What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (19 Viewers)

Well, if people are stupid enough to believe a proven liar with his back up against a wall maybe.  I believe most of those folks are squarely in the "Trump is guilty" crowd already.
Which proven liar are you referring to Cohen or Trump?  Amazingly enough there are millions of people that believe the proven liar Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which proven liar are you referring to Cohen or Trump?  Amazingly enough there are millions of people that believe the proven liar Trump.
Cohen's entire existence was to keep Trump out of trouble. Anyone who doesn't think his crimes are done to cover up, and in conjunction with, Trump is being purposely aloof.  

I said that given the historical precedent set by jd and fbi discussing to invoke 25th amendment.  There been much debate that intent was for disable, death or inability to exercise powers.  Since ratification in 1967, it’s been used for presidents during surgeries, when Reagan was shot and when Nixon resigned.  None were generated from fbi or jd so it’s a type of coup imo.  It’s a slippery slope that once it happens.
Okay.  You just seemed to have forgotten you said it. 

So you are allowed to judge, but not the rest of us...got it.
I’m stating my views with material for discussion vs the absolutes that you always use..  Proven, absolutely false, etc... this is why joe challenged you but apparently you can’t change...  

Actions, not words, are what ultimately matter. If you view the world accordingly, you’ll stop being duped by conspiracy theories and have a better basis to analyze reality.
Conspiracy theories?.  It’s a matter of public record with McCabe on 60 minutes.. either it true or McCabe is lying.  What is it..

I’m stating my views with material for discussion vs the absolutes that you always use..  Proven, absolutely false, etc... this is why joe challenged you but apparently you can’t change...  
I don’t think the description you’re using in the first sentence is consistent with the statement of yours from the 15th I quoted. 

Wake up.  This was not the intent of 25th amendment.  What if the military, fbi and or jd didn’t’t like how a president was running things then it’s ok to for them to have discussions, approach cabinet etc and to get the president out?  Like I said it’s a slippery slope and now you are empowering other parts of the govt.... 
The 25th would require that the VP and Congress agree with a majority of the cabinet that the President cannot discharge his duties. There’s a rather large number of people who would have to be involved, solely to make the VP the President.  

So we are convicting a sitting president in this forum - right.  I’ve learned to not 100% accept what’s on the internet either in forums or content nor what the media tells us and hopefully you know why.  Again let see what hopefully are most of facts when mueller report comes out.  I was sarcastic as sno nuff always responds with absolutes like he is the final say in any and all arguments and is never wrong.  
"I don't accept what the media tells us" as the media broadcasts Trump speaking.

100 points for innovation.

I don’t think the description you’re using in the first sentence is consistent with the statement of yours from the 15th I quoted. 
I admit at times getting frustrated with board but believe I’m generally open to discusssion.  I honestly didn’t know much about the 25th amendment before a few weeks and enjoy reading articles and papers about the history etc thought it would be a good topic for discussion but I guess not.  Sad

The 25th would require that the VP and Congress agree with a majority of the cabinet that the President cannot discharge his duties. There’s a rather large number of people who would have to be involved, solely to make the VP the President.  
True but if they knew they had backing from others I.e jd, fbi, military, sc etc it would make more people think about making a power grab..

I admit at times getting frustrated with board but believe I’m generally open to discusssion.  I honestly didn’t know much about the 25th amendment before a few weeks and enjoy reading articles and papers about the history etc thought it would be a good topic for discussion but I guess not.  Sad
I think it's a good topic for discussion, however I fully reject the concept that enacting the 25th is a coup.  It's a legal, constitutional transfer of power.

True but if they knew they had backing from others I.e jd, fbi, military, sc etc it would make more people think about making a power grab..
You’re suggesting that the majority of people appointed by the President, his running mate, and the majority of Congress would all be involved in a “power grab.”  If that’s the case, it really sounds less like a coup and more like the majority of a government expelling one elected official. 

I think it's a good topic for discussion, however I fully reject the concept that enacting the 25th is a coup.  It's a legal, constitutional transfer of power.
Some legal scholars and others argue that only in situations where it’s a willing transfer.  It appears unsettle due to the vagueness of amendment.  

You’re suggesting that the majority of people appointed by the President, his running mate, and the majority of Congress would all be involved in a “power grab.”  If that’s the case, it really sounds less like a coup and more like the majority of a government expelling one elected official. 
Trump has clearly lost some credibility within his cabinet, congress and his party based on his governing style 

I admit at times getting frustrated with board but believe I’m generally open to discusssion.  I honestly didn’t know much about the 25th amendment before a few weeks and enjoy reading articles and papers about the history etc thought it would be a good topic for discussion but I guess not.
You had you a good deal of patient discussion about it yesterday. For instance it was explained that only the cabinet can implement the 25th, that the cabinet was never approached about it, and that the 25th was never used, implemented or activated. You even seemed to agree with this. And yet here you are arguing it was used. 

You had you a good deal of patient discussion about it yesterday. For instance it was explained that only the cabinet can implement the 25th, that the cabinet was never approached about it, and that the 25th was never used, implemented or activated. You even seemed to agree with this. And yet here you are arguing it was used. 
Yes, because discussing the 25th amendment is akin to a coup attempt. Slippery slope and all.

Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Calif.) said Sunday that House Democrats will subpoena special counsel Robert S. Mueller III to testify before Congress if his report on Russian interference in the 2016 campaign is not made public.

Schiff, chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said on ABC News’s “This Week” that Democrats will also subpoena Mueller’s report and are prepared to go to court against the Trump administration.

“Well, we will obviously subpoena the report. We will bring Bob Mueller in to testify before Congress. We will take it to court if necessary,” Schiff said. “And in the end, I think the Department [of Justice] understands they’re going to have to make this public. I think [Attorney General William P.] Barr will ultimately understand that, as well.”

I said that given the historical precedent set by jd and fbi discussing to invoke 25th amendment.  There been much debate that intent was for disable, death or inability to exercise powers.  Since ratification in 1967, it’s been used for presidents during surgeries, when Reagan was shot and when Nixon resigned.  None were generated from fbi or jd so it’s a type of coup imo.  It’s a slippery slope that once it happens.
The 25th Amendment wasn't used when Reagan was shot.

Also, when Nixon resigned, the 25th Amendment had little impact since Article 2 already conveyed the powers of the presidency to Ford (the 25th merely clarified that Ford was "President" instead of "Acting President", which John Tyler had already unofficially clarified). The real impact of the 25th Amendment took place when Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned and Ford was nominated to take his place.

These are things that people should know before acting knowledgeable about the 25th Amendment on a fantasy football message board.

Adam Schiff:

DOJ "understands" that they are going to have to make the Mueller report public and if they don't, "we will obviously subpoena the report, we will bring Bob Mueller in to testify before Congress, we will take it to court if necessary."

Via ABC

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1099681687720456193
There is zero chance the unredacted report makes it public.  Schiff can fight the redactions in court if he wishes though.

There is zero chance the unredacted report makes it public.  Schiff can fight the redactions in court if he wishes though.
Holy straw man.

I can see how it probably makes it a lot easier to argue when you insert key words though.

"There's no way Mr. Gorbachev is going to tear down the Berlin Wall with his bare hands!  Reagan's welcome to try and make him though if he wants."

Why is it some of you all try to conjure up Joe?  And don’t seem to understand what he actually said to me?

I use things like proven...for things that have been proven.  Why is that bothersome?  Because it goes against your opinion?

The point is...you judged this your way...but are bashing others for passing judgement in other things.  It’s hypocrisy at its finest.

Why is it some of you all try to conjure up Joe?  And don’t seem to understand what he actually said to me?

I use things like proven...for things that have been proven.  Why is that bothersome?  Because it goes against your opinion?

The point is...you judged this your way...but are bashing others for passing judgement in other things.  It’s hypocrisy at its finest.
"You weren't there, how could you know?"

I think they are going to want to see more than what is offered. 
Congress is not the public.  And absolutely has the right to see the full report -- with the usual restrictions on who and where and how.  Maybe it's just the Gang of Eight or whatever, but someone.

What if the only thing offered is a summary written by Barr? Do you think after 2+ years Congress and the public deserve to see the full report - with confidential information redacted of course?
I think a lot of it is going to fall into privileged communications and there will be a lot of angst and legal wrangling around it.

The 25th Amendment wasn't used when Reagan was shot.

Also, when Nixon resigned, the 25th Amendment had little impact since Article 2 already conveyed the powers of the presidency to Ford (the 25th merely clarified that Ford was "President" instead of "Acting President", which John Tyler had already unofficially clarified). The real impact of the 25th Amendment took place when Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned and Ford was nominated to take his place.

These are things that people should know before acting knowledgeable about the 25th Amendment on a fantasy football message board.
https://www.businessinsider.com/25th-amendment-colon-trump-reagan-bush-unfit-president-2017-10

used when Reagan had surgery and when Nixon resigned from what I found 

It bully tactics.  Shout down anyone that doesn’t have the same opinion yet I was just trying to have a discussion about 25th amendment.  
Or it’s people acting independently and disagreeing with what many see as absurd conclusions of a coup (and have explained multiple times now why they disagree)...and doing so because people read a threaded topic from top to bottom and respond as they get to a post.  

It bully tactics.  Shout down anyone that doesn’t have the same opinion yet I was just trying to have a discussion about 25th amendment.  
It’s hard to start such a discussion by calling people hypocrites and declaring the use of the 25th Amendment a coup to remove the duly elected president. 

A very good discussion happened previously on this board.  Not sure which thread. 

Everything is a conspiracy, right guy?

Like separate posters reading your judgement that a coup was attempted, then getting together, making a schedule for when each will engage you, to properly bully you, to bring you, (oh mighty) @stlrams down...

'Cause that really happens outside of paranoid fantasies, really, it does!

Use Occam's razor on that and what you get is

Or it’s people acting independently and disagreeing with what many see as absurd conclusions of a coup (and have explained multiple times now why they disagree)...and doing so because people read a threaded topic from top to bottom and respond as they get to a post.  

Users who are viewing this thread