What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Chris Carson, SEA - 10.7.21 - Neck Issue (3 Viewers)

It’s one thing to lose a guy for a freak incident. Totally different when you see what happened here. Infuriating 

I lost it in the Cowboys/Seahawks Game thread.there was no reason for the defensive player to hold his leg that long and wrench upwards after rolling on the tackle.

BOOM

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Seahawks RB Chris Carson is believed to have suffered just a knee sprain Sunday, source said, one that should have him back on the field shortly — pending today’s MRI. Meanwhile, #Cowboys DT Trysten Hill will likely be fined, but not suspended, for rolling with Carson’s leg.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go against a team that has Carson & Hyde, I prefer Carson active as I think they will split time vs one of them getting the lions share of the backfield.

And he practices 
Limited, but practices.

What an absolute beast.

Hill 100% should be suspended for some time, that is absolutely premeditated intent to harm.

Guy is a nobody backup who has been more known for showing up late and falling asleep in team meetings than anything he's done on the field. This is not the way to make a name for yourself. 

And he practices 
Chris Carson is a stud hoss, that's for certain.   

If he can get limited practices on Thursday and Friday, then he's probably a go for Sunday against a porous Dolphin Defense.  

Carlos Hyde popped up on the injury report with a shoulder issue.  

Seahawks RB Chris Carson (knee) was limited at Wednesday's practice. 

If Carson can practice in some capacity on Thursday and Friday, he has a good shot of being active for a plus Week 4 matchup against the Dolphins. If the team holds him out, Carlos Hyde would likely take over early-down backfield duties while Travis Homer takes the passing down role. 

RELATED: 

Travis Homer

, Carlos Hyde

SOURCE: Armando Salguero on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 10:14 AM ET

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Chris Carson (knee) had an "excellent week" of practice.

Carson showed enough in practice that he's expected to play Sunday. It confirms he's only dealing with a minor sprain. Carson has a favorable Week 4 matchup with Miami, but it's possible a Seahawks blowout could have him getting rested in the second half. 

SOURCE: KIRO Radio Seattle

Oct 2, 2020, 11:59 AM ET

Thanks Faust - just traded for Carson and also picked up Hyde on the waiver wire so I am following will most likely play one or the other. Even FBG are not sure who gets the lions share as of yet. So, I am following this thread. SEA homers please chime in at any time. Pete Carroll can be known to being too overly positive at times.

:pickle:  

it’s worth noting that the “1-2 weeks” came only from ESPN’s crawler. 

I searched and searched and the Seahawks never actually said that. Many outlets parroted ESPN. 

Thanks Faust - just traded for Carson and also picked up Hyde on the waiver wire so I am following will most likely play one or the other. Even FBG are not sure who gets the lions share as of yet. So, I am following this thread. SEA homers please chime in at any time. Pete Carroll can be known to being too overly positive at times.
I did the same - traded for Carson & then did a smaller deal to get Hyde. I’m set either way, but Hyde doesn’t inspire excitement or enthusiasm. 

No kidding.   Petey Positive always gives a glowing review for his players.   

Sounds great for the most part, but when it comes to Pete Carroll, caveat emptor.   

Meaning you're starting Carson, and will you sleep like a baby lol. I would like to sleep like a baby starting Carson. I'd like to let go of my handcuff in Hyde as well. Short benches don't allow for too much handcuffing. 
I traded for him in dynasty & then traded for Hyde an hour later. Just had a feeling that I'd better handcuff him since I paid a lot. So I am starting Carson, and so long as he starts I will sleep like a baby. 

I am not thrilled about the prospect of him starting, tweaking it & missing a couple more weeks. I'll cross that bridge when  I come to it. 

I agree Hot Sauce Guy.

Prolly best to hang onto Hyde until Carson gets through the game unscathed and healthy, and even into the next week healthy. Unless we see close to a full dose or even 70/30 Carson. Just depends upon other variables holding Hyde. 

We could see Pete rest Carson at the last moment too - so in other words, stay tuned to the situation closely.

it’s worth noting that the “1-2 weeks” came only from ESPN’s crawler. 

I searched and searched and the Seahawks never actually said that. Many outlets parroted ESPN. 
 Presumably the source was within the Seahawks, but who knows. Between Carson and Michael Thomas (and Edelman, but he's always got the Q), my roster this week is a big question mark..

@AdamSchefter Sep 28

Seahawks’ RB Chris Carson’s first-degree sprained knee is considered a 1-2 week injury, per source, but team wants to see how he feels and recovers this week.

Presumably the source was within the Seahawks, but who knows. Between Carson and Michael Thomas (and Edelman, but he's always got the Q), my roster this week is a big question mark..

@AdamSchefter Sep 28

Seahawks’ RB Chris Carson’s first-degree sprained knee is considered a 1-2 week injury, per source, but team wants to see how he feels and recovers this week.
yes, I saw that tweet… It was after the ESPN crawler. The only thing the Seahawks officially released was the statement that it was a very mild strain and he probably wouldn’t miss time.

seemed like ESPN put it on the crawler, everyone else just sort of ran with it as gospel.

I suppose with a sprained knee it was a safe assumption, but it would’ve been nice for them to have run with something substantiated. :shrug:  

Don't you think Schefter was the source for the crawl and not vice versa? Either way, the tweet was substantiated by a source.
It’s possible… I don’t think it was substantiated either way though. In the post game presser, Pete Carroll said it was very minor and he was not expected to mess time.

there was no further update from the team to the public. 

so I question if this was just a WAG.

GTD doesn't make me feel confident.  Understandable if some of you need to start him due to injuries and PPD games.

If you have other alternatives I'd go with that.

Even if he goes, I'll prob roll with McKinnon over him.  I wish/hope they just rest him for a week.  It's the damn Dolphins....they don't need him.

From Schefty: 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chris Carson (knee, questionable) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Dolphins.

Schefter added that Carlos Hyde (shoulder) will be a game time decision. Carson "looked good" in practice on Thursday and Friday according to Seattle coach Pete Carroll. Expect him to get his usual workload this week versus the Dolphins. He could even see an uptick in carries if Hyde sits. Travis Homer and DeeJay Dallas would likely split the backup role for Seattle in that scenario. Carson remains an RB2 and will push for RB1 status if he gets the backfield to himself.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 4, 2020, 8:51 AM ET

BTW, he's not expecting Hyde to play   

Chris Carson (knee) is active for Week 4 against the Dolphins. 

Carlos Hyde (shoulder) is inactive. Carson's Week 4 status was initially looking shaky, but he's now a locked-in RB2 for what is guaranteed to be another Seahawks shootout. With Hyde sidelined, Travis Homer, who has been averaging 2-3 weekly touches, should be in line for double that in Miami. Previously mothballed rookie DeeJay Dallas will also be in the mix. Joining Hyde on the inactives list are S Jamal Adams, S Lano Hill, CB Quinton Dunbar, CB Neiko Thorpe, LB Jordyn Brooks and G/C Kyle Fuller. 

Oct 4, 2020, 11:34 AM ET

Man, I'm hoping that him suiting up is not because Hyde is now out and Carson is unnecessarily pushing it.  Wouldn't surprise me at all

Any updates other than what we have heard? Full workload for him today. I'm starting him over Parker in a non-ppr if so. 

Users who are viewing this thread