Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn

Lots to unpack with the conspiracy theory the Trumps are using but one of my favorites is how all these people were lined up to stop Trump from winning the election and all of them went out of their to actively not use any of the information they had to ... you know ... stop Trump from winning the election. 

That and everybody's a liar except Donald Trump.

Edited by packersfan
  • Like 1
  • Replies 116.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• Sinn Fein

• packersfan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually don't.  And I've made my feelings on that clear for many, many months.  I don't believe there should be any requirement for investigators to like the people they're investigating.  I don't

The defense being put forth by Trump Levin Dershowitz and our own house Gary Johnson supporters is that a candidate can give unlimited funds to his own campaign.  Therefore Trump can pay off the women

My whole office is almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.  The managing partner of my firm just had to use an inhaler to breathe.

4 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Ahhh we're back to Hillary's working for the Russians again? 

I loved the Obama's a Russian asset twist. Gotta give the boys some props for that one.  

George Soros funded, overseen by Nancy Pelosi, and with sexual advances towards Monica Lewinsky. Amirite?

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

The report that stated Strzok was biased and that McCabe lied and one was removed and one was fired from the FBI?

Do you honestly think there is anyone who isn't biased one way or another when it comes to Trump?

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Phil Elliott said:

He has been answering the questions. He has indicated several times the FBI has advised him to not talk about certain questions but the FBI has then indicated during the day he can answer the questions. GOP thinks he’s lying, Dems say there are other critical issues they should be addressing.

Now add public hearing televised...imagine script of reality show and you get a circus by everyone.

2 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Do you honestly think there is anyone who isn't biased one way or another when it comes to Trump?

I forget which Dem brought it up, but it was asked why the Reps are exposing all of the Dem donors within the FBI, but don't expose the GOP donors.  I wonder how many GOP donors are working on the investigation?  Should they be exposed and removed for bias?

6 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

The report that stated Strzok was biased and that McCabe lied and one was removed and one was fired from the FBI?

No the one that stated biased texts or not his actions effecting the investigation were absolutely in line with expectations and the investigation was handled properly.  Thus there was no bias.  

• Like 2
Just now, Amused to Death said:

I forget which Dem brought it up, but it was asked why the Reps are exposing all of the Dem donors within the FBI, but don't expose the GOP donors.  I wonder how many GOP donors are working on the investigation?  Should they be exposed and removed for bias?

The guy who read all the quotes from the Republicans who disavowed Trump was great.

You'll see that on FOXNews tonight so no worries if you missed it live.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, packersfan said:

I know nothing about this Nelly Orr but guessing she's a Clinton friend or something? 

Strzok testified about Nelly today.  He was like, good gracious that ### is bodacious, flirtatious, trying to show faces, waiting for the right time to shoot his steez, you know.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

There are two kinds of Trump supporters:  

Billionaires and people that have been conned.

Some of you need to check your bank accounts.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Don't Noonan said:

timeout for what?  I am doing nothing wrong.  Not sure what you are talking about.

I'm way behind in this thread, but please DO NOT manipulate other people's posts when you quote them.

If you do a "FYP" thing, use the strikeout font to indicate which words were deleted or changed, and if it's not completely obvious from context, use underline or italic or bold font for anything added.

This rule is actually serious business.

• Like 10
35 minutes ago, packersfan said:

The Trump Party really wants Jim Jordan to become a star.

Sure hope there's nothing in his past that could derail this plan. 

And every time he talks he looks less and less intelligent.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, T-shirt Ninja said:

There are two kinds of Trump supporters:  

Billionaires and people that have been conned.

Some of you need to check your bank accounts.

3 minutes ago, Weebs210 said:

Yeah no.

Weebs is right.   There are also racists, fascists, white supremacists, Russians, dictators, and people who want to join the Space Force.   

• Like 2

It'd be nice if just one Republican came across as an independent thinker with reasonable questions who hasn't swallowed the cult Kool-Aid. Just one.

But all of them are chugging from it like a college freshman at his first kegger. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, packersfan said:

The guy who read all the quotes from the Republicans who disavowed Trump was great.

You'll see that on FOXNews tonight so no worries if you missed it live.

Curious --we're names mentioned? or just quotes?

Anyhow, today was good for Trump. We're wasting our time talking about this guy, who is not part of the investigation. Just his being in the news makes people who aren't paying attention suspicious of Mueller's investigation- which of course is the whole game plan.  We're not talking about Russia.

7 minutes ago, JIslander said:

Curious --we're names mentioned? or just quotes?

“You’re under oath, I want you to say yes or no,” Connolly told Strzok during the hearing. “The following email: ’Character matters, @RealDonaldTrump is obviously not going to win but he can still make an honorable move, step aside and let someone else try.′ Did you write that email?”

“I don’t believe I did,” Strzok replied.

“No, you didn’t,” Connolly said. “Republican senator Ben Sasse wrote that email. Another unforgivable sin, he should be here as well apparently.”

Connolly didn’t stop there.

″‘My wife Julia and I, we have a 15-year-old daughter,’” Connolly read. “‘Do you think I can look her in the eye and tell her that I endorse Donald Trump when he acts like this and his apology ― that was no apology, that was an apology for getting caught. I can’t tell the good people of my state that I endorse a person who acts like that.’ Was that you, Mr. Strzok?”

“No sir,” Strzok said.

“No it wasn’t,” Connolly said. “It was Republican Jason Chaffetz, former chairman of my committee.”

Connolly continued to point out the hypocrisy by reading out tweets and statements from other Republican lawmakers before Trump was president, including: Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.), Rep. Barbra Comstock (R-Va.), Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-Ala.), Rep. Martha Roby (R-Ala.) Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah).

“So it sounds like when you were writing these emails in the heat of the campaign, you had a lot of company on the Republican side of the aisle,” Connolly told Strzok. “And now you’re an orphan. I wonder what happened?”

• Like 14
28 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

I just watched this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WecCeTs4e-8

talk about unhinged. Holy crap what was this Gohmert talking about, referring to, trying for a Gotcha moment. Texas has not been represented well today.

Strzok trying not to laugh. It's tough.

But this is also show trial stuff, which is weird and scary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1MhnhzYuQ

Sums up the Republican Witch Hunt against any and all intelligence agencies. Truly shameful the Republicans "believe" one person, Trump, over hundreds, possibly thousands, of intelligence officers around the globe. Republicans can attempt to demolish the FBI all they want, but are Republicans ready to fight the battle of discrediting each intelligence agency in England, Spain, France, Belgium, Ivory Coast, Peru, Samoa, etc.? These actions should be intolerable... from everybody.

1 hour ago, Weebs210 said:

What? You do realize the liberal media isn't the whole country right?

Are you really contending that ordinary citizens in the public weren't talking about impeachment at the time? They were. We were. On tv, in the streets, on forums, at dinner tables. You may be oblivious to this but canning Comey immediately set off impeachment talk.

And until Trump talks with Mueller the obstruction investigation can't be wrapped up, the report can't be issued and the impeachment issue will not be resolved until all that happens.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

This thing with Goodlatte yelling and badgering Strzok about adhering to instruction from FBI counsel to not talk about teh active investigation was really pathetic. Again, show-trialish.

Strzok's Hillary like smirk was worse

33 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm way behind in this thread, but please DO NOT manipulate other people's posts when you quote them.

If you do a "FYP" thing, use the strikeout font to indicate which words were deleted or changed, and if it's not completely obvious from context, use underline or italic or bold font for anything added.

This rule is actually serious business.

Gotcha.  Looks like there are quite a few others guilty of this today as well.  Will do.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Mario Kart said:

talk about unhinged. Holy crap what was this Gohmert talking about, referring to, trying for a Gotcha moment. Texas has not been represented well today.

I’ve said it before on this board many times.  There’s nothing worse than Louie Gohmert....nothing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mario Kart said:

Gohmert just babbling then pissed when the witness tries to respond.

22 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Are you really contending that ordinary citizens in the public weren't talking about impeachment at the time? They were. We were. On tv, in the streets, on forums, at dinner tables. You may be oblivious to this but canning Comey immediately set off impeachment talk.

And until Trump talks with Mueller the obstruction investigation can't be wrapped up, the report can't be issued and the impeachment issue will not be resolved until all that happens.

I'll admit Liberals were discussing it. The other half of the country on the other hand? No, no we were not.

• Like 1