What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D'Onta Foreman, CLE (1 Viewer)

He will be just made an example of.  He's not a star, he's a perfect candidate to get a steep punishment
Not that the NFL and Rog are always logical, but what sense would that make?

What did he do wrong that would warrant the need to be an example? An example of what?

I agree but the NFL and more worrisome our current AG does not.

As for Foreman I don't think he'll get suspended until/if he is found guilty.
and he shouldnt be

I also dont think he will be charged with anything at all, and according to everything ive read thus far, he has yet to be charged.

Just took him in the 11th in a startup draft, not feeling great about it because my 2 targets were off the board right before me.  Felt backed into it even though I like him as a player.  Hopefully the conditioning comes along quickly and he can carve out a role

D'Onta Foreman rushed nine times for 76 yards in the Texans' preseason opener, adding two catches for six yards.

Foreman worked as the third-team back behind Lamar Miller and Alfred Blue, sharing second-half snaps with Akeem Hunt. The rookie’s inexperience showed up when Foreman bounced a third-and-one run to the outside in the second quarter, but his big-play potential was highlighted on a 41-yard sideline sprint in the second half. Foreman also broke an off-tackle run for 14 yards and hurdled a Panthers defender on his very next carry. Foreman did not look like a natural in the passing game, where he rarely played at Texas. Still a work in progress, Foreman's early-season role is unclear.

I saw shades of legarrette Blount in his game.  And he's even wearing # 27.  And that's not a bad thing!  He could be really good.  Looks like he's got pass catching skills as well.  We could be looking at a true 3rd down back.  

He could end up being what we all Want fournette to be but will never become BC he's on the jags.  

I saw shades of legarrette Blount in his game.  And he's even wearing # 27.  And that's not a bad thing!  He could be really good.  Looks like he's got pass catching skills as well.  We could be looking at a true 3rd down back.  

He could end up being what we all Want fournette to be but will never become BC he's on the jags.  
Yes, but I think he's got more speed than Blount.

I thought overall he looked good. He showed speed, power and the ability to catch. The only problem I had with him was that 3rd down run that he pushed outside instead of just pulling up forward to get the first down that seemed to be there but he did not take it.

It will be interesting to see more of both Foreman and Miller by the 3rd pre-season game to compare the two of them.

I think he could by one of the steals of the rookie class. In many leagues I was able to add him post draft or in the late rounds. Miller is looking shaky and the Texans have a history as a team of throwing out your draft position/contract out the door and go with the best player. This guy is one injury/some poor miller games away from being a solid #2RB for a very cheap price. 

The biggest, fattest, slowest guy since Jerome Bettis. I the bus's heyday you could earn 400 carries in your career even with 3.9 ypc. Not so these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he could by one of the steals of the rookie class. In many leagues I was able to add him post draft or in the late rounds. Miller is looking shaky and the Texans have a history as a team of throwing out your draft position/contract out the door and go with the best player. This guy is one injury/some poor miller games away from being a solid #2RB for a very cheap price. 
He went mid-2nd in my leagues, were you drafting right after the arrest?

Not a bad debut, but I want to see him running against something more than the defensive scrubs before I get too excited. Texans can easily get out of Miller's contract this year, but they have a ton of cap space and no 1st or 2nd rounder next year so I doubt they would move on unless Miller outright sucks this year.

He went mid-2nd in my leagues, were you drafting right after the arrest?

Not a bad debut, but I want to see him running against something more than the defensive scrubs before I get too excited. Texans can easily get out of Miller's contract this year, but they have a ton of cap space and no 1st or 2nd rounder next year so I doubt they would move on unless Miller outright sucks this year.
This was the weekend after the draft, he was more under the radar then. 

Alfred Blue is dealing with a high-ankle sprain.

The Texans "hope he'll return soon," but it's at least a multi-week setback and puts his Week 1 status is in jeopardy. Blue's injury gives D’Onta Foreman a chance to open the season as Lamar Miller's backup.
:eek:

Texans' D'Onta Foreman: Sits out dress rehearsal

Foreman (leg) did not play in Saturday's preseason game against the Saints.

Foreman made quite the impression through Houston's first two exhibition tilts, rushing 16 times for 93 yards and a touchdown and catching four passes for 72 yards. After that strong start, though, he suffered a leg injury that prevented him from practicing last Thursday and playing over the weekend. At the moment, it's unclear how long Foreman is anticipated to be sidelined. With Alfred Blue (ankle) also injured, Tyler Ervin is currently the Texans' second option behind Lamar Miller at tailback, but Foreman certainly flashed the potential to push for that job once healthy.

Miller, Blue, and Irvine are beyond trash. It's only a matter of time.
And don't leave out the offensive line and lack of TE's. Honestly, the entire situation in Houston is looking bleak right now. Down the road after they make some moves to improve the line and get a real healthy TE that will help but for now I'd avoid Foreman except as a far down the road lottery ticket. 

And don't leave out the offensive line and lack of TE's. Honestly, the entire situation in Houston is looking bleak right now. Down the road after they make some moves to improve the line and get a real healthy TE that will help but for now I'd avoid Foreman except as a far down the road lottery ticket. 
We are in talks with Brate and eventually we will get back Brown.

Snagged him as a last pick in all my leagues.  Just don't like Miller and think he's vulnerable.  Watching Foreman and Miller side by side it doesn't look close IMO.  The changing of the guard will happen soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread