What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread: Toronto Raptors win NBA title #1.33 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice season, Celtics.
Sad.  A few years ago I felt that they were a team of the future and would be contenders for years to come, almost thinking that Ainge was the next Morey.  Now, not so much.  I guess they'll have a few first round draft picks but that hasn't seemed to help recently.  

I don’t get the NBA scheduling.  How has the NBA not featured Giannis in a weekend game?  Weird.

With the Bruins up 3-0 in a series clinching game 6, and the Patriots and Red Sox current champions in their respective sports, the celtics are going to be under a lot of pressure to keep the tiger slam dream alive. 

Sad.  A few years ago I felt that they were a team of the future and would be contenders for years to come, almost thinking that Ainge was the next Morey.  Now, not so much.  I guess they'll have a few first round draft picks but that hasn't seemed to help recently.  
Ainge was way too stingy with his assets. Kept holding and holding, and now they are half as worthy as they would have been. Can fault Elton Brand for overpaying for some players this year, but would rather take a chance and cash in some assets rather than just keep hoarding and hoarding until you end up with not much. if he doesn't get AD or something this summer, it is a big waste. How are they going to add 4 first round picks to this team? letting half of the team go and hoping to re-sign Brown and Tatum at reasonable contracts? going to be tricky

With the Bruins up 3-0 in a series clinching game 6, and the Patriots and Red Sox current champions in their respective sports, the celtics are going to be under a lot of pressure to keep the tiger slam dream alive. 
must be fun living in the past. Enjoy while you can, and pray to your God's you never have to meet the Eagles in the SB again

man it's crazy how quickly opinion on teams & players changes in the playoffs. a week ago the Celtics were prohibitive favorites to make the Finals. Stevens was a genius, Kyrie was the best player in the East... now they're a trash squad without a future, Stevens is a bum and Kyrie is a quitter.

matchups are important in any sport but especially in series. losing in a bad matchup to a better team doesn't make you garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's so crazy about the C's loss is the fan base blaming Kyrie after every loss. i can't think of any other fanbase that blames their most talented player after every loss. it isn't like he is making all the money there either

Earlier today I got 2 tickets for game 5 in Milwaukee and decided to take my son with me. I hate to get cocky about it but it kind of feels anticlimactic after this game. 
A quick perusal of the internet tells me that they haven't made the Conference Finals in 18 years (lost to Philly in 7).  Seems like it would be an awesome experience to see them clinch live, especially for your son. 

I never got to go to playoff games as a kid (as if that wasn't obvious), but some of my favorite memories from childhood are going to Warriors games with my pops. You might be creating memories that last a lifetime. 

Hopefully y'all have a great time and go Bucks!
i honestly have so much more respect for you than basically any other warriors fan hearing that you went to one of there games more than four years ago take that to the bank bromigo

A quick perusal of the internet tells me that they haven't made the Conference Finals in 18 years (lost to Philly in 7).  Seems like it would be an awesome experience to see them clinch live, especially for your son. 

I never got to go to playoff games as a kid (as if that wasn't obvious), but some of my favorite memories from childhood are going to Warriors games with my pops. You might be creating memories that last a lifetime. 

Hopefully y'all have a great time and go Bucks!
I’m going to love it. I went to all those playoff games back in 2001, driving up and back from Chicago, but haven’t been to a single Bucks game this season even though my office is a few block from the new arena.  My boss gave me the tickets earlier today and I was planning to bring a client, but he told me to take  my son so that was that. 

I’m going to love it. I went to all those playoff games back in 2001, driving up and back from Chicago, but haven’t been to a single Bucks game this season even though my office is a few block from the new arena.  My boss gave me the tickets earlier today and I was planning to bring a client, but he told me to take  my son so that was that. 
I don't know how old your son is, but this, and i think someone mentioned it earlier, are the things you remember forever as a kid.     

Smart boss

Not often can you get away with scoring 19 in the 4th against the Warriors. I was afraid Houston was dead in the water after coughing up the first two games, glad to see them make it a series.

can you please remove the comma from the thread title

sincerely the ole swcer

and there aint no big b in bangos baby

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I liked that early 2000 Bucks team.  Still remember going to one of the games v. NYK and watching Ray Allen warm up - I think he hit at least 30-40 3s before he missed.  Probably the smoothest jumper I've seen. 

I liked that early 2000 Bucks team.  Still remember going to one of the games v. NYK and watching Ray Allen warm up - I think he hit at least 30-40 3s before he missed.  Probably the smoothest jumper I've seen. 
That ECF series with the 76ers was crazy. The Bucks coulda shoulda won game 7 and were terribly robbed in game 4.  It will be fun if there’s a repeat this year. I was at the game 6 when Allen and Iverson, college rivals, each went over 40.  Milwaukee felt hard done in that series, rightfully so. (Bill Simmons wrote about it: http://brewedsports.blogspot.com/2009/12/bill-simmons-on-2001-bucks.html , googling “2001 ecf rigged” brings up a ton of discussions. George Karl openly accused the NBA of rigging the series.)  

we all hated the way Allen was traded away from that team,  but he didn’t get along with Karl and the coach won that battle. Allen, Sam Cassel and the historically underrated Big Dog Glenn Robinson - great team, great fun that season. 

That ECF series with the 76ers was crazy. The Bucks coulda shoulda won game 7 and were terribly robbed in game 4.  It will be fun if there’s a repeat this year. I was at the game 6 when Allen and Iverson, college rivals, each went over 40.  Milwaukee felt hard done in that series, rightfully so. (Bill Simmons wrote about it: http://brewedsports.blogspot.com/2009/12/bill-simmons-on-2001-bucks.html , googling “2001 ecf rigged” brings up a ton of discussions. George Karl openly accused the NBA of rigging the series.)  

we all hated the way Allen was traded away from that team,  but he didn’t get along with Karl and the coach won that battle. Allen, Sam Cassel and the historically underrated Big Dog Glenn Robinson - great team, great fun that season. 
I was never aware that they thought the series was rigged. I remember George Karl whining but he always whines. Wouldn't have mattered anyway. Bucks would've been swept by the Lakers just like the Sixers were done in 5.

I was never aware that they thought the series was rigged. I remember George Karl whining but he always whines. Wouldn't have mattered anyway. Bucks would've been swept by the Lakers just like the Sixers were done in 5.
I was at almost of those Bucks playoff games as well in 2001.  Like no other basketball games I've ever been too.  We beat the Lakers both times that year (to the best of my memory) and were the worst matchup from the East for the Lakers.  I think it would have been a much better series than Philly.

i was completely in the tank for Sam Cassell and his unstoppable work from the left elbow

That was heartbreaking to watch.  Agree with the comments that they would have gotten smoked by LA, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

I didn't pay much attention to it back then, but I do recall knowing about the massive foul/free throw disparity and the fact that Glen Robinson didn't shoot a single free throw until game 5.  It was a shame and a sham that Scott Williams was suspended for game 7.  Karl and Allen each got big fines from the NBA for openly discussing the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread