What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official PSF Moderation Thread*** (3 Viewers)

In Florida and Georgia being a cracker is something to be proud of.  Means family has been there for many generations.
In Louisiana we use a term for Acadians/Cajuns that makes everyone else think we’re using a racist slur for black people. It’s more akin to “hillbilly” but we don’t have hills. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not what I said.  I said it makes people not from Louisiana think Louisianans are saying a racial slur.  
I have a white friend, Dan, that ran a plant in La a few years back. He said most of the employees were black and always called him Mr. Dan or boss. Acted very subservient. He told them many times to just call him Dan but no dice.  He quit after a few months because it was so uncomfortable

Tony normally I agree with you, but I would say it would be pretty easy.
I’m totally lost. Is the southern drawl making it sound like boon or something?  Dead serious. I lived down there for two years and didn’t have anyone I knew draw that conclusion.  

I’m totally lost. Is the southern drawl making it sound like boon or something?  Dead serious. I lived down there for two years and didn’t have anyone I knew draw that conclusion.  
Next to the n word coon is probably one of the most offensive racial slurs.  It was used mostly in the South.  So if you hear coon and not the ### part or if your not from Louisiana and not familiar with their slang then it could be misconstrued.

These last few post summarize my point of view on this whole topic. It’s not my job to run around trying to figure out who gets offended by what. If someone I know that is trans and they tell me they don’t like tranny I won’t use it in their presence out of respect. But even the links posted by Henry showed arguments within that group of which terms they like and which they don’t like. Putting all these terms on equal wrong footing is wrong. When people go around on a message board, some of which appear to barely have one foot in reality, telling everybody what is wrong or right is laughable. 

Next to the n word coon is probably one of the most offensive racial slurs.  It was used mostly in the South.  So if you hear coon and not the ### part or if your not from Louisiana and not familiar with their slang then it could be misconstrued.
I would. Never heard that combination of words in my life. 

These last few post summarize my point of view on this whole topic. It’s not my job to run around trying to figure out who gets offended by what. If someone I know that is trans and they tell me they don’t like tranny I won’t use it in their presence out of respect. But even the links posted by Henry showed arguments within that group of which terms they like and which they don’t like. Putting all these terms on equal wrong footing is wrong. When people go around on a message board, some of which appear to barely have one foot in reality, telling everybody what is wrong or right is laughable. 
Ooh, so close to making a post without insulting others.  

Ok. Must be a piece of history I missed because the google dictionary says it’s short for raccoon and that’s always what I assumed since I first heard it. 

Ok. Must be a piece of history I missed because the google dictionary says it’s short for raccoon and that’s always what I assumed since I first heard it. 
Before I got my Bloodhound I had always owned Coonhounds.  I would sure of felt weird calling them raccoon hounds so you were also right.

All the Ralph Northam supporters in here strongly disagree that its offensive. 

Hypocrisy doesn’t lie where someone changes their behavior because of something they then pass on to others.  
No, but it should serve to give pause to the judgemental piling on mentality that is way too common in this forum.  Everyone has different experience, background and values.   When people don't conform to the views of the mob they are attacked and belittled and tossed away.  

I’ve been very open on this board that I am not a particularly good person. I try to be better about that daily, but the starting point was worse, I promise, than virtually anyone you know.  As far as learning to be better perhaps I have some credibility.  As far as me being a moral example for the world? I wouldn’t recommend it at all. Never have. Certainly not here. 

I’ve been very open on this board that I am not a particularly good person. I try to be better about that daily, but the starting point was worse, I promise, than virtually anyone you know.  As far as learning to be better perhaps I have some credibility.  As far as me being a moral example for the world? I wouldn’t recommend it at all. Never have. Certainly not here. 
Weird that someone that has that view of themselves would take it upon themselves to spend so much time going around telling people how to behave.  How does worse Henry compare to Trump?  

I think the point is less about you as a person and more about you should stop running around correcting people

Let’s not forget sheriff bart’s and multiple tanner accounts penchant for using T
The biggest one was tripple A batteries.  I mean I even started feeling uncomfortable.  Then again if you add all the Tanners together its probably a close race for T. 

Many of us, myself included, have had less than honorable pasts. The difference is how we openly judge people who are still finding their way. I try not to judge. I try to realize that we all come from different experiences, different lives and try to learn from others, not cast judgements.

Many of us, myself included, have had less than honorable pasts. The difference is how we openly judge people who are still finding their way. I try not to judge. I try to realize that we all come from different experiences, different lives and try to learn from others, not cast judgements.
And when I explained to someone that he was saying something offensive, that was “judging” him?

At this point it’s fair to say everyone has made their point about everyone else.  Can we move on or do you guys complaining about dog piling want to dog pile some more?
Hey, fair game. I said a wretched thing five years ago I should be embarrassed about. I am.  It’s totally reasonable for anyone who wants to be upset about that. 

As an aside, rockaction and I worked out everything between us, I believe. So if you’re not saying this for him... ?
We have worked things out, in my estimation. I sent the people that pulled examples PMs but they're not doing it under any authority or request of mine. I thanked them for alleviating some of the sting of it, but other than that, you and I are cool, I've publicly and privately stated that I believe your intentions were to check rather than judge, and there's nothing really left to be said. I think I intoned that we all grow and that it was over as far as I was concerned. I think they might be telling you it's a larger pattern regarding their other views, if I were to speak for them.

But I've certainly had enough of everything, really. No need to further this. I wish it had gone away with the apology and acceptance thereof. Easy peasy. I actually wish I'd thought the thread and its logistics through a little better and not started. Best to not have opened my fool mouth, and I'm usually pretty self-assured. I don't care about co-ed bathrooms. I cared when my elderly mother was faced with its prospect, and she told me she couldn't care less. So there's that, too. 

Read the people being critical of him...a large portion of their board existence is being critical of other people.  Casting an awful lot of stones.

I'm pretty above board. I'll say a lot of dumb stuff, but upon realizing where it comes from and what it means, I often need to slow my roll. I started a thread once squistion called me on, and he was right to do so.

In short: I'm cool. It's cool. Nothing more on my end.

We have worked things out, in my estimation. I sent the people that pulled examples PMs but they're not doing it under any authority or request of mine. I thanked them for alleviating some of the sting of it, but other than that, you and I are cool, I've publicly and privately stated that I believe your intentions were to check rather than judge, and there's nothing really left to be said. I think I intoned that we all grow and that it was over as far as I was concerned. I think they might be telling you it's a larger pattern regarding their other views, if I were to speak for them.

But I've certainly had enough of everything, really. No need to further this. I wish it had gone away with the apology and acceptance thereof. Easy peasy. I actually wish I'd thought the thread and its logistics through a little better and not started. Best to not have opened my fool mouth, and I'm usually pretty self-assured. I don't care about co-ed bathrooms. I cared when my elderly mother was faced with its prospect, and she told me she couldn't care less. So there's that, too. 
That’s very kind of you, and feel free to retract next time I’m a jerk. 

Old people and kids, man. They’re the ones we should be listening to. 

By the way, whatever I say when I’m sober, I think I’ve mentioned before you remind me a great deal of myself, which is probably the only reason I get frustrated trying to discuss things with you in a way I don’t with most.  Only you’re less reactive and angry than I used to be and try not to be now. 

Hey, fair game. I said a wretched thing five years ago I should be embarrassed about. I am.  It’s totally reasonable for anyone who wants to be upset about that. 
Sure.  And just like rock you owned it.  Now it’s time to move on from all of this.  There’s probably no one alive who doesn’t have things in the past they aren’t proud of.  No need to go round and round and round about it.....

Sure.  And just like rock you owned it.  Now it’s time to move on from all of this.  There’s probably no one alive who doesn’t have things in the past they aren’t proud of.  No need to go round and round and round about it.....
Eh, I’ll be dead one day in the not terribly distant future.  Not soon, but probably before I retire. I don’t mind people going round and round on bad things I’ve done. Sort of makes me feel like someone will learn from them better and earlier than I did. At least one hopes. 

I'm split on the bathroom issue. 

On one hand its convenient, I used the single stall womens bathroom all the time at work. I dont care what the sign says and the law supports that. 

On the other hand it's an easy solution in my head to enforce sex oriented bathrooms if that were the law: use whats on your drivers license, make it easy to get a Dr and see a judge if you want to change that.  

And I say dumb stuff all the time 

Users who are viewing this thread