What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Cobra Kai" -- The Karate Kid Series sequel (1 Viewer)

At 3 episodes in I was feeling like I was going to be disappointed with the season after I loved season 1 so much.

By the end I was blown away..  so many emotions.. plenty of drama and twists and turns.

They succeeded at being entertaining and making me want more.. and I have no idea where they will go with another season

Definitely got better in the back half of the season. For next season, I can see Cobra Kai becoming the Cobra Kai of old with Creese back at the helm. And unlike last season we now have some clear bad guys in Hawk and Tory. Season 3 will be CK vs. the world with a focus on Robby’s redemption (and possibly Miguel’s recovery). Unclear whether Johnny and Daniel join forces, but they could by season’s end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen one episode yet, but I dont mind seeing spoilers on page 4 of a thread.  If you dont want spoilers why are you reading so far into a thread?
Well, thank you for asking. 

Season 2 just dropped. There's discussion of even how to watch it if you've already used the trial. A request for spoilers this early on for new content when there's other reasons for checking in isn't unreasonable. 

gianmarco said:
Well, thank you for asking. 

Season 2 just dropped. There's discussion of even how to watch it if you've already used the trial. A request for spoilers this early on for new content when there's other reasons for checking in isn't unreasonable. 
You could drop a whopping 8 bucks or whatever and buy a month.

gianmarco said:
Spoiler tags?
Sincere apologies, and I’ve edited my post to add spoiler tags. You’re right, I should have done that to begin with. That said, I never understand why people quote the material that they want to have in spoiler tags - because now it’s posted multiple times in the thread. Can you edit your post as well so my mistake doesn’t continue to spoil it for others?

Edit:  Thanks gianmarco!  And apologies again. 

I'm on episode 3.  After being blown away by season 1, I'm a little disappointed.

Tell me it finishes strong.

Season 2 very different than season 1.

Season finale  had kind of an Empire Strikes Back/The Two Towers vibe to me of unfinished business at great cost.

I think the writers do a pretty good job of accentuating the “grey” in most of the lead characters.  Guess that goes back to the core concept of “balance” between good and bad.

Really like the Johnny Lawrence character both trying to evolve and squarely stuck in the 1980s at the same time.

Honestly season 2 was a let down for me, maybe because I loved season 1 so much.  I didn't hate it, but I guess I had too high of expectations.

Honestly season 2 was a let down for me, maybe because I loved season 1 so much.  I didn't hate it, but I guess I had too high of expectations.
I loved season 2 until the end. Hated that last episode. 

I want this show to be light hearted and fun. I want references to the old movies and making fun of jonny for being trapped in the 80's still.

I hated that school brawl. Cops from 5 precincts could have arrived and those kids would all be dead from exhaustion.

I loved season 2 until the end. Hated that last episode. 

I want this show to be light hearted and fun. I want references to the old movies and making fun of jonny for being trapped in the 80's still.

I hated that school brawl. Cops from 5 precincts could have arrived and those kids would all be dead from exhaustion.
I agree.. I enjoyed Season 2 quite a bit... until that happened.. there were a few eye rolls from me during that scene..

Season 1 & 2 are free to view.  
Beginning Sept. 11, the second season will be made available for free in an ad-supported environment with one episode released per week. From Aug. 29-Sept. 11, the entire first season can also be binge-watched without you having to pay a single cent

I was able to watch season 2 for free up to episode 4 or 5 a month ago but when I tried to finish the remaining episodes recently they are not free.  Am I doing it wrong?
Maybe free, bit you still need an account and to log in? I remember similar happening to me.  

Maybe free, bit you still need an account and to log in? I remember similar happening to me.  
Well, I just signed in and it still doesn't work.  When I click on Season 2, episode 6 it says it is 30 minutes but all it does is play the 1 minute preview.  Bummer.

Love love love this series. Finally got a chance to watch season 2 and very happy it will get a lot more play with Netflix behind it. 

Watched this over the weekend.  Was really good.  The flashbacks, the 80s refs, the cameos, all so good.  I did like the ending, except for the injury.  

Through the series, you get a good look at how people remember the same events differently.  Also reminded me of the episodes of How I Met Your Mother when Barney explains how LaRusso is the bag guy and the bully, and it makes sense, esp when you watch this series  (Zabka played himself in HIMYM and is Barney's hero).  

Actually looking forward to S3.

Just binged watched both seasons on Netflix, absolutely shocked how good this was compared to what I was expecting.  Really enjoyed the road trip they took Tommy on (sad to here that the actor passed away not too long after).  

Users who are viewing this thread