What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not stealing that’s absurd.  Anyone that works in a large corporation has many times used slide decks or materials that others develop because they are effective.  She specifically gives credit to the FTC on PAGE TWO and you can bet she got permission.

You can call it lazy if you want, but it’s not stealing or plagiarism.  That’s absurd
She doesn't give credit, that's the same statement as was in the original 2014 document - it's the original unaltered page 2 from that document. All she's done is interject her personal message as the new 2nd page and tacked on the Be Best "info" as the last page. It's just a repackaging. They spent nearly zero effort on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
She doesn't give credit, that's the same statement as was in the original 2014 document - it's the original unaltered page 2 from that document. All she's done is interject her personal message as the new 2nd page and tacked on the Be Best "info" as the last page. It's just a repackaging. They spent nearly zero effort on this.
Yeah she didn't really steal anything, here.  She just re-printed the same info from 2014.  I'd be surprised if she herself has ever even seen the content of the pamphlet. 

It’s not stealing that’s absurd.  Anyone that works in a large corporation has many times used slide decks or materials that others develop because they are effective.  She specifically gives credit to the FTC on PAGE TWO and you can bet she got permission.

You can call it lazy if you want, but it’s not stealing or plagiarism.  That’s absurd
She doesn't "credit" the FTC.  She copied the exact words: "This guide from the Federal Trade Commission covers issues . . ."  It doesn't even make sense the way it was reproduced.  Because "this" isn't a guide from the FTC, it's from the First Lady's Office.  They didn't even proofread it.

If they truly did want to "give credit" to the FTC, there would have been much better and less confusing ways to go about it. 

This isn't a huge deal or anything.  It's really not.  But it should be ok to call out screw ups.

She doesn't "credit" the FTC.  She copied the exact words: "This guide from the Federal Trade Commission covers issues . . ."  It doesn't even make sense the way it was reproduced.  Because "this" isn't a guide from the FTC, it's from the First Lady's Office.  They didn't even proofread it.

If they truly did want to "give credit" to the FTC, there would have been much better and less confusing ways to go about it. 

This isn't a huge deal or anything.  It's really not.  But it should be ok to call out screw ups.
And it would be rather easy to announce as an updated version and the First Lady believed she should use her platform to re-iterate.

I'm a teacher. I've had several continuing ed classes where teachers share successful unit /lesson plans and we all "steal" plans. I have started so many conversations with "I am stealing that."

Now to be totally objective: Melania Trump is the First Lady. If she wants to promote the positions of the FTC, then I'm ok with that.

Tomorrow, at  2pm, Trump’s going to announce whether or not he’ll keep the Iran Deal. 

Now CNN is reporting that on the anniversary of the appointment of Mueller coming up, Trump wants to announce whether or not he’ll be interviewed by Mueller and what the details will be. 

Putting issues aside, is anyone else as sick  of this as I am? He’s treating the White House, the Presidency, like a game show. It’s all a big spectacle. I guess some folks like this, but honestly it makes me want to puke. It’s disgusting. 

Tomorrow, at  2pm, Trump’s going to announce whether or not he’ll keep the Iran Deal. 

Now CNN is reporting that on the anniversary of the appointment of Mueller coming up, Trump wants to announce whether or not he’ll be interviewed by Mueller and what the details will be. 

Putting issues aside, is anyone else as sick  of this as I am? He’s treating the White House, the Presidency, like a game show. It’s all a big spectacle. I guess some folks like this, but honestly it makes me want to puke. It’s disgusting. 
He continues to be a classless turd. We should expect nothing less. 

I suspect that you're not so much "disgusted" as you are "concerned that his theatrics will impress undecided voters".

He’s a reality star that got voted president.  It is what it is.  Ultimately kind of meaningless to be honest.  

Yeah it’s cool to call out screw ups.  The “omg she’s lying” is over the top.  It’s got to be exhausting to sit there all day long, wait for something to get outraged about, then get outraged.  Reminds me of the Obama era. That’s the world of politics now, which is why I’m glad not to be part of it.

Trump will likely say he is tearing up the Iran deal once if comes up with one that works for Murica.  Then he will just talk about it for a few years while never changing the current deal.

The Wall 101.

When the refusal of the subpoena goes to the SCOTUS it will be a great season 3 finale when Gorsuch votes with the majority that Trump must submit.
Thus beginning the tweet war, SCOTUS edition with Trump ranting daily about how he wouldn’t have nominated Gorsuch if he knew that he wouldn’t side with him on all issues.

Boris Johnson went on Fox & Friends to send a personal message to Trump in this regard.

Boris Johnson, the Foreign Minister of the UK, did not send an e-mail, did not grab the phone, he went on Fox & Friends

Think about that for a second

I thought that all of Obama's policies were crap and no good for America? Oh well, since they aren't looking to do any real work, I guess repackaging and tweaking an Obama era policy and promoting it as their own is sufficient to MAGA.

What a complete joke of an administration. 

He continues to be a classless turd. We should expect nothing less. 
Well. Obama maybe should have submitted this to the senate.   Obama overstepped.   He made a deal that the next guy could nix.   Unfortunately hillary lost.   And trump hates anything with obamas name on it.

Well. Obama maybe should have submitted this to the senate.   Obama overstepped.   He made a deal that the next guy could nix.   Unfortunately hillary lost.   And trump hates anything with obamas name on it.
He would never have gotten it past the senate but agree it was a risk all along with the deal.

A wonky look at presidential approval ratings by Nate Silver. Trump's have been the most stable since Kennedy. Of course, JFK's range in his first 500 days was from a high of 82% to a low of 72%, whereas Don's is 44-36. 

Silver cautions against reading too much into this, however, saying that stable approval ratings early in a president's term don't necessarily mean they will remain stable later on. Nor does it mean that they can't go up (we really need to talk about the chances of Trump winning more people to his side) or even get worse (like Nixon). That may be as unlikely as them going up because it seems pretty clear by now that there is virtually nothing he could do to earn the disapproval of 35% of the electorate.

A wonky look at presidential approval ratings by Nate Silver. Trump's have been the most stable since Kennedy. Of course, JFK's range in his first 500 days was from a high of 82% to a low of 72%, whereas Don's is 44-36. 

Silver cautions against reading too much into this, however, saying that stable approval ratings early in a president's term don't necessarily mean they will remain stable later on. Nor does it mean that they can't go up (we really need to talk about the chances of Trump winning more people to his side) or even get worse (like Nixon). That may be as unlikely as them going up because it seems pretty clear by now that there is virtually nothing he could do to earn the disapproval of 35% of the electorate.
I'd ask Silver if anyone in history with an approval rating similar to Trump's ever won re-election? 

Hating anything with Obama’s name on it is part of the classless turd. I get Obama made fun of donald after 8 years of Donald’s weird drunk racist uncle rant about Obama not being born here. But get over the obsession.

The need for approval is so bizzare. Your 70 freaking years old and won the presidency. The majority of the country doesn’t like you, they never will. That’s part of holding public office.

Let’s announce major policy on twitter like I’m releasing a new line of Trump Steaks! 

The guy has many pathetic qualities and I’m not even bringing in his policies.

Power or perceived power is a nasty drug, right Adam?

Adam Schiff‏Verified account @RepAdamSchiff 35s35 seconds ago

Giuliani’s embarrassing effort to explain what Trump knew and when he knew it, is a useful reminder that no one who works with the President leaves with an improved reputation for integrity or truthfulness. Why are so many willing to debase themselves for a seat at Trump’s table?

Power or perceived power is a nasty drug, right Adam?

Adam Schiff‏Verified account @RepAdamSchiff 35s35 seconds ago

Giuliani’s embarrassing effort to explain what Trump knew and when he knew it, is a useful reminder that no one who works with the President leaves with an improved reputation for integrity or truthfulness. Why are so many willing to debase themselves for a seat at Trump’s table?
There is something to be said about working for the office, if the president calls you serve. I thought I have heard this being said in a much more eloquent way. 

In Rudy’s case I would guess he would have chewed off his arm to just be mentioned by Donald.

There is something to be said about working for the office, if the president calls you serve. I thought I have heard this being said in a much more eloquent way. 

In Rudy’s case I would guess he would have chewed off his arm to just be mentioned by Donald.
And to be on TV again with a perceived sense of importance.

I'd ask Silver if anyone in history with an approval rating similar to Trump's ever won re-election? 
Interesting question. His chart shows that O won re-election in '12 despite never being higher than 51% over the last nearly 1,000 days of his first term. And against a viable opponent, too. I don't know how far back approval rating tracking goes, though.

Interesting question. His chart shows that O won re-election in '12 despite never being higher than 51% over the last nearly 1,000 days of his first term. And against a viable opponent, too. I don't know how far back approval rating tracking goes, though.
Trump would kill for a 51% approval rating. When it nudges above 40% he gets an extra scoop of ice cream.

To me, this is the key question for someone like Silver who analyzes these things. Has someone with an approval rating this low won re-election? Add onto that the fact Trump lost the popular vote as well. Just seems like there's a lot working against him even before one begins to look at what successes he may or may not have had and what policies he's enacted. 

Hating anything with Obama’s name on it is part of the classless turd. I get Obama made fun of donald after 8 years of Donald’s weird drunk racist uncle rant about Obama not being born here. But get over the obsession.

The need for approval is so bizzare. Your 70 freaking years old and won the presidency. The majority of the country doesn’t like you, they never will. That’s part of holding public office.

Let’s announce major policy on twitter like I’m releasing a new line of Trump Steaks! 

I'm sorry.......I'm not comprehending......what policies? DJT constantly flip-flops on his stances and I've got no freaking clue what his actual policies are. I've yet to hear him describe, with any consistency, what his policies are. (With the obvious exclusion of his hatred and loathing for anyone with non-white skin.)

Other than stating what he's going to do for the country, without any clue how to accomplish those goals, ever, he's got nothing. Zip. Nadda. Zero.

If only obama had followed your advice.  Trump may have not even run for president.

I'm sorry.......I'm not comprehending......what policies? DJT constantly flip-flops on his stances and I've got no freaking clue what his actual policies are. I've yet to hear him describe, with any consistency, what his policies are. (With the obvious exclusion of his hatred and loathing for anyone with non-white skin.)

Other than stating what he's going to do for the country, without any clue how to accomplish those goals, ever, he's got nothing. Zip. Nadda. Zero.
Has the NAACP ever revoked his ellis island  Medal of Honor award?

If only obama had followed your advice.  Trump may have not even run for president.
He made fun of the guy at a dinner party thing made for jokes. Trump had spent years questioning his legitimacy got a few shots. If its true that is what drove him to want to be president that is some psychopath level mental illness. 

He made fun of the guy at a dinner party thing made for jokes. Trump had spent years questioning his legitimacy got a few shots. If its true that is what drove him to want to be president that is some psychopath level mental illness. 
If you think humilating someone in public is mature and presidential.   Well we disagree.

With Trump.  Payback is real mf.'r

It was the press correspondence dinner thing where they roast themselves. I think the whole point of the evening is to not take themselves too seriously. 
Im sorry but im misding something.   Trump wasnt part of the roast.   

Hey i really dont care.  But im pretty sure Trump decided that night he was gonna run for president.    And tear obamas legacy to shreds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread