What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (15 Viewers)

Why did Buzzfeed story about Trump’s subornation of perjury cause a Tsunami while his witness tampering in plain view causes only a ripple? This is an even more serious crime (20 yrs v 5 yrs). Looks like only hidden POTUS crimes shock people. Crimes in plain view, not so much.
- Laurence Tribe.

This event with Trump threatening to sic the DOJ on Cohen's FIL does really give truth to the idea that Trump would have suborned perjury, but it's also in and of itself worse than suborning perjury.

This Time It’s Russia’s Emails Getting Leaked

The Russian oligarchs and Kremlin apparatchiks spared by WikiLeaks in the past will not be so lucky this week, when transparency activists drop a massive archive of leaked docs.

Russian oligarchs and Kremlin apparatchiks may find the tables turned on them later this week when a new leak site unleashes a compilation of hundreds of thousands of hacked emails and gigabytes of leaked documents. Think of it as WikiLeaks, but without Julian Assange’s aversion to posting Russian secrets.

The site, Distributed Denial of Secrets, was founded last month by transparency activists. Co-founder Emma Best said the Russian leaks, slated for release Friday, will bring into one place dozens of different archives of hacked material that, at best, have been difficult to locate, and in some cases appear to have disappeared entirely from the web.

“Stuff from politicians, journalists, bankers, folks in oligarch and religious circles, nationalists, separatists, terrorists operating in Ukraine,” said Best, a national-security journalist and transparency activist. “Hundreds of thousands of emails, Skype and Facebook messages, along with lots of docs.”

Distributed Denial of Secrets, or DDoS, is a volunteer effort that launched last month. Its objective is to provide researchers and journalists with a central repository where they can find the terabytes of hacked and leaked documents that are appearing on the internet with growing regularity.

Take it for what it’s worth, but after Grand Jury today, Twitter saying 4 sealed criminal cases were filed in DC Distict Court this evening.  Plus 8 filed under seal yesterday.  Tomorrrow could be interesting. (Or not).
If it’s McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and KFC, we got him.  21st century version of slaughtering the livestock and burning the crops. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump couldn’t even pick him out of a lineup. Doesn’t even know him. 
Friday Tweetstorm should be epic. Actually, it’ll probably come Saturday. When Friday a.m. news rocks his world, takes him a day to get his bearings. 

Me 3a.m. Saturday  :popcorn:

Just saw video on CNN allegedly of the FBI knocking on Stone's door early this morning (pre-dawn).

I'm surprised they didn't let him turn himself in. That's usually what rich, white guys get. I wonder why they didn't let him.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Supposedly there were 4 sealed indictments filed yesterday in the DC court.  No idea if the other 3 are related, but there could be more :popcorn:  today.  (My guess would be coorperating witnessed since this is what Mueller wants Stone to become).

Just saw video on CNN allegedly of the FBI knocking on Stone's door early this morning (pre-dawn).

I'm surprised they didn't let him turn himself in. That's usually what rich, white guys get. I wonder why they didn't let him.
Manafort quickly cut a deal.

Stone is on record as saying there is “No circumstance' where I would testify against Trump.”

Speculation they may have a search warrant as well. 

Manafort quickly cut a deal.

Stone is on record as saying there is “No circumstance' where I would testify against Trump.”
And Cohen would take a bullet for Trump.  These guys are loud talking weasels...when he’s facing 10 years in jail he certainly may change his tune. 

When Giuliani took down the five families, did they start with the heads? Or was it foot soldiers >> capos >> bosses?

•Cohen 

•Manafort 

•Flynn 

•Gates 

•Stone 

•Kilimnik 

•Patten 

•Papadopoulos 

•van der Zwaan 

Good morning, Donald.  :coffee:

#MuellerIsComingForYou

During the summer of 2016, STONE spoke to senior Trump Campaign officials about
Organization 1 and information it might have had that would be damaging to the Clinton Campaign. STONE was contacted by senior Trump Campaign officials to inquire about future releases by Organization 1.

The head of Organization 1 was located at all relevant times at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, United Kingdom.
Why do these filings have to be so darned cryptic? Has anyone heard any speculation on what "Organization 1" may refer to?

Why do these filings have to be so darned cryptic? Has anyone heard any speculation on what "Organization 1" may refer to?
Wikileaks 

Its been previously reported Mueller has emails from Corsi which show Stone reaching out to Assange prior to the dump of the Dems emails.

NYT:

Three senior Trump campaign officials have told Mr. Mueller’s team that Mr. Stone created the impression that he was a conduit for inside information from WikiLeaks, according to people familiar with their witness interviews. One of them told investigators that Mr. Stone not only seemed to predict WikiLeaks’ actions, but also that he took credit afterward for the timing of its disclosures that damaged Hillary Clinton’s candidacy.

In social media posts and numerous interviews before the 2016 election, Mr. Stone indicated that he had advance knowledge that a trove of information damaging to Mrs. Clinton’s campaign might be about to spill into public, and even suggested that he had personally spoken to the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange.

Mr. Stone has changed his story in the months since, saying that he was not actually speaking to Mr. Assange and that he had no direct knowledge that Russians were responsible for the Democratic hackings. Still, it was revealed last year that, in the weeks before the election, Mr. Stone was messaging on Twitter with Guccifer 2.0, a pseudonym used by one or more operatives in the Russian intelligence scheme to steal the emails and funnel them to WikiLeaks.

From Scuitto:

This line should concern Trump: “A senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about..what other damaging information Org 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Org 1”.

Is that illegal?

From Scuitto:

This line should concern Trump: “A senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about..what other damaging information Org 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign. STONE thereafter told the Trump Campaign about potential future releases of damaging material by Org 1”.

Is that illegal?
When all is said and done likely yes.  This is another piece of a large puzzle and I believe Mueller is going to charge conspiracy involving the stealing of emails, coordination on releases, knowledge willingness and direction of those stolen emails by the Russians with the campaign, Wikileaks, etc. 

From Scuitto:

Is that illegal?
Per Joshua Green on Twitter, the senior Trump official is Bannon.

17. On or about October 7, 2016, Organization 1 released the first set of emails stolen from the Clinton Campaign chairman. Shortly after Organization 1’s release, an associate of the highranking Trump Campaign official sent a text message to STONE that read “well done.” In subsequent conversations with senior Trump Campaign officials, STONE claimed credit for having correctly predicted the October 7, 2016 release

I am assuming Whitaker leaked this to Trump - which explains why Rudy was going on about no collusion with the president - but I can't speak about the campaign...

35. During his HPSCI testimony, STONE was asked, “did you discuss your conversations with the intermediary with anyone involved in the Trump campaign?” STONE falsely and misleadingly answered, “I did not.” In truth and in fact, and as described above, STONE spoke to multiple individuals involved in the Trump Campaign about what he claimed to have learned from his intermediary to Organization 1, including the following:

a. On multiple occasions, STONE told senior Trump Campaign officials about materials possessed by Organization 1 and the timing of future releases.

b. On or about October 3, 2016, STONE wrote to a supporter involved with the Trump Campaign, “Spoke to my friend in London last night. The payload is still coming.”

c. On or about October 4, 2016, STONE told a high-ranking Trump Campaign official that the head of Organization 1 had a “erious security concern” but would release “a load every week going forward.”

Users who are viewing this thread