What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tarik Cohen - RB - CHI (2 Viewers)

What happened in OT? Game tracker said Cohen 73 yard TD, then changed it to a 35 yard gain (followed by two Howard runs to paydirt).

Stepped out of bounds on replay or something?

What happened in OT? Game tracker said Cohen 73 yard TD, then changed it to a 35 yard gain (followed by two Howard runs to paydirt).

One ref ruled him out before he even scored. On replay, it was REALLY close. It looked like he was in by a hair, but it wasn't clear enough to overturn.

Ref blew whistle that he stepped out of bounds - but replay looked like he didn't. But too bad they blew it dead. Electric play though.

It's kind of amazing he was so under the radar. He reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson. (LBJ)

It's kind of amazing he was so under the radar. He reminds me a lot of Chris Johnson. (LBJ)
I know he was on my radar as soon as the Bears drafted him. I remember a lot of fans wondering why they drafted another RB but once I saw what he could do I was excited for the possibilities. 

Despite Howard having a great game and getting the most touches, I am impressed that Cohen found a way to deliver.  He gave me another 14 point game in PPR and had that TD not been called back it would have been over 20 points. You watch how he moves and it is clear this kid is special.  He isn't Barry Sanders ((no one is) but he could well be the next Warrick Dunn.

I like Cohen...But I traded him in the only league I owned him after last weeks game,knowing when Cunningham came back,that he would be involved in the passing game as well and will be getting  5-7 touches a game eventually. The Bears are going to have to run the ball and control the clock to win games. Cunningham probably wasn't 100% healthy this week either(that was a fast recovery from a high ankle sprain),But the 3 targets and 3 receptions Cunningham got Yesterday,tells me that he will be involved enough in the passing game to take away 4 or 6 points from Cohen each week. plus seeing Howard get a couple catches doesn't bold well for Cohen... Cohen(only 4 targets 24 yards rec yesterday)Cunningham 3 targets 23 yards rec.). Cunningham isn't going away in the passing game either.He will probably get close to the same number of targets each week as Cohen does. That's not what I want if I'm a Cohen owner.especially in ppr leagues..

Tarik Cohen is emerging as a weekly flex in standard leagues and RB2 in PPR leagues.  Week 3 showed us why they call him the human Joystick.  He should have had a 74 yd TD run that gave them the win in OT (see replay below followed by slo mo) but the refs blew the whistle during the play instead of letting it go review.  Cohen and Howard (who got the official winning TD run) make a great duo and the Bears will continue to use them as weekly weapons.  Week 3 official stat:  12 rush 78 yards 4 rec 24 yards.  Should have been 12 rush 116 yards 1 TD 4 rec 24 yards.

My projections: 112 rush, 616 rush yards, 5.5 yards/carry, 112 targets, 78 rec, 70% efficient catch rate,  546 reception yards, 7 total TDs

Year to date:  24 rush, 157 rush yards, 6.5 yards/carry, 25 targets, 20 rec, 80% efficient catch rate, 126 yards, 1 total TD

On pace:  128 rush, 832 rush yards, 107 rec, 674 reception yards

Rushing projection:

Rushing output is ahead of my projection.  He's at 6.5 yards/carry on the year and that's his college average.  I originally projected him to be at 5.5.  But with Kyle Long back the upside is becoming more consistent and he has a great shot to keep up this pace.  His per game carry average is 8 which is more than my projection of 7.  He's on a pace to have 128 total carries and 832 rushing yards.  And that's not factoring the miss call in week 3 where he should have had that 74 yard rushing TD.  He's going to break some long ones.  It's only week 3 and he should be sitting at 1 rush TD and 1 rec TD.

Receiving projection:

Cohen is on pace to have 107 rec 674 reception yards.  This is starting to normalize down to my projected total 78 rec 546 reception yards.  But notice his incredible 80% efficient catch rate.  I projected 70%.  Though his reception metrics are normalizing his stud efficient catch rate gives him room pass my projection.  An 80% efficient catch rate means the Bears are doing a great job of putting him in position to succeed.  And Cohen is putting his receiving skills on display.

Cohen's week 3 usage total and 2017 yearly total:

7 first down opportunities (20 for the year)

7 second down opportunities (21 for the year)

1 third down opportunities (7 for the year)

Once again Cohen is being featured in early downs.  Notice they haven't used him much on third downs.  This makes sense.  I believe Cohen is still learning his blocking assignments.  And a RB needs to be able to pick up blitzes on third downs.  As the year goes on expect his role in this area to grow.  He is their best receiver and I will guarantee that they want to use him on third downs.  We are witnessing a consistent weapon being used correctly by the Bears coaching staff.  And Cohen is on pace for 1506 total yards, 107 rec.  TDs are still hard to project but he should have 2 on the year.  With Kyle Long expect this future star to have more of what we saw in week 3 (scroll down to see highlight).  ENJOY THE RIDE.

WEEK 3 VS. PIT

Qtr Time Score Down/Dist Yardline Description

1 13:19 0 - 0 2nd-and-11 own 25 caught pass for 0 yards

1 12:32 0 - 0 1st-and-10 opp 29 rushed for 4 yards

1 4:49 7 - 0 1st-and-10 opp 36 rushed for 3 yards

1 4:07 7 - 0 2nd-and-7 opp 33 rushed for 2 yards

1 0:15 7 - 0 1st-and-10 own 35 rushed for 1 yards

2 4:10 7 - 7 1st-and-10 own 42 rushed for 26 yards (first down)

3 14:16 17 - 7 2nd-and-8 own 24 rushed for -4 yards

3 6:10 17 - 14 1st-and-10 own 42 rushed for -1 yards

3 5:34 17 - 14 2nd-and-11 own 41 caught pass for 7 yards

3 4:10 17 - 14 1st-and-10 opp 48 rushed for 0 yards

3 3:34 17 - 14 2nd-and-10 opp 48 caught pass for 8 yards

3 0:43 17 - 14 3rd-and-31 opp 46 rushed for 4 yards

4 9:46 17 - 14 2nd-and-10 own 9 rushed for 3 yards

4 2:32 17 - 17 1st-and-10 own 25 caught pass for 9 yards

4 2:00 17 - 17 2nd-and-1 own 34 rushed for 5 yards (first down)

5 9:13 17 - 17 2nd-and-9 own 27 rushed for 36 yards (first down) THE HUMAN JOYSTICK THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A TD

Week 3 74 yardTD run breakdown:

6 juked tackles (two of the same Pitt defenders were juked twice).

The 74 yard TD run with 6 juked tackles was done in 14 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
when he bounced outside the 2nd time it was as if he was mashing the speed button in madden to blow by that defender.

perhaps the most impressive feat was that after playing 4+ quarters, he was able to run 100 yards on the play and then run another 50-60 full speed towards the sidelines after throwing the ball in the stands

Jaded Steelers fan
I lost some of my soul yesterday because I'm a  Steeler fan who has Tarik on about 20 fantasy teams. When they went to replay I had to ask myself what I was rooting for and it was overwhelmingly for him to get the TD. Instead Steelers suffered same outcome and I did not get the points.

I thought he was in by the way, but not enough to overturn.

As for the Steelers. They need  to quit sleep walking through games when they face what they feel are "inferior" teams, especially on the road. I chalk that loss up to one that could be good for them, they seem a little full of themselves.

I lost some of my soul yesterday because I'm a  Steeler fan who has Tarik on about 20 fantasy teams. When they went to replay I had to ask myself what I was rooting for and it was overwhelmingly for him to get the TD. Instead Steelers suffered same outcome and I did not get the points.

I thought he was in by the way, but not enough to overturn.

As for the Steelers. They need  to quit sleep walking through games when they face what they feel are "inferior" teams, especially on the road. I chalk that loss up to one that could be good for them, they seem a little full of themselves.
They did the same thing last year when they got smoked b y the Eagles. They seemed to right the ship after that one.

They did the same thing last year when they got smoked b y the Eagles. They seemed to right the ship after that one.
This Steelers team run by Tomlin and Ben blows games to ####ty teams every year, usually a couple. I'll never understand why a group of professional athletes needs 'wake up call' games time and again. 

The Bears should never abandon the run no matter how far behind they get.

And if they could get both their best offensive players on the field at the same time, that would be good.

The Bears should never abandon the run no matter how far behind they get.

And they if they could get both their best offensive players on the field at the same time, that would be good.
I noticed they ran Cohen out wide numerous times during the game with Howard in game - makes sense given the state of the CHI WR corps.

He’s not nicked up is he? I got a trade offer from a guy who always sends ####ty offers where I get Cohen for Charles Clay. 

Am i overthinking this? Missing something? Feels no-brainerish 

Users who are viewing this thread