What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE (1 Viewer)

I was trying to think of a game where Jimmy had to sling it, and if hes ever had a 300yd/3td game. The answer is no. Here are his 17 career starts listed from highest number of passing yards to the least. Notice his 4 lowest yardage games are from this season due to the running game being so stout and not having to throw it much. His 3rd highest yardage total was also this year against the Bengals (he was just 4 yards away form having a 300yds/3td game that day)

In 17 starts, hes thrown for 3 TDs twice, 2 TDs six times, 1 TD six times, and 0 TDs 3 times.

Hes thrown at least 1 INT in 11 of 17 games (1 INT in 8 games, 2 INT in two games, 3 INT in one game, and 0 INT in 6 games)

His career totals in his 17 starts are 4245 yards, 24 tds, 15 ints

Cmp   Att    Cmp%   Yds     TD   Int     Rate    YEAR/WEEK

31       43      72.0       381     1      0      106.8     2017 WK15
20       33      60.6       334     1      1      92.2       2017 WK14   
17       25      68.0       296     3      1      131.0     2019 WK2
26       37      70.2       293     0      1      82.4       2017 WK13
20       33      60.6       292     2      2      84.47     2017 WK17
23       32      71.8       277      1     2      82.4       2019 WK3
24       33      72.7       264      1     0      106.1     2016 WK1
15       33      45.4       261      1     3      45.1       2018 WK1
20       30      66.6       251      2     0      114.7     2018 WK3
24       33      72.7       243      0     1      80.7       2019 WK6        
21       30      70.0       242      2     1      102.4     2017 WK16
18       26      69.2       232      3     0      135.4     2016 WK2
18       26      69.2       206      2     0      118.4     2018 WK2
20       29      68.9       181      2     0      108.5     2019 WK5
18       22      81.8       175      2     1      111.2     2019 WK8
18       27      66.6       166      1     1      80.2       2019 WK1
12       21      57.1       151      0     1      59.8       2019 WK7
So he's never shown to have a gunslinger mentality...will be interesting to see what kind of QB he becomes the longer he's in Shanahans system, it did wonders for Matt Ryan. Then again, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl with  great defense and running game, so....

Last edited by a moderator:
Breida, Mostert, and Skule are all banged up and listed as questionable.
Coleman gonna eat again. 

It was hard taking a bad beat (was up 37, Coleman scored 38.x) while at the same time rooting for him to keep crushing it. 

At least TNF I can relax and just cheer my team on without any FF interrupting my entertainment. heh

let’s go 8-oh! Go Niners! 
:pickle:

Were I a betting man; I’d likely wager on the Niners -10

AZ has Drake on a short week? Niners D is the toughest test Murray has faced.

this game could get ugly in a hurry for the Cards. 

Were I a betting man; I’d likely wager on the Niners -10

AZ has Drake on a short week? Niners D is the toughest test Murray has faced.

this game could get ugly in a hurry for the Cards. 
So you are confident Niners don't start believing their hype and bring their A game? On the road? In Division? on Thursday night?

I ask as they are my likely survivor pool pick, but see the above as the challenges they potentially face.

So you are confident Niners don't start believing their hype and bring their A game? On the road? In Division? on Thursday night?

I ask as they are my likely survivor pool pick, but see the above as the challenges they potentially face.
At this point I think Arizona has many more challenges than the 49ers. The big risk for the 49ers seems to be “getting high on their own supply“, and from everything I’ve heard from the team they are staying fairly humble.

this will absolutely be Murray’s biggest test as a pro, and that Niners pass rush is absolutely legitimately terrifying.

couple that with what should be a middling run game for the Cardinals, and I would absolutely take them in a survivor pool with fairly good confidence. Certainly more confidence than the Jets over Miami.

At this point I think Arizona has many more challenges than the 49ers. The big risk for the 49ers seems to be “getting high on their own supply“, and from everything I’ve heard from the team they are staying fairly humble.

this will absolutely be Murray’s biggest test as a pro, and that Niners pass rush is absolutely legitimately terrifying.

couple that with what should be a middling run game for the Cardinals, and I would absolutely take them in a survivor pool with fairly good confidence. Certainly more confidence than the Jets over Miami.
Cool...thanks for the insights. First bold above is the big key in my view. And completely agree on bold # 2

Cool...thanks for the insights. First bold above is the big key in my view. And completely agree on bold # 2
Interestingly, it seems like Richard Sherman is the one keeping them the most humble.

Listening to interviews with him, he’s clearly a very grounded person who takes things one game at a time. 

for a player who used to be perceived as incredibly arrogant, it’s an interesting shift.

Wow.

Tweeted by David Lombardi
@LombardiHimself

NFL historic adjusted sack rates since 1996 (Football Outsiders records go back until then):

1. 2019 49ers: 12.2%
2. 2000 Ravens: 11.9%
3. 2001 Saints: 10.7%
4. 1999 Broncos: 10.2%
5. 1997 Chiefs: 10%

Theyre both still listed at Questionable but it sounds like theyre gonna play. The good news is we have a week and 4 days before the Monday night game against Seattle, so we should get a few guys back.

"Kyle Shanahan said on @KNBR he expects Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert to be available for tomorrow’s game. Both will be evaluated in the morning after the team’s flight to Arizona tonight"

Theyre both still listed at Questionable but it sounds like theyre gonna play. The good news is we have a week and 4 days before the Monday night game against Seattle, so we should get a few guys back.

"Kyle Shanahan said on @KNBR he expects Matt Breida and Raheem Mostert to be available for tomorrow’s game. Both will be evaluated in the morning after the team’s flight to Arizona tonight"
I’d heard Staley has a shot at returning for the Seahawks game. 

Yeah him, McGlinchey, and Juice are all expected to be back for that game barring any setbacks.
Witherspoon as well.  He's kind of a forgotten man since Mosley has played so well, but Spoon was playing like a shut down corner before he went out.  Nice to have depth at a position that was considered a weakness going into the season.

That game was too close for comfort. I hate Thursday games. The rematch in 2 weeks in Santa Clara is gonna be fun, can't wait to see how we play the Cardinals after proper rest.

Jimmy gets his first 300yd, 3+ TD game...and zero INTs. He made some absolute CLUTCH 3rd down throws, it's like he thrives on the pressure.
The 3rd down pass to Sanders to keep the final drive going was pure money. Small window, pass rush in his face. 

Team seemed kind of flat defensively. On the long TD to Isabella, the pass rush was non existent. Lot of  penalties. Debo drops an easy TD, Warner drops an easy pick 6, Coleman drops a screen pass that was set up perfectly and could have gone 80 yards. Game was much closer than it should have been. 

But, a Thursday night road win and 8-0. Nice!

Man, hope Alexander isn’t seriously hurt. That would me a massive loss to the defense.  Guy has been really good this year.  

Man, hope Alexander isn’t seriously hurt. That would me a massive loss to the defense.  Guy has been really good this year.  
From 49ers page:

The 49ers have some level of optimism concerning LB Kwon Alexander’s chest injury. It was not diagnosed immediately as a torn pec, which would be a season-ending injury. He will undergo MRI on Friday to determine the extent of the damage. He appears to have good range of motion.

Fingers crossed 

The good news is with Sanders becoming a dangerous WR that Jimmy trusts, and Juice, Staley, and McGlinchey coming back, the offense should be noticably better going forward, which helps the defense, and if Kwon misses time, we're gonna need the offense to pick up some slack. I'll be glad to see Witherspoon back too, even though Moseley has filled in nicely before tonight. Short weeks are brutal for defenses though, so I'm not gonna worry too much unless it carries over into the Seattle game.

Short weeks are brutal for defenses though, so I'm not gonna worry too much unless it carries over into the Seattle game.
Agree. D-line just didn’t seem to have the energy last night.  Bosa’s first short week. 11 days to get ready for Seattle. All good.  

First time I have seen AZ play this year (other than red zone clips).  They are definitely heading in the right direction. Seems like Kingsbury is tweaking his offense and realizing you can’t go 4 WRs all game and effectively run the ball and protect your QB.  A lot more substance to that team than I thought. 

I wonder if drummer is somewhere still poo-pooing this team and Jed/Kyle/Lynch/Jimmy. It has to drive him nuts that they're suddenly one of the best teams in the NFL :lmao:
In fairness, the “Jed York is suddenly a great owner because the team is off to a great start” takes are bad. 

I had some doubts about Jimmy’s ability to carry the team and questioned the value of the Sanders trade, but last night was a fantastic rebuttal to my concerns. Jimmy still has 1-2 totally brain dead throws a game (did his best to throw a pick six in the backfield last night) but obviously he was great overall.

Murray made the front 7 look pretty slow, but there might only be 2-3 guys in the whole league that present that kind of matchup problem. 

In fairness, the “Jed York is suddenly a great owner because the team is off to a great start” takes are bad. 
Funny, I haven't seen a single take saying Jed is a "great" owner.  The most generous I have seen is that he is learning and staying out of the way of on the field football issues.

Wingnut said:
From 49ers page:

The 49ers have some level of optimism concerning LB Kwon Alexander’s chest injury. It was not diagnosed immediately as a torn pec, which would be a season-ending injury. He will undergo MRI on Friday to determine the extent of the damage. He appears to have good range of motion.

Fingers crossed 
At this point, I would be happy hearing it was a 4-5 game injury.  They could survive that fine.  Season ending would really suck.  LB is their weakest depth position and his ability to cover RBs has been huge.

Funny, I haven't seen a single take saying Jed is a "great" owner.  The most generous I have seen is that he is learning and staying out of the way of on the field football issues.
There’s been a lot of that on reddit. I’m guessing they are popping up wherever the super fans congregate. 

DAMMIT!!! Kwon is out for the season :wall:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130238-49ers-kwon-alexander-out-season-torn-pectoral-muscle/

Linebacker Kwon Alexander has been having a phenomenal first season with the San Francisco 49ers. That's why when he left with an injury in the fourth quarter during the 28-25 win over the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night, it was so disheartening.

Alexander has quickly become a vocal leader on defense and a significant reason for the unit's turnaround from a lackluster campaign last year.

Alexander underwent an MRI on Friday morning, and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the star linebacker and big offseason addition suffered a torn pectoral muscle, ending his season.

Just ####! 

That will hurt.  Trade deadline past. Just bad all the way around.
Last night after Kwon went out, rookie linebacker Dre Greenlaw took Kwons spot, and rookie linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair took over at Greenlaw’s strong-side spot when the 49ers ran 4-3 sets. Its looking like thats what our LB corps will be going forward. Next men up. As long as the pass rush is as good as its been the first 7 games, we might be ok. Be ready for the defense to fall in the rankings, but if our offense keeps improving, we should still be able to hang with and beat any team IMO.

2 rookies starting at the Sam and Will spot...man...this team just keeps rolling with backups and rookies, heres hoping that continues.

Last night after Kwon went out, rookie linebacker Dre Greenlaw took Kwons spot, and rookie linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair took over at Greenlaw’s strong-side spot when the 49ers ran 4-3 sets. Its looking like thats what our LB corps will be going forward. Next men up. As long as the pass rush is as good as its been the first 7 games, we might be ok. Be ready for the defense to fall in the rankings, but if our offense keeps improving, we should still be able to hang with and beat any team IMO.

2 rookies starting at the Sam and Will spot...man...this team just keeps rolling with backups and rookies, heres hoping that continues.
Although I'm not big on PPF scores telling the whole story, Kwon was the top rated 4-3 outside LB as far as pass coverage.  That's where they will really miss him.  Kamara and Aaron Jones coming up.  

But yeah, next man up.  

DAMMIT!!! Kwon is out for the season :wall:

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130238-49ers-kwon-alexander-out-season-torn-pectoral-muscle/

Linebacker Kwon Alexander has been having a phenomenal first season with the San Francisco 49ers. That's why when he left with an injury in the fourth quarter during the 28-25 win over the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday night, it was so disheartening.

Alexander has quickly become a vocal leader on defense and a significant reason for the unit's turnaround from a lackluster campaign last year.

Alexander underwent an MRI on Friday morning, and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the star linebacker and big offseason addition suffered a torn pectoral muscle, ending his season.

:no:  

sucks

First Stephon Tuitt, then JJ Watt, and now Kwon...what's with the rash of stars getting knocked out with torn pecs?! It's crazy.

https://www.49ers.com/news/what-does-the-loss-of-kwon-alexander-mean-for-the-49ers

San Francisco will look to rookie Dre Greenlaw to take over at WILL linebacker. Greenlaw filled in for Alexander following his injury on Thursday night. Undrafted rookie Azeez Al-Shaair replaced Greenlaw at SAM.

"Greenlaw would step in to that spot," Kyle Shanahan said Friday morning. "That would up Azeez (Al-Shaair) who’s been the fourth guy there on game day, and then we’ve got Elijah Lee on practice squad who played a lot for us here over the last couple of years, so he’d be the next man up also with that group. Kwon has been great for us this year on the field and as a leader."

No mention of Nzeocha :shrug:

Nzeocha will probably play a lot against Seattle since they are a more straight ahead rushing team. 
Seattle just claimed Josh Gordon off waivers and he will play next Monday night.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130252-seahawks-claim-josh-gordon-make-seattle-debut-49ers/

The New England Patriots released Josh Gordon on Thursday after placing him on injured reserve with a knee injury last week, and the Seattle Seahawks claimed the wide receiver off waivers on Friday, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Joe Fann of NBC Sports Northwest reports that Gordon will not play on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but will make his Seahawks debut on November 11 against the undefeated San Francisco 49ers at Levi's Stadium.

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet

The #Seahawks have claimed former #Patriots WR Josh Gordon, source said. QB Russell Wilson gets his wish.

4:50 PM - Nov 1, 2019

Wow. I guess the Damders signing has made Goodwin expendable.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-mailbag-which-linebackers-can-step-replace-kwon-alexander?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Q: Will we see Marquise Goodwin soon?

A: The 49ers have five receivers active on game days. Emmanuel Sanders, Deebo Samuel and Richie James (due to his contributions in the return game) are no-brainers. Kendrick Bourne has turned into a reliable target, so he’s pretty much a lock, too.

That leaves the decision for that fifth spot coming down to Dante Pettis or Marquise Goodwin. The 49ers believe Dante Pettis is improving and has a lot to offer due to his versatility. At this stage, unless there’s an injury, I don’t see how Goodwin gets back on the field with the 49ers.

:o

Going into this season, there's not a person alive that would have bet the 49ers would be the only unbeaten team going into week 10.

Anxiously waiting the injury report today.... Maybe we get Juice and Staley back this week, then Whitherspoon and McGlinchey next week?

Anxiously waiting the injury report today.... Maybe we get Juice and Staley back this week, then Whitherspoon and McGlinchey next week?
Looks like Witherspoon is good to go. McGlinchey seems to be the only one who may not be ready for Monday night. 

Users who are viewing this thread