What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.  I thought this was about Trumps tweets today.
It was, except in Trump supporter's heads. 

Homelessness and poverty - the two things Trump will address just as soon as he is reelected and has cured cancer and AIDS, those are the real issues....

It was, except in Trump supporter's heads. 

Homelessness and poverty - the two things Trump will address just as soon as he is reelected and has cured cancer and AIDS, those are the real issues....
I’m sure it’s always been about a Kenyan-born President.  At least that’s what he told me 10 years ago.  

This is his basic racist attack.  He’s been doing for 10 years.  No one on the right stood up to the nonsense then, and no one will now.

I think this is the thread that got the most talk. Trump needs an apology and fast. Shame these women!!!!!

President Trump apparently called on four newly elected congresswomen of color to apologize to him after he said they should “go back” to their “broken and crime infested” countries. The comments were widely condemned as racist — and three of the four were born in the U.S.

“When will the Radical Left Congresswomen apologize to our Country, the people of Israel and even to the Office of the President, for the foul language they have used, and the terrible things they have said,” Trump tweeted Monday. “So many people are angry at them & their horrible & disgusting actions!”

Trump’s “foul language” jab was apparently referring to Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., who once vowed that Congress would “impeach the motherf***er.” Trump lashed out again against “foul language” in a following tweet.

“If Democrats want to unite around the foul language & racist hatred spewed from the mouths and actions of these very unpopular & unrepresentative Congresswomen, it will be interesting to see how it plays out,” he wrote.

His comments came after Democrats, including presidential candidates Kamala Harris and Beto O’Rourke, along with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi denounced the inflammatory tweets as racist.

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” Trump tweeted on Sunday. “Then come back and show us how it is done.”

The nativist rhetoric “go back to your country” is often used in racist and xenophobic attacks, including a recent hate crime in New York City last week in which a Hispanic female construction worker was attacked and told, “You’re here taking jobs from Americans.”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., one of the “‘Progressive’ Democrat Congresswomen” Trump was referring to in his Sunday morning Twitter thread, hit back at the president on Sunday, reminding him that she was born in the United States.

“You are angry because you can’t conceive of an America that includes us,” said Ocasio-Cortez, who has the same birthplace as Trump’s father. “You rely on a frightened America for your plunder.”

The four newly elected Democratic women, who call themselves “the squad,” are Tlaib, Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Ilhan Omar of Minnesota. Omar became a refugee at age 10 when a brutal civil war devastated Somalia, a predominantly Muslim country in East Africa, and became a citizen in 2000.

Omar, the first Somali-American in Congress and first hijab-wearing Muslim member of the House, has faced fierce opposition over her controversial statements about Israel, and also responded to Trump Sunday. Omar wrote: “You are stoking white nationalism [because] you are angry that people like us are serving in Congress and fighting against your hate-filled agenda.”

Trump had interjected an ongoing feud between House progressives and the Democratic establishment over a border spending bill when he called out the four freshman congresswomen. Last week, after Ocasio-Cortez had accused the speaker of the house of persistently “singling out” women of color, Trump defended Pelosi. “I'll tell you something about Nancy Pelosi that you know better than I do: She is not a racist,” he said.

Pelosi, however, rejected Trump’s “xenophobic comments meant to divide our nation,” saying, “When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to ‘Make America Great Again’ has always been about making America white again.”

.@RealDonaldTrump, we must be better than comments like these. I share the political frustrations with some members of the other party, but these comments are beneath leaders.

from gop. rep paul mitchell

fred upton from michigan too:

Frankly I’m appalled by the President's tweets. There’s no excuse. Inflammatory rhetoric from both sides of the aisle that is used to divide us just isn’t right. It’s not helpful. We have too many challenges facing us...

...that we ought to be working on together – immigration, the debt ceiling, the border crisis. The President’s tweets were flat out wrong and uncalled for, and I would encourage my colleagues from both parties to stop talking so much and start governing more.

Unreal.  With one tweet, the dialogue changes from "He's a sexual predator" to "He's a racist bigot" to "He's illiterate and unintelligible" to "He's so cruel" to "He's ignorant" to "He's a liar" to "He's an elitist" to "He's a criminal" to "He's cozying up to dictators" to ....

By doing this constant shifting, he's never held accountable.  The focus just keeps shifting to his daily idiocy and we're left playing Whack A Mole.  Meanwhile, Rome burns and nothing gets done to stop it.  Perhaps it's time for Congress - at least the House - to step up and consider the big picture and his entire body of work - they have a rather large menu to choose from.  Impeach this clown. 

What we all need to realize is that if your ancestors immigrated from Germany, Norway, Great Britain, France etc and are white you are American but if you are a person of color and your ancestors immigrated here, you are still Mexicans, Cubans, Chinese, Japanese etc. That is how Trump and his supporters feel, but deny it. Also if you complain about our government and are white thats great and you are the voice of change but if you complain about our government and are a person of color you should leave this country.

.@RealDonaldTrump, we must be better than comments like these. I share the political frustrations with some members of the other party, but these comments are beneath leaders.

from gop. rep paul mitchell
Ha, wait until Trump tears into him.  Nothing is beneath Trump other than telling the truth and not cheating on his spouses. 

By doing this constant shifting, he's never held accountable.  The focus just keeps shifting to his daily idiocy and we're left playing Whack A Mole.  Meanwhile, Rome burns and nothing gets done to stop it.  Perhaps it's time for Congress - at least the House - to step up and consider the big picture and his entire body of work - they have a rather large menu to choose from.  Impeach this clown. 
This has been the game since 2015 or so.

Deflection + Shifting = No Accountability

Trump accuses Ilhan Omar of "speaking about how wonderful Al Qaeda is." Says she "hates Jews."

And the GOP does nothing about it. This is sickening.

Unreal.  With one tweet, the dialogue changes from "He's a sexual predator" to "He's a racist bigot" to "He's illiterate and unintelligible" to "He's so cruel" to "He's ignorant" to "He's a liar" to "He's an elitist" to "He's a criminal" to "He's cozying up to dictators" to ....

:goodposting:  Suddenly nobody is asking him about Epstein.

I guess the Dems see it like they did Merick Garland - We'll just do nothing at all, and of course the GOP will decide to do the right thing out of the goodness of their hearts!

These Republicans that are calling Trump out all seem to not be able to help themselves in qualifying their statements with "the other side says terrible things too". 
Yup.

There's at least one notable exception, though:

Sen. Lisa Murkowski @lisamurkowski

There is no excuse for the president’s spiteful comments –they were absolutely unacceptable and this needs to stop.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski‏ @lisamurkowski

We have enough challenges addressing the humanitarian crises both at our borders and around the world. Instead of digging deeper into the mud with personal, vindictive insults –we must demand a higher standard of decorum and decency.

Trump accuses Ilhan Omar of "speaking about how wonderful Al Qaeda is." Says she "hates Jews."

And the GOP does nothing about it. This is sickening.
The 2015 Lindsey Graham had an opinion. Some may even agree.

"Donald Trump is a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot." - Lindsey Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
https://patriothole.clickhole.com/i-may-not-agree-with-everything-trump-says-but-it-s-my-1825124228

I May Not Agree With Everything Trump Says, But It’s My Duty As An American To Repeat All Of His Talking Points Basically Verbatim...

“As a conservative voter, there are parts of Trump’s agenda that I agree with and other actions he’s taken that I find troubling or simply bizarre. However, as a patriotic American it’s my duty to memorize Trump’s talking points, ignore my own misgivings, and defend the president by quoting him essentially verbatim....”

:lmao:

This would be a time where American-Jewish organizations need to speak out as Muslim ones are urged too in similar instances.
Not sure what you're saying here, but plenty of American-Jewish organizations have spoken up about both Trump's rhetoric and about the Republicans and conservative media members who who throw out false accusations of anti-Semitism in an attempt to deflect attention from their own bigotry and divide the left. Here's one of many examples from my personal favorite:

Bend the Arc: Jewish Action‏ @jewishaction

Lindsey Graham is weaponizing antisemitism against progressive women of color to defend Trump's blatant racism. "They're anti-Semitic. They're anti-America." It's absolutely disgusting. He's putting them in danger. Our Jewish community rejects it.
@Mile High also posted this in Tim's thread:

Jonathan Greenblatt, the head of the Anti-Defamation League, said Mr. Trump’s use of Israel in his comments hurts the Jewish community.

“He doesn’t speak for any of us,” Mr. Greenblatt wrote in a Twitter post on Monday. “We call on ALL leaders across the political spectrum to condemn these racist, xenophobic tweets & using Jews as a shield.”

Not sure what you're saying here, but plenty of American-Jewish organizations have spoken up about both Trump's rhetoric and about the Republicans and conservative media members who who throw out false accusations of anti-Semitism in an attempt to deflect attention from their own bigotry and divide the left. Here's one of many examples from my personal favorite:

@Mile High also posted this in Tim's thread:

Jonathan Greenblatt, the head of the Anti-Defamation League, said Mr. Trump’s use of Israel in his comments hurts the Jewish community.

“He doesn’t speak for any of us,” Mr. Greenblatt wrote in a Twitter post on Monday. “We call on ALL leaders across the political spectrum to condemn these racist, xenophobic tweets & using Jews as a shield.”
Excellent.  Hope it becomes more pronounced.

https://patriothole.clickhole.com/i-may-not-agree-with-everything-trump-says-but-it-s-my-1825124228

I May Not Agree With Everything Trump Says, But It’s My Duty As An American To Repeat All Of His Talking Points Basically Verbatim...

“As a conservative voter, there are parts of Trump’s agenda that I agree with and other actions he’s taken that I find troubling or simply bizarre. However, as a patriotic American it’s my duty to memorize Trump’s talking points, ignore my own misgivings, and defend the president by quoting him essentially verbatim....”

:lmao:
Before attacking the president by pointing out the many flaws in his reasoning, why don’t you try agreeing with everything he says? The only people complaining about Trump are biased against Trump according to Trump, so you can’t trust anyone that questions the president, even when that person is you. This is America. If you’re not prepared to sell your values down the river to spew President Trump’s talking points word for word, well, you can find a different country to live in.
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

I’m of the opinion now that Congressional Dems should simply ignore Trump.  Actually ignore him completely: don’t go to meetings with him, don’t acknowledge him in the media, refer to his position but not him when necessary.  Be politicians, churn out policies and pass them on to the Senate, they’re the real competition anyway when it comes to policy.  Nothing is going to make Trump change, no amount of condemnation, censoring, harsh words in interviews, nothing.  He is who he is, now take his power away by ignoring him.

The Dem presidential candidates can fill the void of discussing Trump if they want, but Congress should straight up act as though he doesn’t really exist (his position does and they can interact with the president in official capacity when needed, but he’s really not when crafting law)

I’m of the opinion now that Congressional Dems should simply ignore Trump.  Actually ignore him completely: don’t go to meetings with him, don’t acknowledge him in the media, refer to his position but not him when necessary.  Be politicians, churn out policies and pass them on to the Senate, they’re the real competition anyway when it comes to policy.  Nothing is going to make Trump change, no amount of condemnation, censoring, harsh words in interviews, nothing.  He is who he is, now take his power away by ignoring him.

The Dem presidential candidates can fill the void of discussing Trump if they want, but Congress should straight up act as though he doesn’t really exist (his position does and they can interact with the president in official capacity when needed, but he’s really not when crafting law)
Dems should have been talking about policies and only policies this whole time. Talk about what you and where you want to take this country instead of the distractions. Turn the other cheek. Be the bigger person. Be a leader. Trump is none of those things. Be the leader.

What a powerful 22 minutes from those four women, btw.

Awful people

@RepAbraham

There’s no question that the members of Congress that

@realDonaldTrump

called out have absolutely said anti-American and anti-Semitic things. I’ll pay for their tickets out of this country if they just tell me where they’d rather be.
Then he quoted the 4 of them saying anti-American and anti-Semitic things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread