What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Saquon Barkley, PHI (4 Viewers)

This guy is insane. How high does he go in startups next year? I'm thinking top 10, maybe top 5 in some places.

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/911771595336814592

https://twitter.com/YahooDrSaturday/status/911769368391974912

He's basically a bigger Lynch with better speed and explosiveness.
If he's validated during the draft, i.e. he goes top 5ish, id seriously consider him at #1. Think hes better than any of this years backs, DJ and Bell are getting older and Zeke is a head case. Beckham and Evans would be my other options but I feel like I can find WRs later.

I've planned multiple dynasty league rebuilds around getting the 1.01 this year so I can get Barkley.  Best RB prospect in years.  

He may get stuck with the stigma of some PSU RB busts, but I don't know, I don't see a weakness.  He even block exceptionally well.

I've been sitting on him in 3 devy leagues for two years. Can't wait to get him in my lineup.
His 3rd year on my only devy league. I wish they would reduce his workload. I was a little worried at the end of the game when he hurt his ankle, then came back in. He's proven himself. Now it's time to do what's best for him, and let him rest.

He may get stuck with the stigma of some PSU RB busts, but I don't know, I don't see a weakness.  He even block exceptionally well.
He's the consensus #1 in the country by everyone with at least one eyeball. You're the very first person I've seen type "bust" when referring to him or his situation surely you will be the only one. The guy is the real deal in every way.

Tex

He's the consensus #1 in the country by everyone with at least one eyeball. You're the very first person I've seen type "bust" when referring to him or his situation surely you will be the only one. The guy is the real deal in every way.

Tex
#1 prospect or rb?

Tex
Can't speak for him but I don't think he's saying that.  I think he's referring to people possibly clumping him in with other PSU backs that haven't succeeded as a reason people might be low on him.  

He looks absolutely amazing and my only question at this point is his initial burst.  I have watched maybe 5 plays of him so far so forgive my ignorance right now, and those plays were all from the shotgun I believe, but that usually is the easiest to see how explosive a guy is on his first step and he didn't look that explosive to me just on the initial reaction to the play. 

Can't speak for him but I don't think he's saying that.  I think he's referring to people possibly clumping him in with other PSU backs that haven't succeeded as a reason people might be low on him.  

He looks absolutely amazing and my only question at this point is his initial burst.  I have watched maybe 5 plays of him so far so forgive my ignorance right now, and those plays were all from the shotgun I believe, but that usually is the easiest to see how explosive a guy is on his first step and he didn't look that explosive to me just on the initial reaction to the play. 
Yeah I know that's not what he meant, I was just pointing out how absolutely no one is even thinking that about Barkley but the poster was the first; therefore, it being crazy to think such a thing after following this guy the last 2+ years. In other words that comparison should NEVER be brought out by anyone who has actually followed this kid.

GM

Yeah I know that's not what he meant, I was just pointing out how absolutely no one is even thinking that about Barkley but the poster was the first; therefore, it being crazy to think such a thing after following this guy the last 2+ years. In other words that comparison should NEVER be brought out by anyone who has actually followed this kid.

GM
I wasn't making a comparison.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was at the game last night and he was the greatest RB I've ever seen play in college.  I've never seen anything like it.  Was even more impressive than watching McCaffrey against the Hawks in the Rose Bowl.  Barkley is truly a special player.

Was he even alive when Curtis Enis was drafted? This is not a joke. I apparently am really old now. 

GM
You didn't read very closely what joffer wrote.

GM
So which is it.

This quote: "He may get stuck with the stigma of some PSU RB busts"

Is what I commented on.

Tex

As I said he's the first to say this, NO ONE else has even brought this up. No one watching him is lumping him in the other PSU backs.

Tex

As I said he's the first to say this, NO ONE else has even brought this up. No one watching him is lumping him in the other PSU backs.

Tex
He was just saying it's a possibility which is more true than saying it's an impossibility.

No reason to flog him for it.

This guy is incredible.  I loved what I saw from CMC the last few years at Stanford, and Barkley looks even moreso dominant.

I wonder how much it will cost me to get him next year in a $200 auction next year...

If you are Penn State fan, you can't help but think about him in relation to past busts and cringe whenever anybody goes near his knees. However, under Joe the S&C program was bad. I think it contributed to the problems guys had when they got to the NFL. That is not a problem Barkley is going to have. I cannot think of another college back who was as complete a package as he is.

He was just saying it's a possibility which is more true than saying it's an impossibility.

No reason to flog him for it.
Lol I'm not flogging him I just simply pointed out that there's no way ANYONE can watch Barkley play and be down on him because he plays for PSU simply because of the past failures of other running backs. I ONLY pointed out that he has been the ONLY person to make that comparison. 

Ive yet to read one ranking/post/thread/person be down on this kid. So draft him and be glad you did. I didn't flame anyone.

Tex 

If you are Penn State fan, you can't help but think about him in relation to past busts and cringe whenever anybody goes near his knees. However, under Joe the S&C program was bad. I think it contributed to the problems guys had when they got to the NFL. That is not a problem Barkley is going to have. I cannot think of another college back who was as complete a package as he is.
He needs to win the Heisman.  I can't think of another player that is that important to his team.  Without Barkley on the field PSU is not a good team at all.  I believe he accounted for over 400 total yards last night.

Lol I'm not flogging him I just simply pointed out that there's no way ANYONE can watch Barkley play and be down on him because he plays for PSU simply because of the past failures of other running backs. I ONLY pointed out that he has been the ONLY person to make that comparison. 

Ive yet to read one ranking/post/thread/person be down on this kid. So draft him and be glad you did. I didn't flame anyone.

Tex 
Except for the one directly above this one?

:pokey:

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to win the Heisman.  I can't think of another player that is that important to his team.  Without Barkley on the field PSU is not a good team at all.  I believe he accounted for over 400 total yards last night.
He very well could win it. McSorley is a damn good player as well. Barkley did not have 400 yards.

Tex 
I didn't make a comparison

Users who are viewing this thread