What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt's aide shopped the fake story to anyone who would listen, but every credible media outlet turned him down.

Every media outlet but one, that is.

It seems that a lone blogger fell for Pruitt's scheme and agreed to publish the rumor (going so far as to brag about how he got "exclusive" rights to the story (apparently "exclusive" was a synonym for "no one else was dumb enough to fall for it").

That blogger? bigleaguepolitics.com

Now, most of you probably don't recognize the blog -- and you shouldn't, since it's widely discredited, even by conservatives.

But if you don't have Stealthycat or Don't Noonan on ignore, then you might have recognized that blog's name, since they have both fallen for stories posted on that site.

Pruitt's aide shopped the fake story to anyone who would listen, but every credible media outlet turned him down.

It seems that a lone blogger fell for Pruitt's scheme and agreed to publish the rumor (going so far as to brag about how he got "exclusive" rights to the story (apparently "exclusive" was a synonym for "no one else was dumb enough to fall for it").

Now, most of you probably don't recognize the blog -- and you shouldn't, since it's widely discredited, even by conservatives.

But if you don't have Stealthycat or Don't Noonan on ignore, then you might have recognized that blog's name, since they have both fallen for stories posted on that site.
Best to tag @Stealthycat and @Don't Noonan

Trump seemed jubilant during the NRA speech yesterday. He’s clearly enjoying himself. People speculate that he’s stressed out over Mueller, but it certainly doesn’t sound that way to me. Extremely confident about everything that’s happening and predicted Republican gains in November. He even claimed that he is loved by blacks and hispanics. 
He enjoys himself at his rallies or whenever he's surrounded by people who adore him. His ego need the boost. But all reports is that he's unhinged and furious more times than not. This has been the worst 18 months of his life. Up until now, people just bought his BS. It worked in the disgusting property world. He can't get away with anything now. His constant lying. His criminal Acts. The way he constantly cheats on Melania. This is all stuff that was swept under the rug before.  He is not enjoying himself. It's the reason he calls Fox & Friends talks in front of NRA and schedules rallies like he's campaigning for something.

Correct me if I’m wrong but Trump didn’t really drive high GOP turnout in 2016, he suppressed Dem turnout. I don’t think that trick works in State and District races scattered across the country.
I also don't think the Nancy Pelosi is the devil plan was all that bright either. Which is probably why the GOP is backing away from it now. Who in the state and district levels gives two chits about Nancy Pelosi?

I seriously doubt he is, the SDNY maybe.
I don't know..it seems a pretty big piece of the puzzle.  Trump's sons admitted at the time that Russian money was flowing in and supporting their businesses...Trump has historically levered up to the hilt (and gone bankrupt numerous times as a result), then he basically can't get a loan any longer (except from Deutsche bank who has been severely penalized as a money laundering conduit for the Russians) now suddenly shifts to all cash purchases which isn't prudent real estate investment wise but is consistent with money laundering.  If the Russians and their funds have basically been supporting his Corporate empire over the last decade I think that's pretty relevant in relation to explaining his cozy ties to Russia and how it could compromise him in a myriad of ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ana's got a point

Ana Navarro‏Verified account @ananavarro 32s32 seconds ago

The GOP has to really ask themselves, why is it that pedophiles, convicts, racists, bigots, Neo-Nazis are all choosing to run as Republicans. Worse yet, they are actually mounting credible campaigns and getting support. It should worry any Republican left with an iota of decency.

Ana's got a point

The GOP has to really ask themselves, why is it that pedophiles, convicts, racists, bigots, Neo-Nazis are all choosing to run as Republicans. Worse yet, they are actually mounting credible campaigns and getting support. It should worry any Republican left with an iota of decency.
One could say this is a group of really unsavory characters, nay, a basket of deplorables.

Ana's got a point

Unsurprisingly, it is not.

Ana's got a point

#MAGA!

I'm a registered Republican (for now, at least, and mainly for local reasons).  I'm absolutely abhorred and embarrassed. Have been since before Trump got elected. Worry would be an understatement. 
Yes, but you aren't part of the political landscape in DC, correct? I understood Navarro's tweet to mean those in a position to do something about it now. Those in congess. I admit though, I may have mistaken her words to mean something she didn't intend.

Yes, but you aren't part of the political landscape in DC, correct? I understood Navarro's tweet to mean those in a position to do something about it now. Those in congess. I admit though, I may have mistaken her words to mean something she didn't intend.
Oops, I should have probably read the whole portion of the conversation to understand context. 

Ana's got a point

"Just remember that it was the Democrats that started the Klan"

Trump trying to shut down Blankenship's hopes Tweets - "Remember Alabama."

That'd be the one where you backed an alleged child predator. You really sure you want people remembering that?

Giulilani has one of the more unusual falls in politics I can remember.

After 9/11 he was "America's Mayor."

Yesterday he was trying to convince everyone that he was just as good a "fixer" as Michael Cohen.

Giulilani has one of the more unusual falls in politics I can remember.

After 9/11 he was "America's Mayor."

Yesterday he was trying to convince everyone that he was just as good a "fixer" as Michael Cohen.
Keeerist. I read that NYT article on the fixer.

We've basically let the rats get in the White House and are are being held hostage by mobsters.

Trump trying to shut down Blankenship's hopes Tweets - "Remember Alabama."

That'd be the one where you backed an alleged child predator. You really sure you want people remembering that?
Well, Donald actually backed Luther Strange in the GOP primary but Alabama Republicans proved themselves to be even worse people than the Don by picking "Judge" Roy. True, Donald went all in for the "Judge" in the actual Senate race.

Everywhere I look in GOP primaries, there's at least one candidate who's even worse than Trump. I don't know what to make of any of that. How committed to the demise of the republic do you have to be to get yourself tossed out of the Republican Party?

Ana's got a point

Like, for instance....?

shameless....

Jeff Stein‏ @JStein_WaPo

White House is trying to cut the Children's Health Insurance Program by about $7 billion & Obamacare funds by ~$800 million

shameless....

Jeff Stein‏ @JStein_WaPo

White House is trying to cut the Children's Health Insurance Program by about $7 billion & Obamacare funds by ~$800 million
Huh, guess they need more money for the military....you know, to build the stupid wall.

Gr00vus said:
The worst part is, it wouldn't be a problem if they'd just attributed the original source of the language. No one would care that she included previous content - in fact that might even have lended more credibility to her message. Instead they go this route, again. We know she's not writing any of this herself anyway, so its not just an inexplicable #### up on her part, but on her handlers' and ghost writers as well. Just lousy, stupid people.
of course but they make a big roll out like it's something new...it's just embarrassing and shows how little effort they put into it.   She shouldn't feel the need to "do something"...she's a model that married an insane ahole that she clearly doesn't like...she looks miserable nearly every time you see her.  Just go hang out with your kid.

One funny aside though...my buddy is a member at Trump's course and the running joke there is that the golf pro is his adopted dad.  He is apparently there with the golf pro all summer long and whenever you see Baron, the club pro is with him.  The one time I was there last year Baron was on the putting green with the pro.

cmon...after the whole speech debacle on her next biggest roll out she's going to plagiarize something else?  Just go back to pretending to being married and that all is well...

did they really think no one would find out?  it took about 2 hours....what a trainwreck of an administration..
Never seen a group of individuals muck up the simplest of things so often.

cmon...after the whole speech debacle on her next biggest roll out she's going to plagiarize something else?  Just go back to pretending to being married and that all is well...

did they really think no one would find out?  it took about 2 hours....what a trainwreck of an administration..
I think one of the under noticed aspect of this administration is how fundamentally lazy they are. They really aren't that interested in the day to day grind of running a Government. 

Most people will look at Melania's anti cyber bullying initiative as more than a little inconsistent with her own life but I am more concerned with the stupid name this initiative holds.  I get she's an ESL student but what the hell does Be Best mean?   "Be Your Best" could make sense, "Be who you are" could be something but how does a kid who is being bullied rally around a campaign which is missing a basic portion of a sentence.

Maybe it's a weird code that she's using to signal to her friends that she's being held captive by a psycho path

Being
Exhorted

By an
Estranged 
Sycophant
Tyrant 

[scooter] said:

both on ignore.

Steals?  You’re pretty desperate aren’t you.  Ol Russia story not going your way so you look for literally anything you can to slam Trump.  The left has officially become as delusional as the anti-Obama nutcases on the right. 
“The left”?

Steals?  You’re pretty desperate aren’t you.  Ol Russia story not going your way so you look for literally anything you can to slam Trump.  The left has officially become as delusional as the anti-Obama nutcases on the right. 
Dude, what else would you call it? And is there no shame? From what we are seeing, she flat out copied / plagerized her platform / biggest announcement to date.

How does that not deserve to be called out? It's below the lowest of bars of acceptable. :shrug:  

oh, it's also not going after Trump. This is on the First Lady and her team. 

Dude, what else would you call it? And is there no shame? From what we are seeing, she flat out copied / plagerized her platform / biggest announcement to date.

How does that not deserve to be called out? It's below the lowest of bars of acceptable. :shrug:  

oh, it's also not going after Trump. This is on the First Lady and her team. 
It’s not stealing that’s absurd.  Anyone that works in a large corporation has many times used slide decks or materials that others develop because they are effective.  She specifically gives credit to the FTC on PAGE TWO and you can bet she got permission.

You can call it lazy if you want, but it’s not stealing or plagiarism.  That’s absurd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread