What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (14 Viewers)

Let’s wait for mueller report which should be a better investigation report then what has transpired over the last 2000 pages here.  Why guess now when we are only a week away.
I don't think we are a week away from closing out the OSC investigation, unless I missed something. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you doubt he was telling the truth there?
I think he was lying to Lester Holt. Wasn’t his phrasing something like, “When I fired Jim Comey, I said to myself, ‘There’s nothing to this fake Trump-Russia stuff’”? I don’t think that’s exactly what he said to himself.

I do think he was lying to Lester Holt. Wasn’t his phrasing something like, “When I fired Jim Comey, I said to myself, ‘There’s nothing to this fake Trump-Russia stuff.’” I don’t think that’s exactly what he said to himself.
Looks like you're right.

I was thinking of the time in the Oval Office with no US officials there when he told the Russian spy chief he fired Comey because of the Russia stuff.

Let’s wait for mueller report which should be a better investigation report then what has transpired over the last 2000 pages here.  Why guess now when we are only a week away.
I'm asking for your opinion as someone who has defended Trump every step of the way regardless of the evidence from the onset and that evidence later revealed to in fact prove that there were dozens of meetings and communications with the Russians, but okay.   

I'm asking for your opinion as someone who has defended Trump every step of the way regardless of the evidence from the onset and that evidence later revealed to in fact prove that there were dozens of meetings and communications with the Russians, but okay.   
I defend the process not the person.  That’s was this country is about so what’s so hard to understand.  

Let’s wait for report.  I’m on record saying trump is a mess so if he goes it’s a win for the country.  Everyone is acting like I’m a trump fan and have a hard understanding I’m for due process the then convicting someone in a forum.  
The report we may never see? Or if we do could be redacted or a summary from the AG Trump appointed, which could be (likely?) based on his public comments? The info I linked pieces together a pretty compelling arguement based on court documents. Imagine what we may learn from an unredacted filing, or a full report. Granted, this has some holes and I am in agreement to let the process play out, as long as the process isn’t obstructed, which is already happening, but I still have faith in our system. 

Heard someone on the radio today suggest that the only reason we won’t get the Mueller report this week is that Barr won’t accept it while Trump is out of the country

Let’s wait for report.  I’m on record saying trump is a mess so if he goes it’s a win for the country.  Everyone is acting like I’m a trump fan and have a hard understanding I’m for due process the then convicting someone in a forum.  
Public opinion doesn’t require due process. 

Afraid he might not come back if it’s bad news?
No - just a departure from previous Trump trips where something has hit the news as soon as Trump is wheels up.  New policy (or old policy newly enforced) of DOJ going silent on presidential investigations while the president is out of the country. 

No - just a departure from previous Trump trips where something has hit the news as soon as Trump is wheels up.  New policy (or old policy newly enforced) of DOJ going silent on presidential investigations while the president is out of the country. 
No worries, Cohen will have that covered.

I have a feeling that Cohen’s public testimony next week is going to change some attitudes about Trump’s wrongdoings. Not among Trump’s base; they’re a lost cause as far as these things go. And not among most progressives who are already quite willing to believe the worst (often without real evidence).

But among independents and thoughtful people who suspect that Trump is a schmuck but haven’t paid too much attention. I think what we’re going to learn next week is not that Trump is some kind of master criminal, but that he’s more of a small criminal, a guy who lacks any ethics whatsoever and is willing to do whatever he thinks he can get away with. We’re about to learn how slimy this man is. 
Well, if people are stupid enough to believe a proven liar with his back up against a wall maybe.  I believe most of those folks are squarely in the "Trump is guilty" crowd already.

Well, if people are stupid enough to believe a proven liar with his back up against a wall maybe.  I believe most of those folks are squarely in the "Trump is guilty" crowd already.
You know what I always find fascinating? The non-Trump supporting Trump apologists crowd would absolutely being using Cohen to defend Trumps position if he was still team Trump and towing the Trump line.  But now that he’s not he’s just a liar who’s word can’t be trusted.  Interesting how that happens.  

I linked the video interview where Trump admitted it. Don't be a jerk just because your brainwashed mind won't allow you to reason or accept reality. 
So we are convicting a sitting president in this forum - right.  I’ve learned to not 100% accept what’s on the internet either in forums or content nor what the media tells us and hopefully you know why.  Again let see what hopefully are most of facts when mueller report comes out.  I was sarcastic as sno nuff always responds with absolutes like he is the final say in any and all arguments and is never wrong.  

:shrug:

This is someone who has already learned the cost of lying to Congress - I'd like to think he does not go down that road again...

I said that given the historical precedent set by jd and fbi discussing to invoke 25th amendment.  There been much debate that intent was for disable, death or inability to exercise powers.  Since ratification in 1967, it’s been used for presidents during surgeries, when Reagan was shot and when Nixon resigned.  None were generated from fbi or jd so it’s a type of coup imo.  It’s a slippery slope that once it happens.

Sno nuff the judge has ruled so we can all go home now.  Good night boys..
So we can’t judge things based on what he has done...but you have already judged it a coup and an attempt to overthrow a duly elected president?

So we can’t judge things based on what he has done...but you have already judged it a coup and an attempt to overthrow a duly elected president?
I’ve view it to be a unprecedented use of the 25th amendment and yes it could be called a coup.   

I said that given the historical precedent set by jd and fbi discussing to invoke 25th amendment.  There been much debate that intent was for disable, death or inability to exercise powers.  Since ratification in 1967, it’s been used for presidents during surgeries, when Reagan was shot and when Nixon resigned.  None were generated from fbi or jd so it’s a type of coup imo.  It’s a slippery slope that once it happens.
Which should tell you the amount of information the FBI and DOJ had about Trump and how compromised he was.  Wake up. You're trying so desperately to spin this that you're overlooking the obvious.

Which should tell you the amount of information the FBI and DOJ had about Trump and how compromised he was.  Wake up. You're trying so desperately to spin this that you're overlooking the obvious.
Wake up.  This was not the intent of 25th amendment.  What if the military, fbi and or jd didn’t’t like how a president was running things then it’s ok to for them to have discussions, approach cabinet etc and to get the president out?  Like I said it’s a slippery slope and now you are empowering other parts of the govt.... 

Wake up.  This was not the intent of 25th amendment.  What if the military, fbi and or jd didn’t’t like how a president was running things then it’s ok to for the, to have discussions, approach cabinet etc to get the president out?  Like I said it’s a slippery slope and now you are empowering other parts of the govt.... 
Slippery slopes bother you now?  Where is your outrage about the national emergency? You think that's what that was put in place for? To try to get your way when you can't get it passed through Congress?

Debate, huh?

1. That sounds like it's not settled what the intent of the 25th means.  A strict reading won't find "disability or death".  I guess you are one of those guys who doesn't believe in strict readings of the Constitution and are ok with interpreting as suits you best?

2. Is it possible to debate something without discussing?  Is it possible that this very debate is what McCabe/Rosenstein discussed?

Users who are viewing this thread