What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zow said:
This is the sort of critique I'd expect from a middle school girl.  Let's focus on the real things meriting criticism of Trump. 
You know who you are replying to, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, pillar of honesty Donald trump. What a refreshing change, that rather than skirt the issue he just says “I don’t care if I’m screwing over our future generations.” I’m sure they weren’t shown data similar to what trump saw either, because none of them faced the same dire numbers. What’s he going to do, step out of the Oval Office one day and yell “I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!!!”

Trump's funeral will have the most people ever at a Presidential funeral. More people will show up and mourn the fallen leader, when that day comes. Just like his inauguration. Huge!

The Obamas are all class they handled today’s moment really ably. Tbh it looked like the Clintons were prepared to deal with Donald genteelly as well but he didn’t give them the chance. And then there was Carter at the end, unacknowledged by Donald as well. 
Can you imagine knowing that every living president hates you?  And that you're not respected at all?  No wonder Trump hates attending these things.

He hates attending them because they are not about him. And he can't change that
He hates doing anything except attend rallies where it's assured everyone likes him.  Imagine going to the summit and realize that, not only are you despised by 90% of the world leaders, but many of them are mocking and laughing at you. Only to return to your own country and be surrounded by your well-respected predecessors and realize they hate you too.  If he doesn't schedule a rally in the next week, I'll be shocked.

He hates doing anything except attend rallies where it's assured everyone likes him.  Imagine going to the summit and realize that, not only are you despised by 90% of the world leaders, but many of them are mocking and laughing at you. Only to return to your own country and be surrounded by your well-respected predecessors and realize they hate you too.  If he doesn't schedule a rally in the next week, I'll be shocked.
And then sign a major document in the wrong place, fueling more snickers. Get me outta here, amiright?

I'm still :lmao: over this - this may be my favorite clip of the Trump years - it encapsulates how clueless he is, combined with how many ####s he doesn't give, combined with what a moron everyone thinks he is.  Somebody needs to overlay the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme on this.

MAGA!!!!!!
That is just perfect.  

more do what I say not what I do from our leader...apparently Trump has had an undocumented worker making his bed since 2013 and there are several other illegals there as well just in his Bedminster golf club.  Again, the law and order patriot seems to think what's good for everyone else doesn't apply to him.  what a complete fraud....  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/trump-bedminster-golf-undocumented-workers.html
He happened to find the few that aren't rapists or gang members.

more do what I say not what I do from our leader...apparently Trump has had an undocumented worker making his bed since 2013 and there are several other illegals there as well just in his Bedminster golf club.  Again, the law and order patriot seems to think what's good for everyone else doesn't apply to him.  what a complete fraud....  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/us/trump-bedminster-golf-undocumented-workers.html
I don't think anyone could have seen that coming.

I turned on Rush Limbaugh today curious as to what he was talking about.

Was he talking about:

A) Tariffs/Trade War/Stock Market

B) Meng Detention

C) Mueller/Flynn/Trump Invesitigtion

D) Militant gays upset at Reagan for not talking about AIDS more

I turned on Rush Limbaugh today curious as to what he was talking about.

Was he talking about:

A) Tariffs/Trade War/Stock Market

B) Meng Detention

C) Mueller/Flynn/Trump Invesitigtion

D) Militant gays upset at Reagan for not talking about AIDS more
d seems least appropriate, so I'll go with that

will the evangelical Trump call out his buddy or will he get the MBS treatment??    :popcorn:

The Washington Post‏Verified account @washingtonpost

Most of the Philippines is Catholic — and Duterte said Catholic bishops should be killed

1:53 PM - 6 Dec 2018

will the evangelical Trump call out his buddy or will he get the MBS treatment??    :popcorn:

Most of the Philippines is Catholic — and Duterte said Catholic bishops should be killed

The KKK hates Catholics. HTH

I don't think this story is scandalous or an issue for Trump, but it's still a great story.  The woman profiled is incredibly brave and gives a helluva quote:

But Ms. Morales said she has been hurt by Mr. Trump’s public comments since he became president, including equating Latin American immigrants with violent criminals. It was that, she said, along with abusive comments from a supervisor at work about her intelligence and immigration status, that made her feel that she could no longer keep silent.

“We are tired of the abuse, the insults, the way he talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money,” she said. “We sweat it out to attend to his every need and have to put up with his humiliation.”
This detail is also pretty funny:

That same year, she said, Mr. Trump had an outburst over some orange stains on the collar of his white golf shirt, which Ms. Diaz described as stubborn remnants of his makeup, which she had difficulty removing.

Trump to nominate Heather Nauert as next US Ambassador to the UN.

It's getting harder and harder to get shocked by things these days, but pretty hard to wrap my head around someone who, as of 1-1/2 years ago was a news presenter on Fox & Friends, and whose only government experience is a spokesperson, getting one of the most senior positions in government.
I'm 100% convinced that Trump thinks of US Ambassador to the UN as a kind of "Miss America Emeritus" position.  Just picks the best looking woman over the age of 40 who is willing to work for his administration.

Don Quixote said:

It's getting harder and harder to get shocked by things these days, but pretty hard to wrap my head around someone who, as of 1-1/2 years ago was a news presenter on Fox & Friends, and whose only government experience is a spokesperson, getting one of the most senior positions in government.
Beat out Jeanne Kirkpatrick in the swimsuit competition. 

Is it really that important a position though? She doesn’t set any policy. It strikes me as a spokesman to the world position, and so I don’t see the problem with hiring a TV personality.

I know very little about Barr but he seems highly regarded so I’m good with it for now. 

Don Quixote said:

As always, the Republican party leaders just sit there twiddling their thumbs. Not a one of them has the spine to say something.

Is it really that important a position though? She doesn’t set any policy. It strikes me as a spokesman to the world position, and so I don’t see the problem with hiring a TV personality.
There is a lot of politicking involved getting countries lined up on UN resolutions.  I'm sure Nikki Haley had to do some work  on that with respect to the North Korea sanctions resolution last year, for example.  

My guess is that John Bolton wants to be the de facto person doing that, so he was okay with Nauert.  And Trump thinks of it as the Miss America Emeritus like TF said, so Trump was okay with her too.

Sexy Rexy chiming in:

Rex Tillerson on Trump: ‘Undisciplined, doesn’t like to read' and tries to do illegal things

Rex Tillerson came a little bit closer Thursday to saying what he actually thinks of President Trump.

The fired secretary of state, who while in office reportedly called Trump a “moron” (and declined to deny it), expounded on his thoughts on the president in a rare interview with CBS News’s Bob Schieffer in Houston.

It wasn’t difficult to read between the lines. Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read,” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

Tillerson also appeared to take a shot at Trump’s chief method of communication, Twitter.

“I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with a 128 characters,” Tillerson said.

He was quick to say that that wasn’t meant as a shot at Trump but our political system more broadly. Next to his other comments, though, it wasn’t difficult to see he was lumping Trump with all those Americans who aren’t intellectually curious enough about policy and the actual details of U.S. government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexy Rexy chiming in:

Rex Tillerson on Trump: ‘Undisciplined, doesn’t like to read' and tries to do illegal things

Rex Tillerson came a little bit closer Thursday to saying what he actually thinks of President Trump.

The fired secretary of state, who while in office reportedly called Trump a “moron” (and declined to deny it), expounded on his thoughts on the president in a rare interview with CBS News’s Bob Schieffer in Houston.

It wasn’t difficult to read between the lines. Tillerson said Trump is “pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read,” and repeatedly attempted to do illegal things. He didn’t call Trump a “moron,” but he didn’t exactly suggest Trump was a scholar — or even just a steady leader.

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

Tillerson also appeared to take a shot at Trump’s chief method of communication, Twitter.

“I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues — that they are satisfied with a 128 characters,” Tillerson said.

He was quick to say that that wasn’t meant as a shot at Trump but our political system more broadly. Next to his other comments, though, it wasn’t difficult to see he was lumping Trump with all those Americans who aren’t intellectually curious enough about policy and the actual details of U.S. government.
another angry democrat....

Only the best people...

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 52m52 minutes ago

Heather Nauert, the woman Trump just announced as his next U.N. Ambassador pick, had little experience in government or foreign policy before joining the admin in April 2017. Before that, she had been an anchor and correspondent for Fox News, including on the 'Fox and Friends.'

I know very little about Barr but he seems highly regarded so I’m good with it for now. 
Pretty dim view of the function of the UN. I'd like to think it can still be a useful and important organization. 

remember the insane OUTRAGE when Clinton met on the tarmac for a few minutes with Lynch?  ahh, good times...

Laura Rozen‏ @lrozen

fwiw, WH pool reports acting AG Matt Whitaker & Jared Kushner were spotted boarding Marine 1, apparently traveling w Trump to KC

7:31 AM - 7 Dec 2018

remember the insane OUTRAGE when Clinton met on the tarmac for a few minutes with Lynch?  ahh, good times...

Laura Rozen‏ @lrozen

fwiw, WH pool reports acting AG Matt Whitaker & Jared Kushner were spotted boarding Marine 1, apparently traveling w Trump to KC

7:31 AM - 7 Dec 2018
Probably just talking about their grandchildren, I'm sure.

Banger said:

Trump is not evangelical. He is nominally a Presbyterian, which is a non-evangelical church. ("Evangelical" basically means "being born again and spreading the word about Jesus" -- two things that Trump would never do.)

This is actually one of the reasons why so many evangelicals support Trump. They continually give him the benefit of the doubt because he's not evangelical (and therefore is not expected to act like other born-again Christians).

When you get rid of all the career bureaucrats, then you have no idea how government works:

The Justice Department Still Hasn't Told The Government Accountability Office That Jeff Sessions Quit

Federal law requires the vacancy and any acting appointment to be reported "immediately" to the Government Accountability Office. A month after the shakeup at the Department of Justice, the GAO hasn't been informed.

President Donald Trump may have a pick he plans to nominate to be attorney general, but his Justice Department has yet to file the required paperwork that states Jeff Sessions has left the office.

Under the Federal Vacancies Reform Act, the head of the Justice Department was to report the vacancy in the office of attorney general and any appointment of an acting attorney general to the head of the Government Accountability Office "immediately."

It's been a month since Trump forced Sessions to resign from his position as attorney general and then tweeted that Matthew Whitaker, Sessions' chief of staff, would be the acting attorney general.

There has been no notification.

The comptroller general of the United States, the head of the accountability office, hasn't received any reporting of either the vacancy or the acting appointment, a GAO spokesperson told BuzzFeed News on Friday morning.

A Justice Department spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment on why the GAO reporting has not happened.

This reporting is important — in addition to being the law — because the GAO tracks the length of service of acting officers under the vacancies law and is responsible for reporting to Congress and the White House when such acting officers serve beyond the permitted time allowed under the law (usually 210 days).

Greg Olear

@gregolear

take what @CheriJacobus says with the caveat that she’s been right about almost everything Trump-related for the last two years.

@CheriJacobus

Remember when McConnell and Murdoch met after hours in the Capitol just after the mid-terms? This is why. They are pushing Trump towards and exit ramp. With 22 GOP Senate seats to defend in 2020 (Dems have only 12) they can't afford to have Trump at the top of the ticket.

Greg Olear

@gregolear

take what @CheriJacobus says with the caveat that she’s been right about almost everything Trump-related for the last two years.

@CheriJacobus

Remember when McConnell and Murdoch met after hours in the Capitol just after the mid-terms? This is why. They are pushing Trump towards and exit ramp. With 22 GOP Senate seats to defend in 2020 (Dems have only 12) they can't afford to have Trump at the top of the ticket.
might help explain the Tucker Carlson comments

THIS is how you breed loyalty!!  Terrific leader...he's the anti-George HW Bush

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!

12:02 PM - 7 Dec 2018

Greg Olear

@gregolear

@CheriJacobus

So Fox and the GOP are going to turn on Donald not for the benefit of the country, rather the benefit of the GOP.

That's nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread