What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 rookie dynasty owners, what are you being offered? What are you selling for? (1 Viewer)

So would you 1.01 owners accept or laugh at a 1.02+1.03 offer?  12 team 0.5 PPR. 
I was offered this exact deal, I declined fairly quickly. 2 and 3 are a bit more of gambles. Mine is full ppr so it gets closer in yours but I'd still pass. I'd want an established young proven stud in the deal if I were moving Barkley

So would you 1.01 owners accept or laugh at a 1.02+1.03 offer?  12 team 0.5 PPR. 
I wouldn't laugh which means according to the question I must accept  How much is a TD worth?  240lb back making Millions for short yardage if nothing else  Believe we would need to consider roster limits along w trading potential, For instance, I may not be fond of player A but if he's doing well there's a chance I could land a WR (perhaps another Rook RB too) along w the understanding I really like player B  Do any gurus question Barkley's pass protection in comparison to JStew...  Is the team picking 1.01 actually the worst team in the League meaning possibly a few Seasons away from relevance...  How about this team trading the two picks?  The picks acquired from trading depth etc. to where its already a strong contender  Guess theres a chance I could laugh if the guy is basically asking me to giftwrap him the championship(s) based on Barkley being a generational talent  By chance have you seen any recent trades in the League for actual established backs like Zeke assuming the fact that Barkley's value could/should actually increase

To me the trade is neither laughable nor slam dunk  Its tough because I would like to believe Gucci is close to 1B and as much as I do not care for the Seahawks situation it sure does appear that Penny could be Fantasy gold  However the "generational talent" angle is quite intriguing to say the least  ugh, I just read in this piece that Barkley isn't exactly a smaller back (233lb's) http://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2770090-is-saquon-barkley-really-a-generational-rb-talent

(FWIW) I pick like 7th in my draft and even though it's a two QB League I truly haven't given much consideration in ways to acquire Barkley  No, not fishing for examples just stating facts  Now I do have previous experience with not only the Top pick but also the last pick in more recent times   

Here's one from deep roster IDP dynasty:

New Orleans Bagger Vances gave up Crowder, Jamison WAS WR;Smith, Jonnu TEN TE;Pierre-Paul, Jason TBB DE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.01

Denver Chronic gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR;Ertz, Zach PHI TE; Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.06; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from Denver Chronic
1.06 wound up being Ronald Jones.  Hopkins, Ertz and 2 first rounders is a deal I would do.  

Id take 2 and 3 over Barkley. 

That's Guice and Chubb. That's ludicrous. 
I thought about those players but offered it because I have a man crush on Barkley. I’m not too upset though because I am thinking of picking those two and whoever of Penny or RoJo that falls to 1.05.  Hard to be upset about that outcome. 

Semi-dynasty; we keep 10 each year. I'm being offered 2019 and 2020 1sts, plus the use of one of his ten keeper spots each of the next two years. Tough to put a value on those spots; the extra keeper for me this year would be one of Jimmy Graham, Jack Doyle, Chris Hogan, or Jordy Nelson. I don't think that gets it done. 

Semi-dynasty; we keep 10 each year. I'm being offered 2019 and 2020 1sts, plus the use of one of his ten keeper spots each of the next two years. Tough to put a value on those spots; the extra keeper for me this year would be one of Jimmy Graham, Jack Doyle, Chris Hogan, or Jordy Nelson. I don't think that gets it done. 
Nope. If those picks end up being late, you just gave away a potential generational talent for nothing.

I traded pick 1.01 for 1.02 and 1.03 prior to Penn State's bowl game (.5 ppr).  Had I held it longer I'd probably have been able to get more, but we'll see how it works out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread