What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stormy Daniels scandal thread (2 Viewers)

This has been going on since January. I noticed Avenatti was on Kimmel last night and I’d agree making him a star is a mistake. But I don’t think anyone would doubt he’s done a great job on the Daniels case.

However I seriously doubt you personally think bankruptcy and tax dodges are serious character flaws.

Weird to name Avenatti.  Defamation for his public comments about her case?
She may be going after everybody that she believes has confidential information to get them to shut up.    

Avenatti linked to the order sealing the complaint on his Twitter feed.  The order shows the case caption, which includes John Does 1-20, so I suspect it could be a placeholder for anybody else - currently unknown - that received confidential information from any of the named defendants.  

Peter K. Stris‏ @PeterStris

Peter K. Stris Retweeted Michael Avenatti

.@MichaelAvenatti you know why you are included in this complaint. You understood that your previous actions might well lead to this when you called our firm and begged us not to sue you several days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now funny thing is if Broidy wants to say the deal is unenforceable - because, you know - he can certainly go ahead and say that. Or he can say Davidson breached it and he’s on the hook, I guess that works too.

Mike Balsamo‏Verified account @MikeBalsamo1

A judge has ordered former Playboy model Shera Bechard’s lawyer to provide a copy of her lawsuit to @MichaelAvenatti but it remains under seal. The judge has not yet ruled on the request by Avenatti and seven news organizations, including @AP, to immediately unseal the complaint.

Mike Balsamo‏Verified account @MikeBalsamo1

Update: Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Ernest Hiroshige has kept the lawsuit under seal. It was a conditional sealing order so the lawsuit should be unsealed in 20 days, unless there are further motions to keep it sealed.

Yashar Ali  ?‏Verified account @yashar

1. SCOOP: For weeks people have speculated that Elliott Broidy entered into a hush agreement with Playmate Shera Bechard to cover up an affair she had with Trump. I have now confirmed that Bechard has never met Trump..in fact, they've had no contact.

Yashar Ali  ?‏Verified account @yashar

2. Broidy has stopped payments to Bechard because he says their agreement didn't remain confidential. Bechard's attorney @PeterStris has filed a complaint against Broidy/Davidson. He also included Avenatti for reasons that remain unknown as it's sealed.

Yashar Ali report:

Playmate Who Had Affair With Major GOP Fundraiser Has Never Met Trump, Sources Say

Contrary to speculation about a secret affair with Trump, two sources say Shera Bechard has had no contact with the president.

Shera Bechard, the Playboy Playmate who had an affair with a former Republican National Committee deputy finance chairman, Elliott Broidy, and later entered into a hush-money agreement with him, has never met or spoken to President Donald Trump, two sources familiar with the matter tell HuffPost. This news comes after weeks of speculation that Bechard had in fact had an affair with Trump and that Broidy had acted as a middleman to settle Bechard’s claim.

The sources, who are unaffiliated with the president, asked not to be named in order to speak frankly about sensitive information. When asked by HuffPost about the speculation that Broidy acted as a conduit, both sources denied the rumors and said there had been no affair — or even any contact — between Bechard and Trump. ...

I'm sure this sort of arrest is completely ordinary and this is not at all politically motivated.
I’m a local.  

Our government is pretty much all Dems, so I doubt it was politically motivated.  It sounds like there may have been something behind her erratic behavior (if you know what I mean).  She was out of control and they needed to pull the plug.  

Aside from any jail time, this seems like a win for Stormy.  Her name stays in the news and this is also just more ammo for Avenatti.  It also shows how obsessively worried the pro-Trumpers are about Stormy, but that is more amusing than anything else.    

>>Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, was arrested at a club in Columbus, Ohio, for allowing a customer to touch her while on stage, lawyer Michael Avenatti said on Twitter, describing the touching as "non-sexual."<<

- Gosh what goes on these iniquitous pleasure dens?
Their doing it wrong

Lol like there just happened to be a sheriff deputy on duty at the ‘Sirens Gentleman’s Club’ just waiting to see if the classic ‘look but don’t touch’ purity law was being rigorously adhered to.
I mean if you break the law you get arrested/ticketed. How is this different?

Yeah but she does the sex thing.
Morality is relative.  Many people are troubled by scamming lower-middle class people who look up to you out of thousands of dollars.  Conservatives obviously don't mind that, but apparently they can't abide a woman letting strangers motorboat her for a few bucks. 

Hey buddy I live in New Orleans, cops don’t hang out in strip clubs looking to bust people. They’re more likely to be customers or even dating the girls themselves. Tell me what it’s like in America I’d really like to know, is this like something that happens in your area?

Don't mind me. I'm just flagging this for when Mueller finds that Trump likely violated federal criminal statutes on obstruction of justice and witness tampering and every conservative howls incessantly about how it's just nickel and dime stuff not real crimes and no collusion and yadda yadda yadda.

Don't mind me. I'm just flagging this for when Mueller finds that Trump likely violated federal criminal statutes on obstruction of justice and witness tampering and every conservative howls incessantly about how it's just nickel and dime stuff not real crimes and no collusion and yadda yadda yadda.
Go for it. I have a feeling this won't be bumped. Or maybe you will bump it after three years when Mueller reports the unpaid parking ticket he found.

Hey buddy I live in New Orleans, cops don’t hang out in strip clubs looking to bust people. They’re more likely to be customers or even dating the girls themselves. Tell me what it’s like in America I’d really like to know, is this like something that happens in your area?
Hey buddy I live in Houston. Unfortunately for her she was not in Houston or New Orleans. She was in Ohio which has insane laws(which she knew about) for strip clubs. She broke the law. Take it up with Ohio.

Go for it. I have a feeling this won't be bumped. Or maybe you will bump it after three years when Mueller reports the unpaid parking ticket he found.
Which, according to your own post, would mean that Trump should be arrested (or impeached and removed from office, depending on your perspective on the Constitutionality of indicting a sitting president). Right?  Like you said, "if you break the law you get arrested/ticketed." And if you broke the law and got ticketed and didn't pay it, thus breaking the law again, that leaves arrest as the only option.

Which, according to your own post, would mean that Trump should be arrested (or impeached and removed from office, depending on your perspective on the Constitutionality of indicting a sitting president). Right?  Like you said, "if you break the law you get arrested/ticketed." And if you broke the law and got ticketed and didn't pay it, thus breaking the law again, that leaves arrest as the only option.
Strawman much?

Hey buddy I live in Houston. Unfortunately for her she was not in Houston or New Orleans. She was in Ohio which has insane laws(which she knew about) for strip clubs. She broke the law. Take it up with Ohio.
Ha yeah I’d like to know if this sort of thing really happens in Columbus, I rather doubt it but who knows.

Yeah but she does the sex thing.
It's important to understand that Stormy Daniels grabbed the butt of a male strip club patron, which is sexual assault and probably deeply traumatizing for that poor guy.  Comparing her actions to those of the president is totally unjustified because he would never just grab somebody's bathing suit area without their express consent.

It's important to understand that Stormy Daniels grabbed the butt of a male strip club patron, which is sexual assault and probably deeply traumatizing for that poor guy. 
However assuredly Victim must have presented said butt. I’m just thinking maybe this was self-defense on Stormy’s part.

Strawman much?
Not really, and definitely not here.  A straw man is when you invent an argument and then tear it down. I used your exact words about crime and punishment- literally cut and pasted them- and applied them to your exact hypothetical  (the president has an unpaid parking ticket). 

It's OK to disagree about politics but mislabeling rhetorical devices should be a bannable offense IMO.

Not really, and definitely not here.  A straw man is when you invent an argument and then tear it down. I used your exact words about crime and punishment- literally cut and pasted them- and applied them to your exact hypothetical  (the president has an unpaid parking ticket). 

It's OK to disagree about politics but mislabeling rhetorical devices should be a bannable offense IMO.
Yeah you may have gone a little overboard on your comparison. But that is expected so have fun with it.

Users who are viewing this thread