What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also not a bumbling idiot. This country has always survived Presidents with some radical thoughts regarding policies. There are other branches of government that keep that under control. It would just be nice to get someone in there who would change the fact that we've become a global laughing stock. The world sees Putin playing Trump like a puppet. It sees China countering Trump's idiotic trade threats and making him look like an idiot. We have lost all respect, internationally. He's even mistreated our long time allies. I'm dreading Trump ever getting together with Jung UN. Even that guy is ten times smarter than Trump. It would be such a pleasure to have Pence in there and feel somewhat proud of our leadership again.  
Pence would fail for the reasons politicians fail when they fail.

Trump fails because he's an abomination of a human being. Combine that with what politics he chooses on any particular day and it's a complete and total disaster.

I bet Pence doesn’t even have twitter. If he does probably never uses it. 
Its an old joke by now, but this was the last transcript of Pence's lunch date with his wife:

Mother, should I build the wall?
Mother, should I run for president?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Ooh, ah, is it just a waste of time?

Matthias said:
Amongst vs among is a bit of a flavor choice that isn't simply reserved for haughtiness. It's one of those ear things that in some cases, one sounds better than the other.

Amongst all of them has a better sound to me than Among all of them.
I think the only time it is appropriate is when one is discussing the Hmong people.   You do not write "among the Hmong" but rather "amongst the Hmong".

Yeah....and this is the problem I don't know there's an answer for.  It's also why I am not a fan of Trump being removed.  
I'm a fan of dealing with the problem in front of you.  I also think falling into the "we can't get rid of Trump because Pence is worse" is a trap.

Last edited by a moderator:
He'd be replaced by Pence who despite being an absolutely vile and contemptible human in nearly every way possible is not worse than Trump.

In my opinion.
See, to me, he's worse in that he's capable of getting their crap agenda passed.  He knows how #### works in DC.  So while it's embarrassing that Trump can't seem to find his way out of a wet paper bag, it's actually a positive over the alternative.

I know it's been said over and over and over again but I can't for the life of me understand how his supporters think he is training the swamp.  He is literally making the swamp the deepest and darkest it's ever been.
He is training the swamp to be obedient to his kind of swamp

See, to me, he's worse in that he's capable of getting their crap agenda passed.  He knows how #### works in DC.  So while it's embarrassing that Trump can't seem to find his way out of a wet paper bag, it's actually a positive over the alternative.
Well, the reality is, the Dems are likely to control the House after November, so it will be hard to get anything done.  And, aside from his social agenda, which makes my skin crawl just thinking about it, I think Pence would be in so far over his head, he would not know where to turn on the big issues.

The bigger downside is if he escapes any of the Trump stench - because an incumbent Pence is much more formidable than Trump on election day.  He will have the christian conservatives wrapped up, and the (R) would guarantee an additional bloc of voters.  

His frat nickname wasn't "Mike Dense" for nothing.

Sinn, gonna have to disagree on Pence's abilities to motivate the right in a future presidential election. "Incumbent" or not, there is no there there and even the yayhoos would sense it.

Disagree.  I'm a liberal athiest and essentially 100% opposed to Mike Pence's views.  And I would sleep much better at night knowing he was in charge of nukes, instead of Trump.   

Sarah Sanders‏Verified account @SarahHuckabee

FollowFollow @SarahHuckabee

More

Sarah Sanders Retweeted Taegan Goddard

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing

12:12 PM - 3 Nov 2016

Sarah Sanders‏Verified account @SarahHuckabee

FollowFollow @SarahHuckabee

More

Sarah Sanders Retweeted Taegan Goddard

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing

12:12 PM - 3 Nov 2016
Anyone know if this has come up in a press conference yet?

Theory: we're living in a simulation

Hypothesis: that there's a tweet for everything, a Simpsons and/or Seinfeld reference for everything, and large red flags with nearly every association, all pointing to logical conclusion that something is amiss with this guy/administration 

Test: *presents overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence to public* A portion of the public, after seeing all of this - "SEE!  HE'S NOT JUST INNOCENT, THIS SHOWS A CLEAR WHICH HUNT!"

Conclusion: we're living in a simulation

totally normal...

Manu Raju‏Verified account @mkraju

FollowFollow @mkraju

More

Trump former campaign chairman: indicted

Trump WH national security adviser: pleads guilty

Trump former deputy campaign chairman: pleads guilty

Trump campaign foreign policy adviser: pleads guilty

Trump personal lawyer and close confidant: under criminal investigation

totally normal...

FollowFollow @mkraju

More

"None of this is evidence"

-Dontweebs

totally normal...

FollowFollow @mkraju

More

More proof that Trump is draining the Swamp!!  Haters can't handle the truth!!

#MAGA!! 

Sinn Fein said:
More proof that Trump is draining the Swamp!!  Haters can't handle the truth!!

#MAGA!! 
Other than those people and all the ones Trump fired and the ones who quit and the ones who turned down offers, Trump brings in the best people. 

Yashar Ali ? (@yashar)

4/13/18, 5:02 PM

ABC News confirms that federal agents did indeed seize recordings when they raided Cohen’s office and home. abcn.ws/2HA9GwC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread