What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (10 Viewers)

All the results of the investigation are ‘fruit of the poison tree’ and should be dismissed.”
Yaknow, Rudy, this is suggesting that there is evidence against Trump, it’s just that this is an argument which says that evidence should be thrown out because it was improperly gathered.

@TobiasFunke If they are dumb enough to make such damning text messages on their FBI phone it's hard to trust his judgement either way. Last I checked the punishment against employees of the FBI who leak are more severe then a citizen leaker. 
Sure, but the punishments for treason or seditious conspiracy under 18 USC Chap 115 are far more significant than any punishment for leaking. 

And I'm not sure I grasp your argument here anyway.  No matter how dumb anyone might be, if they have a problem they can solve by either making a phone call or by participating in an elaborate conspiracy that may or may not actually solve the problem, they're gonna make the phone call. Do you really think someone could be intelligent enough to function and still be dumb enough to choose the latter over the former?

It has now been about 12 hours. I initially asked for any evidence to your assertions above. You have neglected to provide any thing of substance nor have you even addressed the initial quote by you above. It appears you are not faithfully looking for any kind of discussion but rather some hit-and-run, antagonistic, type posting for some reason. I do not know what that reason is but the result does not bode well for you, in the long run. It is unfortunate when someone is seeking a discussion/debate and many like you simply do not engage, for whatever reason, how is it possible to move forward when you are always looking to rewind. I truly hope the best for you although if you keep on this path, your life will be unfulfilled and filled with hate. Change now, for the better of yourself and humanity.
Not sure who you think you are that I have to respond to you at all much less within a time limit? My initial post was a response to someone with similar views on the situation then I get the swarm of trolls coming after me. You are one of the many that have spent years venting about Trump with biased views I’m not interested in wasting time trying to convince otherwise. I have no desire wasting the time, but am just as entitled to post in here as the circus of hatred you all put on so just go ahead and move on. You regurgitate the same hate in a different thread on a regular basis, I don’t have the time in the day to argue with you and the 30 or so others that do the same. Have fun. 

Not asking you to... asking you to apply some logic.  You’re saying there was a massive conspiracy to discredit Trump, only they forgot one part of the master plan, which was to discredit Trump.  It doesn’t make sense.
"Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?"

Sure, but the punishments for treason or seditious conspiracy under 18 USC Chap 115 are far more significant than any punishment for leaking. 

And I'm not sure I grasp your argument here anyway.  No matter how dumb anyone might be, if they have a problem they can solve by either making a phone call or by participating in an elaborate conspiracy that may or may not actually solve the problem, they're gonna make the phone call. Do you really think someone could be intelligent enough to function and still be dumb enough to choose the latter over the former?
My point is I'm not qualified in analyzing a unhinged FBI agent. 

So, you stand by your unfounded, zero evidenced, assertion that a person is what you say they are with little to no backing based on someones actions? You should listen to yourself sometime and try to understand how simple minded you are. I'd like you to think about the actions of others and try to understand their stories before coming to any kind of conclusion. It is unfortunate you "see" bias in my postings as I am impartial and judge people based on their actions. The actions I have "seen" from you are rather unfortunate as I'd hope every American would seek to better America for all and not a subcategory of Americans. It is also unfortunate that you appear to be filled with so much hate that you are not able to help your fellow American. I truly wish you well and hope one day you are able to see the folly of your ways.
Not sure these insults are what they want on this board. Attacks just cause I don’t want to engage the same daily runaround in here is sad. 

My point is I'm not qualified in analyzing a unhinged FBI agent. 
But I'm not asking you to analyze him personally. I'm asking for a plausible explanation as to why ANY person in his position who has a certain goal in mind (in this case, taking down Donald Trump) would choose an elaborate deep state conspiracy that puts their freedom and maybe their life at risk to maybe accomplish the goal, instead of the telephone call to definitely accomplish the goal that at most maybe puts their job at risk.  Do you honestly believe anyone would opt for the former over the latter?

But I'm not asking you to analyze him personally. I'm asking for a plausible explanation as to why ANY person in his position who has a certain goal in mind (in this case, taking down Donald Trump) would choose an elaborate deep state conspiracy that puts their freedom and maybe their life at risk to maybe accomplish the goal, instead of the telephone call to definitely accomplish the goal that at most maybe puts their job at risk.  Do you honestly believe anyone would opt for the former over the latter?
Both options could potentially put his freedom and life at risk not just his job right? We aren't talking about anyone though. We are talking about someone dumb enough to make damning text messages on their FBI phone.

Speaking of leaks the Trumps don't care about and FBI actions that absolutely impacted the election unlike anything Strzok did:

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 1h1 hour ago

Natasha Bertrand Retweeted Mayor Rudy Giuliani

Many complaining about Strzok's texts are noticeably silent about concerns expressed by various high-ranking DOJ & FBI officials in the run-up to the election that anti-Clinton animus in the NY field office may have impacted the course of the email probe

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure these insults are what they want on this board. Attacks just cause I don’t want to engage the same daily runaround in here is sad. 
That is not an insult at all. Allow me to explain: since the topic of the day is Strzok

Simple Minded conclusion = "He wrote something bad about Trump therefore he is biased."

Knowledgeable conclusion = "He wrote something bad about Trump but did that affect his job? There has been zero evidence that his job was affected nor was his work compromised due to his statement. Therefore, the conclusion may be that his personal opinions did not inhibit any professional responsibilities.

Other synonyms for "simple minded" are: ignorant, unsophisticated, impulsive, callow. Maybe you'd prefer me to use either of those?

That is not an insult at all. Allow me to explain: since the topic of the day is Strzok

Simple Minded conclusion = "He wrote something bad about Trump therefore he is biased."

Knowledgeable conclusion = "He wrote something bad about Trump but did that affect his job? There has been zero evidence that his job was affected nor was his work compromised due to his statement. Therefore, the conclusion may be that his personal opinions did not inhibit any professional responsibilities.

Other synonyms for "simple minded" are: ignorant, unsophisticated, impulsive, callow. Maybe you'd prefer me to use either of those?
I guess insults are allowed since you are part of the regular extremists in here. You should be embarrassed, very immature all over politics. 

guyz, isn't it obvious?  Because an FBI agent sent some text messages, we HAVE to ignore all of the findings of the Trump/Russia investigation.  Manafort: free to go.  Papadopolous: charges wiped.  Flynn: free man.  Trump Jr's meeting with Russian agents: we have to pretend that never happened. Fruit of the tainted tree!

guyz, isn't it obvious?  Because an FBI agent sent some text messages, we HAVE to ignore all of the findings of the Trump/Russia investigation.  Manafort: free to go.  Papadopolous: charges wiped.  Flynn: free man.  Trump Jr's meeting with Russian agents: we have to pretend that never happened. Fruit of the tainted tree!
Rudy thinks so

Both options could potentially put his freedom and life at risk not just his job right? We aren't talking about anyone though. We are talking about someone dumb enough to make damning text messages on their FBI phone.
I don't believe leaking the existence of an FBI investigation is a criminal act, and I'm fairly certain it's not punishable by long-term imprisonment or even the death penalty as is the case with treason and seditious conspiracy under federal law. But feel free to correct me on either point.

We are talking about anyone, because Strozak is a subset of anyone and you said you can't read his mind.  If you can come up with an explanation for this decision that could apply to anyone, then it would obviously apply to Strozak. Do you think being dumb enough to text your mistress on a government-issued phone also makes you dumb enough to decide to participate in an elaborate illegal conspiracy to possibly accomplish your goal instead of making a single phone call to almost definitely accomplish it?  Is anyone that dumb, let alone anyone who knows the law and the penalties for each choice?  Is there a possible explanation for making that seemingly irrational choice other than stupidity?

SHUT.  IT.  DOWN!

President Trump’s lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani said Friday that congressional testimony by FBI agent Peter Strzok demonstrated such a bias against Trump that the results of the investigation being led by special prosecutor Robert S. Mueller III should be dismissed.

“Peter Strzok’s testimony was a disgrace,” Giuliani wrote in an early morning tweet. “It taints the entire Mueller witchunt. President Trump is being investigated by people who possess pathological hatred for him. All the results of the investigation are ‘fruit of the poison tree’ and should be dismissed.”
Makes sense to me. 
"So, Mr. Giuliani, can you tell us how you felt about the heads of the five Mafia families in New York back in 1984?  Did you personally feel they should be stopped? You did? Well, then your prosecution of them was certainly tainted. You're a disgrace."

I don't believe leaking the existence of an FBI investigation is a criminal act, and I'm fairly certain it's not punishable by long-term imprisonment or even the death penalty as is the case with treason and seditious conspiracy under federal law. But feel free to correct me on either point.

We are talking about anyone, because Strozak is a subset of anyone and you said you can't read his mind.  If you can come up with an explanation for this decision that could apply to anyone, then it would obviously apply to Strozak. Do you think being dumb enough to text your mistress on a government-issued phone also makes you dumb enough to decide to participate in an elaborate illegal conspiracy to possibly accomplish your goal instead of making a single phone call to almost definitely accomplish it?  Is anyone that dumb. let alone anyone who knows the law and the penalties for each choice?  Is there a possible explanation for making that seemingly irrational choice other than stupidity?
FBI agent pleads guilty in press leak

That foiled bomb plot is an actual thing that happened. I hate that Trump & Co. don't even understand their own conspiracy theory. Trump is arguing that this is a witch hunt, that he is - per his own lawyer - being framed. So yeah Strzok could have leaked info about the investigation. He did not. He could have leaked Trump's tax records. Did not. Could have leaked medical records. Did not. Could have leaked the Trump Tower meeting. Did not. You're actually making an argument why Strzok would never put his political beliefs into action by framing Trump because even if he was biased the penalties are so bad that he would never dare. And yet you point out his judgement was so bad (fair point, because yeah he did use his work phone) he must have done something. Like what?

That foiled bomb plot is an actual thing that happened. I hate that Trump & Co. don't even understand their own conspiracy theory. Trump is arguing that this is a witch hunt, that he is - per his own lawyer - being framed. So yeah Strzok could have leaked info about the investigation. He did not. He could have leaked Trump's tax records. Did not. Could have leaked medical records. Did not. Could have leaked the Trump Tower meeting. Did not. You're actually making an argument why Strzok would never put his political beliefs into action by framing Trump because even if he was biased the penalties are so bad that he would never dare. And yet you point out his judgement was so bad (fair point, because yeah he did use his work phone) he must have done something. Like what?
I don't understand this response. He asked me to correct him and I did.

BTW I appreciate you actually being willing to engage on this question.  First conservative/Republican/Trump supporter to take it on that I've seen anywhere, and that includes pundits and politicians.  Thanks.
I just want to point out this is also a pretty fair representation of the actual argument from the administration. 

I don't understand this response. He asked me to correct him and I did.
I realize that, and it makes the whole Trump argument all the more senseless. It's honestly not on you, this is the administration: Strzok was biased and this bias tainted the investigation but the reason we do not know what he did to taint the investigation is because the penalties for doing so are so prohibitively great so he would have never leaked, yet his judgement was so bad that (like the 2013 foiled bomb leak) he could have still leaked nonetheless, and yet Trump is being framed in a corrupt witch hunt so anything that would have been leaked would not have been actual misdeeds but just invented claims, which would not be illegal in the first place because fake claims are not themselves classified. - This makes sense to you? It doesn't to me.

The alternative is that he was promising to take part in some sort of deep state conspiracy to stop Trump, right?

So can you explain why he didn't just pick up the phone in September of 2016 and leak the Russia investigation story, which would have absolutely destroyed Trump's campaign? 

I asked this question yesterday and offered $25 to the charity of your choice for an answer and nobody has taken me up on it. In the spirit of a substantive dialogue that sticks to the topic it would sure be nice if one of you could explain this to us.
Maybe he did leak it ... to a responsible journalist whose editor wouldn’t let her run with an outlandish story from a single, unnamed, uncorroborated, off-the-record source. So it didn’t see the light of day.

Maybe he did leak it ... to a responsible journalist whose editor wouldn’t let her run with an outlandish story from a single, unnamed, uncorroborated, off-the-record source. So it didn’t see the light of day.
I think it's fair to assume that if he had chosen to leak it he would have leaked it to a news organization with significant resources including law enforcement sources that it could devote to confirming/corroborating such a massive story, perhaps the scoop of the decade. Remember, the theory here is a deep state conspiracy, so any FBI agent who was a part of it would have faced the same no-brainer decision as Strozak if put in that position. 

In addition if he did leak it then he needlessly committed perjury yesterday, again something no reasonable person and certainly nobody with a knowledge of the law would do considering what the alleged perjury accomplished (it's not like his argument got him off the hook with the committee).

Sorry, doesn't make any sense.

Speaking of leaks the Trumps don't care about and FBI actions that absolutely impacted the election unlike anything Strzok did:

Natasha Bertrand‏Verified account @NatashaBertrand 1h1 hour ago

Natasha Bertrand Retweeted Mayor Rudy Giuliani

Many complaining about Strzok's texts are noticeably silent about concerns expressed by various high-ranking DOJ & FBI officials in the run-up to the election that anti-Clinton animus in the NY field office may have impacted the course of the email probe
When do we get texts from the NY FBI office?

When do we get texts from the NY FBI office?
Yeah, this is the giveaway that this has nothing to do with actual bias amongst FBI agents, and everything to do with protecting the GOP.  

I’m trying to remember the sham hearings held by Democrats during the Bush years when they controlled the House that are even remotely similar to the Benghazi sham or this sham.  I can’t come up with anything.  Can any of you? 

This is for leaking classified information. Is the mere existence of a law enforcement investigation considered "classified information"?  I assume not, since the FBI told the media about the Clinton investigation with no legal repercussions, but I honestly don't know.
The trump probe was considered a counter-intelligence operation - that's treated differently than a typical criminal probe.

I gotta say, and it's not very PC or whatever.  But honest truth, I blame racism for getting Trump elected.  But not from the right.  If black voters had simply shown up at the polls for Hillary like they did for Obama, we wouldn't be in this mess.  I remember thinking that after election day too.  They just wouldn't show for a white woman.  I think it was really that simple.  
She’s not just “a white woman.”  The SuperPredators comment killed her. 

Not sure who you think you are that I have to respond to you at all much less within a time limit? My initial post was a response to someone with similar views on the situation then I get the swarm of trolls coming after me. You are one of the many that have spent years venting about Trump with biased views I’m not interested in wasting time trying to convince otherwise. I have no desire wasting the time, but am just as entitled to post in here as the circus of hatred you all put on so just go ahead and move on. You regurgitate the same hate in a different thread on a regular basis, I don’t have the time in the day to argue with you and the 30 or so others that do the same. Have fun. 
Stop with the whining that anyone asking you to back up your claims is a troll.  Your behavior has been far more trolling (throwing out baseless assertions then failing to back them up) than anyone asking you to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread