Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Some highlights of the DrudgeReport front page tonight:

John Kelley unloads on Trump

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned.

TRUMP: I MIGHT LEAVE COUNTRY IF I LOSE (Blaring red/blue siren worthy, apparently)

• Like 1
  • Replies 142.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SaintsInDome2006

• Henry Ford

• packersfan

• timschochet

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't know for a while, but my final chemo treatment was a week and a half ago, the side effects are subsiding, and I feel better than I have in a long time. Thanks for asking.

So that whole, "I bet you wimps would never challenge big, bad Donald physically" stuff got me thinking last night. I sincerely believe that I could defeat an entire gauntlet of all living Presid

You kidding?  For those on the right, the past 8 years the supporters have been focused almost totally on how much the democrats were the enemy.  It was on fox news, on talk radio, on the breitbart an

23 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

Some highlights of the DrudgeReport front page tonight:

John Kelley unloads on Trump

TRUMP: I MIGHT LEAVE COUNTRY IF I LOSE (Blaring red/blue siren worthy, apparently)

Disappointing that someone like Kelley, who I'm assuming is proud of his country and should have high moral and ethical standards can only come out and say this to his friends but not go on record to share his opinion of the commander in chief :(

8 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Disappointing that someone like Kelley, who I'm assuming is proud of his country and should have high moral and ethical standards can only come out and say this to his friends but not go on record to share his opinion of the commander in chief :(

Could you have imagined 5 years ago that this quote would be made by an American general and he would be talking about the President?  It’s unreal.

”The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,”

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
7 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Could you have imagined 5 years ago that this quote would be made by an American general and he would be talking about the President?  It’s unreal.

”The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,”

The quote itself is not shocking, as it doesn't say anything that we didn't already know 5 years ago.

The fact that it was stated by a General is somewhat shocking, I suppose, but that's only because there had been a time-honored, unspoken understanding that retired Generals don't criticize Republican Presidents, and vice versa. Trump's lack of respect to tradition has basically given Kelly a green light to speak his mind.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1317576907412721667?s=19

Thread on Trump's Michigan rally. 

Two years ago, this was gross. Now, I'm enjoying every second. 

He might keep holding rallies after he loses, if he can find someone to foot the bill. Just start campaigning for 2024, and head out there. That's my hope anyway. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

The quote itself is not shocking, as it doesn't say anything that we didn't already know 5 years ago.

The fact that it was stated by a General is somewhat shocking, I suppose, but that's only because there had been a time-honored, unspoken understanding that retired Generals don't criticize Republican Presidents, and vice versa. Trump's lack of respect to tradition has basically given Kelly a green light to speak his mind.

I agree.  But it will never not be amazing to me that seemingly every single person who works alongside Trump comes out telling the exact same story about how awful he is as a person.  I honestly can't think of anyone in any line of work who is held in such universal contempt by the folks who get to know them.  Even late-career Marlon Brando had his well-wishers.

Edit: Bill Romonowski maybe?

Edited by IvanKaramazov
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
13 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I agree.  But it will never not be amazing to me that seemingly every single person who works alongside Trump comes out telling the exact same story about how awful he is as a person.  I honestly can't think of anyone in any line of work who is held in such universal contempt by the folks who get to know them.  Even late-career Marlon Brando had his well-wishers.

I think Ty Cobb was universally hated.  But I can't think of anyone else.  I've always wondered if Trump has any true friends?

11 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I think Ty Cobb was universally hated.  But I can't think of anyone else.  I've always wondered if Trump has any true friends?

Roger Stone?

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

In a glorious turn of events, Trump is returning to the "I fixed dishwashers" rally line, to appeal to women voters. 

👍

Well, that is the cycle.  Wash, rinse, repeat...

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
On 10/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

Jerry Lee Lewis is a real SOB I hear. 

President Donald Trump interrupted one of the earliest classified briefings of his presidency to ask top intelligence officials if they would like a milkshake, according to a new report from Politico. 

"Does anyone want a malt?" Trump reportedly said during the briefing, calling a waiter into the room. "We have the best malts, you have to try them."

You know, there's a part of me that is going to miss this buffoonery.  :lmao:

• Laughing 6
21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

He'll land another "reality" show...

24 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Stories like these--and we have all forgotten  how many of them--are the reason I have no fear of Trump "deciding not to accept the results". 

There are lifetime American Patriots, in the military, Secret Service, State Department, FBI, CIA and Justice Department. People who love this country more than any of us can know (me, anyway). I assume these people daydream about being the group that gets the assignment to physically remove this Superman from the White House. 

After I takes my vitamins, and I say my prayers, like any good Hulkamaniac, I PRAY that Trump fights the results. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
4 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Let’s play what if...

Say Trump loses. He lives as long as his father did.

What does his next 20 years look like?

I seriously think he just starts running again for 2024.  Temp job on some conservative tv network to give him free weekly exposure until then. If he loses again, just rinse and repeat.

Edited by Leroy Hoard

If he loses, I think the republican party kicks him out and Trump runs as a 3rd party in 2024.  He'll have Ivanka run with him.  And he'll garner quite a bit of the vote, too.  Teddy Roosevelt comes to mind.  He garnered 27% of the popular vote as a 3rd party candidate.  Trump will do well, but I doubt he has enough to ever return to the Oval Office.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/944607/trump-reportedly-invited-waiter-into-secret-intelligence-briefing-room-order-milkshake

Trump reportedly invited a waiter into a top secret intelligence briefing room to order a milkshake

Not shocking just embarrassingly normal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oOv3cuP8M4

He really is a lot like the Larry David character playing George Steinbrenner in Seinfeld.  And the thing is, I'm not even the least bit upset over this incident.  It's so......on brand for him. :lmao:

• Like 1

During his Arizona rally, President Trump says, "They're getting tired of the pandemic, aren't we? You turn on CNN. That's all they cover. Covid, covid, pandemic. Covid, covid, covid. They're trying to talk people out of voting...People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards."

😍😂😍😂

38 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/944607/trump-reportedly-invited-waiter-into-secret-intelligence-briefing-room-order-milkshake

Trump reportedly invited a waiter into a top secret intelligence briefing room to order a milkshake

Not shocking just embarrassingly normal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oOv3cuP8M4

Today he called Fauci an "idiot". 

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

Meanwhile, in another "says the quiet parts out loud moment", Trump admits that he tried to plant a Joe Biden scandal story with the Wall Street Journal.

Another entry: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'”

47 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Today he called Fauci an "idiot". 

7 minutes ago, caustic said:

"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'”

Does he think these are winning positions? “Fauci is an idiot” and “I extort money from companies”? Do actual people listen to that and think “yes, I agree with that”? Unreal.

18 minutes ago, caustic said:

There's a latin phrase for this but it just won't come to me. Jumpy and pro quo? 

• Thinking 1

President Trump’s strategy is to call Biden a criminal and tells a reporter he is a criminal for not reporting it. How does that kind of nonsense work for anyone beyond his base? For that matter how does it even work for his base? Actually he  is trying to say AG Barr is just too nice of a guy to arrest Biden. Wake up America, how is this race even close in some states? For all those close to Trump when this election is over, win or lose, for President Trump’s sake, seek psychiatric help for him.

9 minutes ago, belljr said:

Biden will listen to scientists!!! Is the weirdest put down I may have ever heard.  Yet people think we shouldn't listen to them.

No I'm not a liberal democrat

Boy that is nothing short of hitting below the belt and dirty pool. “ Trump/Pence 2020 Make Earth Flat Again”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 7
  • Thinking 1

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1318645998739214336?s=20

Apparently there was some drama while President Trump was taping his 60 Minutes interview today. He abruptly ended his solo interview after around 45 minutes & did not return for a scheduled walk & talk he was supposed to tape with Pence

Edited by Bamboo Bill
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1