What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay Packers Thread (4 Viewers)

What you think Packer devotees?  Is MVS a hold as a WR4/5 in a 12 team redraft?  Injuries and upcoming byes have me nervous, I certainly don't feel comfortable throwing MVS out there now.
Unless you have extremely short benches MVS is a hold.  He'll be just fine and find a way to make some plays.  There's no doubt he's a weekly boom/bust pick though.  Great in best ball and as a fill-in when your team is an underdog.  Good luck.

Rodgers threw a great deep ball to MVS that he fought for and couldn't quite hold. That would have made his stats a lot chunkier. Adams (?) or someone also juggled a deep shot in this game.

re: "offense isn't what it used to be" -- I mean, that is literally true since it's a new offense. It may not be better than the old offense, we'll see. The upshot is they don't need to score 30 to win a game this year.

I just saw the Trevor Davis trade. I'm not sure what they got or why they moved him but I like him. Good return guy and I thought was an adequate depth WR guy.

I just saw the Trevor Davis trade. I'm not sure what they got or why they moved him but I like him. Good return guy and I thought was an adequate depth WR guy.
Got a 6th from the Raiders.

Signed DB Trevon Smith waived by the Chiefs earlier in the week. He'll take over KO return duties. Averaged 26.9 per return last year, which was 4th in the league. Sounds like Darrius Shepherd is near return from his hamstring injury and likely to be active on Sunday.

6th round?

Seems he was behind others at wr...and the corner they signed to replace Greene is a return guy.

His off the field issues in the past i thought he had a good camp and preseason.

Have not yet seen who took his spot in the roster.

6th round?

Seems he was behind others at wr...and the corner they signed to replace Greene is a return guy.

His off the field issues in the past i thought he had a good camp and preseason.

Have not yet seen who took his spot in the roster.
Jim Owczarski

@JimOwczarski

Keon Hatcher is indeed returning to Green Bay. The 6-1, 212 wide receiver was on the #Packers PS from Oct.-mid-Nov. before the #Raiders signed him to their roster. He was on their PS in 2017, made the ‘18 53-man but was waived after Week 1. Also spent time in Detroit last yr.

Like to see them build on the positive record with a bit more positive offensive production thrown in as well.  Slight improvement every week, keep that arrow pointing upward.

Rodgers just looks like another QB who is breaking down in the league for many reasons, not just physical health. His collarbone injuries and his knees have made him a bit hesitant in the pocket, sure, but I dont think its a step slow from age as much as it is worried about that next blow he may take. When a player as great as Rodgers looks like he does now, it is worrisome. I will be that guy who calls this more mental than physical. As strange as that can sound, it can even be more obvious since he is learning a different offense. Some plays are clicking but he just looks like he isnt a polished vet back there and it comes from them trying to be more balanced this year.

They have passed 71 times, and ran it 55 on their play calls this year, thats in the low half of the passing league we have at 56.3% 21st in the league in pass play selection. 

The Giants pass more than the Packers and this here lies the problem with the NFL. Use your best players, even if others know its coming. The Giants should be running the ball and the Packers should be passing. If I was the Giants and Im down 21, I still run with Barkley. If I am the Packers and Im up 21, I still pass with Rodgers. Why? because the Vikings almost came back when you take it out of your best players hands. 

I feel the offense is still hurt by the fact that they have a new system and took zero snaps together in the preseason. I understand not wanting to get key players hurt in the preseason but it hurts your team chemistry and puts you behind the defense early in the year.

This team doesn't need another RB or WR and while a DB like Ramsey would be fantastic they aren't going to a)  Pay the Jags asking price and b) Pay Ramsey what he wants, and likely worth, to get him to sign a LT deal.  What the Packers really need is a TE.  Not impressed with the group they've been putting on the field and with how important that position seems to be for LaFleur's offense that is going to be a huge problem for the Pack.

The Packers need to go Grab either Brate or Howard.

What about Doyle or even Ebron? Indy has Cox in the wings.

I would say Rudolph but Minny isnt trading to the Pack in division, fact is, there isnt even that many good TEs in the NFL currently. 

Rodgers just looks like another QB who is breaking down in the league for many reasons, not just physical health. His collarbone injuries and his knees have made him a bit hesitant in the pocket, sure, but I dont think its a step slow from age as much as it is worried about that next blow he may take. When a player as great as Rodgers looks like he does now, it is worrisome. I will be that guy who calls this more mental than physical. As strange as that can sound, it can even be more obvious since he is learning a different offense. Some plays are clicking but he just looks like he isnt a polished vet back there and it comes from them trying to be more balanced this year.

They have passed 71 times, and ran it 55 on their play calls this year, thats in the low half of the passing league we have at 56.3% 21st in the league in pass play selection. 

The Giants pass more than the Packers and this here lies the problem with the NFL. Use your best players, even if others know its coming. The Giants should be running the ball and the Packers should be passing. If I was the Giants and Im down 21, I still run with Barkley. If I am the Packers and Im up 21, I still pass with Rodgers. Why? because the Vikings almost came back when you take it out of your best players hands. 
Did you watch the game?  The run game was effective in the second half.  It's not like they did not try to pass at all and just missed on a few potential big plays.  They did pass for a key first down on the last drive to basically allow them to run out the clock. 

Graham is not just a bad blocker, he is slow as hell and has always had average hands. I think when Jace comes back we will have the TE we need. 

I also think the offense is still jelling, not because they didn’t play in preseason, but because it takes time together to be efficient and effective. 20-30 (fake plays) or as others call it, “preseason”snaps would not make things happen faster. 

I still recall the year Jordy tore is ACL in a stupid preseason game. No thanks. 

Lane Taylor to IR.  Not that he has played well anyway.  I could have seen him losing his job but providing depth.  

Signed Pankey back...

Got to come out of this one healthy with the quick turn around to Thursday night

DW posted some similar short thoughts in the game thread.

If you just see 6 sacks and 3 takeaways on D...and none given up by the offense you would think they would have won by 21.  But still 3-0.

Offense again came out quick and worked well down the field, got the offsides and a beautiful deep ball.  But was again inconsistent after that.  Penalties got them behind the sticks too often.  A couple series where it seemed first and second down were pressured by the Dline and Rodgers just throwing it away quick.  Interior line play has not been good at all.  But, they capitalized on the turnovers twice turning that into points...  

Defense...obviously got the pressure at times and got home with it.  The Smiths were such a fantastic add...and fun watching them feed off of each other and how they interview and act together.  And good for Gary to be learning from them.  But missed tackles have become a problem this year...and giving up long drives.  A lot of it was dink and dunk stuff they just kept getting beat by.  And not sure why any team doesn't just run it 40 times against us right now.  King is so inconsistent...looks really good one play...to letting his man get behind him and then basically stopping the next.  

Another sloppy win...but it is still a win.

It absolutely pains me to say this (as we all bleed green and gold), but, Aaron Rodgers is looking like a ##### to me. I am not jumping off the Hoan Bridge just yet. He seems "off" this year, so far.

It absolutely pains me to say this (as we all bleed green and gold), but, Aaron Rodgers is looking like a ##### to me. I am not jumping off the Hoan Bridge just yet. He seems "off" this year, so far.
I'm not worried yet.  It's still a new offense to everyone and other than Adams he has inexperienced targets.  Not having a reliable TE hurts too.  He does need to play better and I think he and the entire offense will. 

Rodgers had 4 really bad passes that I recall, hard to say what the reason was there but 2 just sailed. Then again he also had the bomb TD and another that was inches from Tonyan’s grasp.

I think Rodgers will stay quiet about any complaints he has with the playcalling for now since the media was harping on his relationship with LaFleur all offseason. And while there are problems, hey, the rookie coach is 3-0.

With the 2018 defensive lineup I’m confident this team would be 0-3, probably including multiple blowouts. I know it was just Flacco but good defenses are supposed to be wrecking and stat-mongering in games like this and I enjoyed it very much.

Eagles are wounded but dangerous. Packers D played a ton of snaps. Rest up my dudes.

I saw once where Rodgers did a “whatever” hand gesture to the sideline. Then later they show him mouthing “horrible call” as they broke to commercial. I’ve owned Rodgers since he was a rookie and he’s always been a favorite but that’s some toxic stuff.

Aaron Rodgers is one of my favorite football players.

For fantasy purposes, his stats suggest he isnt even rosterable but are we gonna cut Rodgers? No.

He is useless right now, you cant start him until he puts up 300 yards at least once or more than 2 TDs in games consecutively. Some QBs in my bonus yards league have more points in one week then he has all season. 

He is winning real games, but this nonsense with his new coach is arrogant and when he gets like this he tends to perform better so we shall see. If he doesnt light up the Eagles just for show, even in a win, people will still sweat his ability because once that defense starts to get banged up more, it will start to show he doesnt have it right now.

I know fans want to hope, but he looks awful. If not for that free play yesterday, he looked bad in performance not just stats. 

Aaron Rodgers is one of my favorite football players.

For fantasy purposes, his stats suggest he isnt even rosterable but are we gonna cut Rodgers? No.

He is useless right now, you cant start him until he puts up 300 yards at least once or more than 2 TDs in games consecutively. Some QBs in my bonus yards league have more points in one week then he has all season. 

He is winning real games, but this nonsense with his new coach is arrogant and when he gets like this he tends to perform better so we shall see. If he doesnt light up the Eagles just for show, even in a win, people will still sweat his ability because once that defense starts to get banged up more, it will start to show he doesnt have it right now.

I know fans want to hope, but he looks awful. If not for that free play yesterday, he looked bad in performance not just stats. 
There is no nonsense with the new coach. 

So Derrick Wolfe goes out, hurt. After that there is still more than a half of football to play.  from my memory they only ran to his replacement one time, one time.  Me, I am old so maybe old school.  I like testing backups forced into action.

I saw once where Rodgers did a “whatever” hand gesture to the sideline. Then later they show him mouthing “horrible call” as they broke to commercial. I’ve owned Rodgers since he was a rookie and he’s always been a favorite but that’s some toxic stuff.
This season?  Keep believing what some of the media is feeding ya there is no rift between Rodgers and LaFleur...none whatsoever.  No last year with Rodgers and McCarthy yes completely different story.

Also just heard on the Bill Michaels show the Packers offense is ranked 7th in the NFL in the 1st quarter and 30th in quarters 2-4.  So that tells me that they are struggling once the defense starts making adjustments but the initial game plan and execution of that plan is fine.  They will get that ironed out. 

Keep believing what some of the media is feeding ya there is no rift between Rodgers and LaFleur...none whatsoever. 
Not sure you can call this 'media driven'?We all see the footage during the game.  Body language, lip reading, etc.

Winning masks problems...it doesn't fix them.

I don't see anything thus far that leads me to believe Aaron Rodgers is doing anything differently than he's done the past few seasons (good and bad).

Not sure you can call this 'media driven'?We all see the footage during the game.  Body language, lip reading, etc.

Winning masks problems...it doesn't fix them.

I don't see anything thus far that leads me to believe Aaron Rodgers is doing anything differently than he's done the past few seasons (good and bad).
Yeah I'm not seeing that at all.  He had the one moment against MN where he and Lafleur got a little heated but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as last year.  Last year he was constantly pouting and saying stuff, pointing at WR's etc...I'm not seeing that nearly as much this year.  Even yesterday he badly overthrew a WR and pointed to his chest as my bad...don't recall seeing that last year.  I'd like to see a link where he mouthed (stupid call) from this year.  Seeing Rodgers locker room interaction with Lafleur after the Bears victory shows me they get along just fine.

Yeah I'm not seeing that at all.  He had the one moment against MN where he and Lafleur got a little heated but I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as last year.  Last year he was constantly pouting and saying stuff, pointing at WR's etc...I'm not seeing that nearly as much this year.  Even yesterday he badly overthrew a WR and pointed to his chest as my bad...don't recall seeing that last year.  I'd like to see a link where he mouthed (stupid call) from this year.  Seeing Rodgers locker room interaction with Lafleur after the Bears victory shows me they get along just fine.
I hope you're correct.  However, I fear this is something more than 'media driven'.  Here's the clip from yesterday's game: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/9/24/16358762/aaron-rodgers-stupid-#######-call

I hope you're correct.  However, I fear this is something more than 'media driven'.  Here's the clip from yesterday's game: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/9/24/16358762/aaron-rodgers-stupid-#######-call
That was from 2017.

That clip was from 2017.  Maybe I'm seeing through rose colored glasses but I don't think Rodgers is nearly as pouty this year.  He still has his moments though.

That clip was from 2017.  Maybe I'm seeing through rose colored glasses but I don't think Rodgers is nearly as pouty this year.  He still has his moments though.
He did the same thing Sunday. Can I find the clip? Don’t know nor do I have the time to search for it. At least with your last sentence there seems to be a realism there that wasn’t before. 

Without context of what was happening when he supposed said such things, and no clue who he was referring to...what's the point?

As for his play...like the OL it’s inconsistent.  One play he is off his back foot and with a flick of the wrist chucking that almost 50 yards to MVS for the TD.  The next he is sailing it over a wide open receiver.

Hoping it all gets better but its been a while since we saw him him a complete game of being really really good.

Hoping the Thursday game home team trend continues.  Philly is banged up and traveling on a short week.  If we can get past them we have a bit of a mini bye, again, to get ready for the following week.  Teams traveling for Thursday either lose one day of a very short practice week or have one hell of a long day, traveling and playing.  Let's take every advantage.

He did the same thing Sunday. Can I find the clip? Don’t know nor do I have the time to search for it. At least with your last sentence there seems to be a realism there that wasn’t before. 
I don’t think he did.  With all the scrutiny he’s under that would be all over the inter webs if he had.

nowhere have I said Rodgers is a saint.  He’s a diva and arrogant as hell.  Doesn’t mean he’s having issues with LaFleur...yet.  Pretty much all that drama is drummed up by the media.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t see it, but not saying it didn’t happen. But I watch the press conferences and interviews and no one has questioned him on that kind of comment, which makes me doubt it happened. These press guys are relentless a-holes for the most part and just looking to start #### between Rodgers and anyone, especially the coaches. Rodgers has been hard on himself but really seems to be happy about everything else, including the atmosphere around the team. 

I don’t need a link.  I watched the game.
Me too and didn’t see it.  This would be all over Twitter if it truly happened in the context you put it.

Regardless I’m done with this.  Rodgers is an ####### and his relationship with LaFleur is doomed.  Guess we’re all wasting our time cheering for the Packers.

Me too and didn’t see it.  This would be all over Twitter if it truly happened in the context you put it.

Regardless I’m done with this.  Rodgers is an ####### and his relationship with LaFleur is doomed.  Guess we’re all wasting our time cheering for the Packers.
I’m not saying it’s a crisis.  Just something that happened.  It was a moment in a long game.

I don’t need a link.  I watched the game.
I would guess it was after the 3 and out series as the end of the third quarter.  Rodgers threw 2 straight into the ground and then threw it away out of bounds on third down.  There was definitely frustration and LaFleur came over to Rodgers on the bench after that drive.  Don't think it was a huge deal but seemed they were not on the same page that drive.

I would guess it was after the 3 and out series as the end of the third quarter.  Rodgers threw 2 straight into the ground and then threw it away out of bounds on third down.  There was definitely frustration and LaFleur came over to Rodgers on the bench after that drive.  Don't think it was a huge deal but seemed they were not on the same page that drive.
I don't think it was that big of a deal either but there was definitely frustration between the two. What was curious is that the cameras picked it up and at one point Rodgers seemed to look right in to the camera as if he's aware of the perception. I think this offense is still evolving and LaFleur and Rodgers are still in the feeling each other out stage. Hopefully it gets there sooner rather than later.

Good game by Thursday standards but what a buzz kill😒

Defense and ST's were just awful last night. Incredible how the offense changed when Devante went down. 

DPI should have been called on the last Int but bottom line is the Pack made too many mistakes, didn't or couldn't adjust enough to win. Props to Philly.

On to Dallas where Zeke could run for an NFL record unless GB figures out how to slow down the run.

I wasn't a big fan of the Trevor Davis trade when it happened. Even loss so now if Adams misses any time.

The defense was exposed last night. Sure the team speed is better but you better be able to stop the run. Adjusting to stop the run may slow down the pass rush of the Smiths going forward. Let's see if they can make adjustments to tighten up the defense and the offense still has work to do and Jimmy Graham needs to catch more of those tougher catches.

Felt like a playoff game but you need to play better than that to beat a playoff team (except for the Bears).

Defense is worn down from the Sunday game where Denver had the ball for 35 minutes. And with zero running offense last night… yeah, not pretty.

Backups Light and especially Redmond forced into significant roles were victimized.

Best performance of the year for Rodgers, Allison and King.

Kumerow (if/when healthy) and Shepherd need to be involved no matter how long Adams may be out. They can be real contributors.

Feels right to be able to hate the Eagles again.

Well...for most of the game, the offense at least looked better.  Moved the ball more consistently even with abandoning the run due to personnel.  But those 2 shots from the goal line are inexcusable.  6 plays down that close to come away with no points and a turnover.  And now injuries have the OL thin, RB thin.  People can complain about Jamaal Williams, but he was the power compliment to Jones.  And Jones looked to be limping several times Thursday night as well.  Can the younger guys pick up a blitz?  We know Williams and Jones could.  The other failure here is they still had no answer for what to do with an inevitable Bulaga injury.  I don't think Light is the answer.

Reports are hard to trust on Davante.  Not too serious?  But said he didn't even want to put a shoe back on.  We will see.  Hope they don't rush him back only for it to linger all year.  Because he just looks uncoverable so often.

Defense got exposed a bit.  Too much trying to play small and fast and Philly just kept punching them in the mouth.  And when they did pass it was short quick passes to neutralize the pass rush.

And the PI review just needs to go away if they won't even overturn the obvious ones (not talking about the last one at the GL...that is so bang bang and needs still images and frame by frame to make it look so bad) but the other one we did challenge was obvious in real time and even more so in slow motion.

Users who are viewing this thread