What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think playing golf even cracks my personal Top 100 Reasons To Oppose Trump list.  Literally.  I would be happy if he spent more time on the golf course if it meant less time on social media.
Sure...though Id prefer he do it at less of a cost to the taxpayer.  Its just another thing on the rather large pile of things he is extremely hypocritical about.

I don't think playing golf even cracks my personal Top 100 Reasons To Oppose Trump list.  Literally.  I would be happy if he spent more time on the golf course if it meant less time on social media.
Eh, I think it'd make my top 100 because it's such an obvious example that he's completely full of #### when he makes public claims. 

But yeah I'd much rather he just play golf constantly and not enact any EOs or engage in any sort of foreign affairs. 

The  playing golf is basically low hanging fruit as an easy symbol of his (and his supporters) hypocrisy.  I don't think anybody really cares that he plays a lot of golf.  What bothers me is the obvious self-dealing.  Every time he plays golf at one of his own properties or spends the weekend at Mara Lago or his other resorts, he makes money at taxpayers expense, and it's not an insignificant amount.

Zow said:
I've stated this before here but I take zero issue with any president golfing once or even twice per week as a way to clear his or her head (exercise or not - it can still be a healthy activity). This is what I do myself so I totally get it. No issue as well with tax dollars being used to facilitate the outings as well. 

Issue with Trump doing it is again the blatant hypocrisy of it. 
And the frequency that he goes to NY or FL to do it, rather than playing locally. I do not begrudge him going to his place at Lowes Island (it'll always be Lowes Island for me) unless he's funneling taxpayer money into his club at a greater cost than it would be for him to go anywhere else locally.

No problem with any president playing golf on weekends or even occasionally during the week, especially if they are legitimately doing business. That's a real thing. Though, I suspect not as much with DJT.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
even cracks my personal Top 100 Reasons To Oppose Trump list. 
this doesn't even crack my top 10,000 reasons, but does anyone else find it extremely annoying when he repeatedly talks about people having "The Sniffles" to minimize the seriousness of those infected with Covid-19?   with 136,000+ dead?

"The Sniffles"

Last edited by a moderator:
So a news conference turns into a rally?  What is the point of this?  I shouldn't be surprised at this "news" conference, but he sure has lowered the bar for the presidency.  
The actual major news outlets cut away to commercial once they realized it wasn’t really a “press conference” but rather a taxpayer funded rally. Only Fox News and OAN covered the entire conference/rally.

The numbers aren’t going to get any better for Trump. He’s only now starting to realize how badly he’s going to lose this election. 

The scary question is: how ugly is he going to get in the next few months?

The numbers aren’t going to get any better for Trump. He’s only now starting to realize how badly he’s going to lose this election. 

Boy I sure hope you are right.  I know many educated people who still stand by this guy.....and won't vote left no matter what. 

Yea - I wouldn't spike the football just yet. 

Polls have started to tighten slightly over the last week or so.

That "press conference" yesterday was the most unhinged bunch of nonsense I've ever heard any public figure make. If he was your grandfather, you'd put him in a home if he spoke like that.
I loved my grandfathers and knew they lived their lives in a noble way.   So there would be plenty of compassion and understanding.  Trump has been horrible in every aspect of his life and doesn't deserve the same consideration.

Boy I sure hope you are right.  I know many educated people who still stand by this guy.....and won't vote left no matter what. 
College-educated and (I like to think) reasonably intelligent here.  I'm not a Trump fan, but my dislike for him is nothing compared to my dislike for AOC, Ilhan Omar, and the rest of the far-left extremists who'd certainly have input on Biden's presidency.  So Trump it is... :shrug:

Trump's approval numbers tend to improve once his behavior is normalized. Lucky for Biden, Trump has been unable to show any kind of stability for more than a few days at a time, so chances are good that he'll do something else to tank his numbers in October.

College-educated and (I like to think) reasonably intelligent here.  I'm not a Trump fan, but my dislike for him is nothing compared to my dislike for AOC, Ilhan Omar, and the rest of the far-left extremists who'd certainly have input on Biden's presidency.  So Trump it is... :shrug:
Trump has nutjob far-right extremists directly advising him every day, guiding his policies. His entire presidency has been a string of corruption, lies, handouts to the rich, and racism. IMO that's so so much worse than a few junior reps who want to save the planet. I really don't get it. At all.

Trump has nutjob far-right extremists directly advising him every day, guiding his policies. His entire presidency has been a string of corruption, lies, handouts to the rich, and racism. IMO that's so so much worse than a few junior senators who want to save the planet. I really don't get it. At all.
"Save the planet," get rid of the police, destroy capitalism.... :whistle:

I wish you'd reconsider because I think the damage Trump does to our institutions every day is incredibly damaging and far, far worse than Biden could ever do. Even if he were going to be heavily influenced by the far left of the property - which I don't think he will be.

But I reckon we could go round and round on this with neither of us moving. You seem like a nice fella - and I know I am. So stay safe.

There is a 0% chance that a Biden presidency would destroy Capitalism.
This is where republicans have been so successful.  For some people they have framed it as such a stark choice between the american way of life and communism that destorys the police.

By any standard the democrats very much operate from the right side of the spectrum.  

It's ironic worrying about AOC and not worrying about the loads of fringe senators and congress people in the GOP.  How about the ones that are all into Qanon now...that's borderline insanity

This is where republicans have been so successful.  For some people they have framed it as such a stark choice between the american way of life and communism that destorys the police.

By any standard the democrats very much operate from the right side of the spectrum.  

It's ironic worrying about AOC and not worrying about the loads of fringe senators and congress people in the GOP.  How about the ones that are all into Qanon now...that's borderline insanity
This reminds me of something I should have listed in my reply to you in the Covid thread about how somebody could believe we are doing well with the virus.  Another thing that we collectively do is to take the fringe or extremists on the other side of the aisle as speaking for everyone.  And we right off the fringe or extreme on our own side.  Ultimately, the biggest problem to me with that is that we have sides to begin with.

This reminds me of something I should have listed in my reply to you in the Covid thread about how somebody could believe we are doing well with the virus.  Another thing that we collectively do is to take the fringe or extremists on the other side of the aisle as speaking for everyone.  And we right off the fringe or extreme on our own side.  Ultimately, the biggest problem to me with that is that we have sides to begin with.
Of course, that's why you focus on the leadership and the bulk of the party policies

Biden has come out as a hard no to defunding the police

Biden does not propose anything that would destroy capatlism

there's really not a picture from the oval office with Goya products on the desk right?  That's photoshopped right?

I used to do drugs, but that was way back....

there (points to the back of the room)

But I mean how many time can you actually pull out the bean quote in a conversation because beans came up? Gotta strike while that iron is hot
i used to do drugs... i mean, i still do,  but...

also, the beauty of the bean joke because it hadn't come up, except in his head.   so, brave... or just high

Oh you’ll be disappointed. It’s not going to be what you are thinking...the refried bean bit is kind of like “why is it called ovaltine?”
might be right up my alley.  i've been known to amuse myself and annoy others by asking  "why are we going to hell? and why are we going in a handbasket?"

there's really not a picture from the oval office with Goya products on the desk right?  That's photoshopped right?

I for one am glad to see that we are now politicizing beans.
Again this is just further proof we are living in a simulation. This cannot be real that the president is taking pictures in the oval office with cans of beans.  What. The. ####.  

dkp993 said:
Again this is just further proof we are living in a simulation. This cannot be real that the president is taking pictures in the oval office with cans of beans.  What. The. ####.  
During a pandemic that’s killed 140,000 Americans in 4 months.

In December 2019, if I would have said the above sentence would be true, we would be saying that’s absolutely terrifying and we would be doing anything we could to avoid it.

Now read the quoted post again. This is literally insane that 140,000 deaths in the US is now so normalIzed that he feels good about posting pictures with cans of beans in the Oval. Unreal.

Wonder what the impact of Trump's move will have on Goya, I personally don't buy canned beans but seems like a lot of people might not buy Goya beans now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread