What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Benny Snell Jr - The Snail King ***Official Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Food for thought - last year, PIT had 7 wins after 11 games.  This year, they have 6.  Last year, after 11 games, Ben was QB3, Conner was RB6, AB was WR6, and Juju was WR9, and Vance was TE11.  This year, after 11 games, Rudolph is QB29 (he would be QB23 if you gave him all of Ben's and Devlin's stats), Conner is RB17, Juju is their top WR at WR43, and Vance is TE23.  Their 6-5 record looks pretty good considering. 

tricky92 said:
I really hate fantasy football.
I replaced him at the last minute with tevin Coleman.  Both equally as bad and droppable.  Snell isn't necessarily bad, they just aren't using him. Coleman is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snell will get the work to close out the game if the Steelers are fortunate enough to be in aposition to attempt to burn clock at the end of the game.

VikingFrog said:
We should have seen this coming.
Classic reverse jinx in full effect.

True fantasy managers know how to inspire their guys to championships.

Benny Snell rushed 16 times for 41 yards in Pittsburgh's Week 14 win over the Cardinals.

This type of performance was always in Snell's range of outcomes since he had been living on touchdowns and stayed glossed over in the receiving-game altogether in three interim opportunities for James Conner (shoulder). His first quarter fumble didn't buy him any favors. He was also stuffed on his lone carry from one-yard out, seeing Diontae Johnson (6/60/1) catch a back-shoulder fade for a touchdown on the ensuing play. Snell is the AFC North's version of Sony Michel, and that won't change if Conner misses his fourth straight game in a juicy spot against the Bills in Week 15.

(FantasyPros) Pittsburgh Steelers running back Benny Snell Jr. carried the ball 18 times for 91 yards and a touchdown in a 28-10 loss to the Ravens in Week 17. Analysis: Snell was the lone bright spot on a dismal day for the Pittsburgh offense. The rookie running back finishes his debut season with 426 yards and two touchdowns. Snell should open the 2020 season as James Conner's chief backup.

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly expects Benny Snell to be James Conner's primary backup. 

We haven't heard much from fourth-rounder Anthony McFarland this summer, and Kaboly believes Snell looks quicker after losing weight. Kaboly does not expect Snell to have a standalone role, but says he would "want Snell on my fantasy team if I drafted Conner in the earlier rounds." 

RELATED: 

Anthony McFarland

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Aug 24, 2020, 10:31 PM ET

MORE

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly considers Benny Snell to be a "much different and better player" than he was last season. 

A grinding rookie backup in the Steelers' injury-marred 2019 backfield, Snell reported to camp 12 pounds lighter this season. "Any more of what we saw Thursday and Snell very well could sneak his way into a role in an offense featuring a healthy Conner," was Kaboly's observation following Thursday's practice. That is almost certainly hyperbole, but it appears Snell has easily beaten out rookie Anthony McFarland for direct backup duties. Snell could earn a standalone role if the Steelers commit to keeping a typically banged-up Conner fresher. 

RELATED: 

James Conner

Aug 27, 2020, 9:11 PM ET

Steelers RB Benny Snell is the "no-doubt No. 2" back in the Pittsburgh backfield after an impressive training camp during which he's shown improved receiving ability. 

This confirms what we've known for a couple weeks. Snell has locked down the backup role behind RB James Conner, who is expected to see a heavy workload in the Steelers' rejuvenated offense. A 13th-rounder in 12-team leagues, Snell is an ideal late-round selection for Zero RB drafters. 

Aug 29, 2020, 1:46 PM ET

Benny Snell rushed 19 times for 113 yards in the Steelers' Week 1 win over the Giants.

James Conner left with an ankle injury in the second quarter and never returned to the field. Dubbed the obvious No. 2 back all summer, Snell took over bell cow duties for the Steelers after Conner's exit, handling 19-of-20 carries post-Conner. He failed to catch his lone target in the passing game. After the game, coach Mike Tomlin simply said Conner was being "evaluated," but either way, Snell needs to be one of the week's top waiver claims ahead of a Week 2 date with the Broncos. Snell made it a point to get in better shape over the offseason.

Sep 14, 2020, 11:02 PM ET

Mild ankle sprain? Sounds like Conner got benched. 
Maybe.    It may have limited him enough to take him out and easy to keep him out since Snell was playing well.   Still trying to decide if Snell is the WW RB to target this week.  There are a few others that have potential but getting volume touches in that O with that D is very enticing.  

Thought he looked good last night, but even if he's passed Connor he's going to need to be much more involved in the passing game in order to approach "league winner" status.
Agreed.  Samuels will get worked into the passing game.

Conner will hang around.

McFarland is probably going to nudge into the picture at some point.

Snell 'seems' like the guy right now but Pittsburgh's backfield could turn into the mess it was last year.

I was surprised to look at the box score this morning because I could have sworn it seemed like Samuels was trading series w/ Snell.  

Must have just been in to block and/or run routes.

I was surprised to look at the box score this morning because I could have sworn it seemed like Samuels was trading series w/ Snell.  

Must have just been in to block and/or run routes.
he was in more in the first half and almost all of the 2 minute drive at end of the half.   Not so much in the second

Users who are viewing this thread