What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (11 Viewers)

I think trump knew about some Russian stuff, but the orders were just to hear what they had to say. It was a group of rogue members of his administration that took it upon themselves after a botched meeting about adoptions to collude with a foreign government that also funneled money through a nonprofit to fund the campaign and also took money from another government and spent it at the presidents hotel, unknown to him. 

MBS

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys ever met an angry Democrat? They’re pretty annoying. Prominent ones that come to mind are Rosie O’Donnell, Maxine Waters, Susan Sarandon- you know the type- they’re always pissed off about something. 

I don’t think I could handle 17 of them in the same room. Mueller must be pretty impressive. 
I'd have a hard time not tolerating Susan Sarandon

All we know is that Individual-1 is someone who ran a successful campaign for president of the United States. 

Prosecutors don't want to tip their hand here - either they have not discovered the true identity of Individual-1, or they do not want to impede an on-going investigation, and thus, do not want to tip off Individual-1.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Fox commentators: There are disturbing signs, but what we're seeing Mueller doing is building a circumstantial case, and we need to remember that there's a difference between a legal case and a political case.

Translated: Yeah, it's looking like Trump may have committed crimes, but we don't think he should get impeached for it.

Fox commentators: There are disturbing signs, but what we're seeing Mueller doing is building a circumstantial case, and we need to remember that there's a difference between a legal case and a political case.

Translated: Yeah, it's looking like Trump may have committed crimes, but we don't think he should get impeached for it.
Dear Fox: 

What you're referring to are evidence of serious crimes, not disturbing signs.  These are disturbing signs.

I hope this distinction helps. 

Yours in Christ,

Henry Ford

Keep slowly backing up Into that corner....

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 3m3 minutes ago

More

In regards to Trump's tweet, SDNY prosecutors said that Trump, "Individual-1," directed and acted in coordination with Michael Cohen to make illegal campaign contributions.

:oldunsure:

Hey FoxNews:  Circumstantial evidence = evidence, and a case built upon sufficient circumstantial evidence is a legal case, not a political case. 

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8m8 minutes ago

More

Totally clears the President. Thank you!

Ted Lieu‏Verified account @tedlieu

Ted Lieu Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Dear @realDonaldTrump: I think you might not know that the person prosecutors identify as Individual-1, who committed multiple felonies, is you. You may want to read the court filings today.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
This is going to put Nancy Pelosi in a very tough spot. I guarantee she does NOT want this. The last thing she wants is a report by Mueller which  charges Trump with any crimes. 

This is going to put Nancy Pelosi in a very tough spot. I guarantee she does NOT want this. The last thing she wants is a report by Mueller which  charges Trump with any crimes. 
Report? The DOJ has already filed pleadings stating Trump is an unindcited co-conspirator.

She don't need no stinkin' report.

Wow - Cohen is getting ####ed on both ends.  Trump hates him, and the prosecutors aren't thrilled either....

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 12m12 minutes ago

More

SDNY filing: "Cohen repeatedly declined to provide full information about the scope of any additional criminal conduct in which he may have engaged in or had knowledge." Prosecutors say they won't offer a 5K filing or a notice of substantial cooperation and neither will Mueller.
Pure guess.  Maybe part of the deal was "you plead guilty and help us, and we won't bother looking to hard at all that other criminal #### you've been doing for the last 20 years."

Listening to NPR - I think it was Adam Schiff - but he made a great point - if these crimes involving the payment of money to the mistresses involve significant jail time for Cohen - how will DOJ proceed against Trump when he is out of office?

On Fox News now it's of course Manafort is a criminal, all he did was commit crimes, like, everywhere!.  Not sure what this has to do with Trump though. :lmao:

Its going to take Herculean restraint not to file articles of impeachment - just based on what we know right now.  DOJ has alleged criminal wrongdoing by the President - and is sending someone to jail for said wrongdoing. 

If Congress does nothing with that - then they are failing at their job.

Now, if they play their cards correctly - that is just the warm-up act, and allows them to dig further into his finances and campaign to uncover even more wrongdoing - but ultimately destroying the man politically.  And, if this becomes a drip, drip, drip of information, where the GOP simply runs interference - then it guts the GOP party - all without ever filing actual articles of impeachment.

Its going to take Herculean restraint not to file articles of impeachment - just based on what we know right now.  DOJ has alleged criminal wrongdoing by the President - and is sending someone to jail for said wrongdoing. 

If Congress does nothing with that - then they are failing at their job.

Now, if they play their cards correctly - that is just the warm-up act, and allows them to dig further into his finances and campaign to uncover even more wrongdoing - but ultimately destroying the man politically.  And, if this becomes a drip, drip, drip of information, where the GOP simply runs interference - then it guts the GOP party - all without ever filing actual articles of impeachment.
No I completely agree. She has to proceed with impeachment. 

But the problem is I don’t think he’s going to be removed and she risks the public being turned off by the whole thing. But I think she has to proceed with impeachment hearings at least. That’s her job. 

What a ####### mess. Why couldn’t we have just elected Hillary? 

No I completely agree. She has to proceed with impeachment. 

But the problem is I don’t think he’s going to be removed and she risks the public being turned off by the whole thing. But I think she has to proceed with impeachment hearings at least. That’s her job. 

What a ####### mess. Why couldn’t we have just elected Hillary? 
Well, her emails of course.

So what are we realistically looking at? I think we’ve got months of public hearings ahead of us. The country is going to be completely divided. We’re going to be consumed by this story. Meanwhile, issues that really affect people, like action on climate change, healthcare, infrastructure, even prison reform (apparently that’s been shut down by McConnell) are going to be on hold. 

I cant see how any of this is good for the country. It sucks. 

Users who are viewing this thread