What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

David Moore, WR (CHI) (1 Viewer)

That can EASILY happen.

It's a juggling act with our rosters which is why I'm thinking of starting a thread based off my running "hot list" for dynasty leagues next season (& where everyone else can input their hot list recommendations based on their leagues if they want).

I mentioned it in the Chris Herndon thread, but it would be similar to the weekly waiver wire threads only with a continuous theme.
Sounds like a great idea: Sticky Stash Hot List. 

Definitely a guy to consider. Most targeted today, looks like he's the most explosive receiver on the team for multiple weeks. Wilson also seems to like looking for him on those deep strikes, and even for some 50/50s. Moore also seems like he can get open when Russell does his usual break from the pocket under pressure or designed roll outs to get him on the run, and I've noticed Russell looks for Moore a lot on these kinds of plays.

Finally the one week I needed him, he pops a "poorformance", this week sucks all around for me.  Yikes.  

After disappearing for a few weeks, our boy put up 4 rec. for 103 and another TD today.  I think we have a full-blown hype train.

:drive:

Last edited by a moderator:
David Moore failed to catch any of his five targets in the Seahawks' Week 14 win over the Vikings.

He and Tyler Lockett (six) were the only Seahawks with more than one target. Russell Wilson went 10-of-20 for 72 yards and a pick, but Moore could have had a bigger night. He was able to only get one foot in bounds on what should have been a 35-yard touchdown and later dropped a pass. Moore saw elevated snaps with Doug Baldwin (hip) out, but his night was very frustrating.

Dec 10 - 11:53 PM

This guy, along with Trequan Smith, killed me down the stretch this year.  So much for zero wr theory.

Interested in people who have seen most Seahawks games and their view of Moore, long term. 

Just under 505 reception rate. 4 targets per game average since week 5. What  is in his future (2019)?

Interested in people who have seen most Seahawks games and their view of Moore, long term. 

Just under 505 reception rate. 4 targets per game average since week 5. What  is in his future (2019)?
They don't have much of a passing game. They had the fewest pass attempts in the NFL this season at 427 (almost 200 fewer than league leading KC). #2 in the league for rush attempts. They found an effective formula that worked this season. Moore seemed to have value while Baldwin was out but clearly behind both Lockett and Baldwin (even injured). He could have value, I guess, with Baldwin's regular injury status but he's not going to have much value (imo) otherwise. They need to upgrade the WR position, for sure, but they've shown that they can win as a run-first team when paired with RW's magic when needed. I picked him up this year after the reports from the offseason. I knew that Jaron Brown wouldn't be much to beat and anticipated Doug's injuries. He's not worth holding onto.

I had him for parts of the season and saw him play live in London this year. He had his hot and cold periods and was very TD dependent. He was a big redzone target and one of the reasons Brandon Marshall was released. The Run first offense has pretty much narrowed to Lockett on big plays and Baldwin in more of a posession role in the passing game. Moore was that wild card but there wasn't alot of mouths to feed when you run that much.

That being said I had him on my dynasty team and dropped him for other more consistent pieces. He is on the short list if we happen to increase roster size this off-season but right now he wasn't a hold for me, even though he is a rookie and has a ton of potential.  

IF Baldwin moves on somehow then I could see him opposite Lockett for a few years to come and Wilson showed him some love quite a bit especially when Baldwin wasn't much of a factor. It wasn't a surprise when Baldwin started getting productive the last 3rd of the season that Moore fell off a bit. 

I like what I've seen from this guy. Any chance he makes a push for relevance this year considering Baldwins continued health problems?

Bumping this thread based on the Baldwin news.  He showed some promise last year when Baldwin was out, and may be cast in a starting role at least early in the season, giving him an opportunity to seize it.  Seemed like Carroll liked him, and Wilson seemed to trust him.  He made some big plays at times.  Seems like a great add, whose value oddly has risen even with the Hawks drafting Metcalf.

Bumping this thread based on the Baldwin news.  He showed some promise last year when Baldwin was out, and may be cast in a starting role at least early in the season, giving him an opportunity to seize it.  Seemed like Carroll liked him, and Wilson seemed to trust him.  He made some big plays at times.  Seems like a great add, whose value oddly has risen even with the Hawks drafting Metcalf.
I'm ok with Metcalf as a Moore owner. DK obviously has upside, but I'm leery of him becoming more than a one-trick pony (which helps Moore).

Seahawks drafted three WRs.  I can't say I like that, but hopefully Moore continues to shine and improve.

Speaking Thursday, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll singled out WR David Moore's offseason for praise.

Carroll said Moore has "made a huge leap in overall knowledge of receiving and ability to play multiple spots." The 2017 seventh-rounder made noise as a big-play threat last season but posted inconsistent numbers on inconsistent usage. He was phased out the down the stretch. The Seahawks have since seen the retirement of Doug Baldwin, though they also used three draft picks on wideouts. Moore figures to remain a highly-volatile WR5/6 in a run-first offense.

SOURCE: Bob Condotta on Twitter

Jun 13, 2019, 4:19 PM ET

I'm not sure why they basically ignored him down the stretch, after he'd had a couple of big games. He's very talented and a fantastic athlete. I'd like to think there's a plan to get him more involved consistently this year but I'm not holding my breath with this coaching staff. Having said that, well worth a stash to see what happens. 

I had him down the stretch and felt at the time the dropped TD at the back of the endzone against the Chargers really hurt him. Would seem slightly unfair to dial him back after that considering he was on a fairly productive run but its just a thought. 

I'm not sure why they basically ignored him down the stretch, after he'd had a couple of big games. He's very talented and a fantastic athlete. I'd like to think there's a plan to get him more involved consistently this year but I'm not holding my breath with this coaching staff. Having said that, well worth a stash to see what happens. 
The chargers game drop hurt him and basically he didn't do any miracle catches. He had few chances and didn't do well enough with them, so the team decided to find better places to go and Loccett was on fire. I think he has decent chance this year to do better and earn the Baldwin role. 

Is this guy going to be viable this season or any season  ?
For where he is going he’s worth the gamble. With metcalf and the other rookies there he isn’t getting any press because that’s not what the fans wanna hear (not a headline name) but I’m in the camp that thinks come game time he gets more time then metcalf. 

He wasn't too hot in the first preseason game.  Got a target or two with no receptions, I think.  Committed an illegal block and was returning punts.

I started this bandwagon but I'm a little worried.  Wilson seemingly only has eyes for Lockett (and now Brown).

This does not sound very promising.  May not be worth the roster spot for too much longer...

NBC Sports Northwest's Joe Fann reports David Moore has been "quiet overall" throughout training camp.

Asked for a prediction on Moore's upcoming season, Fann cautioned to not expect much more than Moore produced a season ago when he went 26-445-5 on 53 targets, a target number Fann is not willing to raise right now. DK Metcalf underwent a knee scope this week and seems doubtful for Week 1. However, he's not expected to miss much time, and both Tyler Lockett and Jaron Brown appear to also be ahead of Moore on the depth chart.

This does not sound very promising.  May not be worth the roster spot for too much longer...

NBC Sports Northwest's Joe Fann reports David Moore has been "quiet overall" throughout training camp.

Asked for a prediction on Moore's upcoming season, Fann cautioned to not expect much more than Moore produced a season ago when he went 26-445-5 on 53 targets, a target number Fann is not willing to raise right now. DK Metcalf underwent a knee scope this week and seems doubtful for Week 1. However, he's not expected to miss much time, and both Tyler Lockett and Jaron Brown appear to also be ahead of Moore on the depth chart.
As seahawks fan, does not sound promising for Seahawks either... 

Jaron Brown sucks.

As seahawks fan, does not sound promising for Seahawks either... 

Jaron Brown sucks.
I can confirm this as a Cardinals fan.

The biggest problem with Moore is that he doesn't catch the ball with his hands. So he has to be wide open or the ball has to be perfectly thrown. You can't be a good WR in the nfl if you don't catch with your hands. 

I can confirm this as a Cardinals fan.

The biggest problem with Moore is that he doesn't catch the ball with his hands. So he has to be wide open or the ball has to be perfectly thrown. You can't be a good WR in the nfl if you don't catch with your hands. 
How do you catch a ball without your hands?

I have to echo the sentiment that my faith in Jaron Brown holding down any job or role is about zero. Maybe David Moore isn’t it but if it’s not him and it’s not Jennings we all need to start buying more Ursuo and Jazz Ferguson.

Iceman03 said:
I have to echo the sentiment that my faith in Jaron Brown holding down any job or role is about zero. Maybe David Moore isn’t it but if it’s not him and it’s not Jennings we all need to start buying more Ursuo and Jazz Ferguson.
My bet is at the moment for Keenan Reynolds. He might be a guy who can step up and do some damage, but most likely this will be a situation where no particular receiver jumps out and Pete will use all of them in different situations. 

David Moore is expected to be out "a while" after injuring his shoulder at Thursday's practice.

Beat reporter Joe Fann of NBC Sports Northwest confirms he won't be ready for the start of the regular season and could be a candidate for injured reserve. It's another blow to a Seahawks' pass-catching corps that was already looking thin before injuries to Moore and second-round D.K. Metcalf, who is questionable for Week 1 following minor knee surgery. With those two sidelined, Jaron Brown should see plenty of run opposite lead receiver Tyler Lockett.

SOURCE: Joe Fann on Twitter

Aug 23, 2019, 2:45 PM ET

David Moore will receive a second opinion on his injured shoulder.

He's not expected to require surgery, according to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. Moore went down late in Thursday's practice and won't be ready for the start of the season. With DK Metcalf (knee surgery) also on the shelf, Tyler Lockett and Jaron Brown figure to begin the year as Seattle's top two receiving options.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Aug 23, 2019, 3:13 PM ET

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport reports David Moore (shoulder) will not go on injured reserve.

Moore will still miss the early part of the season, but he's expected back "sooner rather than later" after a second opinion showed more optimistic results. Moore offers some sleeper appeal when he gets back on the field, but it will be the Tyler Lockett show to start the season with DK Metcalf (knee) also sidelined.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 26, 2019, 4:18 PM ET

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll confirmed Tuesday that WR David Moore (broken arm) will be kept on the 53-man roster to start the season.

The Seahawks' receiver corps is all sorts of banged up at the moment, as both Moore and D.K. Metcalf (knee) are looking like long shots to suit up for the team's Week 1 matchup against the Bengals. Jaron Brown is the best bet to join Tyler Lockett in 2-WR sets, while John Ursua, Gary Jennings and Jazz Ferguson are candidates to see snaps in 3-WR formations. Lockett is locked in as Russell Wilson's No. 1 target for the first time in his career, a role which yielded an average of 115 targets per season for Doug Baldwin from 2015-2017.

SOURCE: John Boyle on Twitter.

Aug 27, 2019, 4:30 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread