What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
God what a scumbag. 
Do you think any other President who has ran up our debt has thought any differently?  Trump doesn't hold back and actually says what's on his mind, which to me is a refreshing change of pace.  Sometimes it's seen as crass or heartless, but its also honest.  Most people can't seem to handle this and I guess they just want the canned politically correct answers politicians usually give even though you know its total BS..  

Do you think any other President who has ran up our debt has thought any differently?  Trump doesn't hold back and actually says what's on his mind, which to me is a refreshing change of pace.  Sometimes it's seen as crass or heartless, but its also honest.  Most people can't seem to handle this and I guess they just want the canned politically correct answers politicians usually give even though you know its total BS..  
I actually don’t think many Presidents have ever thought this way.

Yes. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama all consistently ran on reducing the deficit. Every one of them. Bush Sr. threw his presidency away by taking the risk of agreeing to higher taxes. Clinton actually balanced the budget, with the GOP Congress.

The friction came to a head in early 2017 when senior officials offered Trump charts and graphics laying out the numbers and showing a “hockey stick” spike in the national debt in the not-too-distant future. In response, Trump noted that the data suggested the debt would reach a critical mass only after his possible second term in office.

“Yeah, but I won’t be here,” the president bluntly said, according to a source who was in the room when Trump made this comment during discussions on the debt.
I don't think there's been a president who has thought that actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama all consistently ran on reducing the deficit. Every one of them. Bush Sr. threw his presidency away by taking the risk of agreeing to higher taxes. Clinton actually balanced the budget, with the GOP Congress.

I don't think there's been a president who has thought that actually.
Reagan, but he also had Alzheimer's.

God what a scumbag. 
The whole point of the concept of being "crass, heartless and honest" is that it is supposed to refer to something that the public doesn't want to hear, but which may be a necessary reality.

"We must cut social programs to balance the budget" -- crass, heartless, and honest.

"We are going to kill civilians in this war" -- crass, heartless, and honest.

Trump supporters (such as yourself) have corrupted this concept, and are now applying it to things that are not necessary. So, when you go around saying "It's so refreshing to see Trump talk about creating a debt crisis!", you are displaying a level of intellectual dishonesty that instantly destroys the very point you were trying to make.

Also, I think you are fundamentally wrong about past Presidents. Because while most Presidents understood that future debt was a bad thing, I believe that they all retained hope that the future economy would create enough money to pay down that debt. But Trump is now admitting that he not only has no hope of the economy paying down the debt, but he seems to be gleeful about it. This is not something that anyone should describe as "refreshing".

One final note: while you claim that Trump's words are "refreshing", I don't think that you or the majority of his supporters would have voted for Trump if he had ever said "It's okay if I blow up the debt because I won't be around!" You like it when he speaks frankly, but only when he speaks frankly about subjects you agree with.

What about when he lies?   

Yea seriously. If Trump proclaimed this to the world, I would at least respect him for having some balls
exactly.  The irony is that Butcher Boy's defence of Trump's "honesty" is actually an example of what a two-faced liar he is.  Privately: "#### it".  Publically:  whatever pablum for the easily duped masses.

Here are some more crass yet honest things that Trump could say, which I'm sure his supporters will find to be refreshing...

"Building The Wall is a bad idea. It would never stop illegals anyway."
"Illegal immigrants are good for the country overall."
"I have no intention of draining the swamp. I want the swamp to be more corrupt than ever!"
"Christianity is a lie."
"Abortion is good for the country."
"The Constitution is outdated."
"We should take more guns away from people."
"My supporters are morons."

Butcher Boy post here might be the worst I have seen in awhile and that is saying something. I get not trusting politicians. I generally don't either. But defending a politician for acknowledging they don't care about the citizens, that is pure garbage. 
when you just copy/paste from free republic, things like this will happen.

Butcher Boy post here might be the worst I have seen in awhile and that is saying something. I get not trusting politicians. I generally don't either. But defending a politician for acknowledging they don't care about the citizens, that is pure garbage. 
"All politicians try to #### me over, but I love that this one tells me up front that he is trying to #### me over."

followed by

"We can't trust those Dems.  What they say may sound good, but they're secretly trying to #### us over."

The first bolded part would be cool if the 2nd bolded and underlined part weren't even moreso true about Trump.  

It can be an asset to speak your mind when you know what you are talking about - which is not the case with Trump.

In a way this is true, and I do have to say that Trump is saying stuff here that other Presidents have probably thought but won’t say out loud, and he did the same thing with Saudi Arabia, and about several other issues. And I can see why you would find it refreshing. 

But it doesn’t change the fact that he and the Republicans are very much to blame for the current size of the debt. They cut taxes in the middle of an economic boon. 

refreshing garbage

No, mostly what he actually says is beneath the standards we should expect from the POTUS at best and is grade school education level nonsense at worst. He’s a disgrace to the office and the country. That’s what a lot of people “can’t handle”.

Exactly zero percent surprised.  

It’s how he runs his business’s so why would anyone expect different. 
I'm actually somewhat relieved he acknowledges he won't be around after a second term. I am fully expecting four or five at a minimum. 

Hearing the media talk about how uncomfortable this must be for Trump as the those doing the eulogies praise George HW Bush for being humble, noble,  decent, and dignified. You know what Trump is thinking? "Well everyone knows that I am the most noble, dignified, humble, respected, President ever but this is a funeral and they have to say nice stuff about him."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebraska gave Trump 58% of the vote.

Tariffs have cost the state over a billion dollars in revenue: https://www.omaha.com/money/agriculture/trade-conflicts-have-cost-nebraska-economy-more-than-billion-farm/article_ffdd7816-7fdb-56e4-b6c0-8c48051edf02.html

The total loss in Nebraska farm revenues due to the retaliatory tariffs ranges from $695 million to $1.026 billion so far in 2018,” Rempe said. “That’s roughly 11 to 16 percent of the export values of Nebraska agriculture goods in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread