What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These answers to why he didn’t go to John Lewis’ funeral. SMH

This guy has no redeeming qualities. 
Nope.

But, here's the more disappointing/depressing/infuriating thing about it.  It has been suggested he has malignant narcissistic personality disorder and I would agree with that.  He is what he is.  Asking/expecting him to change that is foolish.  In certain ways it's not his fault.

What is the worst part is that there are still over 100 million people in this country that blindly follow and support him despite who he is.  There is an entire party of politicians that continue to enable him knowing the damage he is doing.  I blame all of them more than I blame Trump himself for bringing us where we are.  Allowing him to trample on checks and balances and for the harm he's done with this pandemic without trying to stop it for the good of others. 

bananafish said:
Thank you, I just posted it in the Corona thread and came here to do the same. As painful as it is, people need to watch it. Every day it gets worse, our hole gets deeper, and the less likely we'll be able to recover and have a country any of us would want to live in.

How any sentient being can listen to the man and not react in abject horror at the bumbling ineptitude tackling the most important decisions facing our country is completely baffling. Even those with the maximum level of white grievance still want to stay alive, no? Have a country for their kids to grow up in? Have kids who are alive, period?

It's like we're all in a murder-suicide pact that none of us agreed to. And people are still making jokes.
Well said.

"The text has you read two words - Yo, and Semites.  So I said 'Yo, Semites.'  Then, like a second later, you have to repeat the two words.  So I go, 'Yo, Semites.'  It's really two words, even though they were written as one. Everyone was amazed.  No one had ever done that before.  Yo, and Semites.  But it was easy for me because I'm cognitively there."

"The text has you read two words - Yo, and Semites.  So I said 'Yo, Semites.'  Then, like a second later, you have to repeat the two words.  So I go, 'Yo, Semites.'  It's really two words, even though they were written as one. Everyone was amazed.  No one had ever done that before.  Yo, and Semites.  But it was easy for me because I'm cognitively there."
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  

killface said:
I honestly think he believes what he says.  I really do.  I don't think he's an act.  I just don't think he's very smart
You have to be very careful how you phrase it on this forum, but I'm convinced that Trump is suffering from some sort of very real cognitive impairment.  I don't claim to know if he was ever a particularly intelligent person in the IQ sense, but it's blindingly obvious watching him speak 20 years ago and watching him speak now that something has broken.  Old people who don't stay mentally active -- and by all accounts, Trump has never been an intellectually curious person -- have a tendency to go way downhill.  That's not name-calling or even criticism of Trump.  It's a normal part of the aging cycle for too many people.  But I'd really like it if we weren't talking about the most powerful person on earth.

You have to be very careful how you phrase it on this forum, but I'm convinced that Trump is suffering from some sort of very real cognitive impairment.  I don't claim to know if he was ever a particularly intelligent person in the IQ sense, but it's blindingly obvious watching him speak 20 years ago and watching him speak now that something has broken.  Old people who don't stay mentally active -- and by all accounts, Trump has never been an intellectually curious person -- have a tendency to go way downhill.  That's not name-calling or even criticism of Trump.  It's a normal part of the aging cycle for too many people.  But I'd really like it if we weren't talking about the most powerful person on earth.
Understood, but it seems like this is who he is always, and always has been. He's not mispronouncing words because of cognitive impairment, it's because he legitimately doesn't know how to pronounce many words. He doesn't like to read. He needs bullet points at 48 point font. But none of that is new. We're just living through his lack of fitness for the office because of owning the libs, Hillary's emails, fear of losing superiority, etc. Nothing is new here.  

John Blutarsky said:
I’m still waiting for this

“We will start," Obama said back in 2008, "by reducing premiums by as much as $2,500 per family”
There is "safety in numbers, and numbers don't lie..:

You  [might] say that insurance premiums went up $4,154 under Obama, from 2008, before he took office, to 2014.

Obama's  White House will say that between 2002 and 2008 premiums went up 58%, while $4154 represented only 33%.  So instead of the projected  $7228 increase, it was only  $4154.

https://www.factcheck.org/2015/02/slower-premium-growth-under-obama/

Last edited by a moderator:

You say that insurance premiums went up $4,154 under Obama, from 2008, before he took office, to 2014.

Obama's  White House will say that between 2002 and 2008 premiums went up 58%, while $4154 represented only 33%.  So instead of the projected  $7228 increase, it was only  $4154.

What? I didn’t say anything about insurance premiums going up $4,154. Stop posting things that I didn’t post.

You [might] say that insurance premiums went up $4,154 under Obama, from 2008, before he took office, to 2014.

What? I didn’t say anything about insurance premiums going up $4,154. Stop posting things that I didn’t post.
I'll edit.  You said you were still waiting for the $2500 in savings.  I'm pointing out where one can show you they occurred.  If you read the link you might see how both spins are versions of telling fibs with true statements.  Assuming you were an average family with average premiums you saved more than $2500 over what was projected, but the reasons that campaign the Obama touted in 2008 (adoption of EHR) or what his White House might imply in 2014 (the ACA) weren't considered at the time as much of a contributor  of this as was the Great Recession economy.

Has anyone seen these commercials big pharmacies are running against Trump he has been railing on about, for the past few weeks?

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
I like how Trump feels the need to explain obvious things to obviously intelligent people. "Russia, it used to the the USSR you know, right? It wasn't always Russia, it was a communist USSR, did you know that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread