss stuff over the phone because some prosecutors pull those calls. Stupid Watergate is fitting. 

If there was any justice in the world, inmates would be warned at the beginning of every call that their communications are monitored. 

Oh, wait. That’s exactly what happens. But it is sort of a hallmark of the experienced criminal to use code or not discuss stuff over the phone because some prosecutors pull those calls. Stupid Watergate is fitting. 
Yeah, but that’s like “this call may be monitored for quality assurance” right? I mean, nobody actually does that.  Right?

One of the most enduring and curious arguments put forth by Trump defenders is that, if Mueller were to conduct a similar investigation into past presidential candidates, he would have found equivalent wrongdoings. Really? Hillary and John McCain and Al Gore and W and O and Willy Clinton all had substantial personal business dealings with the world's largest kleptocracy? 

One of the most enduring and curious arguments put forth by Trump defenders is that, if Mueller were to conduct a similar investigation into past presidential candidates, he would have found equivalent wrongdoings. Really? Hillary and John McCain and Al Gore and W and O and Willy Clinton all had substantial personal business dealings with the world's largest kleptocracy? 
Yes.

Tonight On Hannity

Someone really should investigate Hillary.

Hillary did. This whole Trump-Russia thing actually started because of Hillary’s connection to Russia. Specifically, George Papadopoulos said in a London pub that the Russians had thousands of documents about Hillary. Why were Hillary and Russia exchanging so many documents? (Actual argument I encountered in person a few days ago.)

Tonight on Hannity:  Trump does business with Russia, yes.  But Hillary is IN BED with them!  How their interference in the 2016 election actually saved us from them, an exclusive this evening at 8pm!

Committee hearings should do away with opening statements by members. Such a waste of time.
Senator Mope: How dare you transgress on my right to bloviate beyond all recognition in order to garner as much facetime as the opportunity affords so that I may show myself to be a person of vast empty rhetoric in lieu of actual intellect but which also shines a light on my appearance of doing important work while simultaneously obfuscating any and all points of truthfulness or impactfulness regarding whatever issue the prevailing political winds deem somehow of import.  You, Sir, are a Cad! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodlatte looks like he keeps naked dolls in his glove compartment.

He also just incorrectly publicly told Strzok he was there under subpoena (he's not) and is grandstanding about Strzok not answering a question FBI counsel have told him not to answer. This isn't stupid at all.
Goodlatte is screwing this up, badly.

Oh this hearing is gonna get nasty. He pretty much said that if he was actually politically biased he could have leaked the investigation and sunk the campaign. Then he said that the hearing is helping Putin achieve the division he wants. He’s right on both points and that’s not gonna go over well with the committee.

Oh this hearing is gonna get nasty. He pretty much said that if he was actually politically biased he could have leaked the investigation and sunk the campaign. Then he said that the hearing is helping Putin achieve the division he wants. He’s right on both points and that’s not gonna go over well with the committee.
Is this streaming anywhere?  I did a quick search of CNN but didn't see a link to live coverage.

This guy should be Trump’s BFF. Instead they’re trying to demonize him. 

Users who are viewing this thread